Welcome to our concrete jungle

p. Honrin

POSTED: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

ooc - Forward dated to the 20th, when Honrin and his companion are staying for a night under Calia's invitation :D

Calia

The wild haired woman darted up the steps of the refurbished house, an extra bounce to her step. Though it was barely past dawn, the Nightstag could scarcely wait to see how her visitors had settled in. Honrin and his traveling companion, upon their return trip back home to Casa di Cavalleri, had decided to act upon the shepherd’s generous invitation to stay a couple nights within Winterwynd and observe the ways of Mistwalker life. Upon the founding of the new pack, many individuals had expressed curiosity regarding the mysterious band of renegades and loners, the large white man amongst them.

So she figured, why not allow a select few strangers within the borders with an invitation for a night’s stay, if only to satisfy their curiosity and report to their respective packs? The robust shepherd had broached the topic with Felix a few days prior to the arrival of Honrin, and for the most part the Ravenking agreed with Calia. After all, it was better to have an invited stranger within the borders where the Mistwalkers could keep an eye on them, rather than waiting for the first curiosity driven individual to dip a toe across their freshly laid scent borders.

But more than that, the albino was eager to hear what Honrin’s thoughts were about Mistfell Vale as a whole. How did their way of life differ from Casa’s? Did he find his temporary sleeping arrangements suitable to his standards? Their food and drink that they had to offer? Calia had selected one of the more recently refurbished houses in Winterwynd for the Cavaliers to reside in for the night that hadn’t yet been claimed by a Mistwalker. Respectful of how weary they must have been after their travels, the Nightstag had parted away earlier in the night, leaving behind some charred goats meat to dine on should they wish.

Bouncing on the balls of her feet, Calia raised a fist to rap on the door frame. Rap rap rap! ”Mornin’ there, sleepyheads!” The Nightlark called out in her usual cheerful fashion ”I do hope that you had a nice night’s sleep!” Then the albino waited, her tail wagging happily behind her. She did not come empty handed either, for two generous jars of clotted ewe’s milk were gathered in her arms. Alcohol would make a fine gift, for she had never known an individual to turn down free booze.

wc 402
Last edited by Calia Larsen on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag (NPC)
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 am

Hustlers shootin' eight-ball
Throwin' darts at the wall
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Very much like his mother, Honrin was awake with the cracking of the dawn, watching the rising of the sun in the great horizon from the top of the house he and Kjintora had been given to rest in for a night or two. With the skill of his father he had scaled the side of the building until he sat atop the roof with his legs dangling down. He caught sight of the albino woman as she bounded her way towards their abode and his extra-long gleaming teeth glinted in the dawn's light.

Kjintora would likely still be sleeping, she was one that enjoyed her lie-in. Ducking back from the ledge he waited to see how long it would take her to answer and indeed it was a few minutes later when a sleep ruffled Kjin answered the door with a tired smile.

"Look out below!" Honrin's voice burst through whatever conversation they were having and the Denahlii male leaped from the roof, landing and rolling to dissipate the momentum, popping to his feet with a jaunty bounce and taking an incredibly unnecessary flamboyant bow.

"My daughter and I appreciate your generous offer to stay here for a few days. Winterwynd is beautiful at this time of morning." Honrin's heavy northern accent dipped and flowed as the male gesticulated wildly with his words.

"Yes! It's very kind of you!" Kjintora smiled shyly and tried to push back her long hair into something resembling order, and failed miserably.

Speech. Thinking.

| [wc — ] template by hilli
Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Jace
Luperci Herdsman, Ambassador (MV) CdC Top Poster!
·AM I DREAMING·

POSTED: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm

ooc - Lmao Honrin just..casually falls off the roof in front of Calia XD

Calia

Calia waited patiently at the doorstep, completely oblivious to the white wolf perched just above her head on the roof. ”Hello?” The albino ventured once more, uncertainty showing in her voice as she strained her ears to listen for any sign of life stirring awake within the cabin. Oh dear, perhaps I came to early… The shepherd contemplated knocking a second time, but oh, that might seem too rude- when the door opened a crack. At the familiar sight of the Nightlark’s beaming smile, Kjintora opened the door even further, revealing a tired yet friendly smile in response to the albino’s cheerful greeting.

”Morning!” Calia said once more, her usual pep returning to her voice at the sight of the Casa woman ”My apologies if I woke-” The Nightstag’s apology was cut off by an audible gasp as Honrin called out from above, not missing a beat as he dove off the roof. The albino watched wide-eyed as the white male rolled to a graceful stop. As the Denahlii ended his dramatic entrance with a flamboyant bow, the shepherd emitted a giggle and clapped her hands at the performance.

”Well, sir, you certainly know how to make an entrance!” Calia laughed, her shoulders bouncing. As the father-daughter duo once more thanked the Nightlark for her hospitality, the woman’s tail began wagging happily behind her. ”Aw, I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying your stay!” Calia chirruped, her eyes crinkling up in a friendly fashion. ”And yes,” The albino inclined her head towards Honrin in agreement ”Winterwynd certainly is beautiful this time of day!” Nothing compared to the sight of the morning sun rising over the town’s horizon, the pink dawn spilling colors over the sparkling white snow that blanketed the little town.

”So, I trust that everything had met your standards? I do hope you two had a good night’s rest!” Calia continued, allowing herself into the house with a quick duck of her head. ”You know, we’re not quite used to getting newcomers ‘round here just yet, so my apologies if things are still a bit rough ‘round the edges, ya know?” The quaint house that the Nightlark had settled the pair into had its holes patched and floors sweeped, though it was still remarkably bare of decor and creature comforts. Still, it provided a clean space and a roof over their heads, while it may not be the same standard of living that the Casa members experienced back at home.

”Oh! And I brought you two these!” Calia extended the two jugs of clotted milk ”Consider it a welcome gift from the Vale!”

wc 435
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag (NPC)
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii
Word Count → 310 :: Out of Character text

Mirth bubbled and bounced in his golden eyes, and Kjintora rolled her own mismatched ones, well acquainted with her father's hilarious yet embarrassing antics. He spread out his arms is a gesture of helplessness,

"I try my best to be entertaining." Kjintora, sniggering under her breath retreated back into the house and the older pair followed. The house was old but serviceable, and its ancient creaking floorboards reminded him very much of the house he had been born with so for him it was a feature of fondness rather than an annoyance.

"Yes, it was very comfortable, and much better than sleeping out on the road. Consider us you're practice guests, we're used to the open forest and tents made out of hides so this place is the life of luxury." Whilst moving into one of the shops or the courthouse might be more prudent for work, he would lose the sense of quiescent peace that the forest and his family provided. His parents were very quiet individuals and relaxing with his beehives humming in the background was worth the trek he had to make each day.

Interest perked his ears and he reached out to grasp the two jugs from her, sniffing it eagerly. The alcoholic note touched him almost immediately, "What is this? It smells great."

And he became the sun, to shine upon the worthy

Template by Kitty, image by Ales Krivec.

Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Jace
·AM I DREAMING·

POSTED: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Calia

Honrin’s daughter seemed to be well adjusted by her father’s antics - perhaps a little too much so. But for Calia, the Denahlii’s dramatic introduction was rather amusing. Where Kjintora rolled her eyes, Calia simply laughed. ”Well, dear,” The Nightstag remarked as Honrin stood to his full height Entertaining is one way to put it!” The Nightstag stepped aside to allow Honrin to enter the house, following close behind him at Kjintora’s invitation.

”Aw, you’re too kind!” The Nightstag smiled at Honrin’s kind - and albeit mighty generous - description of their sleeping quarters. The house provided to their guests were serviceable, though they lacked any creature comforts. Once the pack became more established, Calia wished to expand their number of guest houses, as well as their furnishings. Nonetheless, compared to a night on the road, the Nightstag could imagine that a roof over the pair’s head was a welcome feeling.

”Anyway, I’m sure happy you both ‘re enjoying your stay!” Calia beamed at the father-daughter duo. They were some of the first outsiders to officially visit the Vale, and the Nightstag wanted nothing more but for the pair to report happy tidings once settled back in their southernly pack. News was slow to spread about Mistfell Vale’s founding, however it was inquisitive Luperci like these who would help spread the good word.

At Honrin’s curiosity regarding the clotted milk, Calia’s grin grew wider. ”T’is a drink known as kumis back in my homelands,” the wolfdog delved proudly ”It’s clotted milk from some of my own nanny goats. Taste takes a little gettin’ used to, but does the job all the same.” Wiggling her eyebrows, Calia urged Honrin as he sniffed the jar experimentally ”You n’ your daughter look like you can hold your liquor. Go on, try some!”

wc 300
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag (NPC)
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Word Count: [000] Form: Optime Date: DD/MM/YY Time: 00 AM/PM

There were different people that he could be, rolled up into one package that others didn't often associate with more than one or two. Most saw a laughing joker, a harmless drunk and that was preferable. Golden gaze stole between the daughter and the stranger woman and his jaws split into a grin displaying too-long canines and tossing back unruly hair. He was easy going and spread his free hand wide, supplication evident.

He took a sip from the jar and the heady taste settled on his tongue. He passed over the one jar from Kjintora to drink from and the Denahlii daughter took her own swallow.

That's good stuff! Da, get her the mead, the summer flower one. Kjin's eyes sparkled, and the younger woman surreptitiously stored her own jar out of the way, knowing her father would make short work of both if he were allowed to.

Honrin set down the jar and turned to rummage through haphazardly spread belongings. Being a trading trip, Honrin had brought a bunch of stuff that might be useful to someone or could simply be complete junk. He pulled out three long, dark-glassed bottles with a bark of triumph and presented them with a grandiose flourish, their liquid contents sloshing inside,

From Casa di Cavalieri to Mistfell Vale, Skål! It was a word he had gathered from some male from across the waters, supposedly a drinking word meaning good fortune or something of the like.

Honrin
Now we say goodbye
We can never go home

Table by Kitty. Artwork by Jasmae.

Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Jace
·AM I DREAMING·

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 am

ooc - We can wrap this up here! <3

Calia

The Casa male was a jovial one, and at the Nightstag’s offer, he returned a beaming smile. ”Go on, try it!” Calia insisted, wagging the flask in front of Honrin. Well, the trader certainly didn’t need to be told twice. Accepting the jar from Calia, Honrin took a generous sip for himself before passing the drink to his daughter, who did much of the same. Pink eyes danced mirthfully as she took in their reaction: Would the pair, as seasoned drinkers, get past the taste and appreciate the drink solely for it’s alcoholic purpose?

Calia beamed as Honrin voiced his pleasure. ”Glad it suits your taste buds!” Calia replied cheerfully. At the Casa male’s insistence, the Nightstag’s eyes widened. ”Oh you really needn’t, dear,” the albino insisted, waving her hand ”No need for repayment.”

However Honrin simply would hear none of it. The Officer dug through his belongings - most of which were haphazardly strewn across the room. Eventually he presented the Nightstag three amber hued bottled, to which Calia gratefully accepted. ”Many thanks, Honrin. And Kjintora.” Calia nodded to both man and woman ”These, I’m sure, will be greatly appreciated by the Vale.” At this Calia couldn’t resist adding a wry smile.

”Well then, I best be on my way! Don’t want to hold you up too long, after all.” The Nightstag gave her farewells, and with one more dip of her chin she politely excused herself from their humble temporary abode.

wc 243
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag (NPC)
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

Dead Topics