Wear this flesh and rule the world

POSTED: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:06 am

Coaxoch Ulrich

You gotta know and see that we are too clever

OOC: In the blackwoods. 478

Coax had been back within his homelands for only a few days before he had fallen back into his habits. His father, the Warden who had wandered off for a week or so, had been found and returned to Salsola in a strange state - one of which could only be described as 'off' - but at least he was whole. Till had been found having not slept for many days, and therefore he had made it far out into the wilds because of it. Coax had never seen the descent into sleepless madness that his father had succumbed to once before, and this display had scared him, a lot.

He did not know why his father had been going mad, what was helping him fall into the madness, but he felt like he might have been able to guess that this all had to do with the lack of support he had from the new leadership, and the one less friend that Till had in general. Coaxoch didn't want to admit it, but his father had always been a social creature, and the more withdrawn he was, the more Till would suffer, the more he would sink into a madness that Coax was unsure if he could ever snap out of.

Coaxoch had begun to worry about the health of his father, for his behavior could and would become worst should they ignore the signs.

Coaxoch finally had been able to split from seeing his extended family for the day, for he had been visiting his father and his new siblings during the late morning, and shared lunch with his family and chatted before finding himself needing to go back to working on his potions ad being alone in the Blackwoods. Once he had stepped foot in the darkened woods, he found that he was joined by his ghostly white companion, seemingly glowing in the darkness of the woods, but Coax knew that it was only an effect of his light color against the darkness of their surroundings.

Coax bent down and put his pale hand on the feline's head and gave the cat a rub and a smile. Ixion had always been a thankful sight and a wonderful companion throughout the time they had been together, and even now he held a bird that he had killed for Coax, whether it be for a potion or for food. "Thanks friend." he then commented to the cat as he took the bird from his maw and shoved it into his satchel that hugged his hip.

He continued to walk into the Blackwoods with little regard. He knew these woods like the back of his hand, and he even was starting to make a path that led to his home for ease. He was unafraid of becoming lost, nor the eyes that watched him as he walked along.

to be human

We all are absolute predators, We do not even

Table by Silverfrost | image by Subdivisions@FA | Edits done by Jmonster
Last edited by Coaxoch on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avvie by Nandolicious@FA, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Henchman
Jmonster
Luperci Witch 2020 SoSuWriMo Champion!
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Unless it was with or for the witch, Neith did not frequent the Blackwoods. The phenomenons experienced there perplexed him: the vision of the flesh-and-grove Maugrim, the whispers of a voice in the leaves. These phenomenons occurred nowhere else, even kept as secret from the majority of Salsolans, and beyond their territory Neith heard no whispers of ghosts. Even the traders and merchants in Portland had nothing to say of phantoms, and the notion that he would one day be forced to accept these haunts as reality never occurred to him during his upbringing there.

Neith hoped in his visit that Maugrim would reach out to him once more, that a conversation could be held on subject of Elphaba’s succession as Hierophant and what that meant for her. It was clear she and the ghoul conversed often. If they were close, Maugrim would concern himself for her as Neith did. The Heiwa called out to him, clueless, but the wisp did not appear.

He found instead the Confidant Coaxoch if recalled correctly, one of Till’s sons. Neith did not care for the family, not after the cloudy sequence of events that took his mother Lillith from him and produced instead one red babe by a different father. Naturally, the question why Coaxoch wandered the Blackwoods occurred to him, but Neith was more concerned with making himself scarce.

“Coaxoch,” he greeted evenly when their eyes met. Neith caught his eyes lingering on the young man’s missing arm and imagining the anatomy of it all before and after, and he visibly shook himself. He searched for something fast to say, disregarding any notion that Coaxoch might have been more familiar in, and more prepared for, the Blackwoods than himself. “Take caution. These woods can be dangerous.”

With that, he smiled and nodded and aimed to be on his way. Best not to fraternize with another son of Till. The story behind his birth could be as muddy as that of Dirge.

whose eyes you gonna use?

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Coaxoch Ulrich

OOC: I'm late as always, sorry. 681

It had not been too often that others walked through the Blackwoods, but Coax would be lying if he had not realized that it had been much more frequent than before. The rise of the Hierophant hadn't been the one thing that had brought the wolves to the Blackwoods, but the start of the coven had. It had been Loki to start it all, and here the male was, crumbling into himself as the death of his son had affected him so. Strange, it was, to se that Loki, a more capable man than Till, had begun to crumble with the death of son while Till bounced back and gave more life to Salsola in the wake of Valtin's death. Till had suffered for the Family, for his family, while it seemed that in the wake of death, the Crone's entire world seemed to crumble. Shame, as it was that Till had not picked up the title of Crone, for he seemed better suited at this point.

The sound of his name made the Wendigo turn his head with such intensity, that he could have been accused of cursing the names of his superiors. His maw softened as he noted who had called him, Neith, a warden like Till. Son of Loki, and Isabella. A Heiwa, abandoned the name of his mother for what reason, Coaxoch did not know. Coax had only heard rumors of the Warden's name change, but never bothered to ask why. Maybe he thought it was cursed, now that the Red Monster shared the name of Trombetta and Ulrich. Coax wondered briefly why the Warden would bother to speak to him, for it was common knowledge along the youth of Ulrich that the Heiwas were not friends, no matter how close they were related to them. They were to be avoided at all costs, because of Dirge. The Red Monster was the reason for the rift that had been between the two families, but Coax didn't feel like Heiwa would have ever been friends with Ulrich in the end of it all either way. It was something to do with the way that Till and Isabella looked at each other that might have given it away to the young male.

Needless to say, Coax did not meet Neith with any sort of ill intent, only with fascination written on his pale freckled features. He smiled warmly and bowed deeply at the Warden, showing the male the respect he had earned in his time back from the Outpost. "You are not wrong, my Warden." he confirmed with Neith as he drew back up. Even with as young as he was, when he drew up to his full height, he towered over most of his siblings, and only fell an inch shorter than his father. Coax had been huge for a coyote, as had his father before him. They both fell in to be taller than Neith as well, even though he had been a distant cousin.

"I do not see that you come here often, Warden Neith. Strange to see you here without the company of the Heirophant." he recalled only seeing them in passing a few times, never bothering to speak to them, nor to bother with what they were doing so deep within the woods of Old. Coax had better things to do than to fraternize with business that was not his own. "You see, I live within these woods. Have been for some time now, at the cemetery to the North of here. I know these woods quite well." he spoke to Neith, and also purposely failing to mention that his mother's birds lived with him here too. He did not want to upset the Heiwa, with the facts that Coax not only held custody of Lillith's birds, but also her old stallion. It had not been up to him what happened with Lillith's things, and he certainly did not want her birds hanging around, but he couldn't say that they weren't useful at times.

to be human

We all are absolute predators, We do not even

Salsola
The Henchman
Jmonster
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:47 am

The Ulrich greeted him with proper form and respect, tempting Neith to cast away his familial grudge out of common decency. The sentiment was immediately smothered, and Neith tipped high his chin proudly as if to detach himself from any quiet fraternal whims. He had avoided Till and his family well enough until now. That was not going to change.

“If that is the case, I do not envy you in the winter,” the Heiwa replied flatly, and questioned Coaxoch’s self-isolation in substandard conditions. It was one thing to suffer the shame of his family, but it was another to wear it as a badge and let it deteriorate any self-respect he might have had for himself. Neith glanced the skeletal canopies. “Why do you stay here? It is cold, wet and far from your family. You will become ill, perhaps worse than I could treat, and you would be no use to Salsola then.”

He’d never preached the culture of his homeland before, and it tasted stale and copper on his tongue. Regardless, it was common sense—to earn one’s keep, one needed to be healthy. One needed to be at his pack’s beck and call, if only to pretend he was willing to serve.

His eyes had thinned at mention of Elphaba, a burning sensation within his chest, something akin to betrayal. He and the Revlis were spied upon, effectively, though to what length Neith could not confirm. He did not mind this, though his offense was taken on behalf and defense of Elphaba. There was a rushing in the branches and leaves, though when Neith looked he saw only the spirits of songbirds scattering, and he breathed away the frustration. “How well do you know these woods, exactly?”

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Coaxoch Ulrich

OOC: o/ 857

Neith's tip of his chin did not phase the youth, for he knew better than to get angry at what he knew was only...normal. It had been strange that Coaxoch had been acknowledged by Neith at all, and Coax had been more than grateful to actually be recognized by the other if anything at all. He was tired of being ignored by the Heiwas, and though he would never show them how proud he truly was, he wouldn't cease to be friendly with them should they acknowledge his mere existence. Coaxoch had been present through it all, he remembered the negotiations when Lillith and Till made their deal, and he had been around for the fulfilling of it. He did not know what exactly happened to Lillith in the end, for he had not been around for that, but he did know that Till had come home with a little orange runt that would be raised alongside his full blooded sister, Priya. It was then that the Heiwa Matriarch had returned to Salsola Proper and had shed true light on what had happened, from her own point of view, with Till having being punished days before this for the death of the Red Witch. Coaxoch remembered the vines that wrapped around his arms, how he was forced to hunt, eat, and function for two months time with these thorns embedding his flesh and blood almost constantly flowing from his arms. He remembered the smell of blood and infection as wounds reopened constantly, and salves that Calla had applied to his flesh to help them heal - though it did not help all too much in the end. Till still wore those deep scars are if these vines still wrapped around his flesh and embedded their hard thorns into him.

Still, Coaxoch could not place blame on Neith and Elektra for hating Till. They could only be blamed for not accepting their half brother, and shunning the rest of the Ulrich clan. True, they did not owe anything to the Ulrichs, Coax did not ask this, but he only wished that they had not shunned the brother that looked so much like their mother. Dirge did not deserve to be hated merely for his existence, and the youth had been more than even tempered enough to where he had been one of Coax's favorite of Till's other children. Dirge just wanted to be loved, and he wanted too help his older brother. Coax didn't really know if Dirge really understood why they hated him so much. It made Coax feel bad for Dirge. Coax did not feel sorry for himself, nor Till, nor any of his family for being shunned, only Dirge, who had been truly blood to the other Trombettas.

Coax did not let this concern, this sorrow show on the outside to Neith, nor did he actually speak on these concerns. There would be no reasoning with the Heiwas, he knew this much. There was nothing he could do to change what had happened and there was nothing that he could do to make it better. If years did not lessen the pain, then nothing would lessen their grudge, he was certain.

Neith's concern of him staying far from home had been a surprise. His brows rose up and as the smile pursed on his lips. "You are right, It is cold and wet. I merely stay out here to keep my siblings from succumbing to the poisons that I experiment with. There is nothing more devastating than being the reason of your brother's demise." he spoke, shrugging his shoulder and a half. "Though you would know nothing of this, since you disown the only brother you have." he thought, but still wore a warm smile on his maw. He would never let them know the ill thoughts he held for them as they had done towards him and his.

At the question of the familiarity he had for the woods, his smile grew only slightly brighter. He had nothing to hide. "Well, I spent a lot of my childhood in and out of these woods. My uncle -er I mean- Dullahan Eternity was my mentor while I was growing up, and he used to live out here too. He made me wander around until I found him sometimes. Other times he would watch me from afar, making me track him in circles before I finally found him. He was kinda an ass, to be honest. Haha. " Coaxoch laughed at the end of his explanation, having no intention on not giving Neith the information he wanted. Coaxoch was only following orders, after all. "What I'm trying to say, is that I am very familiar with the nooks and crannies of these woods. They almost feel more like home than my father's dwelling. That'd probably be the other reason I bit my tail and moved out here. " he continued with a nod of his head.

"I'd come to assume that you have started to become familiar with the woods yourself too, no?" Coax asked the Warden.

to be human

We do not even have any enemies

Salsola
The Henchman
Jmonster
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:03 am

The Ulrich spoke cryptically of poisons and fraternal demise, in such a way that Neith doubted experience in these subjects and assumed them to be part of the Salsolan pomp and masquerade. He had experienced these less and less of late, or so the Heiwa believed, anyway, for he rarely made conversation with those outside his social circles. He kept to himself. He let others approach. It was the best way to keep one’s head down.

Unless these were more lies, which Neith did not anticipate as such, it was obvious Coaxoch did not walk the same Blackwood paths as he. The Heiwa found himself looking quizzically up into the bony treetops, questioning the omniscient eyes of Maugrim somewhere within, and choosing his words wisely before putting together a careful response. “Familiar enough, I suppose. Not my cup of tea, but I’ve more than enough reasons to stop by. But, if you must insist to stay here, I will trust you know what you’re doing.”

Neith expected that the spirits in the woods had a different opinion.

He shifted the satchel across his shoulder, implying intentions soon to leave. One more thing. ”Bit off your tail, you said?” A self-amputation was intriguing, but the combination of missing tail and missing arm left one questioning.

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

Dead Topics