Re: when you're on a golden sea

p- linden

POSTED: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: sorry for the crappy post <3

'No', she replied, unperturbed by the abrupt nature of his statement, she didn't even bother to turn around to reply to him, 'I'm not. Just haven't got around to it yet'. It wasn't the entire truth, and yet it wasn't a lie. She'd never tried, because she'd always been otherwise occupied with other things, things that didn't necessitate opposable digits. Perhaps it was out of rebellion too, the aggressive need for humanity had always irked her, along with many things Saga actively disliked.

Eventually, like most, Linden fell upon a much repeated joke, though this time it was met with a smile instead of an exhausted sigh. She humoured him, mostly because she figured he could do with the humour. 'There's not much dried grass this far up north, I'd say you have just as much trouble' the two toned girl countered, turning her bright gaze towards him momentarily.

Linden continued to make conversation, and Saga nodded in agreement with his latest statement. 'Pretty much that, and the occasional loner looking for a home. Traders too sometimes, I deal with them too, diplomacy and all that', Saga explained, the pride in her voice just audible.

Saga remained silent until they turned onto the next street, her yellowgreen eyes watching the crumbling buildings pass by as they moved at a comfortable pace through the village. 'There's a few stable houses along this road, one or two of them might be big enough for three' the girl commented, slowing down a little to allow Linden to peruse.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Not knowing her enough to recognize that her behavior were acts of defiance, he dismissed them as peculiarities and did not worry about the cause. She was nice enough and it was not his place to judge strangers who had let him in – especially now, when he had been branded a traitor to his birthplace.

It's easier on horseback, he informed her. Gunther had changed how Linden behaved, and revealed what he could do with the animal's assistance. A wolf could live alone. A wolf did best, however, with a partner. In Linden's case, self-isolated from his peers and enamored with a girl who might have destroyed him, the horse provided more than mere amusement. Most food sees the horse before it sees me.

It would be easier with a bow, but that had been lost. He was forced to rely on charity now, but no one here seemed to mind.

That's a worthwhile path, diplomacy. Is that something you've always wanted to do?

His attention was only half on Saga at this point, taking in the buildings she wanted to show him. They were similar things, likely made around the same time. A crumbling wall dissuaded him from one, while another he passed at a glance, thinking it too cramped for the horses.

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Mel
Luperci
Saṃsāra

POSTED: Fri May 18, 2018 4:35 pm

2+

'I wouldn't know', she admitted plainly. In her short life, she had very little to do with horses, save for the odd time she'd visited her father in the stables whilst he was tending to his steed. She'd never ridden one, nor so had she been as much as been stored in a saddle bag as a whelp. And while she remained upon four legs for the foreseeable future, there was no need to even begin thinking about finding herself a mount. 'Besides, I enjoy the run for now at least'. Eventually, the youthful vigor would fade away, and while the mind refuses to give up the habit, the body would nevertheless fold, and Saga would be forced to find ways around her ailing form.

The conversation moved further forward towards talk of diplomacy and there was a sudden, yet subtle, change in the girl's body language. The mottled creature stood up a touch straighter, and there was a hint of something akin to pride in her poisonous green eyes. Like any youngster, Saga was not immune to the buzz that compliments brought about, especially when those compliments were based on skills she threw herself into. The girl rolled her shoulders as best as she could in her feral form in response to Linden's question. 'I guess,' she replied, her gaze far from his auburn form, falling instead on the passing buildings too, 'I guess I just fell into it' she admitted. It hadn't been something she'd actively picked up, either in childhood or in her tenure within the Vale. 'I enjoy it though'.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

Mistfell Vale