I’ve been told, I’ve been told to get you off my mind

POSTED: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:42 pm

He had given the boy his space in the wake of The Last Supper, spending time instead with the boisterous Jacquard. For the first time in months Brocade felt himself loosening beneath the mans over-eager smile and suggestions to train together. The tawny wolf still slept in his tiny caravan alongside Etoile, his heavy-set horses grazing together in the main clearing that bordered the tiny stream that trickled through Brocades property.

Jacquard was telling another one of his war stories as they paced toward the training ground. <"You should have seen their faces Broc,"> He was grinning, thumping the silver mans shoulder, <"Never saw it coming.">

Brocade rumbled, it was impossible to ignore the mans joviality at the best of times. He had forgotten that somehow in the time since they had been apart. Ferdinand had always been able to reign the hulking man in, to focus his attentions towards the future, towards the battles to come. Here Jacquard drank openly, gazing at the pretty women they passed with warm eyes and a sweet dark mouth.

<"You speak to me as if I was not there," They nudged each other down the path, two grown shoulders playing as boys, <"I remember just as well as you do.">

It had been hard won, but together they had managed to control the skirmish.

There were so many feuding troupes in Ame Rouge - so many mottos and flags that fought against one another no matter the consequence.

<"That boy, he should do some of this... would feel good after having that girl practically sold to him"> Jacquard rumbled softly, <"What a tradition.">

The training ground was empty as the two men vaulted the short fence that surrounded it. "Come on then let's get to it." Jacquard cuffed the scarred man and ducked as Brocade aimed a punch towards his face.

They circled one another, tails twitching - both faces split into eager grins.

Brocade spat at the earth, "Buy me a drink after I win."

Come meet Broc and Jacquard! Wanna tussle?

Salsola
The Guardian
(Online)
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite Salsola's Top Poster!
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Brocade had not come consoling him in the days following the Supper, something Krios found himself surprisingly relieved about. His mother would have come bustling in as though to soothe him, when all it would it have done was to confuse him further on the subject. Or maybe her persistent questions would have alleviated some of the troubles he had figuring things out. Kamari was out of the question in terms of people to seek out; she was still livid.

By then, Krios was more than ready to deal with the world that he forced himself into. But, his uncle and housemate was decidedly absent from the vicinity when he decided to seek him out. That always seemed to be the case, especially when he was actually eager to speak with someone for any important reason.

He followed the fresh scent of the man and another, feeling uncertain if the man was occupied with another person. Maybe a distraction would be welcome, especially if his uncle did not discuss the whole betrothal issue in front of a stranger unrelated to them.

Krios took a bit of time to catch up to them, by which point they were very nearly to the training grounds. He had followed them a bit of a ways, his steps faster as he struggled to reach them. They jostled at one another in the clear way that friends did openly between one another. His heart panged and he hoped that things were mendable between him and Kamari. He had no friends and he was going to feel the loss mightily if nothing could be done.

They spoke in French, a language he did not excel at for all that he understood it relatively well. More jealousy, even as he pushed it down and away. They were within shouting distance, and yet he said nothing. Even his pace slowed to a more acceptable brisk walk.

Brocade and his friend started to spar by the time Krios, bantering easily. The last bit spoken was in their usual language mercifully, as Krios ran up to the fence. ”And what do I get if you win?” he called boldly toward the duo, smirking broadly.

Last edited by Krios Revlis on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 pm

The two men almost didn't notice when Krios came upon them. They jostled each other and slapped at each others hands, carefully circling and assessing the others weaknesses and hoping for an opening. Brocade already knew where to watch Jacquard - the taller man had a tendency of favouring his left side and adjusting his weight too much when he was excited. They were both smiling, snapping their jaws at one another, goading until they heard Krios.

Jacquard panted a laugh, thumping himself on the chest as he ran to the fence to greet the young man, "What do you win?" He laughed, greeting the boy by tousling his hair, "You have to get into the ring first mon gar." He winked a shiny blue eye, and glanced at Brocade as he too trotted toward Krios, "Bonjour," He glanced around, "Does your mother know you are here?"

He threw back his head, "It is of no matter, come, come," Jacquard stepped back into the ring, "Do you know how to fight little man?" He was grinning again, the scruff of his chin wagging as he glanced between the two men, "Don't tease him Jacquard." Brocade was nudging him again, smacking the breadth of his shoulders in an effort to attract his attention.

"Let's show him what we can do."

Jacquard suddenly roared and threw himself towards Brocade, easily surprising the man and tossing him to the ground.

"Non, not like... this."

Brocade sighed deeply and extended a hand, "Help me up."

Salsola
The Guardian
(Online)
Amanda
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 pm

He grinned widely. "Don't gotta listen to my mama now that I'm not under her roof, didn't you know?" he countered with a wag of the tail that was far more doggish than his very wolfish features seemed to suggest. The two men did not throw him out or force him away, their words more inviting that he thought they would have been considering he had forced himself into their collective. It was a nice feeling not to be scooted away like an indignant child for a change.

"I know some; I was taught by.. I was taught." His lips barely faltered but his slip was clear. He had been taught by Lokr, who was Pentiti among them. His name was not to be uttered for all that he was his father. Krios did not wish for the man to be chased out and away, for he had never known the man as anything other than teacher and he would have liked to know him as father. He had, after all, never known he had been so close, that entity called father.

Still, the young man climbed into the ring without thinking about it first. It was more fun that, after all.

He laughed at Brocade being toss to the ground, amused by it. He was unlikely to ever get the same sort of bulk the two men had but it did not hurt to know what to do against a bigger opponent. "Yes, show me what you can do, so I can learn your secrets and defeat you," he goaded them on, laughing as only a reckless youth could laugh, even in playful banter between men.

Last edited by Krios Revlis on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 pm

There was something about rough housing that reminded Brocade of his childhood. Dirge had always been happy to tousle with his sons, and though Weaver had been a quieter sort they had both always been eager to impress their father. Hyacinth had always watched quietly, her large golden eyes deeply curious - but she had been forced to sit on the sidelines with Calla, Velveteen lecturing them on what it meant to be a proper woman.

Brocades expression warmed at the thought of his sister - and he wondered briefly how she and her children were at the Outpost.

Jacquard was bombarding him with a peppering of light punches, "Come on Broc, get up-" His jaws were wide with laughter as he pulled the soldier to his feet, "Ready for round two?"

Brocade couldn't help the laugh that bubbled in his throat. Jacquard had a way with people that was both charming and annoying - a skill that had his blue eyes sparkling easily. He always made friends no matter where they went, and found that women swarmed to him eagerly. He was approachable until he whipped out the mercenary version of himself - then he was a stalwart brute of a man who was prepared to smash skulls and break bone.

"What do you want to learn Krios?" Brocade was ducking another of Jacquards punches as the man winked at Krios, "- Besides how to please a woman."

Salsola
The Guardian
(Online)
Amanda
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sat May 19, 2018 8:00 pm

They continued to banter and to roughly fight with one another in the way that friends did. Krios continued to grin at them both, until the newer man suggested something about pleasing women. Had his skin been exposed, it would have gone pink. However, it was clear from how his eyes widened and how his ears flicked back that he was certainly taken back by the suggestion. His hands clenched at his sides, but he did not retreat from the side of the ring.

He may have slept with a woman but that had been his only real experience with one. It had not been the greatest, especially since she had basically led the way for him to do what she wanted him to do. Kamari likely had no experience at all, and he had already told her what had happened since that woman's beau had come to knock about his brains.

"I mean, that is.. that's something I should learn, too," he said as roguishly as he could. "I haven't had a lot of practice," he added in an attempt to swagger, especially to dismiss his lack of real-world experience. With no father and being unwilling to go to Neith, Krios thought that Brocade and Jacquard were probably the best thing he had to ask about how to please a lady properly. God, he felt warm just thinking about the topic, especially growing up in a woman-heavy household.

GIVE HIM THE SEX TALK HE NEVER GOT

Last edited by Krios Revlis on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krios Revlis

Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Jacquard was laughing so hard that he was forced to plant his hands on his thighs to catch his breath. ”Not a lot of practice?!” He was wheezing, ”Boy at your age I was in the thick of it-“ Brocade was chuckling, though took the opportunity to give the brute a might shove that had him toppling to the side, ”Be kind to the boy Jacquard – not everyone is you.” He grinned at Krios as Jacquard finally straightened, thumping a hand on his wide chest.

”Well we have work to do before the wedding.”

Brocade cocked his head, ”Congratulations by the way.”

He had all but forgotten that Krios had become a Revlis (well he supposed he hadn’t become one, he had always been one in secret) and had a blood tie that connected him to the Royalty of the Realm – something that automatically put the boy in good standing.

Brocade grunted, and help up his hands, ”Lets see what you got m’petit,” He gestured with his thick muzzle, ”Throw some punches.”

Jacquard crossed his arms, prepared to assess.

Salsola
The Guardian
(Online)
Amanda
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Krios scowled openly at the other man. The mockery was kindhearted, though it ribbed at him a little. He did not feel as though he was wildly inexperienced in the ways of wooing and pleasing a woman, but he knew well that he had a lot to learn before he could say he was any sort of proficient at it. The only girl he had slept with had been helpful with her pointers, but they would not be universal, nor could he ever say to Kamari where he learned things. His heart wilted at that thought. It was going to be a nightmare, wasn't it?

He looked blankly at Brocade, blinking for a moment. Congratulations for what? For his impending marriage? For his newly discovered bloodline? For the inevitable suffering and work he was going to have to deal with at some point? It hardly seemed worth congratulating.

Krios gave him a weak smile, mostly because he was so unsure what the words for even for.

Brocade raised his hands up and Krios knew what was expected, especially since the man specifically said what was expected. He shook his head a little and raised his own arms, spread his feet a little apart for that better balanced stance he was taught, and began to move toward his uncle, cousin, whoever.

"Start off simple, okay?" he said, both in question and as a statement. Brocade as a teacher was new to him. It would take a moment to learn his method of teaching.

Unsure if it was a full-out brawl or spar, he threw first a simple straight. He did not know any fancy trickery, but knew how to throw a couple of sturdy punches despite his lack of full brutal strength. He was a scout, an archer, and he was not supposed to get into a melee. But, it never hurt to be prepared. That and he was not about to fight too dirty there. In a fight for one's life, who cared about honor? He would have gone straight for Brocade's nuts if he was an actual enemy.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Marriage was something that Brocade had never thought of. His entire life had stretched out before him as the life of a forlorn wanderer, a gypsy-soldier who allowed his heart to go wherever it pleased. His family had understood that, had allowed this idea of marriage to fester and grow until the soldier had cast it aside entirely.

Until now.

He had pined after Etoile for so long that the idea of her had begun to shift and change until she was the ideal woman in his mind - a perfect image of a confidant. Wives brought power to a family, wives brought children - passed down names and bloodlines - and in a place like Salsola this was an important fact of life that brought with it promotion and ambiguity. Brocade wanted a wife for reasons that his heart did not yet fully understand - and all of his decisions were shadowed by a darkling witch.

She had beguiled him long ago, and try as he might he could not forget her.

He remembered the expression on both of the young Salsolans faces when the announcement had come - and as Krios set his feet and prepared to punch he wondered if this emotion had changed.

Jacquard was rocking on his heels, "Do not forget to put your weight behind each strike," He pointed at the boys feet, "And stay light, you don't want to knock yourself down."

Brocade smiled when the first strike landed tried and true. He encouraged Krios with, "Good. Now again."

Salsola
The Guardian
(Online)
Amanda
listen to the wild

Dead Topics