What about now?

For forever can wait

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:06 pm

OOC; Either a random thread is fine or if anyone wants to use this for some other purpose is fine with me! totally need and will take whatever can be thrown my way.

If there had been one minor event in which Kira had not truloy expected to be anything more than a simple observer to all that occured during the events that were the mentor ceremony that had been planned and in time the events unfolded, so to have attended it with - in his mind - the intentions of being a simple onlooker to be summoned forth to be paired with another of the youth of casa that had come of age had if nothing else come as a slight surprise to the silver grey herbalist. Granted he knew full well now that after all the time he had already spent within Casa that such things would happen; but a part of him had in many ways not truly expected to be assigned another of the youths to him - or at the very least not for some time to come.

So now for such a thing to occur it had certainly caused any prior plans he may have had with his life to at least be put on hold for a time, for given the circumstances he could be forgiven for putting such events off for a time. Especially given there were no doubt within Kira's mind that should he even dare to consider refusing or otherwise abandon this task he would certainly feel guilty for it; so remain he would for now at least.

A combination of these thoughts along with just what and how he would do in order to offer aid to the youg Attaya male had been his near constant companion for much of the previous day or two even as he went about his normal activities. Which today at least found him having lingered longer than usual within the medico rooms listening to Morty ramble and torment him in equal measures, a detail that anyone who knew the dark healer well enoguh knew to ignore for the most part.

"You better let me see those two pups of yours next time Kira Raine or I will be removing your tail when your sleeping. That or dying your fur a nice shade of pink - see how you can explain THAT to everyone. Especially to that lady of yours." Came the typical threat that seemed to on occasion follow the herbalists visits here, a simple chuckle escaping Kira as he stepped out into the corridor and turned just enough to cast his gaze back upon the dark female in question. "Yes and I'll add that to the list of things you already have threatened me with Morty. And I'm still waiting." Kira responded cheerily as he dipped his head slightly before turning to leave her and the healer's rooms behind and striding through the courthouse - where to and what activity in mind he knew not.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

Aldora Knight

It was not often that Aldora injured herself, at least not to the point where she would seek aid. And even this was not that grievous of an injury, but it had dirt and grass and who knew what else inside, and so she figured she best have it checked out.

This was not the first time Aldora walked away from the training grounds bleeding, and it truly had been a complete accident, so she felt no shame. She had been practicing with the bow at a close distance, and a shot had ricocheted off the hard wood of the target stand, and come back straight at her, lending her a fairly deep graze on her arm. It was quite the shot really; had it been only a few more inches to the left, she would have been impaled. But it was what it was; she hadn’t been paying full attention, the heady scent of that freak flower had made everyone a bit loopy lately.

After she had been hit, she had fallen into the dirt, and now her blood turned the debris into some kind of fantastic and horrible slurry in her wound. She clutched her arm and headed to the Medico room.

By the time she got there, the wound had stopped bleeding for the most part, and she nearly ran into Kira as he exited, Oh! Kira! she exclaimed, is Morty in? she did not need to explain why, it was pretty obvious. She then wondered if maybe he could help her out; she doubted she needed stitches, maybe just a good clean and perhaps the herbalist had some ointment to make sure it didn't get infected. She had also had yet to tell him about her interactions with his lover; Abigail had been so kind to her when she had visited Cour des Miracles.

Word Count → +3 :: OOC

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Nat
Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

POSTED: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Though under under circumstances and in an entirely different setting Kira would normally allow his attention to wander and allow for the most part he would register most thigns that would occur around him it would naturally be clear that his mind were elsewhere, though not on this particular occasion. For occasions like this when the herbalist male were within the courthouse especially he paid near full attention to anything and everything, even if it were to simply just to avoid colliding with any others who were moving around to where ever it was that they needed to go - like today for example, it were nearly Aldora.

If there were one thing in which Kira were grateful for was that despite his age after having spent enough time within the cavalier lands his reactions tended to do him some favors - a simple adjustment in his stride to steady himself after having taking note of movement coming towards him did black hands rise to lightly come to rest upon the younger female's arms a faint smile forming ready to dispel any apology that may have erupted forth due to the near miss. This and his green gaze briefly fixing upon the other's face before dropping and fading into a flicker of concern upon focusing instead upon the injury upon her arm.

"Get bored with the usual targets did we Aldora? Just as well wasn't any worse or you were off elsewhere." Kira meant it not as a reprimand in any way or anything similar it was merely meant as a concerned statement as he studied the injury - well more like a large dirty scratch - that lined her arm. "And unless she's gone off in search of something to follow through with her threats she should be, otherwise you'll have to put up with me." Kira finally added as he removed his grip upon her and taking a step to one side to allow her to continue upon her route; with him in tow of course. Well it were not often that he tended to interact with those younger cavaliers and once in a while it were a somewhat pleasant experiance.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Aldora Knight

Aldora smiled at Kira’s calm nature and reaction to her sudden appearance; he had always seemed in control and somewhat wistful, yet there was a strength there that one could not deny. She had not interacted with him as much, as he was much older and more advanced than her in skill and knowledge; they just did not linger in the same groups as one another.

But that didn’t matter, she trusted him through and through like she did with the majority of her pack-mats, and she took his advice to enter in to find Morty.

However, inside the Medico room, she found nothing but supplies and a spotless workspace, as Morty kept it. The healer must have slipped out just after Kira had left her. Aldora turned around, Do you mind? She asked, lifting the injured arm towards the dusty male.

She took a seat on one of the stools nearby so that she was sturdy and wouldn’t sway as he tended to her, Just wasn’t paying full attention. She said honestly, but then defending herself, Those damn flowers I’m sure. Have you seen them? She had heard tell that they were as tall as trees, sticky as if they were covered in honey, and smelled so sweetly that it was like sticking one’s maw in a bee hive… and just as deadly. Apparently some lesser creatures had thrown themselves off the cliff-sides to their deaths after getting close to the gigantic foliage; how strange… she had to admit it disturbed her.

Word Count → +0 :: OOC

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Nat

POSTED: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm

In Kira's mind ignoring the fact that despite the difference in age between both himself and Aldora and - despite residing within the same pack - they in turn tended to gravitate towards those of a similar age to themselves more often than not, it mattered little for on the rare occasions such as this when they did it proved to be of an interesting nature. Not that the herbalist male's mind lingered upon such thoughts as he followed Aldora back into the Medico room as green eyes wandered in what would be a feeble attempt at seeking out Morty; rather finding simply an empty room.

Typical Morty. If there were one that could dissappear without others noticing even when they had only recently left the healer it were her, well that didn't matter it wasn't as if it mattered. So Aldora's query and lifting of her injured arm to him simply received a small smile and shake of his head to indicate he didn't, after all he were certainly more than capable of tending to the injuries of any of the cavaliers in the absence of the more 'offical' healers.

So with that Kira left the young female to find herself a seat and in turn make herself comfortable as he went about retreiving all that he needed to tend to the cinjury upon her arm, even if it were simply a bowl of water and a suitable cloth to wipe away the muck and blood. All the while listening to her response to his teasings before the older male came to stand before her and begin his work, a hand gently steadying the Knight girls arm before gently wiping at the cut with the now damp cloth as his gaze shifted between his task and her face. "I have to admit, not seen them yet but have heard a few . . . . . . disturbing details about them. It's a little worrying that such things could cause so much harm by simply growing." Kira admitted, it was most certainly disturbing and worrying for he truly hated to imagine just what could happen if any canine were to get too close. No; it didn't bear thinking about.

"I just hope that they do not survide long - for I have had enough of losing those who have come to know well." Yes it were a mildly morbid thoughts on his part but all the same he preferred such things to not occur.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Aldora Knight

Kira smiled at her in such a genuine way that she could not help but smile back. Of course he would be ready and willing to help her, and despite his not being considered a true healer in the pack, she was confident he would do a fantastic job fixing her up.

After she had gotten comfortable, Kira began to clean her wound with cloth and water. It stung something fierce, and the bowl quickly turned ruddy, debris floating on the surface. But the injury was not nearly as bad as she had first believed, nothing more than scratch really; she could have probably taken care of this on her own.

At her mention of the flower however, Kira became solemn. Her lavender gaze flitted up to his face, but he was still concentrating on her arm. She saw worry there, written on his face. His next words were a bit chilling, and she remained silent for a moment before speaking softly, I’m sure the scouting party will be alright. it sounded more like a wish than assurance.

Desperate to lighten the mood, Aldora’s countenance brightened, I never got to tell you, but I met with Abigail in Cour des Miracles during my travels. She smiled, She was very kind to me, you’ve chosen a good mate. Though she knew they could not truly be mates unless they lived in the same pack; what heartache the two of them must feel, to be separated.

Word Count → +0 :: OOC

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Nat

POSTED: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:19 pm

If there were one thing in which Kira were in many respects truly grateful for was that despite technically being the Herbalist and simply serving as a supplier of sorts to the resident healers of Casa that - in the case of Aldora here at least - he could to some degree be trusted to offer some form of aid at times such as this when the need arose. And thankfully in times such as this it proved to be something of a mildly worthy distraction from other things, even though it were to be an ever present entity for however long to come before fading from reality and memory.

A sense of relief passed over Kira as the blood were cleaned off Aldora's arm to reveal the less than fatel injury that the blood and dirt had covered, sure it were only ever so slightly worse than a scratch but - in his mind - better to have come seeking aid rather than tending to it by oneself was certainly the better option for it could just have easily have been so much worse. So satisfied that it were clean did he put aside the cloth he had been using before gently probbing the now clean injury with light fingers before green lifted to study the younger female. "Well your not going to lose your arm which is good, I can find you something to put on it to help make sure it heals if you want it? Entirely up to you of course." It were more out of habit than anything else to offer such a thing, but it were not a bad thing. The reassurance in which Aldora offered in regards to the scouting party received a small smile in return before daring to nod fiantly in understanding.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure they will be - it's probably just me being too worried."

The younger female's topic change certainly came as a welcome change especially when the memory of her absence came to mind, it would be interesting to hear of where she had gone and what she had been up to during her time away. The visit she had made to the court was of little surprise given the fact that both the Courtier and Cavalier pack were allies it would have been a shame for her to have not visited them. Aldora's choice of words when it came to her mentioning she had interacted with Abigail didn't get missed by Kira, of course he - as well as her no doubt - knew that 'mate' was the kinder way of putting his and the coutier ladies relationship given their current difference of packs but the fact that it had been used anyway touched him regardless. "I'm so glad . . . . . and thank you. That means alot." He spoke softly, the herbalist didn't need to offer an explanation for his offered thanks for hopefully there were no doubt it were clear the reason for it and even if it were to be brushed aside he felt the need to speak it.

"So? What else did you get up on your travels then? Aside from probably getting some gossiping done?" Kira asked in a cheery yet joking way as curiosity filled his features and head tilted to one side.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Aldora Knight

She could tell that her mentioning Abigail brought him joy, though there was some sadness there, as to be expected. She had never known love, but she could imagine that it would be the hardest thing to be apart from the one who made you feel whole. However, the ashen male still seemed content to live among the Cavalieris and had avoided the need to uproot and join his maiden in the Court.

At his suggestion of making her a salve, she nodded, Could you? I’d appreciate that very much. She did not often use tinctures, but anything to help her heal faster was welcome. She knew Kira was very talented when it came to herbs, something that she could never fathom to learn how to do, it was just too far outside her wheelhouse.

The herbalist asked what else she had gotten up to during her travels, rather than just gossiping; she could not help but laugh, It was a long trip. I got to meet a lot of interesting Luperci, both good and bad. She readjusted in her seat, a little bit more casual now, I visited all the packs, save Sapient; they turned me away at the borders; I guess Salsola did the same, but at least I got to meet a few of them. The interaction with that pack had been somewhat tragic; it had started out rocky, turned promising, and ended in disaster.

Aldora watched for a moment in silence as Kira went to prepare his salve before she continued, The one that surprised me the most was Anathema, it’s a shame they disbanded… their way of life and beliefs were dark and beautiful. Now the leader of that once great pack was a member of Casa, what strange twists life had to give.

Inferni too, was interesting. I was able to see both their old and new territory… She frowned then, We should have helped them, I think. Aldora did feel guilt; for all the talk Casa made of being the defenders of the weak, they sure dropped the ball with Inferni.

Word Count → +3 :: OOC

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Nat

POSTED: Tue May 01, 2018 3:50 pm

Regardless of how sad Kira may have felt in regards to being seperated from his lady love despte the relatively short distance between their respective packs there were times like this when he heard from others about Abigail that helped to ease the sadness just enough to make life more bearable. At least for a while, for the herbalist could not truly say just how much longer he could bear the seperation for; granted he had near always been happy with his life within the pack of knights for the durtion of time he had called this place home. At least up until now. Now he were truly torn between his duties and the life in which he had built for himself here within Casa and his heart which would always remain with Abigail, so many decisions to make and seemingly so little time to do such a thing gven how much was occuring.

The taking up of his offer to make up some form of salve for the younger girl's injury received a simple yet silent nod of confirmation as Kira went about his work all the while listening carefully to what Aldora had to share in regaards to her travels. It certainly did sound interesting for a multitude of reasons; namely because although he had mostly just heard a small amount in regards to certain packs unlike many others within Casa he had yet to actually make an effort or otherwise find time to physically visit them.

Such a shame, because like Aldora rightly stated despite whatever differences the others packs had to the cavalier pack they would be interesting all the same.
Once hands had gathered up the appropriate dried ingrediants along with water did the herbalist male begin his work, a sigh finally escaping him at her mention of Inferni - strange how Kira found himself silently agreeing with the Knight girl. Despite their differances it certainly had been a shame the cavalier pack had not gone to Inferni's aid in some way. "That's very true, but who knows. Maybe in time can find a way to rectify that." Kira spoke sadly.

"And if not; well I wouldn't be surprised if any offers of help or anythng else was refused.Anyway here is that salve, just need to use enough to cover the cut use it as often as you need." Kira instructed kindly.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Aldora Knight

Aldora watched with curious eyes as the herbalist went about his craft, taking a little bit of this plant and a little of that and mixing it all together with a mortar and pestle. The soft scraping sound of the pestle against the bowl was mesmerizing, and Aldora forgot all about her pain, as slight as it was. She had to admit, whatever he was making didn't smell very good; the aroma of sweet smelling plants mixed with bitter was not the most pleasant in the world. But she knew that whatever the finished product was would do the job, agreeable stink or not.

She was a bit surprised when the older male agreed with her when it came to Inferni; she had to admit that she believed he was going to advise her, or at worst, scold her, but instead he spoke sagely; perhaps they were more like-minded than she had first assumed. He gave her the salve in a clean cloth and she accepted with a gracious nod, Thank you. She dipped a finger into the cool concoction and spread it on her wound.

After the initial sting, it numbed the flesh, and left a wonderful tingling sensation. She smiled at Kira, I enjoyed our conversation, we’ll have to speak again at a time when you aren’t tending to my injuries. She shrugged and laughed slightly, before standing and raising her hand goodbye to him.

As she left the Courthouse, her mind wandered back to Inferni. She knew she had to return, and soon; Vicira may not like her all that much, but Aldora felt it necessary that she began bolstering their relationship. She would have to bring gifts, and a small party, next time, to show that she was serious. The young Knight hoped against hope that the stony Aquila would not turn her away, or laugh in her face; she had just barely gotten away with pleasantries in their last meeting. With a sigh, Aldora headed home.

Word Count → +3 :: Final post! Feel free to archive whenever you'd like <3

Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn
Nat

Dead Topics