you escape me like its nothing

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:56 pm

In early spring, the adult Atlantic Salmon begins traveling upstream to spawn. Salsola's easternmost border is formed by the Pictou river; fishing it during these times would bring a large yield.

"Look at that," Brocade was gesturing from Tonnerres back toward the winding Pictou River, his golden-coin eyes wide with sudden interest, "I don't think I have ever seen so many fish in one place." The rushing water poured over the writhing fish who fought for space along the narrow stretch of water. The patrol had taken them longer than usual, for Etoile had distracted him somewhere amongst the trees... and he couldn't help but smile softly at the memory of it.

"I haven't either." She kicked Colline forward, urging the large draft horse down onto the rocky shoreline before leaping nimble from her back. "I wonder what they are all doing here?"

Brocade chuckled, raising an eyebrow, "I wonder."

He dropped Tonnerres reigns and brought the two animals together, lashing them to a nearby stump so that they could inspect the fish. Brocade dipped his toes into the cool waters and sighed softly, smiling again as Etoiles arms encircled his waist.

She imagined shoving him into the river and holding him down until -

"We should try to catch one."

He escaped from her affections easily, shuffling further and further into the water and blinking curiously as fish leapt and fought at the current that washed over them. He set his feet between the stones and waited for the perfect time to strike - his eyes narrowed in concentration. Etoile crossed her arms from the shoreline, "I don't think its that easy."

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:41 pm

...back to that bar, at least, Igor finished with a huff. The fluffy wolfdog was a step behind O'Riley, who was leading his mule and seemed to be ignoring this tirade.

He wasn't, but he was thinking about more important things. Where to go next, given that he had little direction beyond his own, and how to go about this. Kamari had gotten herself all mixed up in some game of egos that he did not particularly care about, but it did force him to think about how to best adapt his own work around such a thing.

Igor said something in his native language, and one word caught O'Riley's ear. He turned his head.

What did you call me? The Apprentice challenged. He had not stopped walking, which was a good sign – or at least this was how Igor seemed to take it.

An asshole, he answered, and repeated the word twice so O'Riley could hear it. His own attempt to mimic the sound was rough, but Igor's wagging tail and amusement paired with his encouragement and he began explaining further curse words as they continued on.

When they reached the river, it was occupied.

O'Riley knew Brocade to be a capable soldier and was friendly enough with the man, but the darker woman with him was still new and worthy of his contempt. She was tall and striking, with an edge to her he did not entirely like, but this was the point of Salsola's trials.

Seeing the gray hybrid standing in the shallows brought a rolling laugh from Igor, giving away their approach. The mule, pulling the smaller of Salsola's carts, shook his head and snorted at the horses.

if the thunder don't get you
then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Informatore LET ME IN
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

POSTED: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:56 am

”You are too slow.” Etoile was rolling her eyes, creeping carefully along the stony shoreline to get a better view of what The Henchman attempted in his technique. Brocade shifted his weight amongst the slippery rocks and glared at her, ”Watch.” The fish labored, their tails splashing as they worked with everything they had to move further upstream.

Brocade launched himself forward – but was distracted by the sudden laughter that boomed through the clearing. His hands connected with nothing, and a large fish ploughed past him, mouth gaping fearfully.

The fur along his arms dripped, and he shook himself vigorously as he recognized O’Riley. Etoile was watching quietly, inspecting the little donkey which picked its way behind the pair. The larger man Brocade did not recognize, but he tipped his head in greeting regardless. Etoile was chuffing, ”See I told you – too slow.”

Brocade snarled softly, smoothing the sound away as he greeted the dark gold-cheeked man, ”Henchman.” He rolled his scarred shoulder and glanced towards the other wofish man, ”Are either of you any good at this?”

He offered a crooked smile that brightened the gold in his eyes, ”It is harder than I anticipated.”

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 am

Are you trying to grab it? O'Riley asked, holding back the laughter obvious in his pale eyes. Brocade looked quite ridiculous, but it seemed to the wolfdog that the woman accompanying him might have something to do with it. Ever since her arrival Brocade had been fawning over her and acting like an idiot.

Igor, on the other hand, oblivious to these nuances of romance, scoffed and puffed out his already puffy chest.

I can fish. You waste time, he stated, and at a sharp glance from his companion, checked the tone of his voice. Though unabashed by his boldness, Igor was well aware that Salsola's politics were matters he could not so easily ignore. Even if Brocade did look like he was struggling, his higher rank made him somewhat untouchable...at least, in the general sense.

No one was safe in Salsola, not really.

We brought some nets, O'Riley told the pair. One fish isn't going to feed anyone for very long.

then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

POSTED: Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Brocade wasn't sure what it was that was blooming between him and the woman cloaked in midnight and speckled with starlight. It was an uncertain thing tinged with guilt and the passion that came with wanting... but beyond that Brocade felt as if he was wandering in the dark. Etoile glanced at the gold-cheeked man, flicking her tail cat-like behind her, "You are not very good Brocade."

His eyes were dancing, though the slant of her brows said that to some degree she was not amused by his antics.

"It takes practice!" Brocade lunged again, but the attempt was futile as another fish slipped through his scarred fingers.

Igor was eager - and Etoile watched him with a twitch of her lips. "See, he has a plan." The fluffy male puffed out his chest as Brocade shook more water from his pelt, finally stepping from the gurgling creek towards the trio.

"Alright, lets set them up."

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Igor said something to O'Riley in Russian and laughed. The darker wolfdog smiled, but gave no indication if he understood this or not.

As he went about freeing Jonesy from the cart, Igor paraded forward with the fishing nets in his arms. His gaze lingered a moment longer than appropriate on Etoile, who was closer his equal, but he was soon tromping into the water until it reached above his knees.

Take this, he held one of his nets out. It was something made of strong fibers but obviously used before, frayed in a few places and discolored in others. Stones were knotted around the ends. Newer places where Igor had repaired this reflected his craftsmanship, though he seemed more eager to fish than show off. I show you, you throw. Very easy. Long throw, them pull, he instructed, making use of his freed arm to show a sweeping motion.

Convinced the mule would not roam far from where he was left, O'Riley joined the group. He lingered on the bank, watching as Igor cast out his net, let the weighted ends sink, and reel it back with his strong arms.

then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

Dead Topics