You're seriously out of luck

For Clover

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

Being back in Inferni felt comforting, at least compared to how the prior months had been treating her. If anything, it helped to give her some more perspective on things. Her mother had told her about times when she had been frightened to leave the clan's borders.. and a situation like this helped to show why. In her mother's case, it had been because of her fear of running into wolves, and for her darker daughter, it had been an assault from an unknown attacker.. or rather attackers. She could she two vague figures in her head... but nothing more than that.

The road to recovery from starvation had been a slow one, but it was making fair results. She had been putting weight back on her body, and was growing able to eat more and more as the time was given to pass. It had been in part to her mother's worry that the robed girl spent so much more time at home, but she found there had been no other reason to leave the clan unless it was to see her friend. She had seen him shortly after her rescue, but not since then. He tended to her in his own way.. but when she really needed to be was with her family.

Dahlia and Hope were already gone when she woke. The younger sibling was turning into quite the hunter from what her sibling had told her, wanting to help her older sister get better. Guess she really did care about the lessons that were taught to her, even if she wasn't showing it. Blue green gaze moved about the cave her small family had claimed. Her mother was gone too. Maybe she was gathering more plants or taking care of some outside. Spring had finally come, and thus the snow had retreated. It was only natural for her to take to something that brought her such joy.

A small smile moved over the Civilis' face as she leaned against the wall of the cave, closing her eyes as she relaxed. Maybe she should go out and join her mother. She had never had the interest in gardening that her sibling did, but she had always been and would continue to be her mother's protector. If it brought her mother happiness, then it brought Faith happiness as well.

Soon... for now she just wanted to rest a little.

We can backdate this a bit if you want to. Let me know if I need to fix anything. +400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 pm

“This place was supposed to be safe!”

“It was a freak accident,”
the Aquila had argued – and Vesper, sitting up on her haunches, did not disagree. Her lips had been pressed tight, and her icy blue eyes flickered with thought just like her daughter’s. She was trying to figure out who could have done this – they all were. Trauma erased memory, however, and scents faded. The motives of a lone freak could be random: but the motives of a group, of more than one with the same cruel goals?

They had gotten nowhere, talking, sending out scouts. Helpless, Clover pulled upon her rage as a defense. She bared her teeth. “This place is a wasteland,” she growled. Hot anger flashed over Vicira’s face, and Vesper gave her a level glance. “Freaks and monsters, desperate men, they were the only creatures who lived here, and we’re surprised this happened?”

She had known the words were vindictive and pointless the moment they left her lips. Vesper and Vicira seemed to know, too; there was sympathy in her mentor’s eyes, and the leader turned her shoulder. Only after a moment had she spoken.

“We are the monsters who live here now. Make yourself useful, dog, and help us fetch their heads.”

That conversation had happened weeks ago, after Faith was returned to them beaten and half-starved. In all that time, Inferni was no closer to learning the identities of her abductors – but neither did strangers haunt the borders or attack any more of their people. Faith recovered slowly, though she did not regain her memory, and Clover supposed she should feel grateful for that. She did not think she would forget this, though, even if it was less painful to pretend that it was in the past, inconsequential.

She had a terrible feeling about it all.

Clover returned to the caverns after a two-legged spar, stretching limbs banded with dark soot and sporting more than one new bruise. Energized, she resolved to do something productive today – perhaps take stock of their medical supplies, something she kept putting off. She was afraid of finding how little they had, and who knew how well the herbs they were familiar with grew here? She would have to talk to Crucifix about it; she had seen the woman digging some up earlier.

Her eyes adjusted to the darkness of the caves quickly, but it was scent that made her aware of Faith. She saw the young woman leaning against an earthy wall and frowned, rubbing at her arm awkwardly as she tried to think of what to say.

What came out probably wasn’t at all appropriate.

“Have you remembered anything new, Faith?”
Loners
Dog
Raze
oderint dum metuant
cave canem
unconditional loyalty

POSTED: Tue May 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

A lot of the events that had been played out were kept under wraps.. there was no need to alarm the rest of the clan until more information could be found out about what had happened. But then again.. something like this could not be kept away from the leader of Inferni. Vicira had to know what had happened, and it only seemed to bring frustration among those who knew about this.

It was her fault mostly... if only she could remember who had done this...

As the darker daughter closed her eyes, her ears moved down. She had hoped to be spared from the visions of her capture.. but at least they had calmed since the time of her initial rescue and recovery. The starvation had been the hardest matter to treat, and the scars remained to show what she had been through. Good thing she was able to hide these under the clothing she wore.

At least.. better her than any of her other family members.. such was the risk of being a protector..

The robed girl's eyes opened as she heard movement near the mouth of their cave, only to see the dog woman step in. Clover had been the one to meet with Coaxoch, taking her back into the clan and back to her mother. She owed her so much.. just as she did the man who rescued her.. but she had no idea how to pay either one of them back for what they had done for her.

With a small shake of her head, Faith gently pushed herself off the wall, inviting Clover in to join her, "No.. sorry.. just what I had already told you.." She paused, moving her hands over her robes, "How is the Aquila doing..? I know she hasn't been too happy about this.."

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

Dead Topics