Now I lay me down to sleep

Saga

POSTED: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Baelish
Set right after this thread +3

He remained silent as they split ways from Calia, his posture stiff and his steps robotic. Once he and Saga were far enough away from Calia, the young male relaxed. He placed a gentle paw on his sister’s shoulder, I’m sorry. was all he said. He didn’t need to explain why he was apologizing, it was all too clear he had made a fool of himself in front of the Nightstag. But he could not help by smile; he knew Saga would understand why he had nearly been drooling over his new leader.

If there was one thing that separated his sister from her two brothers it was the way they had absorbed their father’s teaching; Ankh had made it very clear that white creatures, and white canines in particular, were to be venerated. Saga had always been the skeptic, and Baelish could not blame her; the whole system of belief was somewhat ludicrous.

But he had adopted it all the same and was pretty much unapologetic about it, he just felt bad that he may have made Saga feel uncomfortable, especially after all this time from being apart from one another, he wanted their reunion to be positive.

Baelish followed his sibling deeper in the territory, letting her lead him where she would. He assumed a hot meal or at least some kind of comfort was awaiting him, but he could never tell with her. He wouldn’t be surprised if she just left him in the woods somewhere to tend for himself; it wasn't as if he didn't deserve better after all. But Baelish, ever the optimist, looked on the bright side of things. At least his travels were now over; he could curl up under a tree for the night without haven't to keep and eye out. A long, full night's deep sleep sounded wonderful.

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
By Silverfrost!
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 am

2+

Baelish's grip on her shoulder wasn't unexpected, but still she paused and turned to him with a mildly quizzical gaze.

'What for?'

She knew what for. But given that she'd expected as much from her brother, she saw no point in his apology. 'For doing what you usually do?' It wasn't said in an acidic way, there was no unfriendliness in her words, it was merely a statement. He'd adopted and clung onto his father's teachings in a way Saga would never, and could never do. In the lull of silence that separated her words and Baelish's, she rolled her shoulders. What can you do about it? And turned away from the golden tailored male, leading him deeper into the heart of the Valelands.

'She's too old for you anyway...' the dappled woman addressed the elephant in the room with little tact.

Steadily the duo made their way from the south-western border, across the St. John's River, and from there, into the village. 'This is Winterwynd,' Saga declared, 'You're free to choose any property that isn't already claimed. Or a death trap, obviously'. The woman waited expectantly, chartreuse eyes lingering on the tall frame of her middle sibling. 'You can stay with me for the night if you want'.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:42 am

Baelish
OOC +0

While her words may have been a jab in any other relationship, it was said out of love between the two siblings. He had his ways, and she had accepted them, as embarrassing as they could be at times. And he loved her, despite her sometimes frosty exterior; it was good to finally be with her again.

At the mention of Calia being beyond him, he scoffed, Age is but a number, sister. It won’t be long before even she cannot deny me. He grinned; at this point, his youth was only a small hindrance; now that he had use of hands and legs, there was really no stopping him in whatever he put his mind to. Once he had maturity on his side, well, there would be no task, nor woman, who he would not be able to bend to his will.

The trek through the territory was lovely, they really had chosen a good spot to settle, these Mistwalkers. It seemed lush and abundant with life, he would have to take a day or two to explore it and become familiar with its nooks and crannies. But for now, he had more pressing physical matters. The young male let out a yawn, and his stomach audibly growled, as the duo slowed and Saga explained that he was free to choose a home for himself. He nodded, Sure, sure. The last thing on his mind now was working on making a home, so when she suggested he could stay with her for the night he grinned, Your hospitality astounds; so where is your house? He looked around, there were only a few buildings that he could see, and none of them looked worth living in.

By Silverfrost!
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 11:47 am

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

As distant as they'd been as children, Saga found a certain kinship with Baelish she found lacking in Malfoy. Whether it was because the dourness of youth had faded away from the woman's personality, or because the laid back middle child's mirth and vigor found much better footing in the Vale than it did at the Outpost, Saga was unsure. And neither did she particularly care. Again the masked man attempted to shrug off Saga's observation, and again lime orbs turned upwards in disbelief. 'There's a lot of whites here you know... Besides Calia', suddenly, the woman grinned, 'Remind me to introduce you to Posey, if age is just a number'.

Mismatched ears caught the sound of a stomach rumbling, and a yawn emanating from her brother's ever open maw, and she turned towards him momentarily, her cool eyes catching his fiery ones before she turned back and picked up her pace slightly. The elder of the two thanked her, and without turning Saga quipped playfully, 'Mhh, wouldn't want your clothes getting dirty would we?' Baelish's taste in fashion was certainly more sophisticated than their father's, who lent heavily on his desert heritage, and which she could appreciate the tunic and it's waspish clasp, she couldn't see much point in such attire admittedly. 'It's just up here. I moved recently, so it's not clean. But there's a den out front too I used to use'.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Baelish
OOC +3

The thoughts of other white females (or even males) excited him; they seemed to be fewer and far between nowadays with all the breeding outside one’s species, not that he minded. Still, the visage of a pure white canine was a treat to behold, and, though he’d never admit it, a pure black one was also quite pleasant (his father would have killed him for that). At Saga’s mention about someone named Posey, Baelish raised an eyebrow, Don’t put it past me, sister. He assumed whoever the woman she was referring to was, she was probably many years his senior.

Saga’s quip at his clothing came at a surprise, and he peaked his hands against his chest, Really? You think me some kind of powder puff? You know I can rough it with the best of them, I just figured I’d put on a good show for the leader. It was a lie, in this case, but in any other it would have been true… for the most part. While Baelish enjoyed the trivial fineries of life, it was little in comparison to other things, Just you wait, He said, pointing a cream finger at her, I’ll get you a beautiful dress, one you will never want to take off; we can talk then about getting clothes dirty.

He followed her deeper into the Vale, closer to her home; she mentioned a den outside; he figured that’s where she’d stick him for the night. It was no matter, he’d slept in holes in the ground before, it brought him back to his roots. The main thing on his mind now was food; he hoped Saga had something to share with him. A big, fat leg of venison or beef was just what he craved right now. Something like that was easy to come by in Portland, and easier still traded for (or stolen) if one was to lazy to hunt for oneself. He hoped, now that he was part of a pack, that he would never have to hunt for himself in any real capacity again.

By Silverfrost!
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed May 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Word Count → 5+ :: ooc

It didn't surprise her that Baelish was the most developed in terms of his sexuality out of the three siblings. She'd never asked about Malfoy's persuasion, but the middle brother left little to the imagination. His flamboyancy and shameless flirting just as well spelled it out for the mottled girl. As for herself, outside of the innocent (almost) fumblings (and that one time in the forest) with Brom, she was inexperienced and uninterested in carnal desires.

'Oh,' she hummed, jade eyes alive with certainty, 'I wouldn't'. And she knew now she'd goaded him into it he'd be more than happy to prove to her that he would do just that, and Saga was just as sure that Posey would fend him off tactfully, and most flattered no doubt. His surprise was a surprise to her and with a roll of her eyes, her reply followed, 'No. "Doch..."...' Saga didn't need to say anything else, the shrug she brushed him off with and the sly grin she gave him should have spelled it out for him. If he had any intentions of getting dirty at the drop of a hat, he wouldn't wear such finery, and he'd yet to show her anything to the contrary. Then the silver-tongued D'Angelo threatened her, with a frock. Scoffing, the younger sibling shook her head, 'You can try'.

Before long they'd reached the intersection where Saga's small house sat set away from the crumbling road. Long legs strode across the overgrown lawn until the duo reached the lopsided porch. 'Home' Saga hummed, to no one in particular. A mismatched hand twisted the rusted doorknob and opened the boarded up door. The inside was mostly gutted, but still held remnants of what had once graced it's four quaint rooms, mostly dust, and rubble that had been swept carelessly into one corner. Inside the main room was a pile of furs and fabrics, resting on one another to create a low cushioned area. Next to it stood a set of nesting tables, with the scraps of paper and charcoal that Saga had been practicing her penmanship with. 'You can sleep there', the mottled girl offered, before crossing the room and nudging open the door to the largest of the rooms that lay off of the living room. 'This is my room,' Saga introduced, stepping back to allow Baelish to see. It was almost a carbon copy of the main room, furs and fabrics piled together to create a comfortable area. The only real difference was that the main room had also had a large desk and a set of rickety chairs. Closing the door, Saga nudged the next door open to reveal what had once been a bathroom, 'Storage' she addressed her brother curtly, before closing the door on the snug room stacked high with storage, odds and ends that Saga had acquired.

Opening the final door, Saga revealed an almost bare space. It was sizeable, with a door that led to an area behind the bungalow, and from the scattering of cutlery, broken dishware and skillets and pans, that were strew around on the various countertops. 'I haven't really bothered with the kitchen', Saga admitted, 'It's hard to eat with hands'.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Fri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Baelish
OOC +4

She didn’t react that much to his teasing, she never had. Very cool around the collar, Saga had always been able to see through his trickery… for the most part. He had a feeling that now that they were just a bit older, if he really tried, even she could be fooled by him. But he had no reason to do that to her now, and hoped that he would never need to, so he just let it slide with his signature grin.

They walked a bit more, and Baelish slipped an arm around Saga’s waist, pulling her close; he was so tired, and very much enjoyed her presence. Their father had never been the most loving with them, and so they had to supply emotional support to each other when needed. He wondered if she really did think him soft; well, he supposed that wasn’t such a bad thing. If he had the opportunity to be weak, that just meant he had an easy life, and who could complain about that?

Soon, a small structure appeared, and they headed straight for it. It was run down but sturdy enough, and with a creak the door was opened, revealing the interior. Dark and warm, it was just like Saga, and she took a moment to show him around, offering him the furs in the main room as his own for the night, he did not hesitate to collapse onto it.

As his sister opened various other doors, giving him glimpses of her sanctuary, Baelish stripped down to nothing, and made sure to fold his clothes neatly in a pile next to the furs. It was then he noticed her scribbles, and he gingerly picked up the paper, You’ve been writing? He peered at the squiggles and lines and grinned, Very nice, you’ll have to teach me, once you’ve gotten comfortable with it.

He had not even begun to try and write, and he could read only a little. It was something he knew he would have to learn to have any chance in the trading world; a lot nowadays was done with writing, even among the most seemingly uneducated canines.

He relaxed down into the furs that smelt so much like Saga it brought him back to their birthing den, when everything was warm and comfortable, if only for a little bit before their faceless mother gave them to their father. He sighed, and then, his stomach growled again.

By Silverfrost!
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Tue May 15, 2018 4:55 pm

2+

Baelish could try, and Saga would continue to undermine him in every way she could. Though he never attempted to get anything from her, there was pride at stake between the siblings. For the sister, being unconquerable, like a fort, was her highest point of dignity. And for her trickster brother, being able to overcome and fool his baby sister would be have been the ultimate prize. However, this dance of wits would likely remain a stalemate for years to come. Baelish pulled his sister closer towards him and she allowed him to embrace her with a familiar, satisfying warmth.

In the house, poisonous eyes watched the masked male snoop about curiously, though he quickly sated this wonder and collapsed into the pile of furs that covered a large portion of the main room. 'I'll get some furniture soon,' she promised, slowly lowering herself to the ground with an air of effortless grace. It didn't take long for him to begin rooting through the papers she kept nearby. Many of them were just her name, and the pack names and various other words she knew were important. Most she could recall from memory easily, some she struggled with, abrupt lines crossed out misspellings and corrects were jotted down nearby. The older sibling made a teaching request and the younger accepted with a nod, 'I can write most of the important things. I've written letters too'. There was the slightest hint of pride in her voice, only audible to the most discerning ear. 'They're not very tidy though' Saga admitted, without the slightest hint of embarrassment.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Sat May 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Baelish
OOC +0

He could tell she was proud, and she should be, it was still rare to have a learned Luperci, even in the more populated cities. He was proud of her too, and felt lucky, that he may be counted among those who could read and write, via her.

She mentioned the furniture and he grinned, I’ll find you some things. He said, more than happy to help deck out his sister’s home until she begged him to stop. Baelish was not one for skimping on the finer things, and have a love for knick-knacks, a hobby that he was sure Saga did not share in.

Patting his stomach and giving a yawn, Baelish’s eyes closed for a moment; he was so tired, so much so that now the hunger pangs gave way for the need to sleep. His voice now somewhat slurred, Got anything to eat? He yawned again. Even if she just gave him a bone to chew on he’d be grateful at this point. Of course there was always the dried fish in his pack, if her cupboards were bare. He was sick of fish though; at least dried. A fresh, wriggling fish, now, that would be a treat.

By Silverfrost!
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Sat May 19, 2018 4:18 pm

2+

She'd settled herself into the furs, leaning back against the plushest and highest of them, letting her head loll towards Baelish's shoulder. Closing her eyes, she was instantly transported back in time. Back to the birthing den they entered the world into. The warm scent of her brothers was the only thing she could clearly recall. 'Cool...' the mottled woman hummed, staring up at the cracked ceiling above her. She'd never had furniture before, honestly, she wasn't sure she'd like it. Still, it was the done thing, wasn't it? If she was to have visitors, where would they sit without chairs and couches adorning the tiny one storey?

A grumble broke the silence, and poisonous green eyes rolled. Typical. Something like hunger would ruin this tender moment between siblings reunited. Without a seconds thought, Baelish made his request for food. 'What am I? Your mother?' the mottled girl scolded, though she made no effort to rise and do his bidding. 'There's hare in the shack out front, they're not skinned yet though' Saga instructed, eyes still focused on the dirty cream ceiling. If he wanted food, he'd better go and find it himself, for Saga had settled herself down. It was practically time for her to retire.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

Dead Topics