[M] i thought i saw the devil, this morning

POSTED: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:33 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

It was a scenario he had not prepared for - Salsola had been so peaceful since the war and Brocade felt that perhaps in the whirlwind of Etoile he had allowed his guard to falter. He patrolled with the same purpose, but it was with distraction for his mind was often consumed with thoughts of women. Elphaba clouded his dreams - her pale face smiling prettily as she promised to take care of him, to watch over him when he was unwell... something that she had already done for him many times. Etoile was biting, her claws raking his shoulders as she pushed him down, teeth snapping at his throat. Everything between them as an inferno - and it unsettled the man at how deeply her passions coursed through him.

It was something that he was not used to, and now that his wound spattered the earth crimson he wondered if it would have changed anything had he been prepared.

He had been caught up in their moment. Caught up in the feeling of her hips beneath his hands, the long pieces of her hair that had been caught somewhere between firelight and the silver moon above. The Soldier winced, his good arm wrapped around the womans waist - his hand looped into the belt of her trousers. She clutched her side as she limped along, supporting the brutes weight as well as her own. It was amazing that they had made it so far without the horse - and Brocade was cursing again, for Tonnerre was still out there, somewhere.

There had been no time to search for him, and he had whistled to no avail.

Bloody handprints adorned both injured wolves, and Brocades shoulder had soaked through the tunic he had bound himself with. He rumbled lowly, painfully - pulling Etoile over a broken log that blocked their path. He could hear the Pictou and began to pick out the tell tale signs of the Thistle Kingdom that welcome him back home.

Etoile was cursing, snapping her teeth and snarling vehemently against the night sky.

<"Who was that girl?"> Rage flared within her, and she realized that she was shouting - blaming Brocade for yet another incident. Her fingers were sticky with dried blood and she rubbed them on her trousers to no avail, <"She knew where you come from. Who Salsola is.">

Brocade was sighing deeply, tugging her further - the border falling away behind them as they fell into the trees that marked the Blackwood.

<"I know Etoile, I was there."> He snarled, glaring down at her. He deposited her carefully against a log where she panted, checking her wounds with careful hands. Brocade rolled his shoulder and rumbled through a blood flecked muzzle, <"Once we are looked at we will go back.">

He calmly tipped his head and called for a healer.

Set after this thread! Brocades shoulder is messed up and Etoile has wounds on her side. :)

Salsola
The Henchman
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite Salsola's Top Poster!
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Mon May 07, 2018 12:26 pm

(300) Hello! I hope it's ok that Lithia joined :) // she knows some basic medical stuff like wrapping / cleaning wounds... but nothing too advanced.

She had gone out for a midnight hunt. The cool nighttime spring air combing through her braided hair was one thing, but the thrill of the hunt and the thundering of Gezi’s hooves in the darkness were another. Lithia liked being unseen, but she also liked feeling unseen. Blood stained Gezi’s back legs as he carried a magnificent meal in tow. Draped over the back of the horse was an adolescent buck she had taken down with an arrow from her bow. The creature had a few holes in his hide, which hinted how it took more than just one arrow to end his life. It was a catch nonetheless. Perhaps her mother wouldn’t be too happy about the lack of perfectness, but Lithia was quite content with the meal.

She had been walking Gezi over the border when she heard the call - not too far away from where she was. Instinctively - determined to give Salsola the idea that she was a helpful, involved pack member - she made a beeline straight for them. There was the scent of blood on the air, but not just any - the blood of her comrades. Not a good sign.

She found them in the woods, one clutching her side and leaning against a stump, the other with a blood-flecked face and a bloody shoulder. Lithia let go of Gezi’s reins to help her packmates, and the horse obediently remained. ”Etoile, Brocade. What happened here? Were you attacked?” She barely skipped a beat as she went for Etoile first. Her injuries were worse and more inhibiting than Brocade’s.

”I was on my way in from a nightly hunt when I heard your call. I’m no Healer, but I have a horse. I can take you to one faster... if you can climb up onto him?”

Salsola
The Family
(Online)
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon May 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Until the rider found them they said nothing to one another - each soldier caught up in their own pain and suffering. Etoile was breathing heavily, her tongue lolling from one side of her jaws as she flexed her hands - sticky and black with drying blood. Brocade stood slightly taller, though where his scars were criss-crossed with new marks his skin twitched and bounced erratically around his wounds.

Etoile was cursing quietly beneath her breath, using the log to support her weight as she swayed on her feet.

He wasn't certain who would emerge at his call, but he wondered at the packs healers - Neith, Ondine - and was surprised when Lithia appeared before her horse. He had noticed her at their Last Suppers for her striking eyes and bi-colored coat, but he had never taken the time to introduce himself formally outside of the monthly event. Her expression turned into a frown almost immediately as she took in their wounds, though she went to Etoile first - something that the soldier appreciated.

"We were attacked by a woman with an axe."

It took everything for the injured woman not to snap at her, to expose her teeth and bristle the long fur along her shoulders.

Brocade panted, "T-Thank you Lithia. He used her name despite her standing as a member of The Family and twitched his tail.

Etoile was grunting, "I don't know if I can climb up there-" She was gesturing with her shoulders, her blood flecked muzzle wrinkling as she took a painful step forward. Brocade flinched, "I can't lift you, not with this." His shoulder twinged and he glanced at Lithia, "We have to call for someone."

Thank you for being so patient! :)

Salsola
The Henchman
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite Salsola's Top Poster!
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Mon May 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Maybe all of these things made me who I am

She felt so far away when she heard the call for help, but she still scrambled to pack whatever she could reach quickly into the satchel that her mother held open for her. It was not the most complete set of healer's tools, but it was more than anyone roughing it out beyond the borders would have on them.

The voice, she had recognized it as Brocade. She had seen his body and the scars that had come with his line of work. Naturally, she had thought that he was in danger and hurt, for why else would he have called for a healer so late in the night. Ondine could still feel the warm effects of the heated wine she and her mother had been sharing as the children had gone off to sleep for the night.

The bag bounced against her back as she ran, decidedly panting for she was incredibly out of shape and her frame was filling out from a relatively sedentary lifestyle. I need to hunt more, she thought dismally, feeling her breath rag on far worse than it had in her very youthful days.

It took some time but she finally came upon them, her breath coming very harshly as she struggled to catch it. She would have been better on four, no doubt, but top-heavy as she was, the two-legged run was tiring. It gave her a moment to look at the gathered. All known, except for Etoile. She had seen the woman at a Last Supper, but knew nothing about her other than her existence.

"Brocade! What have you done to yourselves?" yelled the Seer, whipping right to him the moment she got enough air into her lungs to shout it right back at him. Her eyes roamed to the cuts on the woman. "What's happened?" she barked out, waving her hand for the woman to present her wound more clearly.

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Seer
Gen
Luperci Curandera Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Fri May 18, 2018 8:22 pm

(300+) lmfao Ondine: damn I'm getting fat.

Their names rolled right off her tongue as if they had spent long nights together with drink in hand, joke in heart. However, in reality, Lithia isolated herself when it came time for such things. She preferred solitude, sharpening her weapons or reading a book. The parties Salsola held were draining sometimes, especially when they came in frequent succession.

The woman’s tone was not very friendly when she answered Lithia, but the Napier woman tried to help her anyway, going for the least injured side to support her. If she fell to the ground, it’d be even harder to get her up. They were attacked by a woman with an axe. No wonder their wounds were so bad. Red liquid pooled from the two of them, black gunk clung to the edges of their wounds. It was a gory mess, indeed.

”You’re welcome,” she responded quickly, meeting his eyes for just a moment.

The woman hobbled forward, Lithia following to support her. It would seem her grandiose idea of getting them on the horse to take them to someone who could help had not been such a great idea after all. Neither of them could climb up onto Gezi and Lithia wasn’t strong enough to lift the woman without potentially hurting her more.

Though, ragged breathing in the vicinity made Lithia perk and pink eyes found those of equally bright blue hues. Ondine had come running. She had come to the rescue when all options seemingly exerted themselves.

”They were attacked by a woman with an axe,” Lithia echoed Etoile’s words so the woman wouldn’t have to again… though maybe she’d cough out a few more details for Ondine, a face she might’ve known a little more than her own.

A woman with an axe… Lithia wondered why and what they were attacked for, but understandingly, she was in no position to ask.

Salsola
The Family
(Online)
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Salsola