Veri Secanti
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
  • Word Count: [416]
  • Date: 1st May
  • Time: Noon
  • Form: Optime
OOC goes here and other shizz

Veri had never felt more conflicted in her enter life.

That might be an understatement, in hindsight, but in that moment of time it could not be more true.

Stained across the cream fur of her hands were streaked of pink blood. Red, in some areas, where the life's blood had thickened and dried. Blue orbs stared at her fingers, one vivid blue and one pale, blind.

The source hadn't been from her own flesh, but that of a friend. Just an hour ago, maybe less, the healer had been bullied into a spar by Jace. A desperate attempt for the older mother to prove that she could still carry herself in a fight.

Jace had thrown herself into the fight, heart, soul, and body....but the body just couldn't keep up anymore. During the spar, Jace had made a lunge toward Veri, missed, and rolled a couple times.

The healer had anxiously waited for the arctic warrior to rise, all too aware of the injuries the fellow Valiant now sported. Standing had taken more difficulty to do, and when Jace had finally stood on all four paws again, the sand beneath her had been wet with blood.

Veri had immediately ordered Jace to stop, fury and concern paramount in her mind. The healer had told her friend to stay put and she'd run back to the Office where she'd left her medicine bag, shifted into Optime so she could grab her pack, and all but run back to Jace to rewrap the wound.

Both females had been stonily silent during the doctoring. Once Veri had finished, they'd had a....discussion. It hadn't gone well.

They'd parted, and now she stood in the Medic Office once again, just now noticing that Jace's blood had smeared across her hands. She clenched them into fists and closed her eyes, sighing deeply. Dropping them to her sides, the healer made her way resolutely out of the Courthouse and circled behind the large building toward her target; Luca's house.

Even if he wasn't home, she could...leave a note, or something. This topic...she couldn't leave it alone. Even so, when she'd reached the porch and stood before the front door, she hesitated. But no matter how her friend might see this as a betrayal, Veri knew it was for the best.

The Medicine's Master knocked thrice on the door and then stood back to wait.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Pixabay

Veri Secanti
Casa di Cavalieri
Valiant
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Mon May 28, 2018 10:39 pm

With spring in full motion and the hot months coming just around the corner, Luca had already begun to get the horses use to an earlier start. There was little shade in the Fort itself for the creatures, but thankfully they were more prepared than years past. Their newest pasture would have some coverage thanks to the surrounding trees growing in such close proximity, and perhaps Luca would see if Temo could rally a few hands to put up some Luperci made shelters. So for now, it was up and at em before sunrise for the Lune, leaving his own body exhausted by midday.

After a full morning of moving horses into the two pastures and taking out a few individuals for exercise around the territory, it was time for him to relax and enjoy a cat nap. Heading back to his faded yellow home he was released to see that all of his children were out, leaving him to himself. It was a rare moment for the father. With a deep breath he headed to the couch, tossing his shirt over the top as he dropped into the comfort of the old cushions. It wasn’t often the Lune had the chance to have the house to himself, and in his tired state he quickly drifted off.

A sound of knocking began to bring the Lune back into consciousness, and for a moment he believed he could still be dreaming, but the third and final knock opened his eyes. His brow frowned in disappointment, couldn’t he just have one moment of quiet? Dragging his tongue against the roof of his mouth he sat up and cleared his throat. “One second!” Cream hands pushed his long hair back out of his face. In a half asleep manner he stumbled to the door and opened it. Sunlight blinded him temporarily, causing his eyes to shut and his face to convulse in discomfort. Before his eyes could recover the scent alerted him to which of his charges was knocking on his door. “Veri. You know it’s not wise to wake a man from his sleep.” He grumbled.

OOC: 300+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Ambassador (SP), Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Tue May 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Veri Secanti
  • Word Count: [386]
OOC Let me know if I gotta change something.

In the past, Veri had tried to avoid approaching Luca within his home unless the matter held some great importance, for the exact reason that greeted her upon the door being opened.

The medic smiled and dipped her head apologetically. "My apologies, my Lune, for disturbing you. You know I would not do such a thing without cause." she allowed the male a moment to collect himself further before her ears splayed backward awkwardly.

"I can come back if you wish, but I came by to discuss the..." oh, what term to use in this case? Luca had known Jace for years, so coming out and saying the grizzled mother could no more complete her duties might come as an unpleasant shock, and he might initially deny it. He still might, no matter how she worded her concern.

"I came to discuss the physical fitness and wellbeing of an...older member." that should suffice to get his attention. Which it did, if his shifted position to allow her inside were an indication.

She dipped her muzzle graciously as she passed, glancing about the house briefly before she opted to lean against the dining table rather than sit. Her brows furrowed slightly as she contemplated how to start. Finally she just sighed and lifted her pink stained hands for Luca to inspect.

"It's Jace. She's fine, now. Her scars got torn open because she pushed herself too much and I had to mend them. She's not particularly happy with me at the moment. I told her off." a slight smile pulled the corners of her lips up, but only for a moment before they fell again.

The medic crossed her arms loosely, letting her head sag forward. "She's been itching for a Lupus spar since she got back from Anathema. I put it off by insisting she let her leg heal first." Veri's ear flicked irritatedly as she looked up in Luca's direction, her jaw set.

"She cornered me today and...well. I don't want to say 'bullied', but that's basically what it felt like. I should have just said no and sent her away. But I feel like even if I had, she would have gotten someone else roped into her scheme." her lips turned downward in consternation.

Veri Secanti
Casa di Cavalieri
Valiant
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 pm

The Lune knew he could get away with joking with the Medic. Although she could be a very strict woman, particularly with those who needed a firmer hand, they had known each other for much of his life, from a time long before he became burdened with his grandfather’s titles. He tried not to think about those times however, as he missed Jazper greatly and truly did not believe he could ever live up to the Knight name. It was good to know he had comrades at arms who knew a time before he would e compared to the ebony giant.

She apologized, though it fell on ears that could have cared less. As far as he was concerned there would be very few actual reasons why the Valiant would need to apologize to him. The matter she brought up next, however, caught his attention. His face scrunched up. Shit. Truthfully he knew who the words were about the moment they were spoken. Jace had not been as able physically since coming back from Anathema, but she wouldn’t be the first member to be old and a little less able then the younger wolves, so why was Veri disturbing the peace about it? “Come on in.” He instructed, moving aside to allow her in.

He followed behind her slowly, his mind still racking for an answer. Fortunately, he didn’t have to wait long to hear what Veri wanted to say. Joining her in the kitchen he listened carefully, his face growing in concern as she spoke about mending Jace’s torn scars His frown only deepened when she accused the other Brotherhood member of bullying her into a fight, thus causing the injury. With brows frowned he took a moment or two to think. Fenris he wasn’t good at this sort of sensitive matters. He knew Jace was stubborn as hell but she wasn’t stupid.

“Thank you….for tending to her.” He meant in more than one way but didn’t clarify. He cared deeply for his aunt Jace but he wondered if her stubborn streak had now taken her above and beyond self care. “Did she say anything about why she wanted to spar so badly?” He wasn’t sure if he could get anymore information but he hoped to Fenris there would be something he could use to decide how to handle the situation.

OOC: 300+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Ambassador (SP), Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Veri Secanti
  • Word Count: [386]
OOC Here

The severity of her reason to visit must have come across in the tone she used to explain herself. He'd initially opened up the door all sleepy, just prodded up from a nap, with a joke being the first thing from his muzzle. It quickly morphed into seriousness as he bid her to come inside.

She'd taken her place already in the kitchen, leaned against the table there as she explained herself. Once her piece had been said she remained silent to allow the Lune a moment to think. First he deemed it necessary to thank her. Her lips quirked slightly in a smile.

"Well, she certainly doesn't make it easy. But it is my job." especially now as Medicine's Master, keeping tabs on the wellbeing of each Casa member had become not just a normal everyday task, but a necessary priority. That didn't mean it was any easier now. In some cases, like Jace's, it'd become even harder. Because now her opinion had a lot of sway, and if a member wasn't physically sound then she had to make the call whether to keep treating them on her own or bring Luca into the matter.

She'd chosen the latter in this case, obviously. It hadn't been easy, putting aside the knowledge that Jace would be livid when she found out Veri had essentially snitched on her, probably putting an almost permanent dent in their friendship. But Veri had to think of the pack as a whole. She always had, but it'd never been a problem before she'd joined the Brotherhood.

Her gaze shifted upward slightly, canted to the right so she could see him better from her left eye. "She did, actually. She kept going on about learning to cope with her disability, how to work around it. I don't think she's used to...not being one hundred percent capable of defending herself or others. Of not being useful.

I think it frustrates her the more she realizes she can't anymore, but the more she realizes the harder she tries to prove herself wrong. You'd never get her to admit it, either, but I think it scares her a bit, too. All her life she'd been this...force of nature. She's endured so much. The thought that she can't overcome this might seem ludicrous to her."

The Medicine's Master dropped her ears, not relishing any of this in the slightest.

Veri Secanti
Casa di Cavalieri
Valiant
Amoris

Casa di Cavalieri