[M] The Way we Used to Be

Lukos

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 1:15 am

WARNING: This thread contains: tables with images and graphics of an explicitly violent, gory, or racy nature. Sensitive readers are advised to disable images or to read in a text-only format.

[000] ooc text here

Life went by in a sort of mundane pattern lately, it was different from how things ran in Anathema. She had been a keeper of peace, a leader, now she was a simple role model; a warrior, mother, sister, friend, and mate. Where once days had been spent patrolling borders and driving away loners, now she herself was a loner and the scuffles were less frequent now that the camp they resided in was no longer cemented in the name Anathema to the rest of the world. The female couldn't help but wonder, how many years would it be before the name Anathema was uttered for the last time, before her home was erased from the memory of the world?

The pups were all growing like weeds, her own pups coming up alongside Wrath's and Greed's, the broods basically all like brothers and sisters to each other now, and the warriors were doing well to teach them and everyone how to protect themselves while keeping up their peak physical conditions as well. With just the few of them, it wasn't a pack, but it was family, and it was something worth protecting to Nyx.

She worked hard, day to day she might be splashed with blood or covered in dirt, it was a difficult life, but still the weight of the world had come off her shoulders, because the world was now much smaller to her than it had been. She didn't feel comfortable straying too far from her family now, lest they need her. Their numbers were so limited, but once in a while the female would stray off a short distance to try and pamper herself if only a bit. Sitting on the bank of a still icy river, the warrior let her feet sit in the current, feeling the water flowing around her fur and allowing herself a moment to simply sit and relax, her ears half way between front and back, her tail resting limply behind her, as she took a deep breath and simply listened to the gossip of the birds returning for spring.

Image (c) davebloggs007 | Texture: InterRose | Table by Sammiie

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 2:23 am

In a way, how they were all living reminded him of a time far removed, when he was once whole. A time were he sat in reclusion, climbing trees for fun, spending days cooped up with books, content to merely exist in peace, avoiding others and only hearing his own voice reply as he talked to himself. The times when instead of a sword he picked up a book, or even a bow if the situation demanded it. He doubted he could even fire a straight shot now, with a chuckle.

There was parts of that life he missed, the ability to live more freely and alone, but it is exactly the inverse that made him happy with his life now as well. He had friends, children, a mate. Even though he had put down the mantle of a sub-leader from the short time he wore it, he felt confident to say that people still respected his judgement. Before, when he was a simple historian, no one knew his name as he studied their laws and culture. Never in his wildest dreams could he have imagined that he would go on to shape those things.

And now, he was just a father, trying to live as normally as possible with his family. As small as it had become, he loved their community dearly, a culmination of the past he himself had begun to forget. For that reason particularly, he made sure to go back and grab the tome of Anathema's history, its loose papers and frayed edges preserved to tell the future generations the origin of their lives. Assuming they all lived that long, he noted a bit sadly. They didn't have the respect of a pack anymore, and while Casa might have pitied them enough to ride to their aid if trouble arose, he doubted they could fend off a full frontal assault if a pack or similar sized group took advantage of their status for revenge, or some other insignificant reasoning.

Flipping through the aged pages, he noted that he had grabbed the writing supplies Nyx had stashed in her den when he grabbed their records. Their were a couple crude documents and such, a pad of paper and writing utensil stuffed amongst the pages. He saw them as they were evacuating and assumed they might've been important but had forgotten all about it till now. Hold on... What's this? Flipping the pad open to the first page, the wolf expected to find words and scrawled sentences, but instead the passionate eyes of a woman he didn't fully recognize gazing at him.

Blinking a bit in surprise, he flipped another page, and another and another and realized that he had accidentally discovered a sketchbook. He remembered that Nyx used to draw little pictures in the dirt of her first den, but he had no idea... Along with the woman he didn't really recognize, there was art of Amorette, woodland critters, and Kentaro, from before he had gone mad with power and betrayed them all, with a bit of an awkward pang he studied that last one. But, in a large amount, there seemed to be drawings of.. him. From when he was young, his scars few, and his smile not aged with experience but still wild and reckless. He felt, warm, looking at the pictures, tracing the areas of his body that were now scarred in contrast to the art, rubbing the ruined ear that once only had a hole.

Taking his time, gently flipping through the lost memories, he lingered on one in particular. It was a sketch of himself, smiling softly to himself as he sat against a tree, legs outstretched as he held a book just in front of his face, back resting on the roots and trunk in the shade. This one was his favorite. Suddenly feeling an urge, the male stood up, tucking the pad of paper under his arm as he held a writing stick, scenting the air for the white warrior.

He traced her to the river, where she sat looking over the cool waters, legs soaking as she breathed. Smiling sweetly, he snuck up towards Nyx, his tail swishing around to cover her eyes as he got up next to her, rumbling softly. "Guess what I found~" he teased, wanting the sketch pad to be a surprise.

Avi by the amazing Corie!
Current Mood Song: Dummy! Remix - Emdasche
The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 pm

(000) Ooc text here.

The cold water flowing over her legs, chilling her muscles, was a welcome change from the constant training and abuse that the female's tiny body suffered through day in and day out. She was naturally small, not built for fighting, and so she had to try harder than most to keep her strength up, and even so she wasn't as health conscious as perhaps she should have been.

The female closed her eyes and let herself drift then, letting her mind come off of the things that had been bothering her, letting go of undue stress, it was strange to the warrior however. She was wound up so tightly that relaxing seemed almost scary to her, and so with the slight sound that accompanied the approaching wolf behind her, the snowy female snapped back into reality and whipped around, only to receive a mass of coarse fluff to the face and a familiar voice. If it weren't for him speaking, she may have mistaken the tail in her eyes for an attack and broken his arm without thinking twice, but luckily, that did not happen.

She was curious however, was there something he could have gotten that would surprise her? Some new weapon or a piece of armor? She certainly didn't smell anything like food but perhaps there was a slight scent of leather? Porcelain hands went up to the tail covering her eyes as she tried to peak up at Lukos' face sneakily. "I-I dont know, what is it Lu?" She asked with a slight giggle and a smile.

Stock by Trond Kristiansen
Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Thu May 03, 2018 12:45 am

LUKOS
Even those who never frown eventually break down
  • Word Count: (000)
  • Date: Spring
  • Place:Sticks and Stones
  • Form: Optime
OOC

Lukos was so excited to share this discovery he had made with Nyx, to give back something that might help her along. For as long as he had known her, the little warrior trained to monstrous amounts, hardly ever letting herself time to relax and enjoy life. Or at least he thought, but here it turns out he had discovered one of her hobbies. He wondered why she never told him about it. Sneaking up to the quiet fighter, she began to whirl around as he got close, but he didn't want her to see just yet so the best he could think of was to obscure her vision.

Fortunately, his forgetting that he was sneaking towards a seasoned veteran didn't have any negative repercussions, as the small hybrid's body tensed but went back to being slack as he spoke to her. Watching as she flicked her ears and wiggled her nose to try and guess what it was, the male gave a tsk tsk tsk when she tried to move his tail to see. "Ah ah ah, no looking~" he chided, not wanting to give away the fun just yet. "Hold out your hands." he requested, bending at the hip to gently place the sketchpad and writing stick in Nyx's hands when she stretched them out to him.

"You can see now." he said, flicking away his thick tail to reveal what he rediscovered. Yellow orbs beaming down, he crouched next to his mate. "I had found it with some of the things I brought from our home. When I grabbed it at first I thought it was just some writing but then I opened it... I hope you didn't mind me going through without asking." he told her, excited to see her reaction but slightly fearful once he realized he just admitted to looking through her sketches without asking first. "I remember that you used to draw in the dirt of your den a long time ago, but I had never realized that you'd done something like this! It's..." he exclaimed, bubbling with pride before subsiding to a warm glow as he looked at amethyst eyes. "Beautiful."

Template: Aso | Image: Cheryl

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 26, 2018 9:34 pm

(000) Ooc text here.

The snowy female sat frozen as the grey wolf chided her for trying to peak, telling her that he wanted it to be a surprise and instructing the fighter to hold out her scarred hands. Reluctantly, the snowy warrior pouted and held both of her hands out, scarred palms up. It had been quite a bit of time since the once childish female had done something so, well, childish as this. "You c-can't just tell me?" She whined for a moment before being told that she could see them now, something leathery and smooth landing in one hand and something cylindrical in the other.

The recognition was almost instant, even before her face was made visible again, the expression on it showed a somewhat pained sense of nostalgia. "This is... B-but you...?" She had trouble finding the right words to say, her tail thumped the ground behind her slowly as she looked up at him. He'd gone through this it seemed, Nyx didn't know if she ever would have shown him if it weren't for him finding the book of his own accord. "So you s-saw that, huh?" She replied to his compliments with upturned eyes and a slight smile. "Then, w-would you like me to d-d-draw you? I-I'm out of practice s-so it might not be good..."

As she spoke, rough abused dolls hands traced the cover of the little book and around the edge of the pages, almost as if, for a moment, she were afraid to open it. She did though, after some hesitation, thumbing through quietly until she found a fresh page, taking up the pencil in her right hand the way Lukos had shown her how to hold it so long ago, and she looked up at him expectantly, waiting for him to take up some sort of pose, it would seem.

This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:36 pm

OOC[467]

Lukos gave a small smile, watching the younger woman pout like she was a still a child. To him, it was an endearing little thing, reminding him of the way they used to be. Simpler times, indeed. "You know I can't, where's the fun in that?~" he asked her, teasing one more time before giving her back what she lost. For a moment during the big reveal, the male faltered. Nyx looked like these things were bittersweet, though he could see and hear that old tail going at it again, so that was a good sign at least. He hoped that she didn't mind his intrusion on her belongings, but he was just so excited by the discovery he didn't think about it till now.

"Y-Yeah..." he mumbled, brushing out his mane with a worn hand paw as he confessed to going through it all. Thinking she might be mad at him, the man looked off to the side till his ears perked up at the mention of being drawn, with a confused expression. Well, that went better than expected. He glanced back at the snow furred warrior, shy for the first time in a while. "Draw me? I mean, that'd be amazing of you, but you really don't have to. I was just trying to hand you back your things, I know you've been down a bit lately so I wanted to cheer you up, ya' know, and honestly with everythin' that happened I was kinda hopin' that since we're a smaller group now that we spend more time together, the both of us an our family, not that I'm sayin' you don't already spend time with us, you're a wonderful mother, I just thought-"

He stopped in the middle of his sentence, giving his mate a sheepish smile, clearing his throat. There he was, rambling away as she looked at him. How long has it been since he'd done that? Probably since he became a completely different person. "I should probably just sit down now." he said to the artist, giving an exasperated sigh. Sitting on the ground in front of her, Lukos put an arm behind him to hold him up, and suddenly had the though he had no idea how this worked. Surely, she would need him to make some sort of pose right? So then the obvious question would be the kind of pose he needs to make, but then he was stumped. It can't be too ridiculous, but he didn't want to do something that was uptight. Besides, if he were to try to do some proper pose, he might be holding it for a while as Nyx sketched, depending on how easily it all comes back to her.

Do the one where you're laying on your side. came an excited voice from inside, whereas Lukos gave a blatant and disapproving response. You are the reason I remind myself that it can't be ridiculous. He sat there for a while, putting a hand under the chin of his muzzle as his other hand supported him from behind, weighing all the variables, the pros and cons of each. He sat there, holding himself still as he began to lose himself in deep thought, still as can be as he thought and thought away.

Image: Stanley Zimny | Texture: MercuryCode | Table by Sammiie ♥

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Gentle amethyst pools swept back and forth between the book which she held open in her lap, and the grey furred wolf who stood and rambled on about their situation and his hopes, and at his realization that he was, in fact, rambling on, the warrior gave a soft giggle and covered her muzzle with a scarred paw. She watched as he sat down, appearing do be debating with himself inside his own head as the older male steadily settled himself down into a relaxed seated position, appearing to be muttering to himself as though he was trying to decide something, but it was at the moment that his hand went up to his chin that inspiration struck the female and her eyes quietly lit up.

She took her pencil and cracked open her book, turning to the nearest blank page of yellowed parchment and putting pencil to paper, lightly blocking out the males form and making dark the positive space of his form, drawing the lines of his clothing, the wrinkles and folds, it was not an exact polished art, but the proportions were all there, the details were beginning to come through. She set the book down for a moment then and picked up her knife, setting the blade to the end of her pencil and shaving a bit off towards the point, sharpening the dark material within the wood that would make marks on paper.

The male had spent a surprising amount of time in that same pose, she wasn't really sure whether he was actually posing for her or whether he was lost inside his own head at this point, but it was funny nonetheless. Tail thumping the ground, the slender white furred flame added a few more lines here and there, she'd messed up a bit in one area but it had covered over easily enough. Her lines were less fluid than they had been, his form a bit more blocky and geometric than she had done in the past, yet still it resembled him nicely, she was happy with it. It seemed like only a short span of time had passed before she spoke up. "I-I'm done." <3
Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Amidst his own fumblings and mutters, the delicate sound of giggling interjected his thoughts, giving him pause as the male smiled softly. "There you are, Nuzzles." he murmured affectionately, hearing her laugh as if it were a shot of dopamine. Once he had settled down, the wolf had retreated into his own mind, even his outer senses being drawn into putting all effort to his task. It had probably been a while since Nyx had drawn anything, so he wanted to be a good subject for her most recent attempt. He wasn't entirely sure on how to make a pose that was either more simple or quick to draw, since he didn't want to give the warrior too tough of a time about it. In truth, now that he thought about it, all of the sketches and drawings of himself that were done had been painstakingly made without his knowledge, so the infuriating fact that he had done this before but still had no idea how to act drove it all the more home for him.

Come on, let's give Nuz something good to work with here, put on a show or something! You'd just make things worse for her, there's no need to make things over-complicated. Tell me, exactly how complicated would it be to lay down? It's not the action that determines how difficult it is, you dunce. And you know that don't you, you just want to wiggle around and make eyes at her. N....no.. Aaaaah, admit it, you just want an excuse to try and look seductive. Well at least it's better than doing nothing!

The two voices bickered back and forth as he held his stance, trying to concentrate around his alter when a quick Done~ snapped him to attention. "Hah?" he sputtered, not fully recovering from his reflection as he gave Nyx a boogle-eyed glance. He had lost all track of time, so he had no idea how long he had been sitting there, but it seemed that it was long enough. "B-but I didn't do anything. Lukos protested, confused on what she could've saw in him just sitting still. It was probably for the best that he stopped being this internally absorbed, seeing as it completely shut him off from the outside and confused him even more so.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:31 pm

The snow colored warrior pondered over her work for a moment longer as the grey wolf before her expressed his denial that he had done anything and the girl giggled again. "L-Lulu... Y-you never e-even noticed that I dr-drew you before.~" The snowy fae said in a somewhat teasing voice, standing herself up with minimal effort, her light frame moving towards the wolf like a pale ghost, barely making a sound as she came before him and held the book out in front of his scarred visage.

"S-See there? You d-did just fine." The warrior reassured, her tail swishing slowly behind her as the svelte female lowered herself beside him, a wintry head of silky ivory locks rested on his broad shoulder as she crouched there, and amethyst eyes slowly turned upwards to look up at him, examining the scar over his eye and the torn bit of his ear, waiting for the moment when he would turn his head to meet her gaze, and when he finally did, the warrior did not avert her eyes. She looked up into his yellow suns, her own reflecting the light of day like the surface of the deepest pools.

And she held his gaze longer still, before a small swallow might have been heard from the wintry mix, swallowing down a lump of nerves and hesitation, and she would flex her legs a bit, pushing her body upward just enough so that their muzzles would meet, her own lips parted just ever so slightly. One scarred porcelain hand rose to caress his grey cheek, and her slender form breathed a bit nervously against his broader body, before the female would allow herself to fall back to the ground, her face burning as she broke the spell and pressed a balled fist to her own rapidly beating heart, her shoulders nearly trembling and her ears going back. "S-s-s-so-orry I-I d-didn't mean to.."
Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Despite his frantic protesting, Nyx laughed away his confusion, pointing out that it wasn't the first time he hadn't noticed her drawing him. His muzzle opened to counter her words, but swiftly closed with a gullible smile when he realized there wasn't much to say against the truth. "...Fair enough." he said to the artist, ruffling the back of his neck in embarrassment. He watched with sheepish eyes as the snowy vision drifted towards him, coming to rest next to him as she showed him her work. Feeling the weight of her head resting against him, the wolf admired the lines, thinking of how much it looked like a reflection of water or a mirror.

"You did pretty great from the look of it too. You sure you are rusty with that thing?" he said, grinning as he looked to Nyx, unaware that she had been looking at him the whole time. Crystal amethysts smoldered brightly as she gazed at him, and for a moment he thought something might've been wrong. Facing her directly, he searched the fighter's face for any clue besides the strange sense of awkwardness, not realizing what was going on till their muzzles were pressed together. After an instant of shock, reflex kicked in as his eyes closed, returning the gesture as he brushed the side of Nyx's face with a single calloused hand, where it would remain even as she pulled away, looking more flustered than before the act.

Tan tipped ears flicked away as she quickly apologized, bringing out a deep chuckle from the male. "You shouldn't mean to do things more often." came a smooth voice, his thumb stroking the side of her head. A quick notion flashed through his head, as Lukos suddenly became a bit more serious in the face. "Nyx... have I ever even thanked you, for being with me, and giving me the life I have now?" he asked in earnest, remembering to only take what happened in the passing years as it came to him. He couldn't remember a serious moment where he voiced how much he cherished their life together.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci

Sticks and Stones