Show the monsters you're willing

POSTED: Mon May 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

Sebastien is with his two Indian runner duck companions, Myrkr and Tara.

Plans were settling into place. Since Bastien’s forced reunion with Coaxoch, there had been more eyes watching him. By the grace of the Gods he had slipped away unscathed. And yet, an invisible tether pulled him from Amherst and beyond, to the borders of a haunted kingdom. The brute relayed Helena’s messages in her place - his quiet voice reminding him of his debt. It was almost funny. The male had traded one monster for another.

And yet, he owed his life to Helena and Phobos. The hound’s freedom came at a price; his being was bound with thistle and thorn to the Lykoi’s. At times he would feel anger at this servitude, and then he would remind himself of the red-eyed daemoness. The Gods only knew what his fate would have been had Bastien remained in her blood-stained claws.

It wasn’t as though he had any alternatives. The man had toyed with the idea of returning to Krokar, but scrapped it. He was different now, his soft flesh remoulded into something new. Part of him knew he would not go back to the way things were. Life didn’t work like that, it was too messy and he wasn’t the same.

The breeze shifted as Bastien halted at the Blackwoods’ edge. Pollen choked the air, a bittersweet promise of new beginnings. Whatever waited for the hound beyond this moment, he would endure. The hound’s thoughts clung to Coaxoch; he was worth all this sacrifice, right? The darkness of the wood’s interior stared back as Bastien tried to focus his thoughts. It was important to remember the details as they met for the first time since that fateful night.

A muted bark left his lips as he intoned a strange word. “A-Arbiter Helena, Phobos.”

Every turn I take, every trail I track
Last edited by Sebastien Stone on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sebastien Stone

Art Credit: Jacoby!
Salsola
Indentured Servant
Ketsuki
'Souls Soldier of Love
FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Wed May 09, 2018 5:26 am

Helena Troy Lykoi

ooc

She made the horse canter when he wanted to walk. He was irritable and willful today and the sharp snap of her whip told a testament to her own testiness on this day, she was not normally so free with her lashes. The tension pounded at her temples, making the woman rub at them in hopes of alleviating the pressure.

The male was waiting for her at the Blackwoods borders and he had managed to avoid the traps the waited for unwary trespassers. The woman's expression was haughty and cold as she looked down at him from atop her horse.

"You 'ave come to repay your debt to me." It was an obvious statement, she needed to hear it in answer though. In some ways he looked less wretched than he had done before and yet in others he was more so. The quick, darting fear in his eyes, as though enemies might set upon them at any moment. For him, all of Salsola was his enemy for the moment and yet they also offered him a type of protection that only the well armed and trained could provide. Sanctuary.

"You will work as my servant, until zuch a time zhat you 'ave worked off zhe debt owed to me for sparing your life." This was the only offer she would give, and her words within the Thistle Kingdom would throw a high doubt upon his character such he attempt entry via another way.

"Eet may take some... amount of time." She looked at his small hound shape impassively, as though to her it did not matter if he accepted or rejected the offer. If he rejected, she could quite rightly kill him and give his corpse as a gift to the newly ascended Boss. This thought did give a small, sinister smile to her long, elegant face.

Feel the heat of my breath
Hear the furnace in my chest
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
Merchant Apprentice
Jace
Luperci Conserje Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Fri May 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

<3

It was time. A rider materialised from the gloom of the woods - the shadows unravelled from a flame-kissed pelt. Bastien’s new master stood before him, her miss-matched eyes a heavy burden upon him. Its weight jolted his instincts to contort his body into submission. His movements slow and deliberate. The man unwound the scarf about his neck to display a vulnerable throat.

Helena’s statement hung between them, almost daring him to spit angry words at her. “Yes.” His voice was steady, but he could not hide the tiredness. Home had never felt so far away; it would take even longer now with the constant need to look over his shoulder. This new identity he was about to slip over his shoulder was comforting. Freedom came with the constant threat of the daemoness’ breath at his back, or snatching sleep in a dingy hovel somewhere.

Bastien’s attention drifted toward the muffled sounds coming from the basket. He knelt down and cooed the ducks within, as a small smile touched his lips. It had been far too long since the three had been together. His feathered friends’ closeness soothed the hound in a way only a few others could.

His eyes flickered to Helena’s angular face as she explained the terms of their arrangement. He nodded, and reached for the leather bags he’d brought with him. Bastien held one pouch gently in both hands and rose to his feet. The female couldn’t seem to hide the indifference she felt for him. From the cold delivery of her words or the way she sat proudly upon her steed.

Right now, I’m nothing. “I understand, A-Arbiter. I didn't come empty h-handed…” The male lifted the pouch upward. “These are d-duck eggs. My birds are old enough to h-have young of their own. There’s a chance t-these eggs may have b-babies. Use them as you want.”

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Ketsuki
'Souls Soldier of Love
FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 am

Helena Troy Lykoi

Sorry this took so long and is full of suck

The weak would always cater to the strong, if they wished to survive. That was the way of things. It was a difference of character and spoke of strength. It was why a woman of her own build and breeding was assigned a slave status to her mate and yet here Helena was as a high-ranked Arbiter with wealth and power at her fingertips.

She offered him a fraction of that peace that she accepted as an everyday occurrence. She stood unburdened because Salsola allowed her such luxuries. Unconcerned by the thoughts of starvation, of attack, of sickness and ill-health caused by persecution. If he could, she thought he might tear her down from her lofty pedestal but he was too far below, his fingers could not even reach her toes.

"Good." Her short clipped words were much opposed to the smile that now curled her lips. Helena's poor, dear mother would despair to see her once-innocent girl become such a creature.

She took the pouch from him and slid it open to peer at the collection of eggs within for long moments before her eyes snapped to him again and her smile grew,

"Salsola accepts your gifts, Sebastien." Helena let out her coyote's yapping cry, calling for a leader to come and attend them. The vines were writhing inside of her again, hot and twisting against her stomach - she would set a precedent.

"Either zhe Boss or zhe Erilaz will come to us, when zhey arrive you keep your eyes downcast, and you speak only when zhey speak to you or I prompt you, is zhis clear?" A blaze burned, retribution promised to rain down upon him should he not heed her words.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
Merchant Apprentice
Jace

POSTED: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:22 am

Word Count → ??? :: kicks down the door HELLO

The news of her ascension spread fast along their trade channels, running red as blood through an artery. Soon their Portland merchants would know of Salvia's retirement - any week now, Elphaba mused, she would accept the return of their gifts and blessings. Her aunt oversaw the Outpost as a Governor, and there was no doubt where the small woman's loyalty aught to lie.

Family was everything, after all.

Since that night (the memory of it still kept her awake late into the witching hours, dusk through dawn) the new queen had hardly any time for solace. Many of the folk had already come to lay their loyalties prostrate at her feet. Such an upheaval of power caused fissures of uncertainty, where before there had been solidity - She imagined it to be like an ice flow broken from high up in the mountains, dragging silt and slime up from the bottom of the Pictou River as it made its way to the ocean.

For Elphaba Revlis was Boss now, and she had every intent to bring each and every speck of filth to Salsola's surface - only then could it be washed clean.

The grey mare was a clever thing, and in spite of its size could pick through the denser brush of their borders with relative ease. The young woman rode tackless but for a simple leather hackamore looped over the horse's velvet nose. She wore the dark bear cloak that had been her grandmother's, and her grandfather's before that; It was fashioned for much wider shoulders, and draped long across the broad grey haunches of her steed.

The Lykoi's yipping call caused horse and rider both to lift their heads in curiosity. Overhead, a blackbird cawed in answer, the sound lonesome and brash. It was an ill portent.

She found the woman by the eastern border, in unfamiliar company. Elphaba's mare stretched out its neck in greeting to the other horse, but was well enough behaved to stand patiently as the young witch surveyed the Outsider. "Arbiter," Her voice was soft and low, warm like whisky where it stirred in the throat - she looked too young to be a queen, but something about the comfortable tall way she sat astride and the indomitable danger of her rubicund stare suggested otherwise.

The stranger was a scrap of a man - no, merely a boy, Elphaba thought and wrinkled her nose slightly - and looked a little the worse for wear, as many packless travelers were wont to do. Nonetheless, she admired the bright terracotta shock of his hair and the rarity of his doggish looks with the pervasive stare of someone well used to evaluating quality. "What has the cat dragged in here-" She laughed, a husky and alluring sound, "Helena, are you collecting oddities again?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:59 am

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

HAI! <3

Bastien’s racing heart thudded in his ears as Helena surveyed the eggs. The moment stretched painfully, as miss-matched eyes delved into the pouch's interior. Doubt weighed heavily on his chest as a worst-case scenario played out in his mind. This was his chance - he didn't want to think about what failure meant. Finally, the Lykoi was satisfied as the hound let his breath hissed from parted jaws. Helena tipped her head back, a motion that sent her hair to tumble against her throat and shoulders. The cry that escaped her lips set his hackles to rise, but this fact was hidden by the clothes he wore.

Instruction poured from the woman, as strange terms were used again. Boss. Erliaz. Given time these titles would come to mean something. Something to be beholden to. Whether out of love or fear time would tell. Bastien traced circles onto the inside of a wrist as he prepared to meet either of these important canines. The lurcher turned his eyes to the ground at his feet and nodded to show his mistress he complied to her orders.

The muffled approach of a horse and rider filtered through the pines. He felt so small in the gloom their branches provided. A silvery creature swam into his peripherals, and Bastien lowered his gaze further. A female voice, pleasantly low and mellow, tickled his crumpled ears. From one word alone, he longed to look at the speaker. To see for himself if the owner of such tones belonged to a divine being or a monstrosity.

The two women spoke between each other, whilst he kept still and silent. Although the hound wasn’t certain, he thought he could feel someone studying him. It made his skin crawl to think of appraising eyes roving across his body. Not that he was much to look at in his current state, he guessed. A whimper bubbled up from a taut chest, the movements clear against the short fur that clad his taut frame.

Curiosity overcame him, as he looked up and quickly wished he hadn’t. Twin chips of ruby framed by raven hair held his own wide stare. Images flashed beneath his eyelids, of a woman with a dark pelt and crimson dripping from her fingers. Her eyes had been the same colour, hadn’t they? She had cut him - she had done this to him!

“Oh gods…” Bastien whimpered, frozen whilst his instincts screamed for escape. He raised both arms to shield his face as he wailed, “L-Leave me alone!”

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Ketsuki
'Souls Soldier of Love
FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

ooc here

She was inclined to quietness while they waited, others were often disturbed by silence and sought the need to rid themselves of it by talking, often such interesting things they said. Helena knew the value of well placed saturnine actions. The dog was silent though, lost in his own wanderings.

Loathe to allow time passage without productivity she pulled a small sheaf of papers from her cloak and began to mark them with a length of charcoal in a neat, small print. The french blossomed across those pages and the Arbiter ignored her servant until the sounds of hooves reached them and Nani besides her nickered to the silver mare, who he was quite friendly with thanks to their time in the stables.

She stowed away her things and rubbed the dark dust from fingers as Elphaba approached, appearing as royalty should. The great bear cloak about her shoulders made Helena feel certain... things that was likely unwise to voice or allow to come to the surface and inspected. She crushed it all down and stepped forward,

"Boss.." Before she could speak further, the dog-man wailed and Helena's head twisted violently around, hissing under her breath.

Sharp french tones snapped at the air like vipers fangs,

"Be quiet." The ruff of fur about her neck and throat bristled and black lips split to show hints of pointed teeth. Her palm reached out to slap him across the cheek, jerking the male from whatever mental distress was gripping him. It was not a truly hard slap, just enough to have him gasping and lowering his arms. Someone had twisted the strains of him tightly to still have such a grasp; Well, she would wrest him of it soon enough.

Cold eyes lingered on him for long moments and then, ignoring his whimpering, turned back to Elphaba, her composure resettled,

"Zhis man owes me a debt. Zhe gift of his life was spared to 'im when I could 'ave rightly disposed of 'im. If you are agreeing, my Queen, I would take 'im as my servant, to work off his obligations." The sniveling man was not much of a prize to be paraded about but he represented something else, a change in Salsola's workings that Helena would be the very first to present. Salsola would make him strong or it would break him completely, either way he was useful in certain regards.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
Merchant Apprentice
Jace

POSTED: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 am

Word Count → ??? :: <3 <3

The young man did not look at her for a short time. Elphaba did not mind this; It was respectable to keep one's eyes lowered in the presence of royalty, and besides, it gave her the opportunity to stare openly and without guile.

But as Helena saw fit to make the proper introductions, the scrap of a dog allowed himself one fleeting look and became at once fixated - Strangely, the Boss thought she saw something like recognition mixed in to the sudden inexplicable horror of his pale taffy eyes. Intrigued, the young witch leaned closer across the withers of the grey mare, but it was to no avail; Helena's boy was recoiling away from her as one would a hooded snake.

Elphaba's sanguine stare moved pointedly from the Outsider to her Arbiter in a sharp motion.

Helena reacted at once. For a moment the russet-hued woman transformed; Her coy demureness and civility peeled back with her lips, showing the fangs beneath. She berated the stranger roundly. The slap of her palm as it smarted against his cheek resonated like a clap through the listening woods.

Then, much as a mistress might pull back on her silk dress come morning, Helena's composure returned.

All the while Elphaba sat atop the horse and waited patiently, her fingers laced through the creature's silvery mane. Nothing to her expression indicated impatience, concern, or irritation - She was as placid and flawless as a dawn pond mirroring the sky to hide its icy waters beneath.

"Mmm," She made an approving sound at Helena's explanation, seeing the situation for its entirety at last. With pupils narrowed beneath half-lidded eyes, the newly crowned Queen clicked her fingers to get the frightened dog's attention.

When it seemed as though she had it - with or without the whimpering or cowering of distress - Elphaba smiled. "Do you understand these charges laid against you?" Because he looked a little simple of mind, the Boss continued, "You are in possession of a great debt to my Arbiter; The value of a life is high, indeed. To remove yourself of this debt and be a free and honest man, you must serve her, until such a time as the value of your servitude has paid the sum of your debt."

Nonchalant but quietly pleased like a cat with a sparrow between its teeth, the young woman flicked her claws at him in dismissal and twisted to face the frenchwoman. "Helena, he is your responsibility now. See to it that he behaves."

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:30 am

Welcome to Salsola

Welcome to Salsola! As a new member of the pack, you're ranked as an Indentured Servant. We strongly encourage you to read over the Ranks area of our website for further information about your rank, promotions, and other relevant things.

As a new member, why not:

• Start plotting with your fellow members -- start or join an Open Thread on Salsola territory.
  • Figure out if your character wants the Cotona ritual to take place, and where on their body they'd like the scar.
  • Figure out which of the Jobs you'd like and let the leadership know which you're considering.
  • Check out our pack game and start earning points! You can claim a residence in the the Ruins after 50 points in the pack game (note: residences outside this area is free).
  • Add yourself to our Directory, and please remember to add your character's animal companions to our Stables! See Salsola Maintenance for further information.
  • Familiarize yourself with the pack's leaders and make sure you contact one of us if you encounter any sort of difficulty or require any assistance. You can send us a Private Messages or post to the Salsola Maintenance thread.
Salsola
OOC Account
Mel & Alaine

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

Exit Sebastien. Thank-you for threading with me. :3

The Arbiter’s words sliced through the air as neatly as a knife. Bastien turned his face to look at her, a brief glimpse of exposed teeth. Helena’s hand stung against his cheek as the boy recoiled and cast watery eyes to the ground. A palm rose to cup at the site where he'd been struck, all the while turned-back ears listened. Compared to everything else he had survived, the slap was nothing. Sure, it hurt but that was nothing compared to the shock that coursed across his body.

Where once he could have sworn Dystopia had stood, the Boss took her place. They had the same sort of eyes and dark pelts. Bastien prayed silently that the two women weren’t of a similar nature in other areas. The male tried on the cloak of his new life by slipping into silence. Black lips held tight against the harsh breathes he wanted to take, or the pitiful noises that welled up inside the back of his throat.

The red woman gathered herself and confirmed his crimes to the other. Servant, obligation, debt. A sound of approval from the darkling Queen, and the sound of her claws clicked together. It was like the slow grating of Dystopia's daggers. Fearful eyes met her half-lidded ones, and in that moment he understood why her people used titles to address her.

Bastien’s eyes flicked down respectfully as he was addressed. The promise of freedom suspended above him, he merely needed to be a good boy to regain it. The male’s life belonged to Helena, and by extension, Salsola. “Yes, Boss.”

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Ketsuki
'Souls Soldier of Love
FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

Dead Topics