Your greatest fear should solitude be

lest upon your lonesome form, he creep

POSTED: Tue May 08, 2018 11:57 am

As night curled close, pressing deep into earthen sheets, a soldier made quick conversation with three sets of bulbous eyes peering down at him from a tree. They told him that things had changed, but not so much that he could not find his way. This was all he needed; dismissing the winged intellects with a barely perceptible wave.

He waited until it got darker, and darker still, before descending into the Thistle Kingdom quickly, on all fours. As he wanted, his return came without any fanfare. His task had long been completed, and yet... he had not returned.

He'd found freedom out there. There was no reputation to uphold -- no need to be two sides of the same coin. He could sin freely, without worrying that behaviors would bring his own demons back to Salsola. He could live by one name, and it was a life he did not intend to relinquish.

Still. There were things that needed finishing. Tapestries, he'd left unwoven. He had no desire to see his Mother, or his Father -- why bother to explain to them what they had known long ago -- He did not wish to set eyes on any spawn he'd recklessly fathered, or any rival he'd made in his listless pursuit of a power he did not crave. The crown and such things had never mattered to Dullahan. He did not want to be king; Not when he could be Death instead.

The former prince only needed to see one luperci, to finally be able to move on. But there was another, too, and this one was more of a want.

He found his first target with such an ease that one might have thought he was tethered to him. He crept low through the shadows, watching the ghostly figure ahead with bright and serious eyes. He was glad Till didn't sleep much these days; it made him easy to sneak up on.

With a hunter's grace and silence, he rounded the man invisibly -- getting ahead of the Warden and settling himself neatly onto his projected path. Sitting still and upright, with his tail curled around his paws, Dullahan peered forward intently until he was sure Till had seen him; then his expression became sly and unreadable as he said: you look tired.

Avatar by Despi; sig image by Sunny
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Cheshire
Luperci

POSTED: Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 pm

__Bastard on the Wall__

Till still hadn't really begun to feel better, and sleep had been scarce for him. He was afraid he would miss his chance because he was too "busy" sleeping. The dreams didn't help him, for often times he felt like he had run miles in his dreams, and he felt more tired by the time he woke up. This night had been no different, and instead of him sleeping with his wife, he found himself brushing his hair before wandering outside to his normal perch on the Old Wall.

The crisp air felt so heavy since the mantle of Boss had shifted from Salvia to Elphaba. Till felt as if the weight had been crushing, the acid eyes of the Tigress now turned away from Salsola, and for the first time in his life, he felt uncomfortable and scared for Salsola. Till was not old enough to remember when Eternity had been sub-leader to Revlis, and he had only known the reign of the golden Tigress, though he did know of Sirius' rule. He did not know the days of Old Salsola, but already there had been changes. The gift that he treasured so much, his last piece of Dullahan that he had left, was no longer a slave under the rule under the Dark Raven's reign. If he did not "free" her, he would likely be scrutinized for it, and this left him in a bind. He did not know if she would keep secrets after her freedom, much less did he know if she would stay around. He did not want to lose Nephele, for her life had been a gift for him, and she was his, forever.

He was anxious for the future in which he would face alone as a face of Old Salsola. He was already too old to fit in with the younger generation of Sasola, and he felt as if he was suddenly out of touch because of it. He had been so obsessed with his own life, his own obsessions and habits that he had not bothered to even think that the Boss would be overthrown by her granddaughter and grandson. It had completely gone over his head, and he kinda felt as if he would never truly belong in Salsola anymore. His loyalty to his Family kept him chained here, again.

Till left his perch on a whim, and he took his lantern with him as he walked along the outside of the Old Wall. He had been thinking about his options again and eventually had begun to space out as he wandered along the Old Wall. His eyes only focused when he found the shadows forming up on the sides of his path. He had started to ignore them, for they had become annoyances to him, the whispering in his ears were also to be ignored, for he knew that they were messing with his head.

He didn't think that those shadows could have been real this time.

He had never seen one of the shadows sit in his direct path for longer than just a few seconds, like a doe skittering away at the sight of a predator, but this one sat there, tall and familiar. His nose had been the first thing to begin to get to work on identifying who or what this shadow might have been. Till continued to walk forward though until he saw his lantern's light bounce off eyes of a cold winter's day and of the mighty ocean's depths. He suddenly stopped and tilted his head lightly, with his large ears pulled toward the male.

Till flicked his tail pensively as he found himself bewildered and his jaw dropped slightly in disbelief that the shadow was who it was. He didn't feel his feet start to move again when they did - he only felt his heart sink and then jump back into his throat as the scent of the other finally hit his nose. He sighed lightly before a smile finally came across his maw and his features softened as he set his lantern down a bit away and fully came to Dullahan and falling on his knees to be face to face with the male. "I've been waiting all this time. Of course I'm tired, my Prince." he softly spoke to the other as he put his hand up to Dullahan's cheek.

ooc | [wc — 000] template by hilli
Last edited by Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi on Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jasmae@FA, signature image by Nina@SoulsRPG

Salsola
The Tradesman
J
Luperci Witch Mate to Helena and Calla
WINTER IS COMING

POSTED: Sat May 12, 2018 10:22 am

For a moment Dullahan's clashing eyes followed the lantern. His mind drifted to the lighthouse, and his heart felt like it might seize with the great and sudden anticipation that swelled through him.

He never could focus on just one thing.

His thoughts whirred and churned madly, even as his gaze settled keenly on the task at hand. Till looked to him as haunting and as beautiful as he'd always been. Even as a child there had been something sad and ethereal about him; like a ghost waiting to happen.

His eyes passed over the long facial scars he'd laid there himself, and he considered now that maybe Till had been his first intended victim. He had wanted long ago to see that pale face run black and bloodied, but sometime in their youth, he'd come to see the bastard as his only friend.

What had begun as unrequited admiration, had evolved into this. Dullahan was here deliberately; quiet and wanting in the dark. He'd come of his own accord, without any intention other than seeing this pink-nosed hybrid for the last time. This meant something to him.

When Till came close, the prince of Eternity remained attentively still. His ears flicked faintly at the response he was given, and though he didn't react physically to the admission, a tendril of sadness pricked his thoughts idly.

Maybe he had killed Till. The same unhealthy obsession he felt for his own sister was being foisted onto him by his greatest confidant. The poor bastard, with galaxies in his eyes, had had his life taken away by the former queen's unfettered son. He owned this man as surely as he owned the owls he'd raised, but neglect for Till over the years had drained him -- and now he was a sulking husk; sleepless and yearning for a commitment the ironically-named Eternity could not give.

He leaned his face gently into Till's hand, but never took his eyes from his scarred face. I'm not back to rejoin the Kingdom, he said, the sadness in his voice bubbling up so quietly it almost wasn't there. I came to say goodbye.

Last edited by Dullahan Eternity on Wed May 16, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Cheshire
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 12, 2018 11:58 am

__Bastard on the Wall__

The soft fur of the male's cheek had felt so real that he knew that things were not a dream. This was not a trick of his eyes anymore. This was reality, and this was when Till realized that things were going to be so different. Till choked back a whine, and his large coyote-sque ears tell to the sides of his head as he looked at the other with the cosmic eyes glowing with a lonely sorrow, a silent plea for him to be released from his responsibility, his fucked up life that he didn't want to be a part of anymore. He had so many questions for the other - where he had been, what he had been doing - but Till felt as if their time would be short, though he did not know why. His heart fluttered quickly and he let his hand nestle on the man's cheek. He felt himself sink slightly on his knees and look into the cold eyes of the Prince, his Dark Prince.

While Dullahan might have owned Till's physical and mental forms, they both owned one another. Dullahan might not have known it, but Dullahan wouldn't have come back to the Bastard if there had not been some sort of tether. Till, of all luperci, knew that Dullahan could easily leave all of Salsola without a second thought. Dullahan had children that he was leaving, that he never loved or raised himself. Till was jealous of this sense of freedom, but more than that he just..missed Dullahan and his watchful eyes on him. He felt protected in the way that a man would feel with a guard dog. Secure, and loved almost unconditionally.

Words spoken never hurt both of them so equally. He heard Dullahan's voice clench ever so slightly - a drop of water on an ice cold surface, fleeting, and slick - and Till felt tears well up in his eyes. His eyes ripped away from the other's and he choked back a sob from his maw. Till felt a slow anger finally bubble in his gut. He didn't want a goodbye, not from this meeting. He shouldn't have come, but Till also knew that he should have. They should have cut this tether long before the distance murdered the hope of the "way things used to be". "You too, huh?" the words were so soft that it was almost as if he did not say them at all, but with this, the tears finally came from his eyes as he looked back up at the Prince.

A soft smile still graced Till's maw even as the tears still came from his eyes.

"You are releasing me from my duty, then." he told the Ex-Prince. "Will you not allow me to go with you?" he asked Dullahan, though he knew the answer. He just didn't want to hear it. He wanted Dullahan to let him free of his duty to Salsola. He wanted the order from his Prince to desert what life he had made within Salsola and to run away with him. That's what he really wanted to hear from the Prince.

"You will not spend one last night with me, will you, Dullahan?" he asked, but it was more like a plea as his other hand came to Dullahan's other cheek. He still needed Dullahan, but one last night together would be more than he could ask for in such a time.

Another tear fell to the ground from the cosmic eyes of the Bastard.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Tradesman
J
WINTER IS COMING

POSTED: Wed May 16, 2018 9:05 pm

You too, huh?

Dullahan blinked. He didn't want to think about what that meant; He didn't want to be distracted. So the question was dismissed with a flick of his dark ear. It was hard to watch Till cry, but he made himself anyway. He knew he'd seen worse of the man. He had, after all, killed his son.

The stalker kept quiet as the ghostly face of his friend contorted to present him with a dead-eyed smile. This hurt more than any knife could. This was realized too late, leaving Dullahan only with wonder for why he'd even come at all.

Then he remembered.

Don't be stupid, Till, he snapped suddenly, hissing.

That's been long dead. His snarl came hushed, like distant drumrolls of thunder. I'm in your debt, and I came to tell you that I can't— I won't repay it.

He had come free of Till's hands -- his body starting to ripple and bend ominously as a shift consumed him physically -- but he held his gaze steady. Challenging him to want this more than he wanted to stop the horrors from ever happening again.

You don't want to stay the night with such a dishonorable man.

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Cheshire
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 am

__Bastard on the Wall__

"Don't be stupid, Till." his words hissed through his blackened maw and it made the brows of the pale faced man jump high on his face. His bright eyes widened slightly as his large, radically darker ears fall back on his ashen crown. He turned his eyes away from Dullahan in that second as if he was ashamed of his suggestion. Dullahan went on to speak of how Till's duty had long ended to the male, and how he was indebted to the Bastard instead. Till's eyes found their way back to Dullahan with ease and a smile - soft and somewhat serene - that had faded slightly had returned to his pink lips. Dullahan explained that the debt was something that he couldn't and wouldn't repay and Till sighed rather deeply as he fell to his rump in front of the other. Till's hands fell from Dullahan's face, and went to his side, and the sigh of defeat had really just spoken for Till.

Till still looked at Dullahan with sad cosmic eyes. A sorrow so deep that one would wonder how it came to be. When did Till become so broken?

"I am not stupid. Just...heartbroken." he told the other, with an honest tone to his words. He still looked upon Dullahan as he began to shift up to his form with an unwavering gaze upon him. Till still felt warm with those mismatched eyes upon him. "I have never loved another as much as I have loved you...I will likely never do so to another again." he told the other, easily, as if it was nothing. Dullahan knew that Till loved him, but Till wondered if Dullahan knew that he loved the other more than the women that he dedicated his life to. "The only disgrace you have committed to me is the one you are doing now." he told the other at the retort of not wanting to spend one more night with such a "disgraceful man".

"You have and always will be my Dark Prince....You may consider your debt repaid, should you allow me to be with you. For just One More Night." Till's eyes were unwavering, and violence was hidden behind the sorrow in the eyes of the cosmos that swirled with cerulean and lavender hues.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Tradesman
J
WINTER IS COMING

POSTED: Thu May 17, 2018 11:15 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAY!

Dullahan knew he could never convince Till to hate him. He could scar him, kill his children, leave him desolate and longing...

And Till would never deflect him.

He didn't know what to do with such devotion except abandon it. How could he live up to the revere the bastard had put him under? How could he be such a legend. Such a disappointment.

The Eternity seemed to let his namesake pass before responding. He let out the breath he'd been holding, and the tenseness in his shoulders melted away as he looked at Till without criticism. The scorn in his eyes changed deeply to something covetous; leaving winter melted and dawn warming swiftly.

I'll stay, he relented, rolling his shoulders as his optime shape took to its final stages of transition. He shook the hair out of his eyes, and pushed it back with a still-forming hand. I'm yours, for the night.

It was the last time he'd let himself be owned. By honor, by duty, by reputation. By his loved ones. He would never feel beholden to anything again. Not after tonight.

It was hard not to think about his own obsession in that moment.

He placed his hand on Till's scarred cheek. What will you have of me, Till? What do you want?

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Cheshire
Luperci

POSTED: Tue May 22, 2018 8:13 am

__Bastard on the Wall__

The agonizing moments between his suggestion and the answer had been excruciating to the male, but he only wore a hopeful smile on his maw as he looked at the Ex-Prince with his eyes that spilled the cosmos above them. Th words that slipped from Dullahan's maw were relented and eyes softened, as his transformation came to it's completion. Till's tears did not dry up so instantly, but he did brush his scarred arm past his cheeks and he smiled slightly wider to the other. Still the tears welled up in his eyes as the smile on his face widened into something that was - for once in a very long time - truly happy. He wanted to throw his arms around the other, but he didn't. Part of him still felt like this was a dream, an elaborate hallucination that was not real.

What really was real anymore?

"Thank you, Dullahan Eternity." his words were so soft and so elegant that it was strange - for Till to address the male by both his surname and first name also being as strange as the tone they were spoken - and Till's face had a twisted look of sorrow and happiness settle upon it. Till let more tears run down his face as cream hands lifted to greet the scars that the Dark Prince had created. The tears came accompanied with a soft whine as the other had asked what he would have of him. Till was the King of this night, and he almost didn't know what more to ask of Dullahan, but the thought of the gift that had been given to him some time ago came to the forefront of his mind quite suddenly. The violent cosmic eyes narrowed lightly as he looked into the soften ocean and warm dawn eyes of the other.

"You owe me a son, and your gift of a life is to be set free, by the new Boss' orders." he told the other, knowing that Dullahan would get the gist, or at least he hoped so.

"I believe you know what else I want from you." he told the other, as he leaned forward lightly to lick at Dullahan's nose.

ooc: thank you for the birthday post <3 ily chesh <3<3 | [wc — 000] template by hilli

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Tradesman
J
WINTER IS COMING

Canon