Re: you don’t need poltergeists for sidekicks

POSTED: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:47 am

At such proximity, at such passion, each breath she drew seemed pulled from his chest, like a child’s game of pass introduced hot and misplaced into an adult’s court. Beneath that swell of passion, logic screamed and shouted and waved its arms from the back of his head, primarily unnoticed. At times, a whisper of rationality snuck through: Something doesn’t feel right, or, Why here and now?

And when she touched at his trousers: Do I really want this?

His mind shifted from passion and muse to low-scale panic at that same touch. He was inexperienced, he was awkward, and she the Boss. Boyish desires and sincere infatuation and a frank sense of professionalism all tousled together in his mind at once, resulting in a Neith that had momentarily frozen, at least until his hands fell gentle upon hers to pause them. He’d told her anything. He sensed to go back on it could be disastrous.

But he loved her. He truly did, with a genuine and foolish heart.

“Wait,” he said, trying to smile, trying not to hurt her. His fingers squeezed around her own. “Not yet. Not here. It’s not time. I’m... I’m sorry.”

Neith drew her hands from his middle and kissed atop each. He thought about answering her question. He didn't.

“Let me make it perfect,” he said. ”Everything has to be perfect for someone like you.”

whose eyes you gonna use?
Salsola
Sanctus Apprentice
Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

Salsola