[M] With the greatest of satisfaction

[p. Salvador]

POSTED: Sat May 19, 2018 5:19 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

LETS GET SMOKEY

She said it was diplomacy that would take her away from the Court. Abigail would handle everything well without her, for she had handled them in the year or so prior before Kalypso had even showed up. And the Queen desperately needed the time away from the boredom of her own Kingdom, for the minds of her subjects were slow to change toward her in favor, especially of her family. She did not blame them, but she wanted fresh blood, or at least a little more zeal.

Instead, she was closer to the dead city of Halifax, having lit a fire to relax by during the late afternoon. Summer meant that the sun took longer to set, but she was already sick of walking. Even then, guilt at her duty forced her to stay at least somewhat back for all that her home was well protected without her there. She was, after all, more of a diplomat than a defender. Skoll and her more muscled siblings could handle any sort of physical danger that was posed, anyway.

Her fingers twisted the ends of the piece of paper. It was some thin stuff, bought during her life in the islands. Living at the Court, she had not often partake in the drug that she had sprinkled generously in the wrapping. She doubted her family would be particularly favorable to it, considering how many of them seemed to have sticks up their ass. She could count on maybe one half-brother joining in on such a thing, but even that seemed a heady risk.

Kalypso leaned over, lighting the end of it with a slight ember. A quick inhale and the thing smoked, lighting up gold in the golden light of late afternoon. She let it settle into her lungs, then sighed happily, leaning back against the tree.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Sally strayed long and often from Inferni, and the scent of the wild and the herbs there in clung stronger to his coat than the place he called his temporary home. It didn't feel like home. Then again, it had been years since anywhere did.

He liked its people. The kids meant well. But Inferni had been a cosier place with Dove around, not because she was particularly heartwarming, but the two saw eye to eye and allowed one another gratuity of space. She hadn't checked in as she liked to do since departing with the Salsolan boy before the winter, and Sally was starting to wonder if she'd moved on yet again -- following unintentionally in her vagrant uncle's footsteps as if a scoundrel like himself could leave any impression at all.

He started south for the Court to find out for himself what kept her so busy. Parenthood? Another failure of a queen after the first and second? At dusk he stopped for rest in Halifax, where scents of the Court on the wind hinted that his trip might not need be so long.

"Hey," he said, approaching the young woman with hands in pockets and an almost oblivious lack of caution or hostility in his stride. "You from the Court? I'm looking for someone."

Sally looked at the joint from which she breathed. "Hell, I'm looking for one of those, too. My shit's not growing yet."
our currency is flesh and bone

Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONSPIT
everything costs

POSTED: Wed May 30, 2018 8:47 pm

--

Kalypso had taken her second drag of the rolled up joint, feeling the burning sensation in her throat as she held in for a few seconds, savoring the sensation until she let it go in a puff of smoke. A happy sigh escaped her as she leaned back against the tree, but then tensed a moment later. A figure emerged from the shadows and the hair on the nape of her neck rose up.

There was clear mistrust in her face as the male spoke, but she settled as his posture did not change and she felt no threat from him. Her hair relaxed and she gave him a searching look, a very wary glance, and then a singular nod. He smelled of coyotes, which meant Inferni.

Anyone else more antagonized by their shared history of conflict would have been far more weary and wary, but Kalypso shrugged it off. Inferni had moved and they were no longer a true threat to the Court, so far to the south as it was.

Sure, have a seat. Not sure how I can help you looking for someone this far from home, but who knows? She stretched out her arm and offered the man the joint, pulling up a leg to rest her other arm atop it.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am

Invitation to settle himself or not, Salvador hadn’t a pause in his step; as if the young stranger virtually screamed harmless, he approached without second thought. He knew not to underestimate a pretty young thing, and he had certainly paid for such ignorance before, but in that moment Sally was fixated on the smell and the fog and characteristic yearning that he did not think twice.

Beside her, he took the joint when offered, breathed from it deep, smiled, and greedily did so a second time before handing it back.

“Best I got. I don’t know anyone else there, and I heard the Court’s not too fond of Inferni these days.” He shrugged, evidence of utter indifference on the matter. “Her name’s Dove. White, brooding, kind of skinny? We usually meet up, but I haven’t heard from her in a while. I was on my way down to check on her.”

He sized her up and down, none too obvious. “Has that whole Queen situation settled down yet?”

Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONSPIT
everything costs

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

--

The man took a drag from her joint, once, twice, and then returned it to her. She took it wordlessly and put it to her own mouth, relishing the sensation of the calm that settled upon her. It was not so much a high for her as it was an aura of peaceful relaxation, a better relaxant than any bit of alcohol could have ever been. Courts has some lingering thoughts on Inferni, but it’ll pass, she countered lightly, smiling slightly as she shut her eyes. The smoke felt good in her lungs. She offered the joint back to the man, eyes still firmly closed.

But the smile faded the moment the man mentioned Dove. It was fortunate that he had found her rather than someone else, or perhaps it was worse for him as Kalypso had no reason to be terribly tactful about it. I guess I can at least spare you the trip to the Court, she said softly, eyes finally opening to gaze toward the coyote. She’s dead, fell from a cliff when those strange flowers popped up on the coast. It was perhaps flatly said, but it was a tragic accident for someone that had potential, but Kalypso did not know her well.

Still, the Queen sighed, reaching for the rolled up drug with waiting fingers. The queen situation is settled, or I hope it’s settled, seeing as I’m the new Queen. A stranger could hear her gripes. What would a stranger from Inferni care about their troubles? They no longer resided so painfully close.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 am

The news came like a sudden burst of wind, fleeting and fast. He stared at her, repeating the statement in his head certain that he had misheard that she was kidding. All humor had drained away. He considered the statement again and again until it became real and plausible, yet even then was left wondering. She called Dove dead in one breath, and herself the new Queen in the next. While he had no reason to doubt her, he had no reason to believe her, either.

He had been silent for a time when she declared herself as such. He was perplexed and irritated, jolted by news dropped so unceremoniously and emotionlessly that the truth behind it was foggy. “A graceless Queen,” said Salvador, standing, dusting himself off. “Good luck with your pack. You’ll need it.”

Then he left her. There was nothing else to say, and one more thing to investigate.

Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONSPIT
everything costs

Dead Topics