[M] Trusting men is like trusting water in a sieve

POSTED: Wed May 23, 2018 11:20 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

It was dusk, and the young cats were lively. The pair darted in the undergrowth, chasing each other or pouncing after moths, while Khael strolled casually behind them. The evening was pleasantly warm, and the aroma of flora and fauna filled the air: a reminder the wilderness in the Kingdom was alive despite its residents’ airs.

Survival was the code of beasts even above Salsola’s Law. One did whatever they could to gain a seat of power, even if it meant falling back on base instinct. Khael understood this tenet well.

The smoky grey cat, Usi, leaped up at a tree suddenly. His claws dug into the bark as he shot up, navigating some lower branches with his belly pressed low. His hairy tail dangled, and Samak looked up and meowed at it plaintively while Khael smirked.

She thought about another little tree-climber, and walked deeper into the wood, leaving the cats to decide to follow.

It was not too difficult to find Kamari, knowing her habits. She stopped when the girl’s scent grew strong, putting her hands on her hips and settling into a relaxed stance, her face stoic as ever.

Halā, fatāh,” Khael greeted. A smirk finally crossed her face, albeit a faint one. “Playing ‘I Spy’ again?”
but between my soft hands they die.
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Raze
Luperci Milite Mate to Katinka
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Optime | Evening (+318)

The symphony that accompanied nearly every evening filled her ears as she sat upon the low-hanging branch; chirping crickets, the occasional frog or toad croaking, sometimes a hoot of an owl on the hunt. It was peaceful, white noise, one that could have easily lulled another to sleep with the warmer weather of spring. There were quite a few hours before Kamari would turn in for the day though. There was training still to be done.

She closed her eyes, trying to stretch her hearing, focus on changes in the rhythm. A squeal of a mouse as it was overtaken by a silent hunter. A songbird letting out a soft chirp in its sleep. A lesser creature snuffling and shifting throughout the underbrush in search of food. Her mind traveled, drifted, letting her be aware of the world around her with the low level of visibility that the hour afforded.

If she made herself hard to sneak up on, she would never have to worry about surprises while deployed beyond the Kingdom. Secret messages could not be passed safely if they were found out before their intended recipient had them.

At the soft, approaching footfalls of another, Kamari’s eyes opened and her head inclined towards the sound. In the growing darkness, she was barely able to make out the dark jackal that was Khael approach below her. Masa' alkhayr, Khael,” she greeted with a bright smile. She turned, swinging herself off of the branch so that she was down on ground level once more. “And, no, but, perhaps, something similar. I was listening and trying to see what all I could hear.”

Kamari brushed off whatever dirt or tree particles might have remained on her paw pads. “What brings you out here at this hour?” The Henchman peered around the older jackal, trying to see if she was alone or if she had come with company.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Moderator Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:33 am

The small jackal smiled down at her and swung down from the branch, landing like a cat in the leaf litter. She was an agile little thing – one who certainly had made the most of her circumstances. Khael admired her as much as she could admire anyone, and this was evident by the subdued but calm smirk on her face as she studied the girl.

“It is a good hour for us, is it not?” Khael looked around, too. The twilight was quiet, though one who listened and smelled could tell that life still went on. It was natural for many creatures to emerge only under cover of darkness, and even the jackal and the wolf preferred to hunt in the dusklit wood. Back in the desert, this was almost a necessity. It was sloth and ignorance that made any Luperci here purely diurnal.

A scrabbling in the undergrowth grew louder, though, and Usi leaped out of the bushes like a tongue of smoke. He landed and crouched deferentially when he noticed Khael was with company, while bold Samak took the opportunity to spring out, too, and pounce on his haunches. The cats squabbled a minute until Khael uttered a soft hiss, and both quickly sat.

“That and the cats were restless,” Khael admitted, then made a dismissive gesture. “Adhhab.” They scattered.

Putting her hands back on her hips, the charcoal Lykoi stared back at the Henchmen. “I was curious to see how you were doing, too,” she said, “after that betrothal. It looked like an unpleasant surprise from where we sat. I remember because it overshadowed my marriage announcement.” A joke, though it didn’t sound like one.

Her eyes thinned. “Though I know you will make the most of it. You are a clever girl, and men are simple things.”
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Raze
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 am

(+353)

“The best to catch anyone with their guard down and their energy spent from the day’s work,” she confirmed with a smirk. Such was how most predators operated, why, even they—Luperci—were often wary of things that went bump in the night. In the darkness, there was uncertainty, and it was where those like the two of them in particular thrived.

Her attention waned from Khael at the rustling sound of something moving through the undergrowth. It was only the dark woman’s cat though, the two felines looking to be preoccupied in their own game before realizing their Luperci companion to be in the company of another. The two cats reminded Kamari of her own, and the chuckle she gave as the Warden dismissed them told of how she could empathize with restless felines.

At the mention of her betrothal, Kamari’s ears fell back a bit and her cornflower blue eyes fell elsewhere from the older jackal. “Sorry…about that.” She really was. Kamari had been with the rest of the Kingdom in hearing the news for the first time at the Last Supper, and the shock of it all was something she had been unable to hide from her face in that moment. Still young, the thought of romance or becoming mates with another Luperci had never entertained her thoughts, not until Elphaba had made it so.

“It’s going…about as well as one would expect, I suppose, for two teenagers being told to marry one another.” She had avoided Krios in the first few days and weeks that followed, and their relationship with one another was only slowly rekindling as time drew on. Neither though were exactly ecstatic about the arranged marriage.

She laughed dryly though at the mention of men. With a smile on her lips, she asked, “Is that why you fell in love with Miss Katinka?” Because men were stupid and ignorant of their actions and didn’t think things through and were proud and foolhardy and one such man had gotten her stuck in the middle of all of this highborn business.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Khael waved her hand dismissively, as if brushing away an irritating fly, when Kamari apologized. It clearly had not been the girl's fault; she hadn't asked for such a thing. Bethrothals were messy affairs, matches made between hapless girls and teenage boys (or older men, frequently) who were all too happy to adjust to their new role. Khael would have questioned and spoken out against it, had the one in charge been male too -- but Elphaba had her own motives, it was clear.

The dark jackal made a small fake noise of sympathy, though she was interested in what Kamari had to say. Her large ears were pricked toward the girl, and she made eye contact without searching, which was more than she afforded others when she wasn't along for the conversation. "He has not tried to take advantage of the situation yet, has he?" she asked. An ironic question, considering who Khael was.

Fell in love with Miss Katinka indeed. She laughed too.

"Tink is sweet and stronger than others give her credit for," Khael said. Pride colored her usually flat tone. "Men, meanwhile, are good only for handful of things."

She stepped closer to Kamari, leaning in toward the smaller jackal. "You'll have to find out soon enough," she said. "Men think with their second heads -- and if you learn how to fuck Krios properly, you will have him wrapped around your finger." Though her words were crude, her voice was not harsh, not pushing; she sounded like she was talking about the weather, and if Kamari looked too uncomfortable, she would ease her posture. She did not want to intimidate the girl too much, but neither was Khael one to sugarcoat any of her words or actions.

"You should take the opportunity to control him. Do not let yourself be made a victim. You can get many fine things from him -- fine weapons, pups, whatever you want. If nothing else, you can keep him fat and happy so you are free to pursue the ranks you really want."
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Raze
in her eyes were embers

POSTED: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:54 pm

(+315)

The question caught her off guard, and the younger Salsolan’s brows furrowed with confusion. “N-no?” She realized how weak the answer sounded and quickly sought to fix it. “No, he hasn't.” Though her father had warned her plenty of the darkness that every male was capable of, such dangers had never been considered with Krios. He had never tried to come on to her, had never tried to force her into a sexual situation. She saw him as a friend, and, while he had sampled at least one woman at the bar in Amherst, he apparently respected Kamari enough to not try his luck with her.

Mentioning Katinka only briefly distracted the dark Lykoi, and it became quickly evident that she would not be led astray from her mission; to make sure Kamari knew the dangers that were men.

Young, and with none in her family to speak so crassly about such things, it took the Kaiser a moment to understand the jargon that Khael spoke. Second heads? What—oh. Oh.

Oh, God!

Kamari felt her face heat up as she realized where the conversation had nosedived off into. Sex. Khael was talking about sex…with Krios! She felt more mortified than when her father had explained what sex and rape were for the first time.

“I—But I don’t want to have sex with…with him!” She spoke lowly in an indignant squeak. “Or with anyone!” Her large ears pulled back and the expression she wore was that that spoke clearly of her age, her innocence, and her utter lack of entertaining the idea of romance.

“Why do I have to…” She began to gesture with her hands, her thoughts all jumbled inside her head now. “…why do I have to have sex with Krios to get anything? Can’t I just…get the things I want in other ways?”

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Mortified by the topic at hand, the girl squeaked protest. Her vulnerable, disgusted expression made Khael laugh, loudly and more openly than most heard the jackal. She even reached for the smaller woman's shoulder to brace herself as she bowed with amusement, then released her with an apologetic closing of her hand. She bared her teeth in a smirk and crossed her arms, relaxing her stance.

"All right, you shouldn't have to," she placated the girl, though she didn't believe that Kamari would not want it eventually -- even if with someone other than Krios. Then again, despite being around parents who coupled frequently and sometimes found other partners with whom they were violent, Khael did not desire sex for a long time. She was probably a little older than Kamari when curiosity got the better of her, and when she learned just what a weapon her body was.

"Sometimes the promise of it is enough." Khael tapped her head. "It depends what kind of a man Krios is. But unless he prefers the attentions of other men, he is a liar if he says he does not want you. You do not have to do anything, but if he thinks you will, you can make him, what is the word. <Pliant,>" she said in Arabic. "Perhaps you do not need to do this, you are a clever girl and resourceful, but all I am saying is that it will help."

She smiled like a snake. "If you change your mind and want to learn how..." Her eyes dropped momentarily from Kamari's heated face to her small, lithe body. "I will show you." Her eyes returned respectfully to an inch below Kamari's, as if nothing had transpired in the second before.

"I want to look out for my <fellow girls,>" she added tauntingly.
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Raze
in her eyes were embers

Dead Topics