And I Wander

Lapeux

POSTED: Thu May 31, 2018 4:59 pm

ooc: Around Grand Lake, midday. [200]

It was around this time every year that Ruiz became very uncomfortable with his existence. And it wasn't because of some deeply rooted issue with who he was or the haunting shadow of a terrible memory. No, it was far simpler than that. It was because. Of all. THE FUR.

The ashy behemoth sat beside the lake - a place he had tried to avoid since leaving home, but bathing made occasional visits necessary, he supposed - shaking and brushing himself free of the thick winter coat that refused to hold on any longer. He imagined he appeared quite the sight, snuffling and swatting as if assaulted by some invisible dust creature. But it was a common ritual for the fluffy man, and he continued all the same until it at least no longer snowed when he moved.

Finally Ruiz stooped at the water's edge, scooping pawful after pawful of the cool stuff into his muzzle to chase away the heat that tired his large body. It was only the beginning of the season, but already he looked forward to the fall. Perhaps then he might be able to do more than hide in the shade, groom himself, and sleep all day.

Alexis
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Lapeux probably shouldn't be walking outside of his new pack's territory so soon after joining it. He knew that well, but he simply couldn't help this urge. Since stumbling across this area of land, he'd only really become well acquainted with a few areas around the pack he had sought to join. Sure, he could probably ask someone where to find a body of water inside the borders, but... for now, he was content to go to a place he knew.

The wolf shrugged off his anxieties, speeding up his pace towards the nearby lake. He wouldn't take long, and if anyone asked where he was, well.... he could claim he was gathering something he left behind. Or something. He'd think up an excuse when he had to. He just needed to see the lakeside again, one last time. After all, it was the closest replica to the one he often trained by as a pup.

Lapeux's steps slowly ground to a halt as the scent of another wolf crossed his path. Was someone else also at the lake? The large canine peered through the undergrowth, eyeing the lake's borders. As he suspected, someone seemed to be down by its water, doing something about their fur.

He lowered his head, debating whether or not he should approach the stranger. Would it be safe to? More importantly, would any repercussions arise from taking such... risky action?
Eyeing the water, Lapeux took in a deep breath, before sighing heavily. With great hesitation, he walked down to the lakeside.
"I hope I'm not disturbing you."
Lapeux

Kade
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:58 pm

ooc: SO sorry for the wait!

---

Ruiz's moment alone came to an end when the scent and sound of a stranger arrived at his flank. The wolfdog stood, turning to face the canine, and dried his wet paws on his own chest. It wasn't often that he met someone whose height equaled his own, and the fact that he didn't have to look up or down was somehow comforting. The wolf smelled unfamiliar - he LOOKED unfamiliar - and the mixed notes made Ruiz's brow lift. Must be a pack canine, he assumed.

"No," he finally answered, "not at all. Just gettin' a drink. Are you lost?"

It seemed a silly question, he realized all too late. The man didn't appear to be lost, and if he WAS a pack wolf, then he ought to know his way around just fine. Or, at the very least, he ought to know in which direction home lie. Nevertheless, there it was. He offered the stranger a warm smile as well in hopes of seeming a little less...brisk.

Alexis
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 pm

<Sorry for the wait on my end as well! I didn't get a notification xux>

Lapeux shook his head at the wolfdog's question. "No, I'm not lost." he said quite simply, stepping further down to the lakeside. Tentatively, he crouched down, scraping the water's surface with a large front paw and watching as it rippled. "I wanted to see this lake again." That probably didn't make much sense to the other, nor did they likely care, but Lapeux wasn't really thinking about what the loner cared about.

He was silent for a good few moments, eyeing his reflection in the water's surface. It was rather clear - relaxingly so, even. Lapeux had missed it.

Turning back to the other canine, Lapeux frowned slightly. "Will you be staying long?" he asked. While he had nothing against being with a stranger as he reminisced, he quite fancied the idea of doing it... alone. "Not that I want you gone." he clarified a second later, almost as if he was scared of being overly rude. He was technically the intruder in the scenario - if anyone had to leave, it would be him (though luckily that likely wouldn't be the case).

Lapeux

Kade
Luperci

Dead Topics