o human race, born to fly upward

p; oscar

POSTED: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:19 am

Word Count → 2+ :: She's up towards the northern border, close by the Mire in MV

She waited in the North, the early afternoon weighing down the sun, pulling it gradually earthbound. She'd written to him, with fresh hands afforded to her by the form she had no access to the first time they'd met, upon the borders of the Vale's northern (and nearest) neighbour. The dappled woman waited empty-handed, fully intent on inviting the Magnate to join her in Winterwynd. This way he could peruse what the Vale had to offer at his own leisure.

The weather was still dreary, albeit slightly warmer than it had been. Summer was most definitely approaching, the occasional rumble and crack of thunder and lightning that punctured the past nights made Saga accurately aware of that. Green eyes scanned an overcast horizon as she waited for the dappy dog as if daring it to rain. Her hair was as unruly as ever, and the last thing that Saga needed was a shower to add to the frizz.

Luckily the rain clouds remained at a distance and the D'Angelo woman remained dry. Oscar was not late, mind you, Saga had positioned herself at the well in advance. As soon as she'd taken her daily swim, and looped around the most trafficked sections of the outer border, she doubled back on herself and found her spot just north of the Mire.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Oscar

Upon Saga’s written invitation, Oscar had packed up the more steadfast of his two mares and departed from Fiskebyn at the crack of dawn. Adeline’s saddle bags were bulging with a variety of goods Krokar had to offer, ranging from dried fish jerky to various baubles and trinkets crafted from the valuables scavenged along the shorelines. The Magnate wished to show the Wolverthorne a sample of what Krokar had to offer the Vale in trade. In addition, Oscar carried with him gifts in return for Saga’s invitation, just as his mother raised him to. A complimentary bottle of amber colored booze, in addition to a necklace that Oscar felt would suit Saga quite nicely.

The sun had risen a long time before the scent of Mistfell Vale’s northern borders carried over the wind. Oscar pressed the palomino mare on, squinting as a figure appeared on the distant horizon. As the horse and canine pair drew closer, the Morelli began to make out the speckles that dotted Saga’s fur. Saga’s unique coat pattern and bright green gaze remained familiar. However this time, she greeted Oscar upon two legs in favor of four. Even in her newly obtained Optime form, Saga was a petite thing. And, in contrast to her controlled demeanor, the Morelli was surprised to find that the D’Angelo woman allowed her curls to remain free and unruly. He liked the look on her.

”Ahoy there!” the Magnate called out in greeting, waving from his seat high upon his mount. Drawing Adeline to a halt, Oscar deftly dismounted, landing softly on the ground. ”Was ‘fraid tha’ it’was gonna storm on us!” the Morelli commented, glancing up at the overcast sky ”But lcuk seems ter be on our side!”

”Anyways, it’s sure mighty nice ter see ya, n’ the Vale!” Oscar continued, grinning ”Yer Optime suits ya quite nicely, if I n’ say so.”

wc 313
Krokar
Magnate
El
Brawler, Lookout, Teamster You sunk my battle ship! Krokar's First Mate I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Maybe it was because she'd aged since their last encounter. It had been almost exactly three months previous and now Saga was almost a yearling. But now, as he rode over the horizon, she reconsidered her opinion of him. A welcoming smile broke across the woman's face, yellow-green eyes narrowing against the glare of the setting sun; it peeked between the leaves and branches of the tree that was throwing its lengthening shadow across the border. The strange dialect in which he spoke, which Saga once found foolish and low-brow, she now found humourous. So too were his odd turn of phrases and his penchant for jokes. Even physically, she found, what was once taken in as floppy and undignified was view with interest. There was something new about this straw coloured dog, or perhaps it was something new about Saga...

'Hey,' she greeted, as he dismounted with a grace that seemed ill-matched with his appearance. Saga looked skyward as he mentioned the weather, nodding in agreement as she surveyed the growing gloom.

'Are you staying?' she asked, 'The rain might not hold for the return leg and I imagine it'd take some time for you to dry off'. His jokes had obviously become contagious, she was glad that this time it was her who could joke about his coat this time.

Predictably, a compliment came, as they often had done when her packmates first saw her unshifted. She nodded quickly, genuine and yet a little flush to hear him say it.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Vida
Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Oscar

As Adeline and Oscar drew closer to the Vale’s borders, The D’Angelo woman offered a welcoming smile. Even though her lime gaze squinted against the sun’s light, which was beginning to break up the angry looking clouds that hung overhead, the way a smile lightened up Saga’s features was radiant. ”Nice ter see ya’ smilin’ today, eh?” Oscar ribbed as he dismounted his mare. While it was rare to see Oscar milling about without a grin plastered to his face, a grin on the face of the usually stoic Wolverthorne was a welcomed change. Perhaps it was because the sun was reappearing, or perhaps it was something else.

”Eh, I’ll stay long ‘s I’m welcome!” Oscar chuckled as Saga dished him a taste of his own medicine ”Never did care too much ‘bout gettin’ me fur wet, though me Ma’ says I downright look ‘ike a drowned rat!” Oscar shook his head ”Guess it runs in th’ family.” The Morelli’s eyes danced mirthfully as he said this. Saga’s reply to his compliment was genuine, even a bit flustered if he dared to say. However that was only a brief moment, and the woman quickly regained her composure.

”Anyways, I got some gifts fer ya, from Krokar.” Oscar began as he opened up a few of the saddle bags. As always, Adeline stood by patiently, although she whickered in curiosity at the foreign woman. ”Some dried fish jerky ter add ter yer provisions, few spools o’ wool, ‘ome caribou antlers. Oh, n’ o’ course,” Oscar winked mischievously ”A bottle o’ Krokar’s finest.” Within one of the saddlebags was a rather generous bottle of mead, the alcohol sloshing within the amber glass.

”N’ I also got somethin’ fer you, ter thank ye fer yer invite.” Oscar’s tone changed, almost serious as he pulled out something from the saddle bag to present to the D’Angelo. From his fingers hung a necklace, a thin cord of leather with shells strung through. In the center was a rock of sea glass, a pale green in color. ”Dun’ know ter much ‘bout jewerly n’ th’ likes,” Oscar admitted, almost abashed ”But I thought th’ glass matched yer eyes.”

wc 362
Krokar
Magnate
El
Brawler, Lookout, Teamster You sunk my battle ship! Krokar's First Mate I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS

Mistfell Vale