o human race, born to fly upward

p; oscar

POSTED: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:19 am

Word Count → 2+ :: She's up towards the northern border, close by the Mire in MV

She waited in the North, the early afternoon weighing down the sun, pulling it gradually earthbound. She'd written to him, with fresh hands afforded to her by the form she had no access to the first time they'd met, upon the borders of the Vale's northern (and nearest) neighbour. The dappled woman waited empty-handed, fully intent on inviting the Magnate to join her in Winterwynd. This way he could peruse what the Vale had to offer at his own leisure.

The weather was still dreary, albeit slightly warmer than it had been. Summer was most definitely approaching, the occasional rumble and crack of thunder and lightning that punctured the past nights made Saga accurately aware of that. Green eyes scanned an overcast horizon as she waited for the dappy dog as if daring it to rain. Her hair was as unruly as ever, and the last thing that Saga needed was a shower to add to the frizz.

Luckily the rain clouds remained at a distance and the D'Angelo woman remained dry. Oscar was not late, mind you, Saga had positioned herself at the well in advance. As soon as she'd taken her daily swim, and looped around the most trafficked sections of the outer border, she doubled back on herself and found her spot just north of the Mire.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
Spotlight Soul Luperci MV Top Poster!
der schein trügt

POSTED: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Oscar

Upon Saga’s written invitation, Oscar had packed up the more steadfast of his two mares and departed from Fiskebyn at the crack of dawn. Adeline’s saddle bags were bulging with a variety of goods Krokar had to offer, ranging from dried fish jerky to various baubles and trinkets crafted from the valuables scavenged along the shorelines. The Magnate wished to show the Wolverthorne a sample of what Krokar had to offer the Vale in trade. In addition, Oscar carried with him gifts in return for Saga’s invitation, just as his mother raised him to. A complimentary bottle of amber colored booze, in addition to a necklace that Oscar felt would suit Saga quite nicely.

The sun had risen a long time before the scent of Mistfell Vale’s northern borders carried over the wind. Oscar pressed the palomino mare on, squinting as a figure appeared on the distant horizon. As the horse and canine pair drew closer, the Morelli began to make out the speckles that dotted Saga’s fur. Saga’s unique coat pattern and bright green gaze remained familiar. However this time, she greeted Oscar upon two legs in favor of four. Even in her newly obtained Optime form, Saga was a petite thing. And, in contrast to her controlled demeanor, the Morelli was surprised to find that the D’Angelo woman allowed her curls to remain free and unruly. He liked the look on her.

”Ahoy there!” the Magnate called out in greeting, waving from his seat high upon his mount. Drawing Adeline to a halt, Oscar deftly dismounted, landing softly on the ground. ”Was ‘fraid tha’ it’was gonna storm on us!” the Morelli commented, glancing up at the overcast sky ”But lcuk seems ter be on our side!”

”Anyways, it’s sure mighty nice ter see ya, n’ the Vale!” Oscar continued, grinning ”Yer Optime suits ya quite nicely, if I n’ say so.”

wc 313
Krokar
Navigator
El
Brawler, Lookout, Teamster You sunk my battle ship! I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Maybe it was because she'd aged since their last encounter. It had been almost exactly three months previous and now Saga was almost a yearling. But now, as he rode over the horizon, she reconsidered her opinion of him. A welcoming smile broke across the woman's face, yellow-green eyes narrowing against the glare of the setting sun; it peeked between the leaves and branches of the tree that was throwing its lengthening shadow across the border. The strange dialect in which he spoke, which Saga once found foolish and low-brow, she now found humourous. So too were his odd turn of phrases and his penchant for jokes. Even physically, she found, what was once taken in as floppy and undignified was view with interest. There was something new about this straw coloured dog, or perhaps it was something new about Saga...

'Hey,' she greeted, as he dismounted with a grace that seemed ill-matched with his appearance. Saga looked skyward as he mentioned the weather, nodding in agreement as she surveyed the growing gloom.

'Are you staying?' she asked, 'The rain might not hold for the return leg and I imagine it'd take some time for you to dry off'. His jokes had obviously become contagious, she was glad that this time it was her who could joke about his coat this time.

Predictably, a compliment came, as they often had done when her packmates first saw her unshifted. She nodded quickly, genuine and yet a little flush to hear him say it.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Oscar

As Adeline and Oscar drew closer to the Vale’s borders, The D’Angelo woman offered a welcoming smile. Even though her lime gaze squinted against the sun’s light, which was beginning to break up the angry looking clouds that hung overhead, the way a smile lightened up Saga’s features was radiant. ”Nice ter see ya’ smilin’ today, eh?” Oscar ribbed as he dismounted his mare. While it was rare to see Oscar milling about without a grin plastered to his face, a grin on the face of the usually stoic Wolverthorne was a welcomed change. Perhaps it was because the sun was reappearing, or perhaps it was something else.

”Eh, I’ll stay long ‘s I’m welcome!” Oscar chuckled as Saga dished him a taste of his own medicine ”Never did care too much ‘bout gettin’ me fur wet, though me Ma’ says I downright look ‘ike a drowned rat!” Oscar shook his head ”Guess it runs in th’ family.” The Morelli’s eyes danced mirthfully as he said this. Saga’s reply to his compliment was genuine, even a bit flustered if he dared to say. However that was only a brief moment, and the woman quickly regained her composure.

”Anyways, I got some gifts fer ya, from Krokar.” Oscar began as he opened up a few of the saddle bags. As always, Adeline stood by patiently, although she whickered in curiosity at the foreign woman. ”Some dried fish jerky ter add ter yer provisions, few spools o’ wool, ‘ome caribou antlers. Oh, n’ o’ course,” Oscar winked mischievously ”A bottle o’ Krokar’s finest.” Within one of the saddlebags was a rather generous bottle of mead, the alcohol sloshing within the amber glass.

”N’ I also got somethin’ fer you, ter thank ye fer yer invite.” Oscar’s tone changed, almost serious as he pulled out something from the saddle bag to present to the D’Angelo. From his fingers hung a necklace, a thin cord of leather with shells strung through. In the center was a rock of sea glass, a pale green in color. ”Dun’ know ter much ‘bout jewerly n’ th’ likes,” Oscar admitted, almost abashed ”But I thought th’ glass matched yer eyes.”

wc 362
Krokar
Navigator
El
Brawler, Lookout, Teamster You sunk my battle ship! I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS

POSTED: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 am

Out of habit her smile faded a little as the wired coated male noticed it. She hid it for a moment like a scolded child caught doing something she ought not me doing, but soon enough she realized she was an adult and she had nothing to hide. It was still with hesitation that the smile crept back onto her two-toned face, but when it did, it returned in full bloom. 'Thanks,' was all she managed to say.

Oscar accepted her invitation to stay with a mirthful reply, deciding to further comment on just how terrible he looked while wet. A dull ache of nostalgia rung through her chest as she remembered how pitiful her always looked after he bathed, for he'd would never be caught dead outside in such unfavorable temperatures. Saga was glad she hadn't inherited such a coat from the pale hermit, it would have voided most of her aspirations after all. 'You can either stay in the Old Church, or you can stay at my place.' Admittedly, the church was far more comfortable for visitors than her own house was, but it seemed proper to at least afford him the decision and not make it look like she was eager to ditch her visitor. After all, if he chose so, she'd have been more than happy to accommodate him.

Thankfully Oscar seemed to decide to skip gracefully over her momentary lack of composure, choosing instead to focus on the giving of gifts. Silently, she cursed herself, but then she too swiftly moved onwards. 'Gifts? How generous,' the mottled woman chimed gratefully, listening eagerly as the Magnate reeled off the list of what he'd brought along with him. The word felt awkward to the bilingual woman, who despite knowing the different between the two words in their respective languages, still found the phrasing odd. His horse gave a low whinny in curiosity, which caused Saga to gravitate a little nearer and eventually stretch a hesitant hand out for the mare to investigate her. Slowly but surely, she was beginning to see horses for their true worth.

Mismatched ears swung towards Oscar in surprise as he spoke of a gift for her.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt

POSTED: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 am

5+

Out of habit her smile faded a little as the wired coated male noticed it. She hid it for a moment like a scolded child caught doing something she ought not me doing, but soon enough she realized she was an adult and she had nothing to hide. It was still with hesitation that the smile crept back onto her two-toned face, but when it did, it returned in full bloom. 'Thanks,' was all she managed to say.

Oscar accepted her invitation to stay with a mirthful reply, deciding to further comment on just how terrible he looked while wet. A dull ache of nostalgia rung through her chest as she remembered how pitiful her always looked after he bathed, for he'd would never be caught dead outside in such unfavorable temperatures. Saga was glad she hadn't inherited such a coat from the pale hermit, it would have voided most of her aspirations after all. 'You can either stay in the Old Church, or you can stay at my place.' Admittedly, the church was far more comfortable for visitors than her own house was, but it seemed proper to at least afford him the decision and not make it look like she was eager to ditch her visitor. After all, if he chose so, she'd have been more than happy to accommodate him.

Thankfully Oscar seemed to decide to skip gracefully over her momentary lack of composure, choosing instead to focus on the giving of gifts. Silently, she cursed herself, but then she too swiftly moved onwards. 'Gifts? How generous.' the mottled woman chimed gratefully, listening eagerly as the Magnate reeled off the list of what he'd brought along with him. The word felt awkward to the bilingual woman, who despite knowing the difference between the two words in their respective languages, still found the phrasing odd. Gift, after all, meant poison in what she considered her native language. His horse gave a low whinny in curiosity, which caused Saga to gravitate a little nearer and eventually stretch a hesitant hand out for the mare to investigate her. Slowly but surely, she was beginning to see horses for their true worth.

Mismatched ears swung towards Oscar in surprise as he spoke of a gift for her. Again going blush, a pale hand reached out to take the sea jewels from the Magnate, inspecting them almost slack-jawed. 'It's beautiful...' It truly was the colour of her eyes, poisonous green, alive and perceptive. 'I don't know much about jewelry either, this is the first time someone's given me any...' she admitted softly. Reaching upwards, Saga slipped the wide circle of rope over her head, sliding it over her ears and battling it past her thick mane. When it reached the base of her neck, she shook her mane loose and reached up to her nape to tighten the loop and tied a knot between the two loose ends over the piece of bone that served as the main fastening. Looking down, Saga smiled and repeated herself, 'It's beautiful... It really is. Thank you.'

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt

POSTED: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:09 pm

ooc - Feel free to pp Oscar + Adeline following Saga through Winterwynd to move things along! <3

Oscar

Saga’s smile vanished as soon as Oscar commented on it, as if it were a shy creature. Yet slowly but surely, the grin returned to the woman’s face, for the Morelli’s damage was miniscule and easily undone. Through the jests shared between them, that smile remained, hopefully for good. It suited the Wolverthorne far better than the serious demeanor she had presented to him way back when she walked on four paws instead of two. But this Oscar kept to himself, for fear of making the woman even more flustered than she already was.

At the D’Angelo’s invitation, Oscar cocked an eyebrow playfully. ”As temptin’ as th’ Church be, it soun’ mighty lonely.” The Morelli laughed ”‘Least a’ yer place, I’d ‘ave yer company.” The wiry haired man paused, giving a wink ”Lest I manage ter drive ye out ‘o yer own home tonigh’ tha’ is!”

The Morelli waved his hand, ensuring that the comments he made were made in lighthearted jest. He was eager to show the gifts he had on hand, both for the Vale as well as a more personal one for Saga. As Oscar displayed the items one by one, the Wolverthorne extended her hand tentatively towards Adeline. The palomino mare whickered gently, blowing puffs of warm air on Saga’s outstretched palm before pressing her velvety muzzle against it. ”Tha’ Adeline’s favorite place ter be scratched, yes!” Oscar commented cheerfully.

The Morelli saved the best for last, his desire for suspense as well as his unexplained nerves contributing to the long wait. As Oscar presented the necklace to Saga, he watched on in apprehension as the dappled woman looked on. The Morelli gulped as the D’Angelo accepted the jewelry, a mixture of anxiety and excitement fizzling his brain. Oscar let loose a breath that he did not know he had been holding in as Saga voiced her thoughts, sighing in relief. ”Ah, I’m mighty glad ye’ like it!” Oscar beamed as Saga was quick to pull the cord over her head. ”It suits ye’ very nicely!” the Morelli nodded in approval. Not that the D’Angelo had any need for jewelry, for she was a beauty herself.

At Saga’s confession, Oscar looked up his surprise. ”Really? I fin’ tha’ hard ter believe-” Oscar started before thinking, feeling his face heat up ”I mean, ye’ deserve the finest jewelry. Not tha’, uh, ya’ need it! Ye jus’ as pretty-”

And now was his cue to shut up.

”Ye’ live in Winterwynd, right?” Oscar quickly switched topics, scratching the back of his head ”Only heard ‘bout th’ place from my pack mates who’ve been ‘ere. Will be nice ter see it me’self.”

The Morelli gestured for the dappled woman to lead the way, gripping the mare’s reins with his other hand.

wc 462
Krokar
Navigator
El

POSTED: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 pm

3+

Saga fought hard to swallow a wry smile as Oscar easily accepted her invitation. 'The furs aren't super comfortable if you sleep like this-' she indicated to him, being fully upright, as she spoke, '-but at least there's more privacy.' The cheery wink the dog shot at her made her mind drift momentarily to less PG suggestions of where he could sleep if the pile of furs in the communal area of her house were not to his tastes... This only lasted for a moment before she shook the image and refocused her mind on more professional matters.

The horse seemed to like her, though Saga was no expert on equine body language. She didn't bite, nor make a sudden sound of protest and so the dappled girl assumed her affections were tolerated at the very least. 'I don't know much about horses.' The Wolverthorne admittedly, complete with a furrowed brow that demonstrated the unwillingness to be seen as less knowledgeable that Saga was so famous for.

Both youngsters shared a wide grin as the woman tied off the fastenings with mismatch hands. Vibrant green eyes, now sparkling with delight, gazed down at where the seaglass rested low on her chest. She had never been gifted anything before, besides what her father and Baelish had passed on to her when they returned from their travels. But those were effects of familial love, unconditional in nature, the jade seaglass was a product of a friendship that had been earned.

The seadog tripped over his words like a flustered child, earning a wider grin from the Mistwalker. She'd never really been flattered before either, so she made no effort to stop or correct him. Oscar found it within himself to halt his waffling eventually and the woman was almost sad that he had. 'It's fine.' she comforted with a hint of laughter.

'Yes, Winterwynd,' the dappled woman replied, turning her back to the Krokaran and heading into the land that the Vale claimed as it's own. 'It's quaint. It needs a bit of repairing too, but it's home.' It wasn't long before they reached the village, entering from the north and pressing on through to the southern part that lay at the water's edge.
Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt

POSTED: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 am

Oscar

”Ah, dun’ be silly!” Oscar chuckled as Saga shot him a wry smile ”I’m sure yer furs will be more th’ fine.” Not that privacy was a big thing on his mind at the moment, if he was being honest. However, being raised with a strong willed mother and two sisters had shaped the Morelli into a gentleman - and gentlemen did not say such things out loud. Certainly not to their hostess, as tempting as it may be.

”Well, ye’ doin’ jus’ fine.” Oscar reassured the dappled woman as she admitted to being less than experienced when it came to horses. "At least, Adeline sure thin’ so!” Still, Saga was already miles ahead than others with her experience level. Some others would be afraid of Adeline, simply from her sheer size. ”Does th’ Vale ‘ave any horses?” Oscar asked curiously. Krokar had a whole herd of horses in Asters Field, used communally throughout the Pack. However horses were quite valuable, and it had taken Krokar some time to amass wealth.

Saga made no move to correct - or protest, for the matter - as the Morelli tripped over his words, eventually forcing himself to a halt. ”Anyways,” Oscar chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head ”I’m sure glad you like it.” The green seaglass suited her, and Oscar was relieved to find that the smile never got wiped off of Saga’s face.

Relieved at the shift in gears, Oscar led his mare behind him as they followed Saga. It wasn’t long before the wilderness of the Vale gave way to the town. ”Sure is pretty ‘ere.” Oscar remarked, admiring the stonework of the houses that lined the twisting streets of Winterwynd. He was far more accustomed to the wooden cabins nestled in Fiskebyn, so the brick and stone were very impressive in his eyes. ”Do all th’ Mistwalkers ‘ive in town?”

wc 313
Krokar
Navigator
El

POSTED: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 am

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Privacy was never something Saga found herself to strung up about, not as much as being alone at least. When she accepted companionship, she was utterly unconcerned by the idea that said companion would see all aspects of her life. She had nothing to hide, she did nothing that no other canine did not do. She bathed, she ate, she slept and was completely fine with the concept of being observed doing those things.

Besides, maybe Oscar's presence would be even more entertaining than she anticipated.

'We have two.' She responded softly, her fingers still gently tracing Adeline's long face. 'My brother and I traded for one and he-' Saga paused, her tone becoming skeptical, 'Won the other one, somehow...' Baelish had attempted to tell her the tale, but she'd listened for only a few moments before deciding it was probably better if she stayed unaware of her older brother's antics. 'Most have their own horses too though.' Linden had his, so did Baelish and Ragna, two in her case. 'And then we've got pigs, sheep, goats, etcetera. Chickens too now, thank you.' Her thanks came with an ever uncommon smile, which was becoming far less uncommon as the two conversed further.

Both parties glanced over the moment of awkwardness gracefully, instead opting to promenade quietly through the town in the direction of Saga's modest home. 'Most, but not all.' she replied, thinking of the likes of Posey, and Valeria and Theo, who chose to make their homes in more rural areas.

Saga D'Angelo
Mistfell Vale
Starkhelm
Vida
der schein trügt

Mistfell Vale