Blood traitors to the cause

[p. Elphaba]

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 pm

-

Much had changed since the last time he had gone to that dark tower, its silhouette a shadow in his heart. It pained him to know that his father no longer lived there and instead his half-sister brewed her evil brews and plotted her evil schemes within. It pained him that she was blood and he was compelled to serve his blood. It was duty that drove him to her home again, after she had taken the crown of Salsola for her own and put her lackey upon the seat beside her.

Now that she was Boss, she was the ultimate danger. She was no longer a viper in a rattlesnake's clothing; she was now the King Cobra, unafraid to bite. She hated him and he doubted she'd hesitate to rid the world of him if he miss-stepped. Krios refused to stumble, not with his family depending on him and Kamari's future at stake.

He owed Kamari a good spouse, who would at least elevate them both. She would not do it alone, he insisted in his heart.

Bow on his back a symbolic show, there were no arrows on his person for his quiver remained in his rooms. It was easy to make a true display of threat, but he was not the sort. He was merely reminding her of their shared heritage, for all that the bow was likely a painful reminder of that. Let it burn, let it smolder, let it remind her that he was not worth killing.

Your unworthy brother has come to speak with you, Boss, called the Arbiter, smiling broadly at her doorway, as though he honestly thought he was welcome. Krios had no such delusions.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

As he made no effort to conceal his approach, Elphaba became aware of her brother moments before his voice pealed through the still air. The hall had amplified the sound of his footfalls, breaking her concentration on the task at hand - She cursed softly on an exhale, and looked at the ruined ink line she'd made on the parchment. Her writing had otherwise been neat, precise.

He had ruined it, but it wasn't the first or last time that Krios would ruin something, she was certain.

The blatant indulgence of his words dripped with sarcasm, almost enough to be a challenge. Setting the quill aside, Elphaba cracked her fingers and shook them loose, and generally took her sweet time in heading to the doorway. Making him wait was a petty victory, but having decided that she would let him live, it was one of few that the newly crowned monarch was likely to get.

Finally, when she thought he might call out again in that ridiculously cheerful voice that she couldn't stand, the witch pulled open the heavy wooden door of the tower. It groaned on its hinges, a sentiment that she shared at the sight of the young man, their fathers longbow strapped proudly over one shoulder like some sort of royal banner.

Elphaba smiled at her halfbrother, showing him each and every one of her pearly teeth. "Is he worthy of being listened to?" She clicked her tongue, "Does he have something worthy to say?"

She doubted very much that Krios had any gems of gossip to bring to her attention, but he had claimed that he would listen out for her regardless when last they spoke. Relenting, Elphaba gestured with a flick of her fingers that he might enter the tower.

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:57 pm

-

He gave a shrug of his shoulders as his somehow constantly irritated half-sister nearly demanded to know if he had anything of value for her. If he was honest, probably not. Somehow the things he knew seemed arbitrary for the Boss to learn, even though she ought to have all of her sticky little venomous claws in everyone's puddings. It was like a puppet master with reluctant strings, but Krios let her pull him, if it would only keep Kamari out of Elphaba's gaze and secure them somewhat.

As though tugged by her fingers, he entered the tower that was their father's, and he could still feel the greedy desire that it still had been occupied by the man and not his dangerous spawn.

I think it's entirely up to you to decide if what I've gathered is important, he said with a sly grin. It really was up to the woman to decide. If she found his discoveries not too pleasing, then he would simply need to do better. Unfortunately, though, he was definitely not like Kamari or like the others who skulked in the dark looking for secrets. He liked the things that were easy to miss but a carefully observant fellow could wrangle out of the woodwork rather than claw it from its own spine.

We should suggest folk be careful with that bar in Amherst. It seems as though rough sorts live there; there have been incidences there and they are dangerous close to us, he recounted lazily, inspecting the walls as though they were delightfully interesting. It was just smart, plus it seemed as though twice the members of his bloodline had been attacked or targeted there. When would the other packs learn of Salsola's presence there?

Let's see, Kamari and I are settling on a home, which should delight you, dear sister, he said with a droll tone, rolling his eyes as though it hardly pleased him. He knew she wanted them to suffer at each other's hands, but he refused to fall into such a thing. Elphaba could not have everything she wanted; sometimes a person had to be taught to be disappointed.

And my aunt may be returning from the Outpost. She sent a strange letter to my mother and it made her nervous. Perhaps, you would like me to recite it for you? asked the Revlis man, looking over his shoulder as he pulled the rough paper letter out of his vest pocket, hidden from view until that moment.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:16 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

Krios sauntered past her into their ancestral home - He would be the only Salsolan Revlis to never take shelter in the shadows of the tower, to never sit the old stone throne when noone else was around. The thought lingered in Elphaba's mind as she watched her halfbrother's lazy stride. She wondered if he knew that his offshoot of the familial tree had been an error, a mistake.

Or had it? Slowly the branches of their influence spread further and further, claiming more of the open sky than ever before.

As his feet lackadaisically wandered, Krios' mouth did the same. Some things he said were droll and useless, but others held a note of interest to them, making Elphaba's ears twitch to catch the easy drawl. She went back to seat herself at the desk, but did not resume writing; Instead she began to roll the number of crude parchments, and tie them neatly with twine.

"I am interested in the bar," The young queen relented after a pause, but did not look up to see the expression on Krios' face. "A number of our people have congregated there, once or twice. O'Riley explored the place himself, but I have yet to see it with my own eyes. What did you make of it?" She could only assume that he - an imperious and brash heir of no little fortune - had made the journey himself. What young man could possibly resist such a tempting lure?

Even so, his latter implications drew the fullness of her attention, and she glanced at him sharply. "Delfina is returning to Salsola proper?" Unable to resist, Elphaba set aside the scroll in her hands and laced her fingers together curiously. "What did the letter say?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:38 pm

-

Krios fiddled with the collar of his shirt as Elphaba evaluated his various bits of information. Naturally, she seemed very interested in his aunt's imminent return to the Outpost. He, too, had been much interested to know. Delfina was not a family member he knew personally, only knew of her from the droll comments his mother made. As far as he could tell, only his grandmother had any love for his aunt. Ondine seemed to hate the woman and even Neith seemed inclined to avoid her. Krios wondered why that was. Was she quite so bad a sibling?

It's useful. Easy to get information and easy to trade. My mother sets up shop near it since the odds of patronage are good. He had a very broad smile, laughing as it stretched across his maw. Easier to loosen trade goods from drunken barmen and women who had too much to drink, she had said, he added. Were she not a Seer, perhaps he would have thought her an excellent trader. Their mother had dabbled as Crone and as Ambassador so perhaps it ran in the female line.

Though, Victoire seemed more violent than Krios had ever been, so perhaps it was not quite in the female line.

However, the more interesting thing was what his aunt had written in a strange hand. It was almost rough and quickly written. There were cross-outs of words, phrases, a whole sentence erased by the repeated scratching of a black ink pen.

Mother Darling and Sister Dearest,
It has come to my attention that my nephew has risen in the world. As no one has thought to tell me of this occasion, I was informed by a traveler from Salsola proper.

As such, I will be consulting my sources on a good time to return, since it seems a lot has been lapsed in my absence and standards in our bloodline have fallen. Expect me in a few months after the arrival of this note.

Your Most Devout Daughter,
Delfina

Krios lowered the note, having removed some of the more concerning language regarding some amount of betrayals and lies and such. Elphaba did not need to know everything. He smiled at her, waiting for a reaction.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
Shield Apprentice
Gen
Vedetto, Milite
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

Salsola