[M] A crackpipe full of dreams

Forward Dated -- Mid July / Biff's Bar / Helena

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Do not cry out or hit the alarm
You know we're friends till we die

Boone had never been so far from home in any sense that he could recall. He followed his uncle to a strange and perhaps overly hyped place that he affectionately referred to as Whoretown; the ruin of Amhurst. It looked a lawless place of crumbled buildings and cracked asphalt as nature slowly tried to reclaim the sprawl. Among the ruin, there was life in a way Boone had never seen -- life without order. No rule of law.

Gamblers cast crude wooden dice in the streets, squatting around bottles of alcohol and pilfered supplies as they made their bets. A particularly rough looking woman leaned against a building. She winked suggestively at the pair, but John was quick to pull Boone by the wrist down a narrow corridor before he could react.

John pushed open a old wooden door and dragged Boone into a dark, noisy building. John explained that it was Biff's Bar and that it was the best place in the world. At first, Boone was wary and kept a watchful eye on the other patrons. He made awkward eye contact with a pretty redheaded across the bar and quickly looked away. However, after being served his first drink by the dog behind the bar, Boone found it much easier to loosen up.

Looking beside him, Boone saw John's seat sat empty. The door swung open and Boone swore he saw his uncle leave with a woman clutching his elbow.

Shit.

OOC text here.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

Italics denote french

She watched them enter, stiffening imperceptibly. She pulled closer her drink and pulled it to her lips, realizing that it was not Redtooth that entered. The entire stance was different, the aura and the make of him. Similar in colored looks and eye hue only. She caught the boy's eye briefly and he turned his gaze away.

They were identical other than that and she watched them surreptitiously through her peripheral vision until the look-alike disappeared off with an attractive woman. Her cat's smile grew and yet she didn't strike just yet, she languished in the attraction of forbidden, new knowledge.

The boy though, there were things she could see. Things that linked and bound. She could see both of them and somewhere in her chest there was.. something. It irritated her though, and she frowned down at her drink for long moments. When she next looked up, another woman had made her way over and was talking to the boy now, her hip pushed out and her shirt low cut.

Feel the heat of my breath
Hear the furnace in my chest
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace
Luperci Conserje, Cocinero Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm

The door swung shut and Boone turned his wide-eyed gaze down upon the bar. He stared at the drink clasped between his hands and simply tried to process the fact that his uncle had ditched without a word. "That fucker," Boone whispered to himself in utter disbelief. Miffed as he was, Boone shrugged it aside. After all, if the opportunity arose, Boone could see himself doing the exact same thing to his uncle.

It was then that Boone was approached by a stranger. "You lookin' for a good time?" A wolfish woman rasped, leaning against the bar provocatively. Her voice was like broken glass; like sandpaper -- grating and course. She smiled and Boone could see the woman's teeth were few and far between, and those that remained: crooked. Needless to say, Boone found the woman unsightly.

Not with you, Boone thought to say, but he caught himself before he could cause an unnecessary fuss. "Not... particularly," he told her, shirking away and flippantly shrugging the woman off. He looked away and once again caught the bi-colored gaze of the redhead at the end of the bar. She was watching him. Watching her.

OOC text here.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

Italics denote french

She hid her smirk behind her glass, the wolf was not exactly a thing of beauty. Helena leaned back into her chair and watched the petty pick pockets attempt at a quick grab crash and burn most spectacularly. The wolf-woman's ears pulled back and she looked about herself in embarrassment and the beginnings of anger.

The boys eyes again met hers and she raised an eyebrow in return to his desperate plea for help. Finishing her drink the woman stood gracefully, gathering about her the folds of her clothing and strode towards them,

"My dear, I zhink zhe gentleman, 'E is not interested, Oui?" Her smile was all daggers and needles, piercing for their politeness. Composure drawn about her like a shield Helena stared and made a shoo'ing motion with her fingers at the other woman, who was quick to murmur apologies and sneak her way back to her own corner of the bar.

The Lykoi settled onto the stool next to him and her smile was decidedly less saccharine,

"I zhink you owe me, mon amie." Laughter wormed under her words and she tossed riotous hair back over her shoulder with a flick of her elegant head.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:18 pm

It was clear to Boone that the wolf woman's ego had taken a hit, and while he was young and something of an easy mark, he could not help the fact that he was utterly repulsed by the woman's sheer existence. She was taken aback, and beneath the embarrassment in her expression, Boone could see anger simmering underneath the surface. He thought to simply shoo her away with an offhanded gesture, but the red haired woman from across the bar intervened, rendering the action entirely redundant.

She spoke in a way Boone found completely unfamiliar, in some unnatural but almost rhythmic cadence. Boone found it spell-binding in a sense and he quirked his brow as the woman spoke, listening with rapt intent. The wolf woman, while she would not leave in the wake of Boone's outright rejection, left with no protest to the strange red headed woman. He wondered, what strange power did she wield here?

She was --- a more alluring specimen.

Boone breathed deep and sighed as the red haired woman sat beside him. He smelled something sweet; a perfume he couldn't quite place. "Yeah. Shit," he said. "I guess I do." Boone supposed if he were to be indebted to someone, there were certainly worse candidates. Boone tried to play it coy. "How do you suppose I pay back this, uh -- egregious debt?"

"Lemme, uh -- lemme buy you a drink." He smiled and reached into a small bag he kept with him and produced a small amount of marijuana to barter with the bartender.

OOC text here.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

ooc

His relief at a freedom from unwelcome gestures of affection was palatable to her, favors were something she collected along with her agglomeration of jewels. He turned his head and there she could see it, written in the lines of his flesh and for moments inside she was filled with irrational anger before the smothered the flames that threatened to consume her. Instead she laughed, a deep, husky thing.

He was already falling, falling.

She held him bound with spells of exotic nature, just like his father had been. But he were only a boy, what chance did he ever have. His attempts at playing the game were paper thin and amusing to see, he was attempting to play coy but Helena was the master here and her smile was knowing.

The little baggie of marijuana did catch her attention and it had been a long time since she had smoked it. Her fingers darted out and neatly plucked the packet from his grasp, she tucked it away down the bodice of her dress. "Zhis will do nicely, mon cher." Her laughter was back, sinuously stretching between them,

"Tell me, 'oo was your friend? A young man zuch as you should not be 'ere all alone. Zuch reputably dark people linger 'ere." Was it implied that she were one of the people of ill-repute, maybe or maybe not. Her gem eyes sparkled anyway.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

POSTED: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Before the bartender could even be bothered, Boone felt the little bag leave his grasp. He turned and looked at Helena with surprise and a raised brow. “Oh?” Boone nodded and light, playful smirk slowly tugged at his lips. His eyes followed the baggy down into her dress, where his gaze lingered for a moment too long. “Okay. That’s fine too.

He took the little pack he carried with him and placed it in his lap. “Lemme see if I have something to roll with,” he said before rummaging through his belongings for a dried tobacco leaf. It was mostly bits and bobs for trade, a knife, and fair amount of pot. However, when talk turned to John, Boone looked up and rolled his eyes.

The guy that just split?” Boone asked, clearly agitated by his uncles abandonment. He shrugged. “That’s John – my uncle. He calls this place Whoretown,” he explained. Looking around the bar, Boone could clearly see why. It was a ragged sort – lawless and dirty. And yet this woman was different than the other patrons. She wore signs of affluence, clothing, and smelled of a strange perfume the likes of which Boone had never smelled. Perhaps it was why he was so drawn to her. Why he willingly wriggled deeper into her web.

But I can handle myself though.” Boone’s face lit with pride and childish naiveite. He was untouchable. Invincible. Just like that time with the cart.

He produced a tobacco leaf from the pouch and offered it to the woman.

OOC text here.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

ooc

Her crocodillian smile widened as the boy was lured into staring at her chest. A tilt of her head, a sparkle let him know he was caught staring. Most young boys would blush, maybe duck their heads and be all a flutter like a disturbed hen.

Helena's fingers idly flicked back errant curls that framed her face, and as he dug into his bag Helena took a trip down memory lane. The arrogance, she was sure it didn't come from his father, Redtooth had been charming in a lackadaisical way, an odd endearing quality about him. Helena had scarcely met Vicira in her time in Inferni as either prisoner or member. It must be that, bad blood.

Uncle. It made sense of course, he looked so much like Redtooth, there was no other explanation. She raised an eyebrow and cocked her head in the direction this John had left with his female companion. Her smile never wavered though and she brought attention back to the little rooster as he preened and metaphorically strutted to show off his plumage. Claiming he could handle himself.

"I am zure you can." She made a front of looking him over, maybe there was a slight hint of doubt or was it only his imagination? She was a master of these barely, not there expressions. The game was over for him, but she was a cat to play with her food before consuming it, a fox to stalk the hen-house, he was but a naked chick wearing the feathers of his parents.

She took the tobacco from him, brushing his hand as she did so and took a deep draw from the burning blunt, exhaling with ease and even blowing a ring of the curling smoke. She looked again at the boy with a thoughtful expression, are you going to impress me at all you mediocre boy.

"Tell me, mon cherie. Where are you be coming from?" What could he tell her about Inferni's activities.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

POSTED: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 pm

The blunt was quickly and adeptly rolled with nimble fingers and was lit upon one of the candles that lined the bar before the woman took it from his hand. She took a long drag and Boone found himself quite impressed, for when he or Merari partook, neither could keep themselves from coughing. But the stranger, she took it like a champion -- a veteran. Boone was enthralled.

He folded his arms and leaned against the bar, trying to play it cool. "Oh, I'm from Inferni," he answered. A prideful smirk played across his sharp face. "The pack is my mother's. It's something of a shithole, but it will be my shithole someday." A king of dirt was still a king. He was promised this by birthright.

The land would one day be claimed by a capable leader -- a Golden God, and all would be well again.

"D'you live in the city?" Boone asked. Surely, the woman possessed more wealth than all of Inferni combined. She was a mystery: what powers did she wield? What force did she command? Boone's mind was awash with questions, but he held his tongue. Then, he extended a hand to take the blunt back.

OOC text here.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:18 am

Helena Troy Lykoi

ooc

The seductive smile curled black lips, and for Helena there was such a bitter disappointment deep in her chest. He did not compare favorably to his father, and those long played out memories of beer and laughter, rolled around as a loose cargo, upsetting whatever it brushed against. Hot sparks of anger were set alight.

She leaned forwards, a show of being interested and silken ears pulled upright, "Inferni? Ahh once upon a time, I was being a member zhere. Zhis was a long time ago." She waved her paw airily, as though such things were not worth consideration.

"A leetle royal prince then.." He was not smart enough to keep such things to himself, out here where any could hear and slit his throat for a chance at revenge or even just for fun. A slim fingered hand stretched the space between them and settled against his leg,

"Non.. I live.. elsewhere but.. I am 'aving zomewhere nearby I zleep zometimes.. would you like to zee?" She handed him back the smoke trailing blunt. It was those memories though that put the heat into her eyes, playing games of make-believe were oh so much more fun when there was another to bring along for the show.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Quartermaster
Jace

Dead Topics