ghost train

p. Rocky

POSTED: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 am

He wasn't thinking about anyone in particular as he sulked at the near-empty bar on that muggy summer afternoon. No one who used to be dorky and fun (to pick on, just fun to pick on), but was now a parody of his former self. The dog gave a huff, although almost no one was around to hear it. For effect, he gave another one, bigger this time.

"Hmph." He swirled his drink around in his hand, deciding to down it in one go. Whatever. He filled it again - and downed it again. And so it went on the slow day until he was several in, and (surprise!) feeling better than he was previously. He finally glanced up from the wooden bar and scanned the building. Mostly empty but for a few stragglers here and there, but... ah, hello. This was when he noticed a fellow member of the squad in the bar.

"ROCKY!" he boomed headily, swaggering over to the other dog to give him a loud, almost painful slap on the back. Ecstasy-orange eyes took a minute to focus on Rocky's own, and the drink that was clasped in the Blackrust's hand spilled a little bit on the ground at Biff's feet. He gave the other a toothy grin, eyes narrowing in mischief.

"Rocky, Rockster, Rockin' bockin' ... hey, man, can you change your name? S'too close to Roxy's," Biff complained.

| ###

Image Image Image
Most of Biff's threads will be labeled [Mature] due to his pottymouth and rough nature!
Bar Squad
Large and in Charge
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Rocky hadn’t even reached the 72 hour mark of parenthood and already he felt like drinking himself into oblivion. His eyelids felt heavy and his stride was lazy as he made his way to the Bar. The slender adolescent trailed behind him, trying to nip at is feet mid-step and making him stumble several times in the process.

When they finally made it to the establishment the Mexican’s knee was bloody from literally tripping over his daughter. He grumbled something along the lines of ‘behave’ before entering the gloomy place, his eyes briefly scanning the place before he made his way to the counter and his usual stool. It wasn’t long before Biff laid eyes on him and Rocky had to smile at his all too familiar antics.

”Yeh I should, what do ya suggest?” Perhaps changing his name would help keep old lovers from tracking him down. Also he was curious at what queer suggestions the Blackrust would make. At his feet Jamie began to bark, softly at first then louder, until her father looked down to meet her begging gaze. He sighed and reached inside his bag to procure a small bundle of dried meat from which he offered her a couple strips. She snatched them and began to chew happily. Food hadn’t been so accessible with her mother. She was starting to enjoy life with Rocky.

”Gimme something strong.” He said then, bracing for whatever Biff may throw at him after taking note of his daughter.

Bar Squad
Rocky Balboa
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Rocky looked tired, and it didn't take long for Biff to notice why. A tiny little pup trailed along after him, yipping and yapping and interrupting his thoughts with whines for food or whatever. Biff grinned.

"Awwww, how cute," he said obnoxiously in that sickeningly sweet tone of voice that could only be mocking. He leaned over the bar to peer down at the pup - a little girl - and give her a ferocious grin before looking back at Rocky. "I dunno, why don'cha ask her, huh?" he asked, retracting from over the bar to grab something out of the back room. Something strong? Eh - he'd pull one of the older bottles.

He set out a couple of cups and started to pour, looking up at Rocky as he did so. "Man, I think you could do 'Bob'," he said idly. "Simple. Legit. Nothing fancy," he said, finishing pouring and sliding the cup over to Rocky.

| ###

Image Image Image
Most of Biff's threads will be labeled [Mature] due to his pottymouth and rough nature!
Bar Squad
Large and in Charge
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

POSTED: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 am

He had expected the mockery, even wanted it a little. He always liked to laugh at his misfortune to make things less depressing. Having a kid couldn’t be so bad, she would grow up eventually to help him with the bar and the house right?

The scrawny girl stopped her ferocious chewing to look up at the dark male. She tilted her head in thought and finally said. “I think Rock suits him.” With that she resumed her attack on the strips of dried meat. The disgruntled father rolled his eyes and corrected. ”Rock – y” He didn’t have the greatest of names, in fact it was quite ridiculous, but he had learned to cope with it and wasn’t about to let it be made even more stupid.

”Bob huh?” He said as he reached for the glass, a smile finally sneaking in as he smelled the beverage. It took all of his strength not to wrinkle his nose. Perfect. ”Ya would know about that Biff He winked and lifted his glass inviting the Blackrust to do the same.

After a quick toast he downed his drink in one deep gulp. The familiar burn invaded his chest, so strong it made him cough. ”Holy crap, I forgot how strong this old stuff was.” A couple more and he would be positively wasted. He would really like to go there, but in the back of his mind he kept present the thought of his daughter playing at their feet, he wouldn’t be able to get lost that day, he wouldn’t do that to her.

OCC: Sorry for the long wait, rl is pounding my arse :/

Bar Squad
Rocky Balboa
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:10 pm

"Rock? Ya think it 'suits him', huh?!" Biff asked, a grin curling as the girl went back to eating, her expression about as flat as the words that were spoken. He took a swig of his drink and looked at her dad, quirking a brow in subtle mockery. "Wow, dude. She's speakin' more like a wolfsie than a dog, all serious and shit. Keep an eye on that. S'no good," he said sagely.

"And hey, man, Biff is a dignified name, passed down my family for gen-er-ations," he said, barking out a laugh. The one laugh turned into many as Rocky coughed at the alcohol, unable to down it smoothly. Just to show off, just 'cause he could, Biff downed his as well in one fell swoop, smacking his lips after. He shot Rocky a shit-eating grin.

"Softy," he said, making to jab the other dog in the chest with two fingers. "Shit like this's why the name Rocky's no good. Maybe Cloud. Or Moss." He snickered, then gestured down at the pup on the ground. "Well? What's tiny Rocky's name?"

| ###

Image Image Image
Bar Squad
Large and in Charge
Sunny
large and in charge
ain't shady baby i'm hot
like the prodigal son
HIT ME LIKE THAT SNARE

Dead Topics