To the gardens we will go . . .

Tuscany Gardens

POSTED: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:50 pm

OOC: A random thread exploring the gardens, or maybe end up becoming somethign more interesting i totally don't mind!

Now this were a sight in which the grey male had yet to see - regardless of the minor fact in which any and all lingering remains of what were once belonging to humans from long ago had become overgrown and reclaimed by the land around them or otherwise crumbled from age and general decay - the remains of what Ares had come to presume had been an extensive gardens of sorts with the sculptures dotted around and covered in greenery got him intrigued. Though fully aware that these beings from before had to some degree built somewhat impressive structures, all this that lay around him . . . . . . all this had a certain amount of elegance to it all despite time having over run the place. It were not the sort of thing in which Ares would normally admire but there were always times in which would surprise himself and take time to appreciate it for a time; though it were just a shame that the splotched stallion that had accompained him thus far did not appreciate the outing.

An ear flicked upright as the crouching male canine allowed his olive gaze to lift up from where he had been observing what he could assume had once been - and to some degree still was - a pond and coming to lock upon the face of the stallion in which had come slowly steppping towards him and exhale a breath upon his canine equivalant's head. "Yes alright Arte, I get the idea. You want to go somewhere else, just wait a while longer." Ares spoke softly, running fingers gently over the stallions nose before gradually standing up fully.

Well, if his time were going to be somewhat limited here to explore this place then he would certainly take as much time as he needed and if he wished come back another time and ensure Arte were suitably distracted for him to do such a thing. Until then he had every intention of enjoying and taking note of as much as he could this time so he could in turn focus upon those the next time round.

Ares will usually be in his Optime form and will often be seen wearing a clear quartz arrowhead necklace unless otherwise stated.
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 am

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

Another Mistwalker padded through the gardens this afternoon, but the elfen fae was present for far different reasons than the ashen male. Valeria had taken on a huge project the day she presented the Nightstag with the flax seeds and promised she could turn them into a lucrative crop, and though it was heavy work she was determined to prove herself both to the leader and to the pack. Her crop of flax was almost two months old and about as many feet high. The ideal harvest time was about six to eight weeks away, but Valeria knew from experience that it would be here before she knew it, so she must be prepared early. Unfortunately, the search for the necessary tools was not going well. She had appealed to her pack mates for help, as well as traveling merchants and trade posts, but some of the items she needed were so special they would have to be hand made, and in order to be hand made she would need to find a good craftsman who could make an effective tool based off of a description and a poor drawing by yours truly. If she could at least get the right harvesting equipment she could at least strip the plants of their fiber and then worry about spinning the fiber into linen at another time, the strands would keep until then.

A spinning wheel... that was a whole other ballgame...

Don't worry yourself about that yet, Valeria, she thought to herself. If she couldn't acquire this fabled spinning wheel she would figure something out.

The gardener shook her head softly, her loose braid pummeling her back as it flopped around unceremoniously. Strands of her chocolate brown hair had come loose and dangled about her face, giving her a look that was as frazzled as she felt. Being within the lands of her pack, she didn't bother with keeping her steps quiet, though she was light and graceful by nature her paws still crunched on the gravel of the old, overgrown garden path. Frequently, the woman wandered off the regular path into what was once a planter or other collection, now just a tombstone for beauty. She was looking for tools that might be useful with her flax crop, but much to her dismay these old Tuscan gardens had been picked over long ago.

Flustered, she was about to give up when she saw a splintered handle sticking out of some vines. Narrowing her sapphire eyes, she left the path once more to clutch the curious piece of wood. It was rough and aged, but she could see entangled in the vines was the rusty old tines of a rake... and not one of those fragile tin things, either. This was good old craftsmanship - despite its age and rust, it would still be good for use.

Valeria tugged on the handle but nature had claimed the rake and held it fast. She gave it a few more yanks to no avail, then finally drew in a deep breath and heaved with all her might. The thing gave way and the young Elkenfrey was sent sprawling backwards, barely able to work her feet fast enough to keep from somersaulting over. The only thing that stopped her was Oohf! she smacked into something soft and fleshy...

ooc She could be running into him, or his horse, or whatever. | [wc — 500+] template by hilli

Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Such a shame that along with this place being generally overrun by plant life and the sort - which was naturally inevitable given the circumstances - all the potential usable tools and other items that may have been long since plundered or simply rotted away due to the construction of such things. Who knows what use such things could have provided the mistwalkers should anyone have decided to put their minds to such activities that involved the working of plents, but then again it mattered little - there were always alternative ways to deal with things and those who could also to varying degrees create another option to suit an individuals needs.

Or maybe he were simply just over thinking this, such was a habit of his on occasion. A faint amused smile tugged at the corners of his maw briefly as paws slowly padded along what now passed as a pathway through the gardens, while olive eyes lazily wandered vaguely to his immediate surroundings while a gentle hand rested lightly upon the stallion who had made a point of wandering abreast of the luperci. Well, it would be good to have that reassurance that should the grey male stumble through his own inattention Arte would be there to ensure little if any harm would come to him.

And boy wasn't he to be grateful for such a seemingly small thing as this.
For all it were to take was for Ares' gaze to be turned away in a direction that made him - for the most part - oblivious to any other who may have been around, it were here that the small but forceful being crashed into Ares before he in turn stumbled into the horse. A muffled woof of air erupting from the grey male and a whinney of surprise from the speckled stallion at the unexpected weight colliding with it, swaying slightly to adjust and head turning to cast eyes over the pair at it's side as Ares extended his free arm to ensure the - female? - that had collided with him were steady as concern filled features looked over her for a time.

"You alright there? Hope whatever it is was worth it." The grey male spoke in both a quizzical and attempted cheery manner.

Ares will usually be in his Optime form and will often be seen wearing a clear quartz arrowhead necklace unless otherwise stated.
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 pm

The elfen fae let out a yelp of surprise as the rake was suddenly loosed from the vines, and she went flying backwards with all the momentum with which she had tugged. She could barely keep herself standing upright, pumping her feet back as fast as she could to keep from somersaulting to the ground, but in the end she still managed to smash into something. The air whooshed out of her as her back hit something warm and furry, who in turn bumped into another creature’s flank. She was covered in dust and green plant stains from the folly, and it took a moment to clear the dust from her head as the physical dust cleared, as well.

Someone’s arms were around her… not quite like a lover or anything, but still somebody had hold of her. At least she knew she was safe in her pack lands. Still, the fae bristled with shock and embarrassment, and soon she straightened her back and swiveled to peer at the chrome male, her own jewel-like eyes round and bright.

My stars, I’m so sorry, she apologized quickly, looking entirely humiliated. Even the proud woman’s tail was tucked pretty low right now. She took a step back and a tawny hand brushed the man’s chest. Oh, I’m afraid I’ve gotten you all messy. I’m sorry, she repeated her apology.

He asked how she was and made a gesture toward whatever tool it was she’d salvaged. Yes, I am okay… but I’m not sure if my pride will ever recover, she admitted. Then her blue eyes turned to peer at the splintered wooden handle in her hands, and dismayed, she let out another whine. Oh! It broke! Frustrated, she tossed the broken handle into the dirt. Her eyes followed her trail of destruction to the rusty rake head – the old tin tines were still entwined in vines of morning glory and jasmine. She had never hated those flowers more.

I guess that’s what I get for trying to yank that rake out of the bushes without properly cutting them back first, she said in frustration, then turned her eyes back to Ares. I don’t think we’ve met, though we’ve gotten to know each other pretty well now- she managed a soft chortle. My name is Valeria Redpaw, house Elkenfrey. You?

ooc She could be running into him, or his horse, or whatever. | [wc — 500+] template by hilli

Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 am

Although for many reasons Ares was more than eager to release his grasp upon the smaller female after her little tumble there were the alternative in which he wanted to be absolutely certain that she were not about to tumble any further than what she already had. For if nothing else he would have truly felt deeply guilty for having allowed such an event to occur if in turn the grey male had been able to prevent it from occuring. Of course her general reaction and demeanour towards his own actions did not go entirely unnoticed, his arms were carefully removed briefly remaining close just to be certain the smaller fae were not about to tumble further through his own mistake of being too fast in retracting the unasked help he had offered.

A smile were swiftly put into place for when the female turned to face him ready to dismiss her apology especially as it were in turn something that were for the most part were beyond her control. "It is alright, better you had a soft landing than you coming to any harm." he soothed, any trace of irritation or other negetivity that some may have felt about such an event clear from his voice before a chuckle escaped him at the reference to his current state. "It's fine, no doubt an improvement."

The faintest flicker of sympathy filled the male's features at the mention not of her mildly damaged pride for there were no doubt that would recover in time but of the broken slender piece of wood that had caused her the trouble to start with before olive eyes shifted to the piece in which remained firmly fixed in place and no doubt had hoped to be tugged free along with the now discarded handle. "But think of it this way though - could have caused yourself more harm if it had been tugged free and still taken a tumble. Who knows what may have happened then." Naturally there were always that chance the male could be wrong in this but all the same it were not worth thinking about and thinking the worst.

"A pleasure to meet you Valeria. I am Ares Knight of house Hawkesond, this is Arte." the charchoal male offered cheerily, dipping his head in both politeness and awknowledgement momennts before the stallion who up until then had simply been watching the pair extended his muzzle and nostrils flared visibly to more fully study this being that had alarmed his so.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:33 pm

A soft chortle burbled from her throat as he mentioned how far more catastrophic it would have been if she had taken that tumble with the rake still in hand. She nodded in agreement. That's true. I guess I need to be more careful, she admitted. Then came the introductions, and she smiled warmly at him as he returned his name after she told him her own, giving Arte a hearty scratch on the shoulder, too. After they dispensed with the pleasantries, she turned disappointed eyes back to the old, ruined gardens.

I'm just so frustrated, the elf sighed out. I need so many tools before my flax field is ready for harvest, and I'm running out of time. The flax processing itself needs a lot of specialty tools, those are going to be really hard to come up with. I thought that maybe the gardening tools wouldn't be such a problem, but any time I come across something, it's so old and rotten that something like this happens. To punctuate her displeasure, she kicked the old rake handle. She didn't mean to lay all her problems out on Ares the moment they met, but still, she was. I promised Calia and the pack that I could do some really special work with that flax. She gave me a plot of land outside of Winterwynd for it and everything... The woman was just dejected, deflating with each word. It was very important to her to prove herself, to show that she was worthy of the goodwill the pack had kindly bestowed upon her, and so far it looked like she was slated to fail.

She ran a hand through her messy tresses simply to have something to do with them, and that was when she felt the painful prickle in her hand. Ouch! the word was more a doggish yelp than a spoken exclamation. She pulled her hand from her hair and peered at it, spying the evil looking black splinter that pierced the delicate pad on her palm. She licked at it but it did no good, the thing was really in there. Just what I need...

ooc | [wc — 300+] template by hilli

Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:32 am

Now Ares felt a certain amount of guilt for what he had said; if nothing else his intention had not been to imply that the female before him needed to be more careful. But rather than apologize there were hopefully some other alternative way for him to assure her that there were no reason for her to be so worried about such a thing, though before he could even come up with anything did the stallion gently nudge the female's hand as she drew it away.

Even before Ares had even considered just what he could offer in way of reassurance or anything else did he become silent as eyes and ears focused intently upon Valeria as she spoke of what her intentions had been in regards to why she had been attempting to free the tool that had led to their unexpected meeting with the other and in turn the reasons for trying to free it. The more that Ares listened the more interested he became in what she were speaking of, even if there were the faintest flicker of concern and sympathy forming upon his features all the while before being equally as quickly being replaced with a look of thought as his gaze wandered between the female, the old and rotten discarded handle and the metal rake head that were still tangled within it's resting place. "Well maybe can find a way around that? I mean, that metal part is fine it's just the handle that needs replacing - maybe I can try help you with that? I mean, it can't be too hard to carve a long enough handle to fit it and do the same for some other tools you need? Won't be perfect but will do the job alright hopefully." Ares offered thoughtfully and mildly uncertainly, turning his quizzical gaze back to Valeria as he spoke his offer. Well if she did not wish to take him up on the offer then that was fine but at at least he could truly say that he ad tried at the very least.

This offer was pushed from his mind for a time at the yelp of pain from the smaller female, puzzled buy what could be wrong before a flicker of understanding upon spotting the splinter as she examined her hand in turn. Pity filling his features before exntending an upturned hand in something of a kindly manner as he looked between her hand and face, if his intentions were not clear his next words simply confirmed it. "May I? Did you want some help with getting that out?"

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:48 pm

He made a good suggestion, but that conversation was on hold for a moment while they dealt with the stabbing pain in her hand. She was peering down at her pink pad, and he offered to help. Ears perked, and she looked up at him, then nodded slowly. Please, she said, holding her hand out to him. The splinter had, of course, lodged into her dominant hand and would be tricky to extricate by herself. She knew when to accept help, and when to deny it. This was a little thing, and help was fine.

As he inspected her hand, or whatever his next move was, she returned to the idea of fixing up the gardening equipment. Her ears perked, in fact all of her did, making her hand wiggle and probably hindering his inspection of the splinter. That would be great! she chirped. I mean, putting the tools back together. I'm really in need of some more tools, and if I don't have the right things by the time harvest time comes, I'm screwed. I'm already a little practiced at making spears, I doubt making a rake handle is going to be much different. Maybe a little skinnier? I don't know. My only problem is, I don't know how it fixes to the head of the rake... if you do, then I think we've got a pretty good team.

Her eyes clouded over while she thought for a moment. Perhaps we could scavenge a few other tools here and make new handles for all of them, make them like-new. I could use a new trowel and a hoe, at the very least.

ooc | [wc — 200+] template by hilli

Nukiira
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Only when permission for his help with the thorn was granted did Ares pause a few seconds longer to ensure that Valeria was certain before in time grasping her hand in his in order to keep it steady while narrowed olive orbs strutinized the thorn for several moments before thumb and forefinger from his other hand gently grasp the end in which stuck out from the female's hand. "Then please forgive me, I won't lie - this will hurt" After all, lying would have been a pointless endeavour especially when as soon as Ares had finished speaking he tugged the thorn from the fleshy pad and just as swiftly relasing his grasp upon Valeria's hand to allow her to tend to her injured hand in her own way.

Only after he had done this did Ares focus his attention back upon the female and listen to all that she had to say in regards to the issues in which she were having in regards to locating the correct tools for the purpose in which she needed - namely to tend to this flax in which were growing so that she could do whatever she wished to do with it at a later date - his mind making attempts at considering just how best to either suggest a solution to the problems in which she were facing, occasionally ofering a thoughtful nod as he listened. "Your probably right aboutt he rake, it does look enough like a spear to make things easier, just needs to be a little stronger to do what you need of it. . . . " It were a bit of an assumption on that part but after allowing himself to have wandered over the handle that had once been attached to the metal rake head that were still tangled within the weeds and such.

"As for fixing it back onto the rake head . . . . . well sure we can find a way. Maybe attach it using a strip of leather or soemthing like that? Not so much that it will affect what you need it it for but strong enough it won't break? Or some other way." Ares spoke thoughtfully, head tilting to one side as he spoke before withdrawing into silence in order to contemplate the possibilities of this working.
"That would be the best thing - if their anything like this then the handle's would have rotted away or been badly damaged by now. Your wish is my command, at least as much as can help with." he added cheerily.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:34 pm

She couldn't help herself, the softest of whimpers came from her throat as he plucked the splinter out of her sensitive pad. The sound was a vestige of the animal her ancestors once were, but the more intelligent part of her could deal with the sudden pain better than an old wolf ancestor, for she knew what and why it was. After her hand was free, she stuck the offended finger in her mouth to lick off the blood and then left it to air dry, the tiny injury a nuisance, but soon forgotten.

Hm... she muttered thoughtfully. She wasn't sure how just a strip of leather would hold the head on a rake, but the thought was a start. Or, maybe we can find something that's still in good enough condition to tell how it was made. Most of the tools made by the craftsmen of her tribe had been fashioned entirely out of wood, the salvaged metal items here were quite foreign to her, and their construction was different than what she had known. Still, the two of them were clever, and together they might be able to reverse-engineer the tool attachments.

Lets see what we can find, and then if you like we can go back to my field and work on them there? There is shade, and I have some materials stored there, it would have been better to have a small shed, but instead by “stored materials” she meant some things out in the open, others sitting in a round wicker basket which she hoped no one would steal – but as this was the Vale, the things had been pretty safe so far. I could probably put together something for us to eat, as a thank-you. Maybe your friend there, she gestured toward the horse, can help us carry things back if we get too much to handle ourselves. With that, and with the two of them on board, Valeria began to search the gardens for more discarded tools. Obviously anything left out in the open, in plain sight, would have been taken to use as a tool or a weapon long ago. Valeria searched in the less obvious places; beneath bushes and twisted up in vines.

ooc | [wc — 300+] template by hilli

Nukiira
Luperci

Dead Topics