To the gardens we will go . . .

Tuscany Gardens

POSTED: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:50 pm

OOC: A random thread exploring the gardens, or maybe end up becoming somethign more interesting i totally don't mind!

Now this were a sight in which the grey male had yet to see - regardless of the minor fact in which any and all lingering remains of what were once belonging to humans from long ago had become overgrown and reclaimed by the land around them or otherwise crumbled from age and general decay - the remains of what Ares had come to presume had been an extensive gardens of sorts with the sculptures dotted around and covered in greenery got him intrigued. Though fully aware that these beings from before had to some degree built somewhat impressive structures, all this that lay around him . . . . . . all this had a certain amount of elegance to it all despite time having over run the place. It were not the sort of thing in which Ares would normally admire but there were always times in which would surprise himself and take time to appreciate it for a time; though it were just a shame that the splotched stallion that had accompained him thus far did not appreciate the outing.

An ear flicked upright as the crouching male canine allowed his olive gaze to lift up from where he had been observing what he could assume had once been - and to some degree still was - a pond and coming to lock upon the face of the stallion in which had come slowly steppping towards him and exhale a breath upon his canine equivalant's head. "Yes alright Arte, I get the idea. You want to go somewhere else, just wait a while longer." Ares spoke softly, running fingers gently over the stallions nose before gradually standing up fully.

Well, if his time were going to be somewhat limited here to explore this place then he would certainly take as much time as he needed and if he wished come back another time and ensure Arte were suitably distracted for him to do such a thing. Until then he had every intention of enjoying and taking note of as much as he could this time so he could in turn focus upon those the next time round.

Ares will usually be in his Optime form and will often be seen wearing a clear quartz arrowhead necklace unless otherwise stated.
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 am

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

Another Mistwalker padded through the gardens this afternoon, but the elfen fae was present for far different reasons than the ashen male. Valeria had taken on a huge project the day she presented the Nightstag with the flax seeds and promised she could turn them into a lucrative crop, and though it was heavy work she was determined to prove herself both to the leader and to the pack. Her crop of flax was almost two months old and about as many feet high. The ideal harvest time was about six to eight weeks away, but Valeria knew from experience that it would be here before she knew it, so she must be prepared early. Unfortunately, the search for the necessary tools was not going well. She had appealed to her pack mates for help, as well as traveling merchants and trade posts, but some of the items she needed were so special they would have to be hand made, and in order to be hand made she would need to find a good craftsman who could make an effective tool based off of a description and a poor drawing by yours truly. If she could at least get the right harvesting equipment she could at least strip the plants of their fiber and then worry about spinning the fiber into linen at another time, the strands would keep until then.

A spinning wheel... that was a whole other ballgame...

Don't worry yourself about that yet, Valeria, she thought to herself. If she couldn't acquire this fabled spinning wheel she would figure something out.

The gardener shook her head softly, her loose braid pummeling her back as it flopped around unceremoniously. Strands of her chocolate brown hair had come loose and dangled about her face, giving her a look that was as frazzled as she felt. Being within the lands of her pack, she didn't bother with keeping her steps quiet, though she was light and graceful by nature her paws still crunched on the gravel of the old, overgrown garden path. Frequently, the woman wandered off the regular path into what was once a planter or other collection, now just a tombstone for beauty. She was looking for tools that might be useful with her flax crop, but much to her dismay these old Tuscan gardens had been picked over long ago.

Flustered, she was about to give up when she saw a splintered handle sticking out of some vines. Narrowing her sapphire eyes, she left the path once more to clutch the curious piece of wood. It was rough and aged, but she could see entangled in the vines was the rusty old tines of a rake... and not one of those fragile tin things, either. This was good old craftsmanship - despite its age and rust, it would still be good for use.

Valeria tugged on the handle but nature had claimed the rake and held it fast. She gave it a few more yanks to no avail, then finally drew in a deep breath and heaved with all her might. The thing gave way and the young Elkenfrey was sent sprawling backwards, barely able to work her feet fast enough to keep from somersaulting over. The only thing that stopped her was Oohf! she smacked into something soft and fleshy...

ooc She could be running into him, or his horse, or whatever. | [wc — 500+] template by hilli
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nukiira
Luperci Mate to Theo

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Such a shame that along with this place being generally overrun by plant life and the sort - which was naturally inevitable given the circumstances - all the potential usable tools and other items that may have been long since plundered or simply rotted away due to the construction of such things. Who knows what use such things could have provided the mistwalkers should anyone have decided to put their minds to such activities that involved the working of plents, but then again it mattered little - there were always alternative ways to deal with things and those who could also to varying degrees create another option to suit an individuals needs.

Or maybe he were simply just over thinking this, such was a habit of his on occasion. A faint amused smile tugged at the corners of his maw briefly as paws slowly padded along what now passed as a pathway through the gardens, while olive eyes lazily wandered vaguely to his immediate surroundings while a gentle hand rested lightly upon the stallion who had made a point of wandering abreast of the luperci. Well, it would be good to have that reassurance that should the grey male stumble through his own inattention Arte would be there to ensure little if any harm would come to him.

And boy wasn't he to be grateful for such a seemingly small thing as this.
For all it were to take was for Ares' gaze to be turned away in a direction that made him - for the most part - oblivious to any other who may have been around, it were here that the small but forceful being crashed into Ares before he in turn stumbled into the horse. A muffled woof of air erupting from the grey male and a whinney of surprise from the speckled stallion at the unexpected weight colliding with it, swaying slightly to adjust and head turning to cast eyes over the pair at it's side as Ares extended his free arm to ensure the - female? - that had collided with him were steady as concern filled features looked over her for a time.

"You alright there? Hope whatever it is was worth it." The grey male spoke in both a quizzical and attempted cheery manner.

Ares will usually be in his Optime form and will often be seen wearing a clear quartz arrowhead necklace unless otherwise stated.
Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

The elfen fae let out a yelp of surprise as the rake was suddenly loosed from the vines, and she went flying backwards with all the momentum with which she had tugged. She could barely keep herself standing upright, pumping her feet back as fast as she could to keep from somersaulting to the ground, but in the end she still managed to smash into something. The air whooshed out of her as her back hit something warm and furry, who in turn bumped into another creature’s flank. She was covered in dust and green plant stains from the folly, and it took a moment to clear the dust from her head as the physical dust cleared, as well.

Someone’s arms were around her… not quite like a lover or anything, but still somebody had hold of her. At least she knew she was safe in her pack lands. Still, the fae bristled with shock and embarrassment, and soon she straightened her back and swiveled to peer at the chrome male, her own jewel-like eyes round and bright.

My stars, I’m so sorry, she apologized quickly, looking entirely humiliated. Even the proud woman’s tail was tucked pretty low right now. She took a step back and a tawny hand brushed the man’s chest. Oh, I’m afraid I’ve gotten you all messy. I’m sorry, she repeated her apology.

He asked how she was and made a gesture toward whatever tool it was she’d salvaged. Yes, I am okay… but I’m not sure if my pride will ever recover, she admitted. Then her blue eyes turned to peer at the splintered wooden handle in her hands, and dismayed, she let out another whine. Oh! It broke! Frustrated, she tossed the broken handle into the dirt. Her eyes followed her trail of destruction to the rusty rake head – the old tin tines were still entwined in vines of morning glory and jasmine. She had never hated those flowers more.

I guess that’s what I get for trying to yank that rake out of the bushes without properly cutting them back first, she said in frustration, then turned her eyes back to Ares. I don’t think we’ve met, though we’ve gotten to know each other pretty well now- she managed a soft chortle. My name is Valeria Redpaw, house Elkenfrey. You?

ooc She could be running into him, or his horse, or whatever. | [wc — 500+] template by hilli
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nukiira
Luperci Mate to Theo

Mistfell Vale