Because I couldn't think of that

Ondine

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

ooc

The vial was tipped back and forth in her fingers. From the flickering light of her torch she could see the seeds as they rolled back and forth with her movements. The dog woman's ears flicked and her tongue ran across sharp teeth, pondering. The musty, dank scent of the storage room filled her nose and made her cough slightly; Dust motes danced in the thin streaks of light.

Helena put back the vial of mustard seeds and turned to grasp her linen wrapped charcoal, writing something down on the collected stack of paper with a slight frown. From behind the ones filled with her own meticulous record keeping there was another with more elaborate hand and this she perused for several minutes, following the curves of the inky lines. Tomorrow she would meet him, in Amherst.

Many Salsolan scents were jumbled together enough that she could not get a handle on whomever was taking the seeds slowly, day by day - along with a few other things that were missing that should not be.

Feel the heat of my breath
Hear the furnace in my chest
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Arbiter
Jace
Luperci Conserje Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Maybe all of these things made me who I am

Far too long she had not contributed anything good to the stores of herbs and things for Salsola. The winter season was not kind and she was tight-fisted with her willow bark and teas. It was too strong a remedy to simply let lay around, for anyone unlearned in the ways could easily kill themselves with excessive consumption. No, she dosed it herself and if anyone wanted to do it themselves without knowing what to do, she would have no part of it.

Instead, Ondine came with a great big sackcloth bag filled with dried spearmint. The odor was strong, fresh, and clean. She inhaled it deeply, loving the minty aroma that reminded her so much of a home freshly strewn with the herb. It always made everything just seem so much better and so much cleaner. Where the attitude and aptitude for neatness came from, she had no clue. Perhaps, it was just a remnant of Kaoru's presence lingering on.

But the shed was not empty. No, it was definitely not empty. Ondine furrowed her brows at the form, then came up behind her slowly, recognizing both the pelt and the smell, though it brought her no joy.

"What are you doing, Helena?" she asked flatly, brow raising as she clung to the bag of mint.

let's make jace suffer

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Seer
Gen
Luperci Curandera Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

Italics denote french

Noise from outside turned her head, capturing attention from her own internal musings. The heady aroma of spearmint invaded and overwhelmed the dusty space of the storage shed along with the dancing scent of the Seer. Of course talk was rampant of the lovely Ondine's exploits and another two children that were apparently now legitimized, too bad that did not erase the original stain of bastardy.

Truthfully Helena did not overly care much, whatever the Valentine's arguments with Till were had nothing at all to do with the Lykoi heiress, at least in her opinion.

So she smiled and nodded respectfully, "Seer, 'Ow nice to zee you." She jotted down one last thought upon her paper and ignored the less than enthusiastic tone, answering with gracious enthusiasm,

"Why, my Job of course. As Conserje I am responsible for overseeing zhe storage and stock. Keeping lists and notes, all zhat fun things." She shrugged and then a thoughtful expression lighted her face,

"You are adding spearmint.. 'Ow much, my dear? Anyzhing else either?" She poised with her charcoal pencil, ready to add a number to the new spearmint in its neat row.

Feel the heat of my breath
Hear the furnace in my chest
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Arbiter
Jace
Luperci Conserje Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Maybe all of these things made me who I am

Helena answered jovially, as though unperturbed by her less than warm greeting and question. Ondine sighed, letting her shoulders relax and sag, the herb dropping from her chest to lay lightly upon her arm. The bundles were dried and tied with fibrous sinew, easily made and found from any hunt. Her son had certainly provided plenty for her use, though he had quietly gifted them in the middle of the night, like the sneak that he was.

Her lips twitched into a smile without thinking, mostly because thoughts of her family warmed her heart. It was a quiet sort of happiness that she had not thought she'd achieve, even if her eldest son was on his own and up to his neck in his own sorts of mischief. He would figure out, mostly because he simply had to.

"Well, I suppose someone ought to do that," she replied, shuffling the herbs from one arm to the other, before skirting a little around Helena to deposit it onto the shelf where the herbs usually were. Her smile faded a little; it seemed as though the storage area needed some much needed attention.

"Two bundles," replied the Seer vaguely as she stared into the shadows. "It seems we've used up quite a bit, don't you think, Arbiter?" There was no suspicion in her voice, for usage was going to vary from time to time, especially after a long winter. But Helena was closer to the stores than most and would have known better than the rest what should and should not have been taken.

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Seer
Gen
Luperci Curandera Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

Salsola