The bridges I have burned to light my way back home

CdC Diplomacy!

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 am

CdC Diplomacy Event wrote:Trade goods with a member of a different pack!

I am not a stranger to the dark.
"Hide away," they say,
"We don't want your broken parts"

The massive beast padded through the streets of Amherst. He was enormous, especially now that he stood in his enormous Optime form. He was wearing a light blue buttoned down shirt and a pair of loose pants. He had a multitude of accessories in his mane, four necklaces around his neck, and four bracelets as well as bandages around his forearms. The male carried a satchel that seemed full and he had a pair of birds on his shoulders.

Iorek had been making an effort to get out of Casa di Cavalieri once had finished his lessons with his new apprentice, Nayavota. He wasn't sure about taking her out of the safety of pack lands, especially because he didn't know what Jace would do to him if the girl came back with even a scratch. But, Luca wanted the pack to be more diplomatic so the beast headed towards the city of Amherst to see if he could foster good relations between packs via trading. He had done trades before and he believed all that he needed was to be able to tell the value of objects. And the wolfdog thought that he could make a good trade.

The massive medic padded through the dilapidated streets, his satchel full of items. The beast brought items he had scavenged such as bangles, rings, and any jewelry he didn't think was useful to him. There were also jewelry he had also managed to craft as well as some herbal remedies that he had gathered himself since the beast would never take from the pack's own stores. The male also brought a couple of objects he had managed to find on his scavenging trips such as an old dagger that he had managed to clean. The feral nurse looked around for somewhere to set up.

The brown behemoth found a place at the steps of a building. He decided this would be a fine place to set up and sat down and pulled out the objects he wanted to trade. The few bangles, rings, and necklaces he had found were set up in the front. Then the jewelry he had managed to make, including some necklaces he had made from stringing cord through things like rings, small animal skulls, and old pendants he found. There were also some bracelets he had also managed to make as well. On the top stair were the other things he brought such as the old dagger, some metal scraps, the round things that the beast learned were called "coins", and some animal pelts that Riley had helped him with.

Once the vermilion-eyed Valiant finished setting up all of his items, he sat down next to them. Birdflower and Druzy kept an eye out for others as they perched on the stone that bordered the stairs. The beast waited for a bit to see if someone would come across him since he found it easier than going up to someone. The crimson-eyed Cavalier hoped he wouldn't be waiting for long

Optime | Day | Summer | Amherst
Looking for pack members from different packs to trade with!
Casa di Cavalieri
Valiant
(Online)
Silverfrost
Luperci Healer; Groundskeeper The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

It wasn't often that Reblin struck out from Cour des Miracles, but he had wanted to visit Biff's Bar again and maybe check in on that sad lady he had seen there before. The rule at the bar, he remembered, was that he would need to bring an item of trade if he wanted any drinks after his first, and so the burly wolfdog brought an assortment of small things he thought would do well enough to trade for booze.

Not that Reblin intended to drink much. In fact, the Comte had learned that there was a threshold beyond which he did not like to cross when he came to alcohol. After he did cross it, he got all tongue-tied and wobbly and spinny-headed. The experience stopped being fun and was definitely not pleasant, especially not afterwards, when the drunkenness wore off and he was left with a pounding head and a stomachache.

Adjusting the strap of the sack that he had borrowed from Thyri, Reblin passed through Amherst with a ebullient smile on his face and an obvious pep in his step. As he rounded the corner, the behemoth figure of a familiar ally caught his attention and the Courtier stopped. "Iorek? Hey!" he called, his curled tail wagging cheerfully against his back as he approached the Cavalier. He recalled memories from the event that their respective packs had held for them: a snowball fight, a poetry reading, a ball. It was at this even that Reblin had first met Iorek.

"What are you doin' here?" Reblin asked, slowing as he neared the steps. The items that the giant had laid out drew his eyes downwards and he regarded them with a canted head. "And what's all this stuff?" Tentatively, he reached out one of his hands to poke at a skull.

OOC: Reblin won't have much of anything interesting, probably just some seashells and old buttons and junk like that. But maybe it'll be enough to trade for something. :D

[WC — 308]

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:24 am

Iorek
I won't just survive, Oh, you will see me thrive
Optime | Summer | Amherst
Sounds perfect! The skull is on a cord and is probably small
WORD COUNT

Iorek didn't have to wait long before someone came across him. He had just sat down when Birdflower made a sound of alarm. Well, not an alarm-alarm but more of announcing that someone was coming. Judging by the bird's call, the person was probably not a stranger since then the call would be much different. That was good since the beast didn't know how the trading would go, especially with a stranger from a pack he had little to no knowledge of. And then a familiar scent was carried by the wind and brought the smell of the Court to the wolfdog. Reblin.

The feral nurse looked up as his name was called by the yellow-eyed male and gave a slight nod towards him as a sign of greeting, since that was one of the few ways he knew. The piebald male came up to him and he immediately began asking questions. The beast didn't mind as he was used to such thing. The two had met at the event preceding the masquerade, the snowball fight where the two had been opponents. And then they were dance partners later on. The hybrid gave the other a welcoming smile as he came close and then the massive medic moved on to answer the multi-colored male's questions.

C-Casa d-di C-Cavalieri w-was e-encouraged t-to b-be m-more d-diplomatic b-by L-Luca. The vermilion-eyed Valiant replied. He knew the Court and the knights were allies so he guessed it would be fine to tell the Courier this. S-So I-I c-came h-here w-with s-some o-of m-my s-stuff t-to t-trade. He added and then noticed how the man's eyes were drawn to one of the necklaces he had made from skulls. And then the scarlet-eyed beast saw the man reached out to poke at one of the skulls. He did consider letting him have it, though that satchel looked like it had something. Wh-What d-do y-you h-have? The crimson-eyed Cavalier asked bluntly.

Template by Andi | Manip by Songbird
Casa di Cavalieri
Valiant
(Online)
Silverfrost
Luperci Healer; Groundskeeper The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence

POSTED: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 am

There was the sounding of birdcry but Reblin ignored it. His sights were pointedly on Iorek as he stepped forward, a grin on his face and light in his pale eyes. And extrovert through and through, the Comte loved to make new friendships and he never hesitated to fortify what relationships he had already made. He lived to be social. It was a stroke of luck, therefore, to find an old acquaintance in Amherst. His tail kept up its cheerful cadence as he approached the massive Cavalier.

As Iorek spoke, his voice choppy from his stutters, Reblin looked over the items before him. Sticking out the claw of his index finger, the Courtier poked at the tiny skull on a cord before retracting the claw again and drawing back his arm. He glanced up at the bear-like wolf and grinned sheepishly. "Oh, um..." he began, straightening and swinging his satchel around to his front. Reblin slipped one hand inside the sack and scooped up the items within, sticking his tongue out the whole time as though this required great concentration.

When he retrieved his hand from the shallow depths of the satchel, his fist was closed around the contents. He pushed it out toward Iorek and withdrew his fingers from around the items resting in his palm. "I think I missed a couple things," he said. "But this is most of what I got."

Sitting in the cushion of his padded palm, Reblin presented Iorek with a couple of differently-shaped seashells, a large plastic button with an elaborate design, and a few shards of sea glass. "I found them on the shoreline in the Court. Cool, huh?" They were terribly common but Reblin thought that they'd be enough to buy him a drink. Whether they were enough to trade for one of Ioreks items, however, was yet to be seen.

[WC — 313]

Cour des Miracles
Comte
Mandi
Luperci

Sticks and Stones