The bridges I have burned to light my way back home

CdC Diplomacy!

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 am

CdC Diplomacy Event wrote:Trade goods with a member of a different pack!

I am not a stranger to the dark.
"Hide away," they say,
"We don't want your broken parts"

The massive beast padded through the streets of Amherst. He was enormous, especially now that he stood in his enormous Optime form. He was wearing a light blue buttoned down shirt and a pair of loose pants. He had a multitude of accessories in his mane, four necklaces around his neck, and four bracelets as well as bandages around his forearms. The male carried a satchel that seemed full and he had a pair of birds on his shoulders.

Iorek had been making an effort to get out of Casa di Cavalieri once had finished his lessons with his new apprentice, Nayavota. He wasn't sure about taking her out of the safety of pack lands, especially because he didn't know what Jace would do to him if the girl came back with even a scratch. But, Luca wanted the pack to be more diplomatic so the beast headed towards the city of Amherst to see if he could foster good relations between packs via trading. He had done trades before and he believed all that he needed was to be able to tell the value of objects. And the wolfdog thought that he could make a good trade.

The massive medic padded through the dilapidated streets, his satchel full of items. The beast brought items he had scavenged such as bangles, rings, and any jewelry he didn't think was useful to him. There were also jewelry he had also managed to craft as well as some herbal remedies that he had gathered himself since the beast would never take from the pack's own stores. The male also brought a couple of objects he had managed to find on his scavenging trips such as an old dagger that he had managed to clean. The feral nurse looked around for somewhere to set up.

The brown behemoth found a place at the steps of a building. He decided this would be a fine place to set up and sat down and pulled out the objects he wanted to trade. The few bangles, rings, and necklaces he had found were set up in the front. Then the jewelry he had managed to make, including some necklaces he had made from stringing cord through things like rings, small animal skulls, and old pendants he found. There were also some bracelets he had also managed to make as well. On the top stair were the other things he brought such as the old dagger, some metal scraps, the round things that the beast learned were called "coins", and some animal pelts that Riley had helped him with.

Once the vermilion-eyed Valiant finished setting up all of his items, he sat down next to them. Birdflower and Druzy kept an eye out for others as they perched on the stone that bordered the stairs. The beast waited for a bit to see if someone would come across him since he found it easier than going up to someone. The crimson-eyed Cavalier hoped he wouldn't be waiting for long

Optime | Day | Summer | Amherst
Looking for pack members from different packs to trade with!
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Silverfrost
Luperci Healer; Groundskeeper The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw CdC Top Poster!
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

It wasn't often that Reblin struck out from Cour des Miracles, but he had wanted to visit Biff's Bar again and maybe check in on that sad lady he had seen there before. The rule at the bar, he remembered, was that he would need to bring an item of trade if he wanted any drinks after his first, and so the burly wolfdog brought an assortment of small things he thought would do well enough to trade for booze.

Not that Reblin intended to drink much. In fact, the Comte had learned that there was a threshold beyond which he did not like to cross when he came to alcohol. After he did cross it, he got all tongue-tied and wobbly and spinny-headed. The experience stopped being fun and was definitely not pleasant, especially not afterwards, when the drunkenness wore off and he was left with a pounding head and a stomachache.

Adjusting the strap of the sack that he had borrowed from Thyri, Reblin passed through Amherst with a ebullient smile on his face and an obvious pep in his step. As he rounded the corner, the behemoth figure of a familiar ally caught his attention and the Courtier stopped. "Iorek? Hey!" he called, his curled tail wagging cheerfully against his back as he approached the Cavalier. He recalled memories from the event that their respective packs had held for them: a snowball fight, a poetry reading, a ball. It was at this even that Reblin had first met Iorek.

"What are you doin' here?" Reblin asked, slowing as he neared the steps. The items that the giant had laid out drew his eyes downwards and he regarded them with a canted head. "And what's all this stuff?" Tentatively, he reached out one of his hands to poke at a skull.

OOC: Reblin won't have much of anything interesting, probably just some seashells and old buttons and junk like that. But maybe it'll be enough to trade for something. :D

[WC — 308]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:24 am

Iorek
I won't just survive, Oh, you will see me thrive
Optime | Summer | Amherst
Sounds perfect! The skull is on a cord and is probably small
WORD COUNT

Iorek didn't have to wait long before someone came across him. He had just sat down when Birdflower made a sound of alarm. Well, not an alarm-alarm but more of announcing that someone was coming. Judging by the bird's call, the person was probably not a stranger since then the call would be much different. That was good since the beast didn't know how the trading would go, especially with a stranger from a pack he had little to no knowledge of. And then a familiar scent was carried by the wind and brought the smell of the Court to the wolfdog. Reblin.

The feral nurse looked up as his name was called by the yellow-eyed male and gave a slight nod towards him as a sign of greeting, since that was one of the few ways he knew. The piebald male came up to him and he immediately began asking questions. The beast didn't mind as he was used to such thing. The two had met at the event preceding the masquerade, the snowball fight where the two had been opponents. And then they were dance partners later on. The hybrid gave the other a welcoming smile as he came close and then the massive medic moved on to answer the multi-colored male's questions.

C-Casa d-di C-Cavalieri w-was e-encouraged t-to b-be m-more d-diplomatic b-by L-Luca. The vermilion-eyed Valiant replied. He knew the Court and the knights were allies so he guessed it would be fine to tell the Courier this. S-So I-I c-came h-here w-with s-some o-of m-my s-stuff t-to t-trade. He added and then noticed how the man's eyes were drawn to one of the necklaces he had made from skulls. And then the scarlet-eyed beast saw the man reached out to poke at one of the skulls. He did consider letting him have it, though that satchel looked like it had something. Wh-What d-do y-you h-have? The crimson-eyed Cavalier asked bluntly.

Template by Andi | Manip by Songbird
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Silverfrost
Luperci Healer; Groundskeeper The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw CdC Top Poster!

POSTED: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 am

There was the sounding of birdcry but Reblin ignored it. His sights were pointedly on Iorek as he stepped forward, a grin on his face and light in his pale eyes. And extrovert through and through, the Comte loved to make new friendships and he never hesitated to fortify what relationships he had already made. He lived to be social. It was a stroke of luck, therefore, to find an old acquaintance in Amherst. His tail kept up its cheerful cadence as he approached the massive Cavalier.

As Iorek spoke, his voice choppy from his stutters, Reblin looked over the items before him. Sticking out the claw of his index finger, the Courtier poked at the tiny skull on a cord before retracting the claw again and drawing back his arm. He glanced up at the bear-like wolf and grinned sheepishly. "Oh, um..." he began, straightening and swinging his satchel around to his front. Reblin slipped one hand inside the sack and scooped up the items within, sticking his tongue out the whole time as though this required great concentration.

When he retrieved his hand from the shallow depths of the satchel, his fist was closed around the contents. He pushed it out toward Iorek and withdrew his fingers from around the items resting in his palm. "I think I missed a couple things," he said. "But this is most of what I got."

Sitting in the cushion of his padded palm, Reblin presented Iorek with a couple of differently-shaped seashells, a large plastic button with an elaborate design, and a few shards of sea glass. "I found them on the shoreline in the Court. Cool, huh?" They were terribly common but Reblin thought that they'd be enough to buy him a drink. Whether they were enough to trade for one of Ioreks items, however, was yet to be seen.

[WC — 313]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 am

I am not a stranger to the dark.
"Hide away," they say,
"We don't want your broken parts"

Iorek was still new to trading though he considered himself to be a fair judge of and item's value. Well, what was of value for him was different from what would be of value to some Luperci. Pretty objects, especially shiny things would catch his eye easily though he had an idea of value since he knew that some items weren't as valuable as others. Furs, cloth, and anything like that would be valuable to Riley. Though that was as far as the beast's interests stretched, anything pretty or anything for his boyfriend. That was as far as the wolfdog thought since he never needed to trade for anything else.

The massive medic looked at the items that Reblin presented him. To some, they wouldn't be valuable but to the beast they were. Sea glass was something that was sought after by the beast, as it was a component of a lot of the jewelry he made and was ever present in his collection. The beast also found the button to be interesting and he could use it as a pendant or use it in any of his creations. The shells he also found interesting since he used them in his creations as well, though they weren't as sought after as the other two. The feral nurse looked back up at the Courier.

Wh-What d-do y-you w-want? The crimson-eyed Cavalier looked at the male, seeing what he wanted. The male saw the man's interest in the jewelry, though was there more that he desired? The beast didn't want to be greedy, but the man had things that he wanted. He hoped that the gold-eyed man would be reasonable, though he had no reason not to be. The beast could always add in a dagger since he didn't need the item. The vermilion-eyed Valiant waited patiently.

Sorry for the wait! 307
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Silverfrost

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 am

Reblin was not a trader. He had picked up a few little things from his friends and pack mates, but appraisal of items and conducting a trade was not something that he had grown up with. However, being a feral-born creature, he understood the importance of useful items over pretty things. A dagger was useful, for example, while jewelry was not. With Iorek's question of what he wanted, the Courtier pursed his lips together thoughtfully and swept his pale, moon-hued eyes over the items that were laid out.

A dagger was useful, though not particularly useful to Reblin. He fought better with tooth and claw; a dagger's abilities would largely be lost on him. He shifted his eyes to the pelts. Good for padding and sleeping atop, though Reblin's own thick pelt often made it so that furs were much too warm for him. Reblin tapped is chin and scrutinized the jewelry again.

He had absolutely no use for jewelry, and yet it was those items – the skull on the cord, in particular – that kept drawing him back. "This is cool," he decided at last, poking the small skull again. He gave his curled tail a cheerful wag. "So... how about that? What would you want for it?"

Had Reblin been a more experienced trader, he might have thought beyond simply what was useful to him and considered what could be useful to others for future trade. But Reblin was not a more experienced trader. He never anticipated that he would ever trade again, at least not for anything other than a drink at Biff's Bar.

[WC — 272]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:54 pm

NPCs: Birdflower and Druzy

000 Crappy phone post! We can start wrapping it up soon~

See galleries for credit.

Iorek watched as Reblin scanned the goods laid out in front of him. The beast wanted the wolfdog to get something else so the beast could justify his ask for all of the items that the man carried. He didn't want to trick him into trading too much for the necklace, but the hybrid wanted the button, sea glass, and shells. The oversized wolfdog debated with himself about cheating an ally.

The Courier made a decision soon enough. He still wanted the skull necklace and only the necklace. The feral giant remembered what the gold-eyed male had given him. It fit in the palm of the man's hand, just as the skull had. A button, shells, and sea glass. And hadn't the beast spent a lot of time getting the leather (well, Riley made it but the beast killed the hare), catching the animal, getting its skull, and threading it? The massive hybrid decided to see what the other male wanted.

Th-The b-button, so-some s-sea gl-glass, a-and sh-shell, the crimson-eyed Cavalier said, not looking the slightest bit afraid. He could offer the dagger or a pelt for a friend but he didn't know if the man would accept the trade. The vermillion-eyed Valiant waited for the male's response.

Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Silverfrost

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:53 am

For reasons that Reblin couldn't quite articulate, he was excited about the little hare skull on that thong of leather. Maybe it was because it was the first time he had traded for something other than liquor. Maybe it was because he though it would look terribly edgy hanging around his neck. At any rate, the burly wolfdog decided that, for his handful of little, foraged-for items, he wanted the skull necklace and nothing more.

"Deal!" he barked triumphantly, holding his hand out for the Cavalier to accept the button, the sea glass, and the shells. In the same breath, Reblin accepted the little skull and, holding the ends of the leather throng, pulled it around his neck and tied it securely. The skull felt like nothing against his sternum, so light it was, but the Courtier felt as though he were wearing a badge of pride for his trade. "How does it look?" he asked Iorek with a broad, toothy grin.

With their transaction complete, and Reblin dying to show off his new necklace, the wolfdog was eager to move along. "Thanks for the skull, Iorek!" he chirped. "Gonna head over to Biff's Bar now. I'll send others your way if anyone wants to trade!" Then, with a cheery wave, the Courtier turned his back and strutted off through Amherst toward the bar.

OOC: Yisssss! This will be my last post. Feel free to post again and go ahead or go ahead and request archival. <3

[WC — 228]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:56 pm

I know the world's a broken bone
But melt your headaches, call it home

Iorek was no stranger to transactions between traders; he had accompanied Riley to Halifax a couple of times and observed a couple of trades. From his experience, he thought that there would be more between offer and acceptance of the trade; more of the thing that Riley referred to as haggling. The beast had observed his boyfriend haggling with another trader for close to an hour until both sides got what they wanted - or the other trader decided that it was a fair trade and the jackal wasn't going for lower - and it had taken a lot of talking. And the beast seemed to have asked for much for the little necklace; he had put a lot of work into it. The wolfdog had expected resistance from the gold-eyed man.

The oversized hybrid didn’t expect the trade to go so fast; he hadn't expected Reblin to accept his offer so quickly. But in seemingly seconds, the man had his handful of objects ready to hand over. The beast held his hand out, expecting the man to drop it into his palm, which he did and handed over the necklace; he thought that it might make it easier and perhaps safer; he could trust the doggish male but it still felt safer for him to accept and hand over at the same time. The chocolate and cream giant placed the items into his satchel for safe-keeping.

The crimson-eyed Cavalier smiled as he saw how excited the man was to wear the necklace; he was no stranger to that feeling. He replied with a simple response of G-Good. He was happy to see how estatic the man was; it was a nice feeling to know that he had contributed to the Courtier's happiness. The vermilion-eyed Valiant saw the man off and then continued sitting next to his wares until someone else came to barter.

Thanks for the thread! 314
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Silverfrost

Dead Topics