Home is where the heart - & family -is

joining

POSTED: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm

It had been a long time in coming for the black pawed ex-cavalier to find himself leaving the one home he had known for so long and in turn quite literally come here to the courtier lands in order to make soemthing of a new life for himself, granted in a way it were somewhat late in life for him to be doing such a thing. But if continuing on as he had been for so long and not being able to permantly reside with firstly his children and secondly their mother was something he had been wanting to change for some time now especially as it were one thing that he would no doubt regret if he had not done so sooner.

Therefore he had found himself having explained his decision to the Lune and in turn offered his apologies for this to be happening after so long spent within the cavalier lands and amongst those who he had come to think of as not only friends but an extended family of sorts. It would be sad to say goodbye to them all but then again despite his absence from those familliar lands it would not be as if he would never see them again right?

These thoughts amongst many others had kept Kira occupied during the trip from the borders of the cavalier lands and towards those of the land of the courtiers, when they had come within sight of the borders did he mentally remind himself to stop short of it by a suitable distance - after all Kira no longer could freely pass through as he had once done. Not that this would be something in which would continue to plague him provided all went well here and now, a new beginning so to speak.

So drawing a calming and deep breath did the lone male tilt his head and allow a howl burst forth from his lips requesting the audience of one suitable to accept him into the folds of the court.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 am

OOC: Oh hi ;)

IC:
Summer sunlight slanting into the stables turned the Archiduchessa’s timber-brown curls to bronze – but she was no statue today. Abigail bustled about in that breezy way she always had around the horses; this was her element and she knew what to do here even when the world outside was tumultuous and confusing.

Sometimes the outside world could reach in, though, and the sound of a howl blared like a siren in the stablehand’s ears. With Silvano and Shiloh both departed, there were few voices left in this world who could cut through Abi’s consciousness and make her head whip up like Kira’s. The broom she’d been using to sweep stray bits of straw away from the stall doors was leaned hurriedly against the nearest vertical surface and the woman ran a hand through her hair.

The sound of paws skidding and claws scraping against the floor made her smile, for she knew who was about to appear. Cicely and Ajax had been helping out around the stables – now they were both in charge of a pair of hands there was little escaping chores – and they all but collided as they came to stand before their Mother, their eyes bright with excitement.

“Momma, is that -”

“It’s Dad!”

The children looked at each other and each pair of glowing green eyes seemed to confirm it for the other. They sped off without waiting for Abigail. She knew that her superior coordination and stamina in Optime form would see her catching up to them quickly enough.

Abigail was right; by the time she approached the border she was flanked by grey shapes like clouds on either side. She wondered briefly if Cicely or Ajax felt as nervous as she did; butterflies stirred in her stomach as she spied a charcoal and smoke figure through the trees.

The kids surged forward in an unspoken race to reach their Father and Abigail brought up the rear in a jog, her own tail a blur and her eyes sparkling with unshed tears of joy.

[300+]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:47 pm

A mixture of excitement and mild uncertainty filled Kira as the last remmanants of his howl faded and he in turn settled in for the wait for an audience with whom-so-ever either were close enough or chose to answer his call, though he knew full well it could be just about anyone who would come speak with him there were that lingering hope that it were Abi that beat any others to it. After all it would not be all too hard given there were little doubt that even if she had been uncertain of the origin of the howl then either Cicely and Ajax would have alerted their mother.

And even if out of all the odds none of them reacted to the howl then that mattered little for there would always be that chance to seek the trio out and surprise them in turn. While his thoughts wandered along with his gaze all the while he waited it would in time appear to not have allowed such thoughts that his lady love and their children to not have taken note of his pressence.

Ears swiftly perking up at the sounds of - multiple - feet approaching as emerald orbs turned in an attempt to locate who he knew all too well belonged to the hurrying feet, a smile quick to form upon his maw as both youngsters came into sight followed soon after by their mother. His tail quick to start swishing from one side to the other as Kira made to take a step forward to greet them before restraining himself and instead bracing himself for the inevitable 'attack' of affection he were bound to receive, only then did his eyes lift from his dashing children and come to lock onto Abi smile widdening further as he did so.

"I had hoped it would be you all that would come, but wasn't sure whether you would be otherwise busy." Kira called cheerfully and truthfully.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:09 am

It felt as if a long time had passed since Kira had visited the Court – or maybe it was just the passing of one man in particular that made it feel that way. Silvano was gone; for that reason alone Abigail couldn’t hold back her tears for long. They sparkled and slipped down her muzzle as she watched Cicely and Ajax greet their Father with muzzle bumps and furiously wagging tails.

Abigail slowed and a faint whine stirred in her throat; how she had missed that face, those eyes.

“We can shift now!” Ajax announced almost immediately, grinning at the man who had named him as his chest puffed out with pride in this new development. Something like trepidation flashed in Abi’s green eyes; she was certain it had to hurt Kira a little to know that he’d missed such a milestone in his children’s lives.

“I shifted first,” said Cicely. It sounded more like a confession than a point of pride for her. Her Mother’s ears flattened as she remembered that day and the reason for her daughter’s first change. She swallowed and strode forward to reach for Kira, pulling him into a wordless embrace.

“We missed you,” she breathed into his scruff. I missed you more than you know.”

Abigail didn’t want to let him go. She knew that once the joy in seeing Kira settled grief would rear its ugly head again. Already she felt it nudging at her chest, threatening to choke and sting. Abi tried to shove it aside with a smile but her efforts were weak.

“How long are you staying for, Dad?” Ajax wanted to know.

Cicely, meanwhile, was silent, watching her Mother’s face closely. When Abigail stepped back from hugging Kira the girl came and nudged her hand. Abi’s snowy fingers smoothed the fur on her daughter’s muzzle and she offered a look of reassurance. I’m okay.

[300+]
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 pm

The simple sight of Cicely and Ajax was more than enough to make Kira realise just what he had indeed been missing even more so when the utterance from Ajax in regards to both children shifting did cause a certain amount of sadness to form within him, yet another event in their lives he missed but at the same time he were truly blessed to be capable of seeing them at all given previous circumstances. This were naturally all the reason in which Kira made every effort to enjoy their closeness after the young pair had come to a top before him and greeted the older male, a combined flicker of happiness and sadness filling his features momentarily.

"And I am so sorry I missed it all - And i can't think of either of you as little pups anymore either." he spoke softly, green orbs focusing upon one child then the other relishing the mere sight of them for as much as he were able to almost as if he had spent a lifetime apart from them.

It were the sight of Abigail striding towards him that gained the older male's full attention before disentangling himself from their children and simply just holding the white female and enjoying her closeness, a simple tightening of his grip upon her was all the awknowledgement he made in regards to her admission. "And I always miss you all, every day am apart from you." he spoke softly. His gaze remained fixed upon the Archiduchessa as she relased him from her grasp and took a step back from him, the query posed to him by Ajax was all it took to drag Kira from his thoughts before briefly fixing his son with his gaze before inhaling deeply and returning his gaze to their mother.

"That's why I am here . . . . . . Archiduchessa - Abi - I came here today no longer a cavalier, but with your permission I hope to be allowed to join the court and live the rest of my life here. With my family." Kira spoke slowly and cautiously a faint flicker of uncertainty passing over his features.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:26 pm

OOC: Will get you all titled up asap! :D

IC:
More than once Abigail had considered taking the children – rapidly approaching teenagerhood now – to Casa to visit with Kira. One thing after another had prevented that from happening and part of her wondered what would happen next, what would be the next roadblock for their family.

Abi knew that many youths of a similar age to Ajax and Cicely would already be roaming far and wide, building up their banks of memories and experiences. Abigail’s children had barely left the Court. She knew nobody, least of all Kira, would blame her for keeping her children close but she wished it was out of choice rather than worried need.

Abigail had been expecting Kira to stay a few days or perhaps a week. The first inkling that this was a different arrival reached her when he uttered the name of her rank. Her lips tightened, her brows raising. It was odd enough that it momentarily distracted her from the grave news she had to impart. That was a relief, however short-lived – but it was nothing compared to the surge of emotion Abi felt as Kira finished his sentence with a request to join his family.

Even as the children threatened to flatten Kira in their excitement Abigail’s eyes were fixed on his. She raised a hand to tug at one of her curls, amazement dwelling in her sea green gaze – and caution, too. It had been a difficult year so far and suddenly Abigail felt like she had forgotten how it felt when good things – the best things – came along.

“You – you mean it,” she said. It wasn’t a question – Abi knew Kira wouldn’t have made this request if he wasn’t serious about it. She had always loved his sincerity and he deserved the same in return. Her voice dropped to a whisper as both puppies turned beseeching eyes on her.

“I want nothing more.”
The Archiduchessa stepped forward and lifted a hand to Kira’s cheek. Her eyes still hadn’t drifted from his; maybe it was the vulnerability of holding his gaze for so long that made her crack. Her gaze dropped to the Summer grasses and she let out a shuddering breath.

“My Father died.” She bit her lower lip. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner… he liked you. He’s with my Momma now and I think he’d want you to be here.”

“My siblings will give you hell.”
Abigail searched for Kira’s eyes again and a hint of a smile played at her lips. “So stand your ground.”

[420]
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Welcome to Cour des Miracles!
MAINTENANCE WIKI RANKS TWITTER CONTACT

Welcome to the Court of Miracles, where the misfits come to play and the nobles rise above the rabble, united beneath the banner of their royal leadership.

As a new member, there are a few things you should check out before getting started! Make sure to check out our website for detailed information on the ranks, professions, and pack game. While you're at it, go ahead and claim a residence.

Need help getting started in on the plotting? Consider joining our pack chat to talk to current members for ideas! If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us for help.

Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

POSTED: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am

There were no reason in Kira's mind why he would ever had held it against Abigail for not having come to visit Casa with their children, so much had happened in their short lives that would give any parent good reason to want to keep their children close and not allow them to wander too far alone. But no longer would either himself or Abi feel the need to worry about them all being apart any more and given her reaction to his use of her rank were anything to go by the statement in which he posed to her was not something in which she would be expecting.

The same went for the children, a soft chuckle escaped the older male as he hugged them close and in turn kept his gentle gaze fixed upon Abigail before firmly nodding his confirmation to her statement, leaning his face into her hand as it settled upon his cheek. A flicker of worry filling his eyes at the slight change in her own before sadness filled them at her mention of her father's demise - Cicely and Ajax shifting made all the more sense to him now especially given they naturally had loved their grandfather so much.

"Don't be sorry, but it's alright. You needed time to grieve. I am sorry he is gone but he's in a good place now and in no more pain." Kira spoke sincerely, laying his hand over hers for a time. Only daring to allow a flicker of amusement play across his features at her warning in regards to her siblings.
"I wouldn't expect anything less."
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Sam
Luperci Mate to Abigail

Dead Topics