Idle Hands

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am

Malfoy sat on a log, staring out at nothing really. The grumpy male was at a loss, so far he had been part of this new pack and hadn't really done anything. The grey male knew he should do something, but so far he hadn't really found what he liked. Well, then again he hadn't but too much effort into trying different tasks. Blinking he looked around, thinking that no one really seemed to care that he wasn't doing anything. This pack was very lax in that regard. Still, he should do something to make himself useful right? More than just sitting around or talking to his sister. What was he good at though? Scratching his cheek idly he tried to think of anything that sparked any interest in him. His mind went to when Ares was using arrows, with that bow. Perhaps he could learn to use such a weapon? Or maybe a sword would be more to his taste.

Standing Malfoy stretched with a light grunt and looked towards the main pack area. Who did he go to about weapons or fighting? It wasn't like he knew how to make them himself. Tilting his head slightly in thought he found he didn't really know his fellow pack mates enough to know where to even start with this train of thought. Straightening her head he sighed and started walking towards the main pack area. The best he could do right now is find anyone to talk to, and then bring up that he was looking to gain a weapon or training. Scratching his ear his orange orbs moved to find any other warm body that was around right now. Surely someone was up and about that he could talk to, or he could wait until someone was, either way he would start being productive around here.

313 words
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Baelish was definitely enjoying his time in the Vale, he had set up a good home for himself, and was now counted among the Elkenfrey. He had plenty of women to choose from, and confidence without end. Plus, the trading beyond the borders was good, as well as the scavenging; he felt as if he could have anything in the world if he wanted.

In fact, today he was strutting around the pack as if he owned the place, shirtless but with leather pants, and strapped to his hip a horn and a sword, neither of which he knew (or even wanted to know) how to use.

Appearance was everything though, and he looked stately. The sword was dull but well made with an ornate grip, and the horn from some kind of big goat. Both were just some of his trade items, but until he found someone who wanted them, they served just as well as accessories. He headed towards Winterwynd, and on one of the main roads saw his brother’s backside.

With a grin, he quickened his steps and drew the rapier, pointing it at Malfoy, Bereite dich auf den Kampf vor, Schwein! He grinned. He loved to tease Malfoy, despite it eventually meaning he was up for a clobbering. While they shared very similar coats, the difference in size was unmistakable.

Time for some brother bonding me thinks :D[+2]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Malfoy twitched his ears and turned towards the voice. There, now in front of him and pointing a sword to him was his brother. Great, now both his siblings were here, just what he wanted. Crossing his arms he looked over his brother briefly before opening his mouth to speak "Did you just call me a pig?" certainly seemed like something his brother would like to do. What had he done to deserve this confrontation? Malfoy thought it over and came to the conclusion that his brother may very well be teasing him. Certainly a common trope for the male to partake in. Orange orbs went to the sword again, wondering where his brother may have found such a weapon, and then wondering if it would be easy to wield. Gaze going once again to his brothers, their orbs matching color and their pelts a close match, anyone could certainly tell that they were related.

"What brings you to this pack? Has our sister confronted you yet? When she saw me, she accused me of following her." he wondered if Bael had suffered the same type of interaction. Knowing his brother though, he probably didn't even know that their sister was here. For a brief moment Malfoy considered leaving the pack now, he had come here partly to escape his siblings, not to have to deal with their drama. Then he decided against it, he was already here, they were here, he would just have to deal with it. Bringing his focus back to his sibling he waited for all his questions to be answered, knowing he had ignored the challenge that had been issued to him. Honestly he didn't care about fighting his brother, but it seemed a tad bit unfair that he had no weapon to defend himself with.

303 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Baelish laughed at his brother’s stoic reaction, and was quick to return the rapier to it sheath, You’ll always be a pig compared to me. he said, slapping his belly to indicate he believed his brother to be fat. But then, laughing this off as well, he put a hand on Malfoy’s shoulder, Good you see brother. He knew Malfoy had been here when he had first joined more than a moon ago, but his gruff sibling had kept to himself for the most part. Baelish took no offense, Mal had always been this way, and it had given Baelish time to get to know his sister better.

When Malfoy began to interrogate him, Baelish shrugged and began walking down the street leisurely, kicking any errant rocks that were in his path, Oh yeah, she confronted me. I made her feel quite silly when I began to come on to our Nightstag. he looked over his shoulder at his brother and grinned, Pretty sure she’s been trying desperately to clean up my ‘messes’ as I make them. I’ve been making quite a name for myself here you know. Her and I have had some adventures, where have you been? he loved boasting, especially to his brother. When they were pups, Malfoy had always gotten the best of him due to size alone. Now though, it seemed that Baelish had the upper hand, at least socially.

Raising his arms and lacing his fingers together against the back of his head, he turned to look at his sibling and walked backwards, So what did you think of our nice family reunion with mommy dearest? Nice to know that she went and popped out a bunch of pups with no intention of caring for any of them, especially not us. it was strange to think that now he knew of several half-siblings strewn about the lands; what a small world it truly was.

OOC[+3]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Malfoy listened with what patience he could muster for his younger sibling. Which was surprisingly a lot considering his personality. The elder male was used to the younger siblings jokes and antics, so a lot of it just went past him without a reaction. At the mention of their mother his ears went back and his frown managed to deepen. "I could care less about that female" why should he care about someone who had not cared about him? About someone who had them for a trade, or whatever it was. His ears went back up as he let the memory of that woman pass in his mind, hopefully to fade into nothing in the future. Deciding to focus on what Bael said about their sister his mouth moved to what could pass as a smirk. "You and sister are in different houses right? I believe that she tried to have me move in with her, but I rather like being outside." he may have to get his hands on a tent of sorts...or at least fashion himself a roof.

"Already making messes? That certainly sounds like you" not that he cared. Bael could do whatever he wished, as long as he did not drag Malfoy into it later on. Their business could be separate and they live in the same pack easily, or so Malfoy hoped. At least he knew that if things did get bad enough that he could leave the pack, and hope that his siblings did not trail after him. It did not seem that his sister would, but who knew what drove Bael's actions. Letting his frown form back again he looked to the sword at his brothers side "Tell me, is that weapon from one of your messes? Do you even know how to use it?" he doubted that his brother did. Holding it was simple enough a task, but that did not prove knowledge of using the sword.

327 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Baelish’s grin grew wide at his brother’s brooding nature over their mother. He said he could care less, but Baelish knew better. Of course he cared, how could he not? Even Baelish cared. There would always be a part of them that wished things had been different, that their mother had been someone worthwhile, someone who could have raised them properly and taught them things their father never could. But Ankh was all they had, and they had turned out alright, for the most part.

Malfoy asked if Saga and Baelish lived separately and the crimson eyed male nodded and then turned back around to face the direction he walked, Yup, I built myself a nice little cottage, you should come visit sometime, share a drink with me. Malfoy had turned out to be much more feral than Baelish had anticipated, perhaps he had spent more time in the wilds trying to find Saga, whereas Baelish had lived in the variable sanctuary and refined society of Portland for much longer. Still, he did not judge his brother's lifestyle, they all were separate lives after all.

So, when Malfoy asked about the sword, Baelish shot him a look of pointed surprise, before stopping in his tracks and unsheathing the blade once more, Nope, not a mess, just part of a recent trade deal. He placed the skinny blade in one paw and held the hilt with the other, offering it to his brother, Here, why not give it a swing. It seems pretty delicate for you though. it was true, this rapier was a weapon of finesse, something he was not sure his brother possessed.

OOC[+2]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Malfoy raised a brow "You built a house on your own? Your not just saying that to try and impress me are you?" he could really never tell with Baelish. Always getting in trouble, always teasing or joking, never serious. Huffing between his teeth he decided it wasn't really the effort to try and translate his brother. "I will not be having a drink with you" that would only end badly he was sure. Then Baelish did something that actually surprised him, causing him to blink and look at the offered weapon. Was this another trick? With some hesitation he gently took the sword, finding it heavier than he would have thought. The grey male tried to swing the device, but it was more than obvious that he wasn't used to this type of weapon. This was considered a delicate weapon? Malfoy narrowed his eyes and tried holding the blade straight up.

It hurt his wrist a bit to do so, and he looked up slightly towards the tip. Thick to thin, the tip basically a point, and the thick part was still thinner than he had ever seen before. "Looks like only the tip is useful, how does any one fight with this kind of thing?" despite saying that, a part of him wanted to learn. At least enough to know the reason for the design, and how you would actually wield it properly. Knowledge was power after all, and learning about more weapons wouldn't hurt right? Lowering the blade to rest his wrist, he moved the grip and held it towards his brother. "You never said if you could use it. Just that I probably couldn't. If you don't know how to wield it, you should try and bother to learn." Why was he giving Baelish advice? Perhaps a old habit he needed to break out of. Huffing again he looked away from his brother with a grumpy air. "That is, if you can focus long enough for such a task"

338 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Of course Baelish had not truly meant that he had built the home for himself from scratch, though there was a good amount of sweat equity in it. It seemed Malfoy was not one for metaphor; Bae made a mental note of that, it could mean a lot of fun for him in the future. Instead, he just shrugged, continuing to grin, as his brother gruffly refused to share a drink with him; what a stick in the mud; Baelish loved it.

However, the larger D’Angelo sibling seemed pleasantly surprised at the offered weapon, taking it in his hand and swinging it with anything other than grace. Baelish stood back, arms crossed, and watched; the blade actually didn’t look half bad in Malfoy’s hand, but it was obvious he would need a ton of training to be able to wield it with any sort of accuracy. Malfoy though, seemed perturbed by the rapier, looking at it closely realizing that the only way for it to cause damage would be by skewering something. Baelish nodded sagely, Yes, it’s a weapon made more for the look than for the usefulness. But find yourself another sword fighter and you could dance with them! He laughed out loud, and then his brother mentioned that Baelish should learn how to use it.

Of course the trader laughed anew, You should know by now, Mal, I’m no fighter. It does not suit me. I’d rather find someone to do the dirty work for me. Then, suddenly, he removed the rapier’s leather loop from his pants and offered it to Malfoy, Why don’t you keep the sword. I don’t know how to use it, but it seems to suit you. Find someone to train you, maybe I can try finding you a more useful blade in the future. He may tease and insult his brother to no end, but he still loved him, and wanted him to be happy and succeed in life. Plus, if Mal got good with the blade, maybe Baelish could make use of his skills.

ooc[+3]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Malfoy rolled his eyes as Baelish mentioned the sword was made more for looks. Such a waste of materials, humans had been so foolish. The male gripped the hilt tighter as Baelish mentioned dancing with another sword fighter. Dance? What would be the point of that?? Ears went back as his brother laughed at his suggestion, though he wasn't sure what else he had been expecting from his younger sibling. Of course he knew his brother wasn't a fighter, and a part of him worried about it "Your tongue won't always get you out of trouble, and you can't count on me to do so either." their sister may save the laughing male, but he would not. Then another surprise came his way as Baelish offered him the sheath and leather loop that would attach the sword to his person.

His brother wanted him to keep the sword? Seriously?? Orange orbs studied his sibling carefully before he reached out with his free hand and took the offered item. He slid the sword in, and then tied it to his own pants. The offer of a better blade in the future was taken with a grain of salt on his end. Baelish said a lot, but that didn't mean it would happen. When he let the sword hang at his side, he felt the weight at his side, like a weight of responsibility. Something he could get used to. At least his brother parted decent advice about learning to use it. Though as of now he wasn't sure who could teach him here in this pack. There was a pack he had heard of where he could learn, maybe he would travel there later on in the summer. "Thank you Baelish" he said with a small smile, showing he was pleased with the gift. His brother may be annoying, but he deserved that much in thanks of the sword.

324 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32 pm

He returned his brother’s smile with a genuine one of his own; he knew that Malfoy was just trying to toughen him up by saying he wouldn’t get him out of trouble, it was just tough love. But Baelish was pretty much set in his ways now when it came to violence; sure, he had his daggers, he could try to cut someone if it came down to it, but fighting… no, that was not Baelish D’Angelo. Nothing was worth losing his life.

Baelish shrugged again and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his trousers, No worries, brother. I’d love to see what you can do with it once you’ve learned. He turned on his heel and then grabbed the horn from his belt and tooted out a horrendous noise, I’m off to Winterwynd! You should rethink visiting me for that drink Mal, my door is always open to your smiling face! He laughed, and then basically skipped away down the road.

We can close this out now :D[+0]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

Dead Topics