now it's all rusted

AW | Borders

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 pm

OOC: Eliza has come to snark check out MV!

IC:
Eliza had, after some inward debate, packed some dried fish and antler hooks to offer the new pack on her visit. Word had it they had settled near Saint John and Liz assumed that at least some of them would want to make use of the river’s natural resources – but it was quite natural for her to assume that others knew how to fish.

She’d considered trying to barter for some of the tobacco guarded by Abbott and his feral cat colony but the more the Navigator thought about her true reasons for visiting the newfound pack, the more she felt that time was pressing on. Her brother wasn’t coping well with the defection of his children from Krokar and Goddess knew how Ailie was managing.

Someone
needed to give Fionnlagh and Elise a stern talking to and the sooner it was done the better. Maybe then they would give up this crackpot idea of abandoning their family and return home.

Liz wasn’t quite sure why it got under her skin so much that her niece and nephew had decided to leave Krokar but she found herself growing irritable as she packed up her offerings and ensured that Flod was ready for the journey. The gelding, easygoing as always, barely batted an eye at the dog’s huffing and puffing.

In the back of her mind, though it barely registered in the midst of her ire, Eliza acknowledged that independence was something all children craved eventually. As far as the Cormier woman was concerned Fionny and Elle’s move had been ill timed at best and callously planned at worst. She couldn’t let her feelings over the matter sit; she worried too much for Fin, for Ailie and for the youngsters she still viewed as children.

So off she rode with a small package of goodies, a gesture of friendship. She would just check the place out, make sure it was suitable for her brother’s offspring – if they hadn’t moved on yet again.

Stopping before a boggy border, the scruff-furred Krokaran sent up a doggish cry for an audience. Any time waiting for a response was spent rearranging her features into some semblance of positivity.

[360]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Baelish found himself near the borders, a curious thing, as scouting and marking were far from his forte. But after his experience with Ragna here, he found that sometimes he gravitated to the boundary, if only to see if there was anyone else who dared trespass. Not that he could really do much about it if they did, he was no fighter, but at least he could warn the rest of his pack-mates if it happened again. Plus, today he was on his stallion, enjoying the light spring breeze and sunshine.

He was still getting used to his new horse, whom he had named Geist; the stallion was a stunning example of a creature, a desert breed and pure white, a godly horse. Even just sitting on him, Baelish felt more powerful, more in tune with the spirits. Whatever it took to gain him power, he’d take ever advantage afforded to him.

The yelping cry for attention at the border startled him, but it was not a violent or threatening call, just a soul asking for someone to come greet them. He had hesitated when he had gone to meet Kalypso, but this time he readily turned his steed and cantered towards the place of the summons.

Just beyond the border was a woman on a horse; she was very doggish and smelled of river water, her wavy hair (and fantastic mustache) was sun-bitten and as bright as a pumpkin. He took Geist close enough, and the stallion pawed at the ground just once, but then after recognizing the other horse as sterilized, calmed. Baelish gave the woman a grin, Welcome to the Vale! I am Baelish D’Angelo, in what way may I assist you my lady? He openly surveyed her figure; she was not bad looking, despite her mottled genetics. It had been some time since he had interacted with one of such distinct dog heritage; it seemed most of the Luperci here in the North were more on the wolf or coyote side of things, himself include.

let the snark fest begin[+3]

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth (NPC)
Nat
Luperci Mate to Zuri Negotiator I They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 pm

OOC: Bahaa, fun times.

IC:
It wasn’t unheard of for Eliza to make up her mind about others before they’d opened their mouths; she often struggled to maintain an open mind about things. Admittedly, what she’d heard of the new pack from the few who had ventured down here had been positive, so she was willing to put aside her anger at Fionnlagh and Elle. For now. Hopefully.

That didn’t stop her quietly grumbling to herself about disloyalty and fam’ly’s important and ungrateful kids. Flod, always steady and patient with whatever mood his mistress had taken to, paid absolutely no attention.

The sound of hooves sinking into squelching ground interrupted the dog’s dark muttering. Eliza didn’t realise she was bracing herself physically until the younger male appeared, sat astride a horse which Liz could very much identify as a stallion. Both seemed young and for a moment Eliza considered backing Flod up a few paces lest the pale stallion object to the dun gelding’s presence.

The horse calmed upon recognizing Flod’s scent as non-threatening and the dog straightened her back, lips twitching into a staid smile. She dipped her head, the gesture flowing despite the annoyance still churning in her gut.

“G’day,” she offered as the youth’s gaze swept over her. It felt to Liz almost as if she was being appraised; she cocked her head to one side and a ripple of fire-red hair over her shoulder. She was tempted to ask him what his assessment of her had found but she had more sense than to actually utter that question – especially when she was doing the exact same thing to the boy.

“Me name’s Eliza Cormier. I come fr’m Krokar wi’ some gifts for y’all. Jus’ some dried fish, some antler fishin’ hooks – hopin’ you’ll be able t’ make use of ‘em bein’ near the river ‘n’ all.”

Her muzzle jerked toward the young stallion.

“Ya must be forever cleanin’ that one up,” she mused, her tone jovial despite her slightly narrowed eyes. “It safe t’ come any closer? Flod ‘ere won’t dare go fer an entire male.”

[345]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:42 pm

It was clear she knew he was looking at her, and she did not seem to mind him at least, though he could tell there was something irking her. He remained smiling though, as she bid him good day and introduced herself, her accent as charming as her whiskers.

It seemed she was from Krokar, and with gifts as well; his ears perked at the idea, but he knew these were gifts for the pack and not himself. Dried fish and fishing hooks; both useful, but he had no qualms letting those things go to storage instead of trying to procure them for himself; he was neither a fisher nor a lover of dried fish, after they being the main source of food on his long journey from Portland.

She mused at his horse’s coat and he smiled a proud smile, his fur puffing up, Sure is, He said, reaching down to scratch the stallion on the neck, but I have ways of avoiding the task, if I can afford it. He grinned at her, and then nodded when she asked if it was alright to come closer, No worries, he only gets upset with other stallions. Tries to bite their balls off. he chuckled, and then dismounted, and tied Geist up to a nearby tree to allow Eliza some comfort for her own steed.

He went to her side and offered a hand to help her down, Pleasure to meet you, and thank you for your gifts. Krokar is so close by, I’m sure our packs will be good friends. I consider myself a merchant and negotiator by nature; perhaps we can discuss trade? Or is that to forward of me? Should I call my Nightstag or Ravenking for you to speak to? he did want to seem too eager, or act above his rank. He was, after-all, only into the first tier of the Elkenfrey house, and even though he had earned himself the title of Negotiator, he did not dare insult his leaders… not yet.

OOC[+3]

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth (NPC)
Nat
Luperci Mate to Zuri Negotiator I They stole my dirty socks... :(

Dead Topics