[IF] Inferni Disbandment

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Inferni Disbandment

After fifteen long years, Inferni is disbanding. This will probably come as a shock to many of you, but it’s a decision that I have struggled with for several months, if not the past few years.

I love Inferni, and I appreciate all the opportunities for plots and friendships it has given me! However, leadership has become a terrible source of stress these past several months. To put it into perspective: I have been a leader of Inferni for almost my entire ‘Souls career, more than six years—and a solo leader for a good portion of that time. I know I cannot be the active, passionate, driven leader that Inferni deserves right now—and so I have decided to step down to focus on administration and roleplaying as a regular member, for both the sake of the pack and for my mental health.

To everyone who has given me their love and support while I made this difficult decision: I appreciate you all so much. <3

This isn’t goodbye forever though! I’m not soon to forget the stinky coyotes. ;) Who knows: in a few more years, maybe someone else will take up the mantle of Aquila, or perhaps we’ll make something new together. Think of this as a plot opportunity rather than just a farewell!

IC Disbandment & Timeline

The final wound struck by the Salsolan war has festered; after several months adapting to the harsh, once-burned territories in the Eastern Realms, Inferni morale has remained low. Spring seemed like a brief turn-around for the clan, bringing new growth and new prey, but the deaths of two mothers appear to be a sign of what’s to come. The summer rains bring flooding and disease, and in the end the leader who brought Inferni here decides to retreat.

• 24 June: Summer storms move in. Periods of heavy rain lead to treacherous mud and standing water in cleared construction areas, and the Yawrah floodplains expand.
  • 30 June: The New Homestead barn collapses during a storm. Floodwaters reaches two inches in places, making for miserable travel. Mosquitoes and flies breed rampantly near the Yawrah.
  • 6 July: More livestock fall ill due to wet conditions and biting flies. Vicira orders a cull of some livestock in an attempt to stop the spread of disease.
  • 13 July: The rains stop, but conditions are muggy and miserable. Vicira decides to reduce territory and abandon some of their borders so the coyotes can more properly maintain a smaller area of land. Tensions start to rise as a result of these decisions and the living conditions in the clan.
  • 26 July: A death occurs on the border, possibly as a result of reduced patrols. Vicira withdraws from her clanmates.
  • 26 July — 31 July: Unrest throughout the clan leads to more open dissension, and eventually Vicira is called out for her decisions. Some coyotes leave quietly; others argue for change or suggest ideas.
  • 01 August: Vicira announces that she’s disbanding Inferni and leaving; the others are either with her or against her. Inferni ultimately breaks into small groups or individuals who stay behind in the territory or go their own way.

Post-Dismandment Details

Skulls still stare from the trees, and a herd of feral horses roam the floodplains. Family and comrades part ways, but others linger behind, sticking together for survival’s sake or dreaming of a day Inferni will rise from the ashes a second time.

A small band of coyotes with ambition in their blood vow to make more of themselves, and form an elusive group called The Cartel hoping to make waves (and profit) in ‘Souls.

Communal horse claims are possible! Players who intend to keep playing their former Inferni character (i.e., not drop them) are permitted to claim one horse from the communal stock, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please reply to this thread to claim a horse.

Disbandment Icons

Want to rep some coyote pride post-Inferni? Former Inferni members have the opportunity to obtain a permanent custom icon, one of the following:

Because these cannot just be given away, you have a few choices to obtain one:

• Cash in all your IF game points for an icon. Once per player.
  • Purchase an icon with 500 IF game points.
  • Transfer your points to a new pack and purchase an icon through their pack game.
  • Purchase an icon via the ‘Souls Store or Word of the Day Game.

Please reply to this thread to claim your custom icon.

Thanks for Fifteen Years! ♥

Inferni's Featured Adoptable Character!

Join the Coyotes
Inferni @ 'Souls Wiki

Inferni is a coyote-only clan first established in 2002. With a flexible hierarchy and tons of co-ranks, Inferni's ranking system and coyote culture are unique amongst 'Souls wolf packs. If you're interested in joining Inferni, we'd love to have you!

Inferni
OOC Account
Raze

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:40 pm

<3

Inferni was my first base of operations, and though I am sad to see it go, I absolutely think that it had one of the best runs in 'Souls. I can't wait to see how this moves characters forward, and really glad I was able to be a part of it for so long.

I'll be cashing all my points in for an icon for Jethro Lykoi.
if the thunder don't get you
then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Informatore LET ME IN
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:41 pm

<3 *smoochies ya cheek* IF pride forever, I'd like to cash any points I've got, but I haven't added up in ages; I would love a little flame icon for Rio here.

Also (can I claim Taja for Briarblack)
The Cartel
El Zorro
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

I'll be really sad to see Aliyah as a loner, but it's okay. We all understand.
I'll cash in all my game points for an icon for Aliyah. I'll take the bloody Inferni skull.
Inferni Forever!
Huge thanks to Zoingishly for the avatar!

Hello! I'm Aliyah. I'm a crazy wolfaboo and serval addict. I'm quite active and enjoy roleplaying, as it really helps me to train my brain and get more imaginative skills.

"An eye for an eye, wouldn't you say...?"-ALIYAH
Inferni
DEAD
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm

What is dead may never die!!

If I even have any points lol I'd like to cash in for the skull icon for John
The Cartel
El Burro
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 pm

What is done, is done. This is an opportunity for something new, for something different with the people and characters that made and continues to make Inferni so good. In time, when it is right, we can always try again.

...would like to cash in any points for a little flame icon.
Jhiral

Dragontear
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:02 pm

My time in Inferni was rather short and staggered, however, I had a lot of fun in it! It was nice to have someplace that was unique as IF was about their culture regarding species supremacy! And both of the war plots that I was able to participate in were tons of fun! You did good, Raze, to keep it going for as long as ya' did! A trooper, and the pack was fun and full of good plots! Thanks for leading it for as long as you did<333

If I'm allowed, would I be able to cash in my aNPC, Shikoba Whiplash's, meager points for the flame icon? And, if we can put a hover, could it have "Fire and Brimstone," attached to it? If this isn't okay since he's an aNPC right now, I totally understand<333 Figured there was no harm in asking!
Asura Creo

Loners
Wolfdog
Songbird
Moderator Luperci
Meant to fly
in that sky

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm

It truly has been quite the ride. I'm glad to have been a part of Inferni for so long. Going to miss it, but like said, perhaps it may come back one day. Inferni the 3rd.

Also... apparently Faith has over 1,100 points... huh. Could I use 500 to get the small flame icon for her account and transfer the rest?

Also, could I claim Spirit?
Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 pm

;____; *ugly cry*

If an aNPC can has, I can has flame icon on Dorado Whiplash?

Trading in either all of his/Daeva's points or 500 if it's a big number, I can't actually remember. >.<

Avatar by Eve; Siggy by Songbird
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Man... Inferni was my first pack I ever joined back in 2010, and it has a special place in my heart. I'm sad to see it go, but I look forward to the future and how it will play out! <3
Salsola
Indentured Servant (NPC)
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

Dead Pack News