Re: wild green stones

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 pm

300+

OOC:

IC:

He felt the rush, the swarm of the head that came with doing, and away his breaths went as they toggled back into a regular pace. That was when he realized there were two strangers amongst him, and they would expect him to speak to them. The words, the thoughts, the eyes. The eyes. Mystery didn't want it, he didn't need it. He just wanted to be alone, or as alone as he could get since he could never be alone. Run run into the darkest reaches and you would still need to bring yourself along. The self is inescapable save for the one escape. And that one escape was inescapable, too. Then that feeling again, of the sky and the ground melting and somersaulting into one another like some twisted dream that made his stomach churn.

His eyes were chalky, blank like the dreary canvas of an overcast sky. He was still staring off into space, though his dark ear had lifted a ways, as if deciding to listen on its own accord after its master had left the floor. The dark doors hanging open with the breeze flowing through. “Th-the…” Mystery turned, eyes attempting to focus on the pair, but avoiding all eye contact. Never contact never never. A gradual snap or click, and the colour, the sharpness came back to his sights and things ran faster. But too fast, because now he could feel the panic filling his limbs. “W-w-watching?” Pretending not to know, even though he did know. To watch and not do, but he did do, and now he was here and his heart filled his ear canals. ‘Asking too many questions that one’ A total of one.

“I sh-should uh, j-just go. I h-have an e-errand for the th-thing b-before the sun a-and I get hungry it's f-funny,” he rambled, the string of words like cotton in his mouth. But when he was supposed to turn away, to leave, he found his legs wouldn't motion to get him far, the mania of that question driving him too far in. Were you watching. ‘You were observing’
Mystery

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Daniel
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm

(210)

--

Once the excitement of the moment had died away, her companion - Generosity - joined her at her side, seeming equals parts disheartened and unsure. Skylark, dissatisfied with this state of affairs, aimed a playful lick at the youth's shoulder, hoping to raise her spirits. "That's okay!" she replied, with an emphatic shake of her head, "it surprised me too - I didn't expect it to run out into the open like that." Leaning forward, she whispered conspiratorially, "between you and me, I think it was afraid of us; we make a pretty good team."

The words had scarcely left her lips when Generosity rounded her attention on their latest arrival, giving voice to what Sky presumed was the source of her apparent confusion. She had, for the moment, forgotten the other was there, but she quickly followed suit, offering a cordial smile and a lazy wag of her tail as they awaited a reply.

The stranger, however, did not quite meet her gaze, and her rambling response gave Sky pause. Brows furrowed in puzzlement, she fell silent for a few beats, trying to parse some meaning from her words. "What kind of errand?" she inquired finally, tilting her head to one side. That much, at least, she had caught.

Drawn avatar courtesy of Rat! ♥
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Aster
Luperci

Mistfell Vale