Show me Your Colors

Val

POSTED: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:43 am

Grand Lake's vista was not far from Ezra's camp for the night. Three miles south from it's shore was Vinatta's old Marsh Valley Livery. This place had everything Ezra new he needed as far as space, and it only took a few hours of cleaning up and setting the fencing correctly to make sure he had a solid corral to test out his latest procurement. He took the shortcut to the livery and he hopped the fence in one fluid motion. It was only a short jog into the shade of the roofed stable and finally inside, he headed down the stalls. Fantasy was there, in her old stall, happy as a clam and more comfortable than he'd seen her in months. The caramel draft was just beside her and their heads craned over their stalls while they pestered one another. A smile beamed on Ezra's features as he passed them with a pet and onto the stall in which his new charge was.

It took all his paper stores, and a few other things in fact, to grab this beauty of a horse from a man who didn't know what he had. The second he'd seen the gelding, he inquired of it. His previous owner had stated his daughter had passed, of what coarse Ezra didn't ask, and her horse was more work than it was worth to keep it. It must have adhered to the man's better judgement, with Ezra's horse-speech skills and other two animals, because he surely would have given that horse to anyone who would have taken it if the animal hadn't meant so much to his daughter. Now, Ezra could fetch a fancy price with this to the right person, but he needed to make sure the horse could work as he was said to work. The rich browns and whites of it's coat gleamed with sweat as the dirt slid from it's back to it's legs. Once they were done working, he would wash the horse up, but as far as setting goes, the gelding was built well.

Releasing the stall lock, he entered with careful motions. The gelding so far had shone to be a sturdy horse on the trip here from Amherst, following well if not a smidge lazy about it. His gate, so far, hadn't shown to be that of any remarkable sort, but he held it smoothly enough. Lacing the gelding's face with a lead, he directed the hooved beast from his temporary home and led it down the livery mile and to the corral. The other drafts were a little bit too large for him to share the saddle that worked between them, so he'd have to bareback it for now.

Finally at the corral, he latched the fence up and removed the lead. He'd be working the horse completely free, which was dangerous, but if Ezra had anything to say about it, the gelding wouldn't have to worry about anything,” Alright, my friend. Show me how you move with something on your back,” He grinned and moved his legs, a gentle nudge of his heel to coax the tired beast into light work. It took nothing at all. He was delighted.
Loners
Dog
Dark
Luperci Jordheim

POSTED: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

like amateurs in love's charade

The elfen femme trudged along, feeling much like a pack horse herself. It had taken her some time to gather up the nerve to leave Mistfell Vale, fearing the moment she set paw outside of the safety of the pack lands someone from the Tulaq Tribe would come gobble her up like one of her fabled monsters, but somehow she managed to finally convince herself that if her people had followed herself and Theo this far, then she would have heard about them asking around for her by now. Her people were not known for their subtlety, and would likely expect to walk right up to a pack's borders and try to bargain for her back. If they had come for her, she would have known by now.

It was this fact, plus her growing archery skill, that gave her the courage to go out on the foraging mission – a mission which now led her across this stunning scene. With her back laden with a large backpack, and another supple leather satchel slung over her shoulder, she took a detour from her gathering to search for water... and that was when she heard the beating hooves.

Just a little peek, she told herself as she changed course and padded toward the sounds, for they were different from those that would come of someone simply riding by. It sounded more like drills, or exercise. It wasn't long before she emerged on the scene, eyes peering at a monochromatic Luperci exercising a gorgeous specimen.

Perhaps she should have been more subtle, but she was road-weary and her shoulders screamed from cramping, so she padded right up to the fence of the paddock and leaned on her elbows against the posts.

ooc stuff here | [wc — 200+] template by hilli
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nukiira
Luperci Mate to Theo

POSTED: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 pm

“Good, good!” Ezra praised the animal as he obeyed diligently, despite his sleepy gait from the long walk here. A little coaxing and the beast was at a canter, then a trot, and eventually, the animal had himself a lazy gallop going, nostrils flaring and chest heaving. Bringing the beast to a halt, he ran his fingers down the strong neck,” Fantastic,” The dogman whispered in surprise. With a curious grin, Ezra leaned back and urged the horse in an unnatural direction. The gelding's feet fumbled about for a moment before he finally got the message. Slow, steady steps were taken back, the gelding not entirely comfortable with the motion, but very able and almost willing,” What a treat you are, my friend!”

Finally finished with what the horse could do, it was time to make sure he was completely broken. Now for a small walk out of the corral and to find some lower items the beast might hop over. Just as he turned the gelding about, the brilliant red of a cloak met him at the fence,”Oh! I beg my pardon!” He laughed a bit as the horse interested himself in the ground and anything there that might be worth eating,” I didn't see you there!”

A little persuasion brought the horse to a slow walk, meeting the edge of the fence. The horse wasn't thoroughly interested in the woman, but more the grass that snaked it's way in from the surrounding area,” My name is Ezra Vahn,” He spoke warmly, taking a whiff in. Mistfell Vale. The pack was one of his stops on his last venture,” Might I be able to help you with something, my friend?” Pleasant and pure, the merchant chuckled. He hadn't expected a visitor today, but this was a great opportunity to see how the gelding worked with a stranger around. Surely Amherst was plenty of crowd to ensure the horse just about bombproof, but he wanted to cover all of his bases before he offered sale of the beast.
Loners
Dog
Dark
Luperci Jordheim

Northern Tides