[KR] Celebration of Achievements

POSTED: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Celebration of Achievements

Table of Contents

Celebrating Four Years!

It's been four years since Lucille and August arrived within the riverlands and named the territory Krokar. A lot has happened since then: there have been times of war and times of peace, Luperci have come and gone, some have found love and created families while others have submerged themselves wholly in their work. Everyone who is, or who had ever been, a Krokaran has helped shaped the pack into what it is today. It's time to celebrate our achievements and turn toward the future!

New Game!

Norah Morelli has come up with a new game for this year's Celebration of Achievements! A game called: Ball! The object of the game is to get the ball across the goal line. The ball can be thrown, carried, rolled--however characters think it will work best. Just don't let the other team get their hands on it!

Participants will be split into two teams by KR leaders, and the first team to five goals wins. Please use the form at the bottom to sign up. PMs will then be sent with further instructions.

Team One

• Elias Blueridge
  • Milos Parhelion
  • Finlay Cormier

Team Two

• Eliza Cormier
  • Oscar Morelli
  • Percival Parhelion
Prizes

Each participant will be ICly awarded a ball! It will be made of fabric held by string, similar to this. The winning team will be treated to their own private feast and of course get bragging rights!

Caribou Race

The caribou race this year will be a little different. Rather than by luck, we're giving members the chance to take winning into their own hands with a fill-the-forum style contest! :D Whoever accumulates the most points between 10:00 PM EST on July 2 and 11:59 PM EST on August 15 will win the caribou race!

Points and Prompts

• 1 point: each post made during this event.
  • 3 points: each thread made or joined during this event.
  • 5 points: each pNPC used per thread.
  • 5 points: each landmark within Krokar visited per thread.
  • 10 points: each thread prompt completed.

Rules

• All threads and posts must be made between 10:00 PM EST on July 2 and 11:59 PM EST on August 15.
  • ROs and self threads are not allowed.
  • To claim prompt points, you must make at least 3 posts and reach 1000+ words.
  • These points can be submitted separately for game points!
Prizes

• First place
    • IC: a cane fishing rod and five caribou antler fishing hooks, provided by Gavin.
    • OOC: an avatar bust of your KR character, commissioned.
  • Second place
    • IC: a spear with a caribou antler head, provided by Ilse.
    • OOC: a full-body chibi of your KR character, provided by Mandi.
  • Third place
    • IC: a necklace with caribou antler beads and tines on a leather thong, provided by Marla.
    • OOC: 3-month KR color fade title (Don't Stop Me Now).
  • Everyone: All participants may claim the Cantering Caribou catacomb.

Participation Form

Please use the following form if you'd like to participate in these activities. Members are allowed to choose one caribou from Krokar's communal herd to bet will win. Only one claim per caribou is allowed. Claims are first come, first serve. Remember: Krokar's caribou cannot be ridden! They will instead race one another around a track.

Sign-ups close at 11:59 PM EST on July 9.

Code: Select all
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Participating in Ball:[/b] Yes/No
[b]Caribou name:[/b] leave blank if you're not participating
[b]Threads:[/b]
[list]
[*] Please also list the distribution of claimed points per thread[/list]
[b]Total points:[/b]

Last edited by Krokar on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krokar
OOC Account
Myst & Mandi

POSTED: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:43 am

Character name: Milos Parhelion
Participating in Ball: Yes
Caribou name: Malina
Threads:
  • --
Total points: TBD

Character name: Percival Parhelion
Caribou name: Noatak
Threads:
  • --

Character name: Ailie Morgan
Participating in Ball: No
Caribou name: Nanni
Threads:
  • --

Note: I don't intend for any of my characters to win anything. <3 I just want encourage participation! I'll choose my caribou after everyone else chooses theirs. c:

Loners
Wolfdog
Mandi
Moderator Luperci Mate to Eliza but you'd become my candle in the dark Little Bandit
can you pull down the dawn?

POSTED: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:24 am

Character name: Eliza Cormier
Participating in Ball: Yes!
Caribou name: Amaris (she's going rogue and not betting on Anyu or Noatak this year :o)
Threads:
Total points: 6

Character name: Ascher Stormbringer
Participating in Ball: Nahhh
Caribou name: Myla
Threads:
Total points: 27 (I think??)

Character name: Finlay Cormier
Participating in Ball: Yep
Caribou name: Jack
Threads: None yet
  • Please also list the distribution of claimed points per thread

(if you want to limit me to one caribou bet that's a-okay by me <3)
Last edited by Abigail Sadira on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 am

Character name: Oscar Morelli
Caribou name: Pana
Threads:
Total points: 8 :D 19 (thank you for pointing out my missed points Mandi! Dx)
Last edited by Calia Larsen on Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag (NPC)
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 am

Ehhhhhh why the heck not?

Character name: Elias Blueridge
Participating in Ball: Yes (He will regret this decision)
Caribou name: N/A (I won't be posting enough with everything else going on x3)
Threads:
  • ---
Total points: ---
Asura Creo

Loners
Wolfdog
Songbird
Moderator Luperci
Meant to fly
in that sky

POSTED: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Sign-ups Closed!

Thanks to everyone who signed up to participate in Ball and this year's caribou race! Teams for Ball have been assigned. The thread for this game will be up shortly, so keep your eyes peeled!

Team One

• Elias Blueridge
  • Milos Parhelion
  • Finlay Cormier

Team Two

• Eliza Cormier
  • Oscar Morelli
  • Percival Parhelion

Don't forget to keep track of your points. You can just edit these into your submission post as you go. Happy posting, friends! :D

Krokar
OOC Account
Myst & Mandi

POSTED: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 am

Caribou Race Winners!

Congratulations to Ascher Stormbringer (with Myla) for winning first place in Krokar's 2018 caribou race! Oscar Morelli (Pana) came in second and Eliza Cormier (Amaris) came in third! Thank you for participating! We hope you had fun! :D

All others who signed up for the caribou race, but who didn't tally their points, were run through a random list generator to determine the outcome of the other caribou. This was done strictly for IC historical purposes. :)

2018 Caribou Race Results

1. Myla (Ascher)
  2. Pana (Oscar)
  3. Amaris (Eliza)
  4. Noatak (Percival)
  5. Nanni (Ailie)
  6. Malina (Milos)
  7. Jack (Finlay)

First, second, and third place winners can assume that they were given their IC prizes by leadership. OOC prizes will be requested and completed as quickly as possible.

Ball Victors!

We would also like to congratulate Team Two (a.k.a Team Cormier) for their victory in our first game of Ball! It was a tough game, with many close calls (and at least one injury), but Eliza Cormier, Oscar Morelli, and Percival Parhelion proved themselves victorious.

Winners will be treated to their own private feast, which will be OOCly assumed, and, of course, have been awarded with mad bragging rights. ;) As promised, all participants have been given their own ball to take home and play with as they please! Good game, friends! <3

Krokar
OOC Account
Myst & Mandi

Dead Contests