It all seemed to make sense

POSTED: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:17 am

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Prompt: Just because it's June now doesn't mean it's warm and dry just yet! Summer rains have started to roll by, and with it, some thunder. Is your character scared? Maybe something gets struck by lightning! Open for more than one! Why not get some mingling happening while in the rain? And yeah it's a June prompt, but sure it can work for July too. +300 words.

Summer was beautiful most of the time. Much couldn't be said for a woman who prefered to seclude herself when it was bright outside, but the night time was always beautiful. This one wasn't so much. With summer also came the summer rain. At least the one good thing about rain during the middle of the day was the overcast weather in the sky. Sun didn't do any wonders for an albino woman despite her pale white fur, but an overcast sky helped to balance out her.. conditions...

The pale woman with bats in tow, traveled together out to the Ruined Vasts. Even if it had proved to be a bit of a fluke when it came to trying to live out in this location, but that didn't mean it wasn't a wonder in it own right. Darion and Alexandros rested along Zuri's shoulders, one on each as she carried them through the ruins.

Upright ear pulled back slightly as a drop of water graced her head. Red gaze turned up to the sky. The clouds had grown dark, and the first few signs of rain were beginning to fall. Head turned back down, darting around the place. One of the larger upstanding archways was just close by. It would at least be some kind of shelter while she waited for the rain to die down. No way she was going to ruin her nice look by the downpour. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to have her bats getting wet as well.

As the trio hid under the arch, Alexandros took off, prefering to hang down from the stones while Darion rested himself along the opening her dress. Well.. it was slightly nicer there. Eyes turned out to the land as the rain began to fall, the boom of thunder daring to peek in as well. Looked like they were going to be in for a long storm.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 pm

A shimmering of lightning illuminated the ruins in violent flickers and Elle felt a thrill of excitement. She paused and lifted her head to the bellies of dark clouds, rain drops turning to a downpour against her face. She closed her eyes and breathed in the smell of rain, her chest rumbling with the crack of thunder that followed. A waterdog through and through, Elle Cormier loved storms.

She was still getting acquainted with the territory of her new home, though she was becoming more and more comfortable with the many landmarks as the days rolled into weeks. The Ruined Vasts was becoming a favorite place, though she would never admit to precisely why. In truth, it reminded her of the home she and her twin shared while they were still members of their birthpack. That place, their decaying and decrepit excuse of a house, had been their pride and joy – the best decision they had ever made before defecting from Krokar to join the Vale.

Their house, too, had been in a ruins: the Ruins of Tog.

Padding without urgency beneath sheets of rain and flickers of lightning, Elle set her sights on a stone arch – one of many, if she was remembering correctly – and allowed her eyes to fall from its apex to a pale figure below. The rain had flattened her curly fro and made visibility difficult. Wiping rain from her eyes, Elle squinted and knew that what she was seeing was true.

"Calia!" she called out, jogging toward the figure beneath the arch. But as she neared, it was clear that the woman seeking sanctuary from the storm was not Calia. "Wha' the fff... Ye ain't Calia." Another albino? Before Calia, Elle had never seen anyone so pure of coat or red of eye. And now, in a short span of time, she was meeting a second with similar qualities. "Shit. Ye hev te be her sister, aye?" She smirked. "Ah'm Elle Cormier. Whe aare ye?"

OOC: I haven't had myself a Salena thread in ages~! <3

[WC — 332]

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Mandi
Luperci
these rules are made to break

POSTED: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Aww yisss. A Mandi thread <3. Anyone else is still welcome to jump in at any time. +300 words.

Storms were nothing out of the ordinary, neither were the growing sounds of the thunder in the distance. At least from what she could tell, there was no lightning involved either. There was nothing to fear right now, as there were much taller structures and trees outlining the area that would take a hit from such a thing long before it would hit her or her companions. Still, better to stay under here until it all came to a halt. After all, there was no reason to get her pretty dress wet as well. Guess if all else failed and she had to make a run for it, she could wear one of her looser clothing until it was cleaned and dried out.

Red gaze shifted to the side as Zuri heard the sound of someone calling out to her.. though used the wrong name. Given that there were two albinos in the same kingdom, it was not hard to believe that she would be mistaken for Calia. She had only met the other pale woman one other time, just outside the walls of Mortimer. She had been a stranger, but now they shared a home together.

When the stranger came closer, it was a darker woman, much more curly fur than anything she had ever seen before. Upon getting a closer inspection of the one she had called out it, she had put two and two together to come to the conclusion that she was someone else. A grin moved across her face, fingers moving gently along the bat at her upper chest, "I have no connection to Calia. It is only coincidence that we both look so much alike."

She paused to allow the woman to introduce herself before the pale woman gave her own, "I am Zuri Acidic-Trombetta. How long have you been in the Vale if you don't mind me asking. I've only just joined not but a few days ago."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Elle stood where the sky could fall upon her in earnest, loving the way the water tickled her skin as it made rivulets through her curly pelt. She pushed her sodden mane out of her face and listened to the woman speak, considering her denial of being any relation to Calia with suspicion. "Ach, aye?" she responded, lifting her brows. "Tha's a damn big coincidence." But there seemed very little for the woman to gain by lying. Elle shrugged, deciding to accept her denial for truth. "Ah bet ye shit when ye saw her!" she laughed. "Ah would hev."

Slicking back her mane again with her fingers, Elle lifted one brindled brow at the woman's exotic-sounding name. Zuri was easy enough to remember but the rest of her name was immediately lost on the Cormier. Still, she smiled and nodded in acknowledgement. She liked it, she decided. "Ach, Ah dinnae knaa." She looked up at the falling sky thoughtfully. "Aboot a moon ago?" She shook her head, suddenly bewildered. "Damn, th' days feckin' fly, dinnae they?"

Returning her sea-green eyes to the albino woman, Elle squinted at her through the falling rain. She had on a pretty dress that the curly-coated Cormier, with her upbringing and difference in opinions, thought looked more burdensome than anything. Her necklace, though, she liked. Jewelry, to Elle, was far more valuable than clothing. But there was something else about her that made Elle squint harder and lean forward. "Wha's tha'?" she asked, pointing her finger outwards at the bat. "Looks like ye hev some mud on ye o' somethin'" But was it moving? The rain was falling too hard, spilling into her eyes and reducing visibility. It was making it difficult for Elle to focus on what she was seeing.

[WC — 302]

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

One hand moved out into the rain, though it retreated as another thunder roared across the sky. There was no reason to risk harming herself. Fingers returned to the bat resting along her dress, smiling before her head was brought back to the darker woman. Calia and her had no relation with one another other than their rare condition. There was no denying that it was a big coincidence, but ultimately, that was all it was. Her second comment threw Zuri for a loop. Though not quite the words she would have used, she couldn't deny those facts either,"I suppose you could say that, but it's not because of how similar we look."

So given what could be picked out from her accent, she had been here only about a month. Given that the pale woman didn't know how long this kingdom had been here for, she had no estimate of how long that was. Then again.. if there was enough time for rumors to spread about this place, then it had to have been for a while, "So then you are relatively new as well?"

Darion's tall ears flicked in Elle's direction as her finger came closer, mouth opening to figure out just how close it was. The fingers of his wings began to move over his face, small squeaks emitting from his mouth. Zuri smiled, brushing him gently, "It's not mud. This here is Darion, one of my companions." One white finger pointed up, a somewhat larger bat hanging down from the underside of the archway, "And that one there is Alexandros. They're both bats." It probably would have been easy to guess, especially with the manner the larger one presented himself, but there was no harm in clarifying. To the woman's touch, the smaller bat along her dress removed its fingers, squeaks growing more calm and content.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:03 pm

"Ne?" she uffed, a little surprised. If she had seen someone with almost the same exact coloring and patterns as she had... Elle blinked and shrugged. Okay, she probably wouldn't have reacted any differently. But she wasn't an albino! That shit was rare, as far as the waterdog was concerned. Maybe as far as everyone was concerned. "Wha' was it tha' made ye shit, then?" she asked, curious if there was something besides their shared appearance that had surprised this enigmatic ivory woman.

Flicking her eyes upwards – and blinking rapidly to the pitter-pattering of the rain against her elegant lashes – Elle thought. And then she shrugged. "Aye, sure," she replied. "Ah s'pose se." Member longevity meant little to Elle. From what she had seen in her birthpack, Luperci could call a pack home for literal years and still lack any real respect. It was action and ambition that got anyone anywhere.

Of the bats, Elle was immediately curious. "Shit! Ye hev bats?" she gasped, leaning forward to squint at the dark shapes on the ivory woman's frame. With the sheets of rain falling in front of her face, it was still difficult for her to pick out any details. She gave Zuri only a cursory glance before returning her (squinty-eyed) stare back at the dark shapes. "Damn, lassie, tha's feckin' rad. De they talk like us?"

Admittedly, Elle knew little about bats. But she knew that birds (the important ones, anyway) could speak broken words of the common tongue. And bats could fly, too, so it seemed to her as though it was a reasonable question. But the unique creatures that the woman kept also made the curly-coated Cormier wonder. Nobody else that she had met had pets such as these. The woman lifted her gaze again to her fellow Crowstooth's crimson eyes. "Wheore de ye coome froom, anyway?"

OOC: Ew sorry i'm so smelly and slow gosh :c

[WC — 318]

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words..

The appearance of a snow white pelt such as her own was not a new sight in the kingdom of Mortimer, especially around a certain time of the year. It was this same time of year that the pale woman actually feared for her own life. A sacrifice was required of a pale woman, and if there was a failure to find such a woman, who's to say the crazy Overlord wouldn't suggest taking the life of his own niece? After all, he knew how she felt about him. It would just be one more annoyance ripped out his life, even if she was royal family. Her head shook slightly, "Just that someone like her was dangerously close to my old home."

Zuri's ears pulled back slightly. Bats were a common sight back home... guess that was not the case here. Elle was very curious about them, even going so far as to lean in more to inspect the little bat along her chest. In the darkness created from the archway and the rain, it was a bit hard to pick out their forms. A few fingers gently made their way on the underside of the pale bat's body, carefully being lifted into her hand, "No, they are not capable of voicing high speech, but my mother taught me how to understand their low speech screeches. They've been great help to me."

The long eared bat emitted a few screeches, a little upset he had been removed from one of his favorite resting places. A smile moved across her muzzle before her hand carefully moved forward, "Maybe he's better to see now?"

Of course... Where was it that she had come from? The leaders knew of her past, but many were left in the dark. What reason would there be to lie now? A soft sigh passed through her lips, crimson gaze watching the falling rain, "I was born in a kingdom called Mortimer. My father is second in command next to his brother. I fled the place after committing a crime against the kingdom."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:13 pm

The way the pale woman drew back her ears and shook her head, choosing a word such as "dangerously," made Elle wonder if the memory of her old home – and thus the appearance of one so much like herself – wasn't a happy one. Had Elle been more like her aunt, she might have chosen to dig a little more deeply into Zuri's past. It wasn't so much that Elle wasn't nosy herself, she just wasn't so blatantly nosy, so she chose to bide her time and wait.

That Zuri knew the low speech of the bat was a curious thing. "Shit! Really?" she asked, her brows high with curiosity and interest. "Can ye taalk baack te them too, then?" Elle had heard the shrill voices of bats in the dark of night before as they flitted around and took to the hunt. She couldn't imagine what it sounded like for a Luperci to attempt an imitation of such sounds and desperately hoped that Zuri would demonstrate.

"Ach, aye!" Elle watched as Zuri moved the long-eared bat, her sea-green eyes locked on its little shape. "Wha' did it say, when ye moved it?" she asked, her ears wiggling with the high-pitched sound of the bat's screech. She couldn't help but hope that it was something uncouth and vulgar, because that was precisely what she imagined she would say if she had be moved like that.

And that was when Elle chose to ask after the woman's birth pack. When Zuri told of her origins, the curly-coated Cormier looked up with surprise, her mouth dropping open. "Holy shit. Really?" she asked, her face unreadable for only a beat before it cracked into a broad and brilliant gin. "Feck, lassie, wha' did ye de? Coome on, then. Ah ain't aboot te spread ne rumors. Ah mean, feck. We aall got shit we done, aye?" Okay... maybe Elle could be as blatantly nosy as her aunt Eliza after all.

[WC — 339]

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: Whoa that got longer than I thought. I'm sorry XD. +800 words.

Low speech was a tricky thing when it came to other animals. Those that were at least capable of some parts of high speech could form words, express more what they were trying to say. When it came to a creature like bats, beings that did not hold this ability, could only convey the basic emotions, but with enough personality, it could be a little more complex. A small chuckle escaped from her maw, "I have never thought to try making my own screeches. They would probably be awful. They both seem to understand my high speech well enough, they just can't say anything of the sort back. I've had the time to pick out what they are trying to say."

Speaking of which, Darion piped up again, Zuri's ears pulling back slightly, "Oh he's just upset. If he's not in my hair it's right there in my dress that he likes to hide and hang out. Be nice Darion." The bat replied with a pouty screech, turning it's little head to Elle. His mouth opened with no screech to follow, teeth on display as it's wings moved up slightly, "Oh yes Darion, I'm sure she's so scared of you now."

Of course that statement was likely to turn the attention on her. It had been one of the reasons she came to this place. Who even knew if those chasing her were still trying to hunt her down or if they had returned to Mortimer, ignoring her entirely. Viper probably wouldn't take kindly to that, neither would her cousin. After all, he had now lost two pale women he had associated himself with, though she was probably the only one that mattered.

One hand moved up to her hair, letting the small bat climb inside so she could have both hands free, "Some context first. Both my father and my uncle are well... fathers. My cousins and I have always been at odds with each other, trying to prove to my uncle that I was just as good, if not better than his heirs. There were two key players to this, my cousin Griffith and cousin Drago."

There was a pause, arms crossing along her chest as her crimson gaze moved out towards the rain, "Griffith always had a fancy for me for some reason, and every single time he tried anything, I turned him down. It's the problem with those in that kind of authority. They think they can do whatever they want and there's so consequences for it. A belief my uncle sure had. He's the leader, he can do whatever he wants."

"Anyways, when I wasn't working, my uncle got the brilliant idea to purchase a mate for his son. Another pale, red-eyed woman for him to have all to himself. As if that was ever going to work out. What ended up happening was Drago and this woman, Casca, would meet up in secret, having gotten the chance to better know each other and actually fell for one another. But of course, she belonged to Griffith. And oh was he not happy about all this. Casca was his, even though he never cared about her. She was property, one that he didn't want his brother to have."

Thinking back on all of it, her uncle's side of the family reminded her of just how stupid and selfish they were. Drago not so much, but any of the others were at fault. All the more reason to have gotten away from the toxic atmosphere when she did, "Well, when confronted about it, Griffith and Drago got into a nasty confrontation... which ended up with their brother getting beheaded by Griffith when he tried to stop them. My uncle was not happy. Both his sons we publicly punished for their crimes, Griffith having taken his brother's life.. and Drago... Oh it's so stupid. Viper had him punished for treason for falling in love and courting Casca because she "belonged" to Griffith. Had both his eyes ripped out when he said he would take on Casca's punishment for his own."

"When it was all said and done, and when Viper started to lose interest, I snuck behind he back to help Drago and Casca spend time together again. Eventually, we all made the plan to escape Mortimer, leave forever, a crime against the crown. Mortimer is a choking prison, no freedom within miles. You're at Viper's mercy. You bend to his will, or you're punished. I had to leave, and at least now my cousin is free to live his life."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Everything before Zuri's story seemed to Elle as though hidden in mist, from the little bat with its tiny fangs to the rainfall all around them. If the former Krokaran thought that her own family dynamics were messed up (which, if truth be told, she had), then Zuri's were on a scale that Elle, in all her infinite, self-proclaimed imagination, had never before considered. Like a youth soaking up a story so rich in taboo and vulgarity they should never have been allowed to hear it, Elle listened to her follow Crowstooth with rapt interest.

Not even her mother's tales of folklore could beat this.

In her young life, raised within a pack without such views, Elle had never considered cousins could be capable of love with one another... if, indeed, that was what Zuri was suggesting. It seemed to her as though that was the idea, anyway, and Elle ran with it without confirming as much. And, as the albino woman carried on, the curly-coated Cormier got the sense that her assumptions were accurate when it was disclosed that the woman's uncle had purchased – purchased – a woman of similar looks to Zuri in an effort to placate the scorned lover.

Elle shook her head, her maw partially agape. Zuri held the woman's attention firmly. The drama, it seemed, did not end with the introduction of the other woman. Soaked straight down to the skin with the deluge from above, Elle could scarcely feel the rainfall for her absorption in Zuri's tale. When the woman spoke her closing words and her voice had died away, the dark Cormier could only stare at her for several beats.

"Wha' th' feck, lassie," she breathed at last, blinking. "Aall tha' happened te ye?" She shook her head and clucked her tongue. "Shit, ye were canny te git awey froom tha' bullshit." Elle pushed air between her teeth. "Ye ever hev trouble like tha' agin, ye jus' lemme knaa." Forming a fist, the Crowstoot tapped her chest and smiled confidently. "Ah'll git ye wheore ye kind be safe agin." Though her abilities were lacking, at least her heart was in the right place.

OOC: LOL Elle is Zuri's #1 fan. xD

[WC — 368]

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Mandi
Luperci

Mistfell Vale