Like an old familiar tune

POSTED: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:44 pm

(441)

Now little more than crumbled outbuildings, the once thriving Orchard still remains home to a variety of livestock, the chickens mean and the sheep quick to run, perhaps this place will once more thrive with crops and animals with some tender loving care.

Going off the description of Hee Haw Orchid, Generosity is... making some attempt. Help her out? :D Open for one!

Her mother was the one who told her about the sheep that were roaming in a green field north of Winterwynd. They appeared to be wild, which was a completely unimaginable concept to Generosity, as they flocked without fences and startled when her mother had tried to approach them. She also made mention of chickens (again, wild ones, meaner and not as friendly as Primrose) but the sheep kept Gen's attention.

Given that cows were more difficult to keep their milk production consistent, sheep had been their main source of milk back at her old home. Lambs were born quicker than calves and a sheep's soft wool could be traded for things, too. Generosity didn't care much about trading and it was not why she was approaching the orchard. The sun shone brightly despite the looming gray clouds on the horizon, the threat of a summer storm that did not quite fully realize itself.

It was humid and Generosity desired nothing more than the familiar taste of sheep milk.

Unbeknownst to her, it was why she was so plump. She had been spoiled by the riches of livestock before and the idea of regaining some semblance of her old life motivated her to seek out the flock. She knew her way around sheep—it had been her job to herd them ever since she could run. It was something she had known how to do best after doing it for the majority of her short life so she had an air of quiet confidence as she snaked her way through the tall grass in her Lupus form.

All she had to do was round them up first.

It was easier said than done.

As soon as she was in their peripheral, the sheep began to run from her. Generosity kept up with them, barking and chuffing in some attempt to steer them in the direction she wanted them to go. They were terrified. The sheep back home were docile and followed where they had been pushed, but these beasts bleated like they were being hurt. It panged Generosity's heart but steeled her resolve with the idea that she could give them a better life than one of the wilds.

If the girl had anything redeeming about herself, it was that she was persistent and she had stamina. There were about fifteen in the flock, an unknown mixture of ram, ewe, and lamb, and it took some time to round them up into a cluster and to keep them in a cluster. What was most difficult, and Generosity hadn't thought about this ahead of time, was where to round them up to.

Salsola
Indentured Servant (NPC)
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Malfoy watched in with a frown, but felt baffled at the actions of the wolf in the distance. The male had been walking, just getting to know the land he now called home when the bleating had caught his hearing. Worried that some dangerous animal may be within the pack land, he had gone towards the sound, only to see the dark colored wolf chasing the sheep. What was she trying to do, scare them to death? Though he didn't know much about sheep, he knew enough that they died easily. Watching he did have to give her credit for having enough energy to continue even when it was apparent that there was no way to round the animals up. Twitching his ears, he scanned the area, guessing these particular beasts were wild, so there would be no pen for them. Seemed rather foolish to try and gather them in a group without a place to keep them. Catching sight of some wood in the distance he ran towards it, soon seeing it formed a old fence. It would need repairs, he could see some wood was laying useless on the ground from rot or maybe even strong winds.

Huffing he looked around again then ran to a separate area, more disused fencing, but in a little better shape. It at least had no way for the sheep to escape once they were there. Still, it too badly needed repairs, still it should suit the purpose of a temporary solution to the females goal. Malfoy was panting by the time he got to the gate and opened it after struggling for a few moments. Then he looked for the female and brought his hands to his muzzle "Hey! This way!!" he hoped his shout carried and didn't disperse the sheep before she could corral them inside the poor picture of a enclosure. For a moment he wondered if he should shift and help her chase them in, but by the time he changed she may already have the beasts within the old wooden fence. So he watched, moving so the sight of him would not scare the sheep, but that the female could still see the old surround.

370 words
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 pm

(279)

When a sudden shout carried over the orchard, Generosity almost lost the rhythm of her steps and nearly tripped over herself. However, her paws didn't fail her and she tossed her head over the squirming backs of the sheep to see a Luperci. She didn't recognize who it was, but she saw the open gate that they stood by and she instantly understood what he meant.

With renewed energy she began to bark and run at the flock with a more decided purpose besides keeping them in a cluster. It took a minute, the dark wolf juking back and forth to keep the sheep in line as she slowly inched them towards the gate. In a small stampede of fear, they squeezed themselves into the fence. Some almost ran over the other in a haste to get away from the mad beast that was chasing them—she was sure that's how they must have saw it.

Bucking lambs and bleating ewes brought up the rear and Generosity went into the gate with them. "Close it!" she said breathlessly, slowly down into a trot and sticking near the edges of the dilapidated fence. The flock gathered in the farthest corner, slowly breaking off from the cluster as the wolf stopped pressuring them like she had before. They stayed away from the gate as she stood near it.

A pink tongue lolled and licked at the whiskers on her muzzle. Sides heaving, she looked up at the boy. She almost mistook him for Baelish, but a closer look saw that it wasn't him. "Thank you," she huffed, not believing she can manage to say anything else until she caught her breath.

Salsola
Indentured Servant (NPC)
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Malfoy was moving even before the female told him to close the gate, guessing that it would be as much of a struggle to close as it was to open. Once the last sheep had entered he had headed to the heavy and unwieldy gate. After a moment or two it slid closed and he made sure it was secure so the sheep could not open it. His ears flicked as she spoke again, this time in words of thanks. "You're welcome, but what pray tell, were you thinking chasing them in the first place?" he crossed his arms and got ready to lecture her. Then he thought better of it, this wasn't one of his siblings more familiar with his personality and ways. This was a strange female that he didn't know worth anything. Instead he focused on the sheep, making sure they weren't testing the stability of their new home "This fence won't hold forever. We will either have to fix it or build a better one to move them into later." This part of their territory was lush and green to say the very least.

Malfoy looked to her again, his orange orbs going over her body. She was a nice enough looking female, but he knew deep down what his preference was. A disgusting preference, that he must not give into. Plus he didn't know any male's that had...'attracted' him. Then again he had only met Ares and his brother, not the best males to base what he liked on. Why couldn't he find a female attractive? That would at least be more acceptable. "I don't know you right? I am Malfoy D'Angelo." he didn't care about making friends really, but he should at least know his fellow pack mates by name. Moving a little he leaned against the fence, easing the weight of the sword at his side, a weight that he wasn't used to quite yet. May as well make himself a little less threatening to someone he needed to get along with at the same time. Malfoy tried to relax his face, but this just made him look more stern.

370 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:06 pm

(302)

The gate closed and Generosity found herself in a moment of relief. However, it was short-lived. The boys crossed his arms and his words suggested that he was going to say more. It was familiar to how her mother would berate her and her ears laid flat against her head and she did not attempt to defend herself. She had reasons she could give, but she knew that making excuses would only make the lectures worse.

However, it seemed he was going to hold his tongue and looked out towards the sheep, and she followed his gaze. Generosity was thoughtful as he made the observation that the fence would need to be fixed or one built altogether. She supposed so... Maybe she could ask her mother to help. She knew how to do a lot of things, and mending a fence might be among them. She nodded absentmindedly, looking over the sheep that were starting to somewhat calm down and failing to notice him looking at her.

Her attention was grabbed when he spoke again and she moved her gold eyes to look at him as he introduced himself. D'Angelo... That wasn't a surprised. He reminded her of Baelish in looks, sharing the same monotone pelt with splashes of brown, but their personalities couldn't be any different. "No, I don't think we met—but I know your brother," she said quietly, not wanting to say too much and incite the boy's annoyance.

Soft popping sounds came from her body as she began the process of shifting. It was slow, given her young age, and she spoke through it. "I'm Generosity. Thanks again for helping. I was thinking we could keep the sheep. The pack, I mean. And use them for wool and milk and stuff. Did you ever have sheep milk before?"

Salsola
Indentured Servant (NPC)
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 pm

"My brother the jokester, a grand start to having friends" he may be being a bit sarcastic with that statement. His brother wasn't all bad though....but nor was he really any good. Malfoy winced as she changed right there, speaking as she did. Ugh, couldn't she wait to talk? "No, I haven't had sheep milk....Generosity." A interesting name if he did say so himself. Sighing he tried not to be upset, she had thought of the whole pack when rounding up the sheep. Give credit where credit was due right? "Is the wool valuable?" could they trade it? The male had no real knowledge of what you could do with the four legged creatures. Besides eat them. Perhaps his ignorance was frustrating him, and he was taking it out on her, which was no good really. He had to remember that he had to be nice.

"I am sorry if I sound a bit...rough. I was just curious as to your intentions." he looked over the wood of the fence, wondering where they could gain fresher resources. It would not do to have their newly gained sheep escape now would it? "Do you know anyone who could repair this, or even build one fresh?" he asked while looking to the grey female. Generosity may not know anyone of course, and then they would have to ask around until the did find someone who could help out. What sort of reaction would other pack members have to learning about their gain of sheep anyways? Malfoy huffed, knowing he would not know until they actually told people. That at least may be interesting, and would give him a chance to finally meet more of his fellow pack mates. With that in mind, he waited for Genorosity's answer.

302 words
Last edited by Malfoy D'Angelo on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:39 pm

(372)

Generosity blinked in surprise at Malfoy's biting comment about his brother. Perhaps she was blessed with not having the burden of siblings, but the suggested animosity in his sarcasm confused her. Baelish wasn't that bad, even though his smooth-talking and teasing made her annoyed sometimes. It was mostly just in jest. But Malfoy seemed more than bothered by the boy's nature and it made her curious why he felt that way.

She almost noticed his wince as she began to shift, and she was struck with self-consciousness. Was she doing something weird? She almost wanted to stop the process, but decided to let it go to completion. It would be better if she was on two legs, too, like Malfoy was.

He still seemed perturbed as he asked about the wool, as if trying to find logic in what she had been doing. By then she had completed her shift and her shoulders hunched as she rubbed an arm. "Y-yeah, we used to trade the wool where I lived before. You can make clothes and stuff from it, so Luperci liked to collect it."

Generosity felt like she was defending herself, and she didn't like it. She thought about excusing herself, but before she could think of the words Malfoy apologized. She flicked an ear and looked back at him, her brows raised in surprise. "Um, it's alright. I guess it was stupid to herd them without a plan first..."

She looked around the fences as he brought attention to them and she said, "Maybe my mom. We used to have a bunch of fences where I lived to help keep the livestock in one place and stuff. But maybe I could ask others to help, too..." Generosity reached to give her cheek fur an absentminded ruffle before looking back at Malfoy.

She seemed unwilling to ask, but she forced the question out regardless. "Um, do you want to help make sure the sheep don't get out of this fence? If you don't mind?" Generosity thought there was the threat of the boy getting annoyed at her again for asking that of him, but she wasn't sure what else to say. She felt like everything had gotten off on the wrong foot.

Salsola
Indentured Servant (NPC)
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Malfoy looked to the female, raising a brow "Help in what way exactly?" he could watch them, or help gather wood, or even help with the repairs once they had the tools. So it really depended on what Generosity had in mind. The male didn't mind helping his fellow pack mate out if she truly needed it, but he was a bit surprised she had asked. Normally people were done with his grumpy exterior by now. Then again, it wasn't like anyone else was around to ask right off the bat. "I will stay here if that is what you mean, but please be more specific when asking someone a favor. You'll just confuse someone the way you asked right now" or maybe he was the only one who would get confused by such a way of asking.

Malfoy looked to the sheep, sometimes he wished he could be more like his brother. At least then he could talk easier with people and not make them nervous around him. Trying to be nicer didn't seem to work all the time, then again perhaps that was because of the way he looked? Having never really seen himself that much besides catching random reflections in water, he wasn't sure if he looked scary in comparison with what was normal. Sighing he leaned against the fence more, and felt the wood give just a little bit. Making a mental note of this he looked back to Generosity. "Well, go get someone if that is what you want to do. There is no reason to just stick around here all day is there?" or maybe people got nervous around him because he talked like this. Oh well, not like he could change his whole personality or out look on life easily. The only solution is that he could try to be more careful about his wording, and hope that others would give him a chance to show that he was more than just a grumpy guy.

337 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:56 pm

(205)

"I-I'm sorry," she stammered, her eyes finding the ground as one hand moved to pull gently at her ear. "I didn't mean to, um, confuse you. I just wanted to see if you wanted to help with the fence. This fence, I mean." She gestured to the small enclosure the sheep were in. "So the sheep don't get out." Generosity hadn't thought she was being vague, but she leaned more on Malfoy's credibility than her own. If he thought she was being confusing then that was probably the case.

She looked up and blinked at him, not much unlike a blank-faced sheep herself. "B-but I can't leave yet, I have to look at the fence first. Um, if you don't mind..." Generosity felt like leaving the orchard altogether, just to avoid annoying Malfoy even more. At least she felt like she was annoying him. Maybe he was telling her to go so that she would leave him alone.

The dark wolf hunched a little as she walked away, making her small form even smaller as she skittered along the fence line. "I'm sorry," she repeated over her shoulder, not turning around fully to face him, "I-I'll leave you alone." She looked like a kicked dog.

Salsola
Indentured Servant (NPC)
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Malfoy sighed, great he had scared someone away again. Shaking his head he hurried to follow her "Wait! I didn't mean it the way you seem to have taken it..." once he caught up he walked beside her "There are a number of ways I could have helped right? Mending the fence, watching the sheep while you got tools, or even going to the main part of the pack while you watched the sheep right?" he scratched his cheek "So that is all I meant when I asked you to clarify...I figured since we didn't have tools on hand that we couldn't really do anything with the fence just yet..." was he making this worse? Frowning to himself he wondered why he couldn't just be more like...well his brother or maybe even his sister. Both of his siblings seemed to make friends easily while he seemed to chase people away with his more stern attitude. Still, he knew that sternness had kept his siblings out of trouble before right? Or maybe he just thought so.

The grey male looked to the fence, looking for the worst parts that needed repair right away. "I guess I am trying to apologize for my behavior...I am not very social unlike my brother..." his ears flicked back momentarily, as if admitting it out loud was the worst thing ever. He decided to just leave it there, as he tested a particularly loose looking beam of wood. It wiggled as he tugged on it and he made a mental note that this part would have to be replaced or re-nailed. "Lots of rot..." he mentioned more to himself than anything "Might be easier to just build a whole new surround..." he rubbed his chin, knowing he was not a very good tool user. Baelish seemed good with tools, but he hated the thought of going to his brother for help. Then again the more they had help them, then the faster the task could be completed.

339 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

Dead Topics