You were the last good thing about this part of town

Ezra

POSTED: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

NPCs - Jandro, Phobos

Jandro was his name, he was a decent looking guy. Soft reddish fur, with lighter and darker patches and floppy ears, a dogs tail. His accent was so plain clothes that it was almost indistinguishable from the murmur around them. He was a farmer's boy, he said. Born to a duo of woman just like Till had done for she and Calla. Helena could agree and support this, men were mostly utterly useless but they did have their... pros.

There were two others that followed behind her. The black Serf carried her trade items she was bringing to this deal, bags and bulging satchels galore, Jandro had promised that this trader was in control of such things that she might wish to part with a great deal. Then the behemoth that she had previously associated with.

Helena had been quite put out to find him still alive, still breathing. His remarks that her food might have been going bad had rankled although she hid it downwards. That should have killed him had appeared to make him sick for less than a day. Twisting upon the opportunity provided she offered him employ again, as a bodyguard this time rather than a thick muscled enforcer. She had no desire to belong to those duly robbed of their valuables. That was her area of expertise. Petty thief risen to robbing stagecoaches, how appropriate.

The small building was closer to the northern outskirts of the derelict town and they settled in to wait for the other man. Helena drew her red cloak closer about her, with long tresses flowing to mid back. Nothing to suggest she belonged to either Lykoi or Salsola. Phobos dropped his loads and loads, arranging them neatly for Helena to grab with ease and disappeared from the place, she sent him to patrol and be watchful.

She was fascinated to see that he was a type like her. The flowing body and long nose, the exotic features. She sat forwards in her seat, across the old, cracked table.

"Welcome, Monseigneur Vahn. Please, won't you join us. I am Sekhmet L'automne, Jandro zais you 'ave stuff to be trading, Oui?" The sharp smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

Feel the heat of my breath
Hear the furnace in my chest
Last edited by Helena Troy Lykoi on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
Merchant Apprentice
(Online)
Jace
Luperci Conserje Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:29 am

The jingling and rattling of the cart cried out as Ezra pulled the horses to a stop. Fantasy was calm, and she aided her fellow draft in doing the same. Hopping down from the wooden cart with Ezra, was the younger boy, Arrow, he'd found not long ago. He seemed, all in all, a different boy, and Ezra's marbled gaze watched on as he worked through to tie the cart up and start building a camp. The poet couldn't help the grin that spread across his narrow maw, but he couldn't revel for too long. There was a meeting to be had.

Working his hands into the cart, he produced a large bag of jute, two leather folds of paper and several of his other fanciful goods. Macrame, horses, plain jewelry and the other sort of survival goods he kept in stop like catgut and rope as well. Neatly and sturdily he packed the items away so they wouldn't tangle. Arrow could be seen darting in all directions, trying to do his job as fast as he could so he could impress the man who'd given him a chance.

"N'the fire'll be start'n soon," The split colors of his muzzle parted into a wide grin," Ah gots' wood'n tindlets. Gots' a place'a sit'n I'll put th'pot here!" Arrow explained while he worked, all the while Ezra nodding and listening well. He couldn't believe he had a job! He could save up enough to make his return worth it, even though Ezra advised against it. He didn't truly believe the Merchants words. They wouldn't put a bull-ring in his nose. They were his family and he could earn their love!

Ezra lifted to his feet and swung the pack over his shoulder," Alright, my friend. You know your job and what to do. I've left a blade in the cart for you, just in case you need it," Though Ezra didn't figure he would. As he became a figure in Amherst for his wares, fewer people thought to take from him. His prices were fair and he didn't earn enemies as quickly as other merchants," Do you want me to try and bring you anything back?" He questioned as he released Fantasy's reigns and readied her for riding.

Arrow shook his head," Nah. Get'wha we need'n sav'mah half'er my pay!" The excitement in his voice was infectious as he lobbed a log onto the campfire's site and spun around to reach for the cauldron. It took him a second to realize he had nothing to put the pot on, and he ran back to the cart to fish out the iron hook that hung the stewpot above the flames," Dinnae be when'ya home!"

Ezra chuckled from atop Fantasy's back," I trust you, Arrow," He spoke, a soft warmth in his tune that spoke of the admiration the young man was gaining," Do well and we will see about a promotion? I could use help with making goods," A nod of black locks and a whinney, and the merchant was out of sight. Arrows eyes were bright and wide. Ezra was becoming something of a hero to him.

The calmer clip-clop of a horses walk echoed throughout the streets of Amherst until he finally found the building. The watchful eyes of a sentient being found him first, but the Merchant did little to incite suspicion. Ezra slid from Fantasy's back and looped her reigns about a fence post that was sturdy, but freestanding. Proceeding to the door, he opened it with caution. At the sight of those inside, he couldn't help but stop for a moment. At first glance came the monster of a man he'd met in Sapient's lands. Heavens to the sky, that man stood tall. There was also a different way about him compared to his personality, or lack there of, in Sapient. He hung like a shadow in the building but Ezra hadn't forgotten the information he'd gained. This was Shaamah, and he worked as a body guard for those that hired him. He didn't think there was anything to fear from his presence, and the fact that they'd met before on kinder terms would ease the tension that might have grown for a loner.

Then, the two-toned eyes fell on the svelte frame that he hadn't expected to see. The slender frame, the narrow muzzle. It was as if she were his twin, but a different color. He did manage to catch his breath in his throat before the movements of Jandro came from behind. A small introduction was given and Ezra made his way to his seat, opposite the table from she who named herself Sekhmet," A pleasure to meet you, Lady Sekhmet," He dipped his nose in greeting, but remained polite, though confident in posture. He had no reason to announce that he and Shaamah knew one another. If he was working through protection, that might make him seem a double agent if there were suspicions. If he was a double agent? Well, Ezra wouldn't be the one to call him out on it. He valued his skin on his bones, thank you," Jandro is right."

Standing from his seat again, he brought the sack from his shoulder and set it gently on the table. Piece by piece his goods were spread out for her to see, and Ezra rounded the table to explain the items one by one. Finishing, he opened his hand and drew it across the goods," Now, you know what I have, my lady. What are you seeking? And for that, what do you offer?"
Loners
Dog
Dark
Luperci Jordheim

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Helena Troy Lykoi

NPCs - Jandro, Phobos

She excelled at games like this, she had been playing them since she had been old enough to begin manipulating the people in her life. The only one Helena had never brought herself to do such things to were her own, precious, mother. Was it a sign that Helena still held a sliver of a conscience somewhere? Likely not.

Her greedy heart was lightened as the merchant man spread out his wares before her. Briefly she watched him, the black and whiteness of him, it made her desires grow and she wanted to slip a collar about his pretty throat. She wondered at the adorable slave-children he and Nephele would make.

Covetous eyes tumbled over his products, assessing critically the quality and assigned value of each. The paper.. she wanted that, all of it. Salsola's wealth was vast but there essential things that none within knew hoe to produce, like paper. The light gleamed in her eyes like the sparks from a burning fire.

She picked up the paper and turned it over and over, her fingers rubbing the sheets. Her gaze darted to him and she set down the paper,

"'Ow fortuitous for zhe both of us, paper es what I seek. 'Ere.. zhis es what I am 'aving to trade." Dulcet tones belied the bubbling excitement in her breast.

She unpacked her own items, a substantially larger offering than the borzoi man. Bottles of spirits; Vodka, mead and moonshine. Jars and jars of powdered and dried herbs of all kinds; tobacco, mint and lavender among them. Cloth bandages of varying quality, folded leather cloaks and boiled gauntlets - spoils from the war with the Boreas she had been told. A nest of wooden carved bowls, obviously luperci-hewn. Leather bags that were good for multitudes of things. Salted and smoked meats and fish along with a few jars of tallow and whale oil.

It was a merchant's delight, one that had the sense to see where he might sell such things onward. Paper was valuable and she assumed it took time and skill to create, and... while a man was busy making paper he was not hunting for food or doing any of the other essential tasks for a good life.

"What es your pick, Monsieur?" The sheer amount of goods she had brought with her had been the reason for her hiring of the Sapiens man.

Feel the heat of my breath
Hear the furnace in my chest
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
Merchant Apprentice
(Online)
Jace
Luperci Conserje Mate to Calla and Till

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 am

Marbled gaze skirted over her features momentarily as he laid his spread and the shine in here eyes as the pages were unveiled was a whisper, but a powerful one. Selling handmade pages with his quality and finesse, with his stock of textures, colors and scents, was not something he took lightly. He knew when one was going to strike a fair deal to him, and the glitter of her eye in that fraction of a second, meant that she knew what it was worth, and that she wanted it. Assure that the second her sight came up to meet him, a warm smile still painted his features, only to have eyes inconspicuously falling to the set up of his wares. Everything was laid beautifully, and whether it was the aesthetic that helped sell his wares or not, he enjoyed a pretty spread.

Sekhmet handled the page carefully, but with scrutiny. By way of word, his was the best of this rare material that Nova Scotia had to offer and her mellifluous words sung as she brought her own items into the deal. With all the dealings that he had worked, it was with calculating gaze and a hand pressed against his chin that he watched piece by piece what she had to offer. He knew what he needed, but if the woman wanted paper, and a lot of it, he would have to measure the worth of some other items to make the deal savory. For longer moments, the swirled gaze of earth and sky found the gauntlets that she poised. They would do well to keep his wrists from becoming sore with the horses reigns and gathering textile from thickets. Among other things, the medical supplies would always be good to have as his supplies waned and the food was certainly a good offer.

Sights lingered over the wares, but he found his gaze trapped on the bag of lupercii make that she's placed up as well,” May I,” A hand was offered out to inspect the quality of the bag. Turning it in his hands, he was not disappointed. Fine quality, excellent durability. This would be perfect to leave Arrow with the cart on deliveries, since the boy showed such promise.

Placing the bag back to the table, as it wasn't his yet, he made his wager,” For the bag, the gauntlets, medical supplies and the food you have,” His voice lingered, but he pulled his hand from his chin and placed it lax on the table,” Put forward your price for what you desire,” From there, he would gauge what she felt was the fair price, or whether her heart had more deceit than honesty. If she bore an unfair deal, Ezra wasn't going to utter a word. He could make plenty of paper and it wasn't worth the near-death experience that a skirmish of three against himself might bring.

Especially if that three, were he. Eyes lifted to the soldier, judging his expression for but a moment, before falling back to Sekhmet. It was a dangerous place for a wry deal, but he wouldn't deal with her again if she sought to short him greatly. He knew what he had and he knew it's worth. With the rarity of paper on the line, surely she might know that consequence if the thought dared to cross her mind.
Loners
Dog
Dark
Luperci Jordheim

Sticks and Stones