And I dreamed up somethin' special to give that ocean

cNPC joining | Kodiak Pass

POSTED: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Barn swallows warbled cheerfully from the abandoned buildings of their meeting place. Thyri closed her eyes. This place held a special meaning to them both. It was impossible not to feel bittersweet at the knowledge that this would be their final moment here.

But they were together.

"We could take outings here," Merlin said, as though he had read her thoughts. "This can still be our special place."

Thyri smiled up at him. How he always seemed to see the optimism in everything was a gift she never held. "We could," she agreed, and wrapped her hand around his. "And we will." A moment passed between them and then Thyri tugged at his hand. "But first, you have a pack to join."

Merlin laughed. "Do you think I'm courtly enough?"

"You'd better save that one until after you've been accepted," Thyri groaned, though her amusement was obvious in the way her lips quirked upwards.

Hand-in-hand they walked, moving steadily toward Cour des Miracles with the donkey, Magnificent Beast, following behind by her lead rope. Ginger's acquisition from Portland had been Arthur's doing and Merlin didn't feel it right to take her with him, so he left the roan brood mare behind in Casa di Cavalieri. Aside from his bow and quiver of arrows, the Knight wolf had no other belongings.

Before long, they were at the Court's northeastern border and Kodiak Pass beckoned from beyond to swallow them whole.

"This is it," she said, looking up at him. Excitement shimmered in her eyes.

"I'm ready," he replied, meeting her eyes. There was confidence in his voice, but the tight grip of his hand around hers was telling.

Holding his gaze a moment longer, Thyri tilted back her head and let out a call for Kalypso or Abigail.

OOC: I've adopted Merlin Knight from Melissa and Sunny to be Thyri's cNPC, so he's joining the Court! This takes place after this thread. <3

[WC — 307]

don't leave this world to me
Cour des Miracles
Chambellan
Mandi
Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:40 pm

--

A walk for fortitude was well prescribed. Iris had said as much with a glint in her eye, that southern wisdom irreproachable. She had advised that a good, long stroll would ease the stress, strengthen a body that could not be exercised well, while keeping her active. Kalypso had to begrudgingly agree that the regular walks had been a blessing to a body that swelled up almost daily, it felt like. The life within wriggled and the most brisk pace she could manage helped distract from the seemingly odd sensation inside of her.

So it was a mercy that she was on such a stroll when a call came for her. Or for Abigail. Stubbornly, though, the Reine chose to answer with a return call that signaled to her Archiduchessa that the situation was in hand. She heaved a sigh after the call echoed away and rested a hand on her belly. Thyri was probably one of the half of her half-siblings that supported her, even a little. She wondered, though, why she would call on the borders when she had no such need.

It took her a bit of time, mostly waddling, until she got to the point where she straightened and walked more normally in an attempt to convey that she was not completely, entirely uncomfortable in her body. Her hand was still protectively atop her belly as she approached Thyri and a man.

Her brows rose very obviously, and a smug grin appeared on her face as she saw the way the two seemed to spill electricity off one another. Thyri had a lover? What a strange twist of events. Kalypso had been so sure that there was no one in the woman's life or that sh was perhaps of a different persuasion toward the opposite sex. Regardless, there was a glint of mischievous pride in her glance.

Well, well, what have we here, Thyri? she asked, eyes pointedly fixed upon Merlin with an appreciative look.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:35 pm

They waited and the birds, whose song had been interrupted by Thyri's beckoning call, resumed their musical number. "Your sister is a queen?" Merlin asked her, trying to sound merely interested but forgetting to hide the note of mild concern in his voice.

"No," Thyri said simply, smiling up at him. A subtle look of something – surprise, perhaps, or maybe relief – flickered in his spring-green eyes and the wheaten Dawnbringer wrapped her arm around his waist. "My sister is the Queen."

If Merlin was a humorless man, he might have been annoyed. Instead, he crinkled his nose and lifted his lips upwards sharply – a look of someone who had just been bested at his own playful game – then lurched forwards and tickled Thyri's unprotected tummy in one abrupt motion. Her laughter lifted into the air between them and she pushed him away. Their movements softened and the Knight laughed. "Well played," he said. "I'll make a jester out of you yet."

Thyri rolled her eyes up at him and clicked her tongue. "Good luck," she offered amiably.

"I've got plenty of that."

Before she could respond, the pregnant shape of her half-sister strode into view and Thyri's demeanor shifted to one of professionalism and respect. Despite his nerves, Merlin took note of this change, his lips quirking softly in amusement, before turning pointedly to Kalypso. Thyri bowed as customs required of her, flicking her gaze upwards to see that her lover had not yet followed suit. She tugged on is arm until he understood what she wanted and quickly bowed along with her.

"My Queen," she greeted with a smile, looking from her sister to her lover. "This is Merlin Knight." Her ears burned hot and red and she swallowed. Suddenly and unbidden, Thyri was acutely aware how, not once, she had ever talked of her romantic endeavors... or lack thereof. "He's... we're..."

"I wish to join your Court," Merlin continued, glancing meaningfully from Thyri to Kalypso. "I've left Casa di Cavalieri to be with Thyri."

Thyri tugged at the base of an ear. "We've known each other a long time," she began to explain but found herself at a loss for how to continue.

"It's a long story," Merlin offered. "But we reunited again a few moons ago and, well..." He looked at Thyri warmly then glanced back at Kalypso with an apologetic look, as though what he was about to say was potentially offensive or repulsive. "I guess we're kind of in love."

If Thyri was relieved when Merlin initially took over explanations, she was not particularly impressed with how he decided to conclude matters and, by the soft groan she made and the way she pushed the flat of her palm against her face, the knowledge of this was obvious.

[WC — 476]

don't leave this world to me
Cour des Miracles
Chambellan
Mandi
Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:29 pm

--

It was certainly a twist to see Thyri at a loss for words in a bashful, girlish sort of way. The scarred woman was a battle hardened warrior and it seemed that her heart was so softened by a male companion that even beneath that rough exterior was something soft and warm within. Kalypso could not help but smile at it, even though there was a strange pang within her core over the very idea of it. She realized vaguely that it was envy that curdled within her belly and that it was something she did desire. Yet, it was a desire buried beneath fear, anger, and resentment.

She had love once and it had bitten her solidly in the very soul. Her fingers were blooded with the life of he whom she loved first in life beyond her own family. Her heart was scarred by the experience and she was resolutely against letting herself open to the concept after the first ended so disastrously.

So she chose instead to be happy for Thyri. Kalypso knew her so little in comparison to the rest of her half-siblings, but she thought that this was perhaps long overdue. The sheer rapture on their faces told her that much, that it was destiny intervening at last. Or something soapy like that.

Kalypso nodded her head to both as they seemed to jump in to finish one another's words, holding back mild chuckles. They were like a pair of overeager children and it showed. Then Merlin dared say love. No, he did not dare, because it was true and because he felt it. For them it was a reality rather than a make believe farce with greedy intentions.

Kind of in love, hmm? Are we looking to have a Ceremony of Silver sometime soon, then? she asked pointedly toward her half-sister, wondering if the woman would blush bashfully or stand stoic and happy in the face of an embarrassing and probing question. It was odd, since Thyri was older, and Kalypso the younger, though one outranked the other. I don't see why we can't take yet another Cavalier man into our fold. I'm sure Kira would love the company in such a title, she added with a chortle. What other Cavaliers were looking to romance their Courtly women?

Fingers tapped on her heavy belly, but she somehow was soothed despite the nearly constant state of anxiety she was in due to the pregnancy and her immense distaste for the condition. You'll have Abigail in a fit, you know.

She did not dare ask if there were children on their way already.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Cour des Miracles