New lands, new friends?

Zuri

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Malfoy was sitting under a tree, the one he usually slept under at night, but today he just wanted the shade. It was warm, the summer making itself known quite well. It was nice, but awful at the same time, since his darker colors meant he would heat up fast. So he had decided to take a break in the shade, though the only thing he had been doing was lifting and moving rocks. Not small rocks, but bigger ones that he thought may prove as a challenge. Something to help bring his strength up, since he had been avoiding regular work outs since joining the pack. The male really needed to be more careful about that, and start his daily walks and runs again. Staying in shape would help his work with weapons as well.

Giving a small yawn he finally stood and stretched, if he was relaxed enough to yawn then he had taken a long enough break. Looking around he wondered if there was anything he could help anyone else with that involved heavy lifting. Or at least would involve him moving at all. Scratching his cheek he spotted someone he didn't know, but since he didn't really know anyone here yet that wasn't really surprising. Shrugging he moved towards the other canine, soon seeing that it was a female. Judging from the mixed scents coming from her, she was new to the pack. Interesting...well, he supposed he should see if she needed any help. "Hello, I am Malfoy. Do you need any assistance with anything today?" Malfoy hoped he didn't seem too odd just asking out of no where. Still, how else was he supposed to approach this exactly? Trying his best to focus on the present, and not get too nervous, he waited for the females reply.

307 words
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:50 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Moving about during the day was not ideal in most situations for Zuri. The glare of the sun against her eyes was too much of a hassle, and the heat against her skin didn't do much to help that in the dead of summer. It was the main reason she prefered to be out during the night, not having to worry about either one of these issues. Then again, in a setting where not all of the pack was like this, she would have to adjust. Most of her nights would be spent awake, but there would need to be times where she was awake at the day.

It was at these points that the pale woman prefered to hide among the shade of the trees. The forest, at least the one near the Ruined Vasts, provided good cover, and made her not have to squint as much when she walked about.

Upright ear twitched to the sound of a voice behind her. Without much thought on what was going on around her, she had not even considered that someone else had been close by. This had to be another member of the Vale, as no stranger was likely to make it this far into the kingdom without being stopped by someone, "Ah, not today I'm afraid. Don't know how much more I'll be wandering."

Zuri's head turned over her shoulder, noticing the recognizable color scheme of the male, now Malfoy, carried on his pelt. Well, there was something familiar. Now there was no doubt in her mind that this man was another of the Vale. One finger moved up, grin crossing her face, "You look a lot like Baelish. You related to him? Or is it just coincidence?" She had been mistaken for Calia on more than one occasion, even though there was no relation. It was not hard to assume that something similar might be the case here.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Malfoy nodded absently as the female said she didn't need the help, then had to hold back a groan. His brother really was just talking to everyone in this pack, wasn't he? "Baelish is my younger brother" he supplied then looked around rather listlessly. What should he do now? This new member didn't need any help, and he had no real plans for the day besides his normal exploration. "Do you...want any company in your wanderings?" he wondered a moment later if it was too odd to ask such a question. "If not, that is all right, it is just that I will most likely end up doing some wandering of my own" that was better right? Even though it sounded stupid once out loud. He really needed some tips as to how to act around new people, this was just ridiculous. Scratching his chest idly he gazed at her in a vague sort of way.

The male was not asking because he liked her, he wondered if that was normally a factor. The question had come forth more out of his own boredom than anything else. Still, he did not think that she would really accept his presence, since most folk stayed away from him. Or perhaps he stayed away from others more? It did not seem to matter in the long run. Ears flicking as some birds made their presence known Malfoy looked to the trees briefly. Soon he would have to at least find better shelter than the open sky, it was rather depressing in his opinion. The winter would be here faster than anyone would like, especially himself. He had always preferred the warmer days of spring and summer, though he could tolerate fall to a certain point. Sighing softly he focused on his pack mate again.

305 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Over peaceful slavery

It wasn't hard to guess the two of them were related. At least when it came to her and Calia, it was just the fact that they had the same condition, both were albinos. There was no mistaking the likeness this male had with Baelish, whom he confirmed was his younger brother. Considering the manner in which his face looked once he had provided this information, it was safe to assume he wasn't close to his younger brother.

It was in the whole family dynamic to be expected that there would be some family members that were not fond of each other. The statement couldn't be more true when it came to her and her uncle's side of the family. Drago was alright, but there was no care left for the Overlord himself and her remaining two cousins.

The pale woman's head turned up in thought before her piercing red gaze turned back on Malfoy, "I don't mind some company. Are you going to flirt with me like your younger brother does?" A small grin moved across her face, wondering how he might take to something like that. Given her reaction to his looks, he was sure to get annoyed by something like that.

Once the male had chosen for himself whether he was going to come along with her, she brushed out a few of the winkles in her dress, arms crossing against her chest, "I'm Zuri by the way." Figured it was better to get her name out of the way now than later. She turned her attention towards the lines of the trees, leading both of them through the forest, "So Malfoy, what is it you do for this kingdom?" It was at least something to start some conversation going.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Malfoy opened his mouth, then snapped it shut as the female spoke. Of course his brother would flirt with her. If it was a female and breathed, Baelish flirted. He opened his mouth and tried again to speak “No, I will not be flirting with you.” the reasons why could be left out of any conversation they had as they walked. “I...do not do anything yet" of course he wanted to find some use for himself in this new land, but right now he had no idea if what he wanted to aim for was going to be possible. Orange orbs went to the path and his ears flicked back “I should start doing something soon…” maybe help with gathering food for the winter, until he got enough courage to go and train himself.

Why was he still putting that trip off? It was not like it was forbidden to go traveling, or to visit other packs. Perhaps he was just nervous about it, the other pack was not close by after all, and the changing seasons would entail different weather to be dominant. Huffing lightly he decided he should just get it over with, maybe spend part of the fall training, then return before the winter snows got too bad to traverse. It felt as if a weight lifted as he mentally decided on a plan and he faced to female again. “What do you do?” He may as well return the question her way, if not out of his own curiosity than because he actually wanted to talk some more. Maybe he should try making more friends while he was at it, though if he did he was sure to hear no end of teasing from his brother. That was a rather heavy thought, but he supposed he would just have to deal with it, if ever such a thing were to occur.

316 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +200 words.

It seemed Malfoy was keen on distancing himself from his flirtatious brother. His tone and his actions showed that enough. Perhaps there was something more to it, but he wasn't about to reveal what that was. Perhaps his brother would be more willing to speak on the matter. After all, it was easy to get information from those that were attracted to her. One had to be careful though with siblings. Some things could tend to be blown out of proportions.

The same could not be said when it came to her cousins. Everything she said was completely factual.

The male admitted that he didn't really do anything for this kingdom. Why not? Everyone had their place. Zuri was still adjusting to her new life, but was eager to get started on some combat work, delve into some trade relations with some other areas around the Vale, and other such things. If she was going to be living here, then it would be time to put her talents to some use. This male should be doing the same, working with what he was good at.

The same question had been given back to her. Arms gently crossed along her chest, red gaze meeting with his own, "Nothing right now. Once I've completely settled in I hope to take part in some trading as well as improve my combat skills. I had one small lesson in hand to hand, but that's about it, and without a weapon of my own, it doesn't help. Hopefully I can find someone in a trade run that would be able to craft a weapon for me."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Malfoy perked in interest when she mentioned combat. It seemed they had one similar interest at least. "Hand to hand huh? I actually want to learn different kinds of weapons, and maybe train others once I learn enough" his ears twitched slightly "As for trading, my brother may know someone who can craft or get you a sword." was he actually suggesting someone talk to Baelish willingly? Well, his brother was into trading, so it wouldn't hurt anything, and Zuri had already met his younger sibling. "It is worth a talk with him anyways...." hopefully. Knowing his brother, the younger male would think this female was interested in him somehow. Scratching his cheek he hoped that Baelish would go easy with his flirting if it was a meeting about trading. Though Malfoy had never really seen his brother be serious, he did let up on his joking sometimes. Perhaps that was his brothers way of being serious? A strange thought.

Shaking his head he looked back to Zuri "Of course you do not have to do such a thing if you don't want to. I know personally that my brother can be quite....exhausting." or maybe he just felt that way because he was the 'responsible' brother. Looking ahead and watching the shadows shift slightly he fell silent and decided that maybe he should have another talk with Baelish himself. It wouldn't hurt anything as long as he resisted any drinks that his brother may offer. Getting drunk was never wise, and getting drunk with his brother was even worse. Huffing lightly he pushed the thought aside to think about later. Right now all he had to worry about was walking and chatting with his fellow pack mate, and hope that he didn't come off as too boring.

302 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Over peaceful slavery

Combat had been something held in high regard when it came to those living within Mortimer. All in the royal family had been introduced to combat, and while the same was true with Zuri, her father had taken to showing her the ins and outs of their trading circle rather than this side of their training. For this, her siblings had more skill when it came to combat. She had taken what time she had to practice with one of the polearms back home, and had a good feel for the weapon, but never enough time to refine the art.

And learning more than one means of combat was never a bad thing, "I've wanted to do something like that as well. It's why I asked about hand to hand. It needs more refining though."

His suggestion that Baelish might know someone who could craft her a weapon peeked her interest. A sword? No, that was not right. It was a good weapon, but not something fit for the pale woman, "I much prefer the use of a polearm. It had much more reach than a sword would, and has greater advantage in some situations." It depended on the shape really. The one she had in mind had a good change for blocking another incoming weapon, "But I will keep that in mind."

A small grin moved over her face as Zuri emitted a small laugh, "Oh you have nothing to worry about. I know how to handle men like him. I can always recruit Alexandros to help me find ways of getting back at him."

This walk was actually turning out to be rather enjoyable. It was nice to find someone with some common interest as her own, even if that common interest was in the art of combat. An idea crossed along her mind as the two of them continued along, "What sort of weapons have you worked with? Maybe I can find something to pick up for you as well. Or perhaps we could do some training together sometime?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Salena
Luperci

Dead Topics