gave you a minute when you needed an hour

Krios

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:27 pm

There was still no sign of her. The memory of the dark woman was a strange thing now – a wavering shadow of memory that twisted and changed each time that Brocade thought of her. He remembered moments differently than he thought he would; her leaving had impacted him in a way that he had not been prepared for. He thought of their bed a once warm and beloved place, the cabin and the way she had made her mark in it. Now it was a cold and empty thing – listless and laid bare to the wantings of his heart.

He thought of Elphaba less – though sometimes while he slept she joined him in his dreams.

He would wake up parched and breathing heavily – his vision swimming vibrant unflinching crimson.

Brocade spent time with the other members of his Faction, the message of Etoiles disappearance spreading smoothly through the pack. Many had helped him search or spotted him loping along the border in an attempt to find a clue. Adelia would like her feet on the stairs and narrow his shiney eyes at him – she thought that she had left of her own accord, had decided that this life was not for her. That he was not for her after all.

It pained him, but a small part of him understood.

He and Krios rode together through the dark wood – barking words at one another as they separated and came together again, their horses tossing their shaggy heads. ”Do you think we’ll find them?” They had come prepared, and a long bow lay slung against Brocades shoulders, his spear strapped against the side of Tonnerres saddle. The dark boy was looking more and more like a man – the sharp angles of his face different than Brocade remembered them to be.

He had a new name now, a new title – and a new future wife.

All things that had Brocade mulling over his nephews status in the pack.

”How are things going in your new home?”

For Krios!

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
you forget I have a gypsy heart
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Krios sympathized so much with his uncle, but was glad to never be in such a position. What would he do if a friend with whom he was so close simply vanished, leaving nary a trace of her presence remaining other than memories and fading scents? What kind of a cruel world were they in that such a thing happened.

The Revlis man could not say he knew anything about Etoile, other than that she existed and that Brocade had cared for her. He had seen her in passing but never really spoke to her with any sort of substance or motivation. He had never thought that there would be a moment where she would leave their lives, but he could not say that there was any sense of missing a person who he knew nothing about. He only missed her in the sense that it brought a clear pain to his uncle's eyes and that the man was likely saddened by the vanishing. That was why Krios looked for the woman and hoped to find her, for Brocade's sake.

He had his bow, his precious dragon-head bow tucked against his back, much like his uncle's. There were knives at his thighs but he was not great with them. His bow was, after all, his singular talent. Knives ended kills faster and provided defense at close range. But the whole point of archery was to ensure that he never come close to an enemy combatant if he could help it.

I hope so. Can't let a bunch of thieves linger, he replied, finger the reins of the horse he had borrowed from his grandmother. He refused to call the animal by its shortened name, especially considering how childish it sounded to call a horse "Ducky". He quite liked Deception as the title. Much more manly than a goddamn water fowl.

And then his face flooded with heat as the question came. Oh, god, how were things going at home? What a question. He swallowed some nervousness before chuckling as though in good nature. Going. We're at least somewhere along the way to a nice home. He shook his head, feeling a disappointed complaint coming on like a bad cold. This whole betrothal thing.. it's a little difficult. Understatement of the decade.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Striker
Gen
Vedetto, Milite Mate to Kamari
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Krios, despite his new name and title was still a member of Brocades immediate family. He found that he missed the boy sometimes in the silent cabin – he had always been there for a drink or a casual conversation, something that now in Etoiles absence Brocade felt like a weight. He spent some evenings drinking himself to sleep, spinning the empty bottles and gazing off into the darkening forest. In Salsola names meant something, they held a similar weight – and now Krios was a member of a royal family and it was something that Brocade still did not fully understand.

He meant to ask Ondine of it but found he could never fathom the words.

In the end, it was really none of his business.

The soldier clicked his teeth from atop his horse, the Gypsy Vanner picking his way through the overgrowth. Tonnerre was eyeing Krios’ horse curiously, flapping his velvety lips in the silence of the forest. Brocade liked the way the forest seemed to hold its breath as the predators passed beneath it, and he tapped the spear that rested against his leg as Krios spoke. The Valentine man nodded his head, canting it so that he could peer at his nephew.

”I can’t imagine.” The horse made a snort, tossing his mane, ”Will you choose when the ceremony will take place?”

Part of him wondered if Elphaba would announce it during a Last Supper – a surprise for everyone involved, for a second time.

”I suppose she could have assigned you someone worse.” He smiled, ”Kamari has proven herself to be quite the spy. She is ambitious. Keen.” He shrugged his shoulders, ”A good match. Difficult, but good.”

:)

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Krios gave such a dry laugh as they continued on through the woods. Seduction waved along beneath him, ignoring Tonnerre in a way only a mare could, despite her usually skittish nature. It seemed being among so many canines and having so many care for her left her slightly less nervous, though she was still liable to bolt in case of an emergency. She was hardly trained for war or dealing with a warrior on horseback, though his grandmother had assured him she had been ridden in such a way in the past. It was a vague, cryptic sentence but she had absently touched the scar on her collarbone with the assurance, so he assumed that she herself had ridden the mare into a fight.

Funny. You seem to think I have a choice in that matter, he said with a laugh, as though it were truly funny. Of all people, Brocade had to know that Elphaba was headstrong, determined, and power hungry. None of those things meant that he himself would truly be in control of a situation that involved the Boss.

He shook his head, not wanting to think about what on earth Elphaba would demand of them next. A sudden announcement that they were married quickly at a Last Supper? A moonlit ceremony with sacrifices? A public feast with the eyes of everyone upon them? Who knew what whimsy she would follow when the time came. But that time was indeed coming; there were fewer and fewer reasons to hold it off.

I do like her. I like her a lot, but it's the principle of the matter, he added softly, looking straight into the forest, fingers clenching over the reins. If we had been free to choose, I doubt she would have chosen me in the end. She spent more time with O'Riley and likely as not felt something for the man. Krios did not want to think on his suspicions but knew that he would have never been Kamari's first choice.

He sighed, heavily. We.. we should focus on these thieves, he said with a clearing of his throat. Brocade would know his pain, Krios felt. He would understand the feelings involved with having to do something one did not want.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Salsola
The Striker
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:59 am

In Salsola choice was a fickle thing – a thing that jumped and bucked like a wild mustang but was necessary. Brocade had come to decide a great many things amongst the Kingdom of Thistle and Thorns – to accept Etoile back into his life, to seek out power, to nurture his heart. Krios had had decision stolen from him in a way that Brocade did not fully understand, but when he spoke he nodded thoughtfully.

”… You’re right.” He clicked his teeth, his expression apologetic as he frowned out into the trees. ”I suppose The Boss has her reasons.”

Elphaba was an enigma, a woman that not many understood or could claim to even know. Brocade thought he could see past her shadowy edges and the sultry way he crepy beneath his skin – but truly he did not know her. He made a sound in his throat and ignored the strange sensation that brewed beneath his ribs.

Krios was right to draw their attention back to the thieves.

Brocade had first noticed the signs of them during one of his patrols – tiny foot prints that had followed the line of horse tracks towards the sea. At first, he had thought nothing of it, but something had triggered in the back of the soldier’s mind.

Once, Hyacinth had told him a story of how a poacher had attacked one of the oldest members of the herd – a gleaming silver mare who had been a part of the landscape for generations. They had almost killed her and been forced to bring her to Marrgerd to live out her days in peace. He had even seen her there recently, her long scraggly mane a testament to her age.

They had returned to find more tracks, more evidence that someone was inspecting their border.

The pair rode in silence for a time, and Brocade finally tugged on his horses reigns – fanning his ears as a cacophony of horse sounds filtered through the trees. "You hear that?" He snarled, "Let's go."

:)

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:28 pm

He didn’t want to think about Kamari. He didn’t want to let the doubts fester in his chest like a spreading poison; it did not matter what would have been if things were different. It did not matter that they would have gone different ways if they had been free. To dwell on such a thing would only invite resentment and bitter feelings. Krios had a duty to uphold and it would be so much better if that duty was not tainted by harsh emotions.

It was easier to focus on work, which he seemed to do more and more. Hell, even his body ached from the extra labor he underwent. Between training himself, sparring, and working on getting their archery pitch completed, his muscles screamed for respite.

Krios refused to allow his body to quit and could feel himself wearing out. A day away was in order, he thought, and at least even that would be distracting.

His ears were paying extra attention outward, away from himself and the awkward questions that threatened in his heart. The noise of horses in distress had definitely hit him when Brocade caught them as well. Fingers tightened on the reins and he could practically feel the surge in anxiety in the mare between his inexperienced legs. She wasn’t really ready for a combatant rider, but she would hopefully not bolt with him on her back.

Hopefully.

Right! he exclaimed, sharply jabbing his heels into the mare’s sides, prompting her to surge forward into a much faster pace. One hand on his pommel, he gripped his dragonhead bow in his other hand. The herd was up ahead, the dust of their hooves obscuring some view while the smell of strangers overtook the man, forcing a growl from his throat.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
The Striker
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:48 am

The sounds that the horses made goaded the men onwards through the trees – and as Tonnerre grew closer to them Brocade could feel the way his body tensed beneath him, the sound of his breath coming fast and rough through flared nostrils. For a moment there was nothing but the four of them in the trees – the stalwart soldier and the brooding Revlis-son and the sound of their running horses.

Soon there were more horses – patches of silver and black that sidestepped and bucked, kicking their pale heels up into the air.

For a moment Brocade thought that perhaps he saw blood, but he couldn’t be sure. A rumble built in his throat, and he reached for his spear, gesturing at Krios with a bark as a shadowy figure loped after the horses. The thing was heavy and secui looking, with shaggy fur and a great mane of hair around its neck.

For a moment the Gaurdian thought that perhaps it was the cougar – the ghost of a creature that he had been hunting for months – but as they grew closer they could hear the familiar pants of a luperci. It was making angry sounds, and Brocade was shouting – hitting the pummel of his saddle with his free hand as Tonnerre tossed his head and trumpeted back at the fleeing horses.

”Krios!” He shouted the boys name without thinking, cocking his spear so that it rest against the crook of his shoulder – ”We need to get closer!” A horse balked, stamping its heavy hooves so hard against the earth he swore that it trembled. The beast twitched an ear, lashed its tail – and disappeared amongst the bushes and reeds that grew between the trees.

A pale horse peeled past him, and for a moment he thought it was a ghost – but its buttock was stained red from where the beast had clawed it.

:) Feel free to PP the secui beast! :)

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Krios eyed the herd with a critical eye as the herd came into view, running furiously as something chased them with a prejudice. There was blood coloring the air like a vivid marker of iron and steel, primitive and unwoven. It was not some sort of spook: the horses were being chased by a large, hulking creature that was undeniably a canine. They were right, unfortunately so.

Seduction was not happy with the situation, trapped beneath a rider that spurred her toward the herd that neighed and whinnied in warning that only an equine could understand. He could feel her heartbeat under his hand racing in fear, caught between instinct and duty. Once before, she had been urged to join the fray and somehow, she was an instinctual charger for all her skittish reluctance.

Krios struggled to stay upright with the bow in his hand, fingers aching where he clutched the saddle. Somehow, an arrow was in his mouth as they spurred the mounts on, goaded by the sight of an enemy, a horse under their protection bleeding from the flanks.

His name was called and he reacted with instinct rather than thought. He knew that his name should never have been spoken aloud away from Salsola, just like he would not have yelled Brocade's name, which meant that the situation was suddenly too serious, too dangerous to even worry about the propriety of the thing. Were the situation less harrowing, less adrenaline-fueled, he would have remembered.

Instead, he kicked the mount harder, spurring her forward as she protested but moved anyway. The secui creature growled beside him, seeing a rider mounted on a horse. It snapped its teeth toward him, forcing Seduction to prance away. Twitching, hesitant, he gripped the saddle with his legs as best as he could, with all the force in his body and quickly settled his arrow from mouth to bow and aimed at the thing chasing their horses.

He shot and missed wildly, hitting the ground as Seduction cleared a small log, throwing him off. Krios cursed, reaching back to clutch at the saddle's horn.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
The Striker
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Brocade had always been astounded by the power that came from his horse. Tonnerre was a powerful beast and had been gifted to him long ago by his father. Dirge had been meticulous in the selection of his animals bloodlines, had been sure to select stallions who had fared well in battle and returned to the gypsy camp with their masters still in the saddle. Brocade had never paid much attention to the work his father did with the animals, though he could remember the strong scent of blood around their camp as he desensitized the horses.

First blood, than loud noises. Later still fire.

It was all a slow process, a quiet dance that took them through their steps and had them prepared eventually for war.

Tonnerre made a sound as the secui beast threw back his head – an arrow bouncing and skittering along the forest floor before lodging itself firmly in his leg. The metallic scent of blood filled the air, and Brocade heard some of the wild horses trumpet fearfully, the stampede of their hooves like thunder in his ears. Krios was silent atop his mount, prepping another arrow and baring his teeth against the wind which pressed past them.

Brocade set himself in his saddle and cocked his spear, snarling defiantly as he pressed Tonnerre on. The horse lowered his head and leapt forward as Brocade launched the spear toward the secuis exposed ribs.

:) Feel free to PP the secui beast! :)

Salsola
The Director
Amanda
Luperci Vedetto, Milite
listen to the wild

POSTED: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 pm

How on earth that arrow managed to successful lodge into the creature’s legs, Krios had no idea. Some divine intervention, clearly, because his arrow had not flown true and clearly the hulking beast was not paying good enough attention with so much going on.

Brocade thrust his spear toward the beast, regret flooding the Revlis archer. He had no such weapon and there was no desire in his chest to get off the horse to fight with knives. That seemed to be a stupid idea any way it was sliced for him, so he decided that it was better not to even contemplate getting off Seduction.

Krios watched the secui monster snap at the spear poking toward his exposed ribs, but was too slow. It pierced the flesh, but the scent of fresh blood was lost to the wind and the already constant aroma of iron. But the creature – whose sex was difficult to decipher with so much overpowering scents in the air – persevered despite the spear digging into its side.

A loud roar escaped it, followed by a lunge away from the spear. The creature pulled back slightly and seemed keen to nip at the horse’s flank, away from Krios’s line of sight.

Cursing somewhat, the archer slowed his horse, causing her to nearly stop and whinny in protest at sudden commands. But he spurred her forward as soon as he managed, pulling her head toward the other side. It was harder to aim from that angle, especially with Tonnerre at risk of an arrow in his rear. But it was a better risk than trying to shoot between his feet.

Krios’ next arrow successfully buried itself into the secui creature’s flank, causing it to scream out in pain and turn around suddenly. Seduction panicked, rearing up with her hooves flailing at the animal. Unfortunately, Krios lost his balance and his seat, tumbling off the mare and to the ground with a loud thud.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
The Striker
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

Dead Topics