Wailing sun

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 pm

(312)

Generosity whined lowly in her throat as she tried to separate the lamb from its mother.

It had been a few days since she had corralled the flock of sheep, with the help of Malfoy, and she had been visiting them daily since. It was mostly to secure the temporary enclosure they were in until grander repairs could be made to the fences that surrounded Hee Haw Orchard. Her mother agreed to help with the latter when Generosity explained herself and worked on it now as Gen busied herself with the sheep's enclosure.

The flock weren't keen on her presence yet, and would run away in a tight-knit shuffle whenever she strayed too close. She used bits of metal that her mother found and a brick to nail old pieces of wood into the weak spots of the fence, and the sheep were disturbed by the ruckus.

Generosity ignored this for the most part, until an uncharacteristically loud wail rose over the calls of the sheep. The wolf jerked her head away from the fence and saw a tiny white body being trampled, and she dropped the brick and hopped the fence. She struggled and landed roughly on her feet, and she began to chuff hurriedly at the flock.

The flock dispersed as the small Luperci approached them, and even the lamb, despite its slight limp, ran with them. The ewe that must have been its mother tried to herd it to the center of the flock but Generosity was quicker. She was clumsier at running on two legs, but she managed to grab at lamb by its haunches and tried not to dig her nails too much into its soft fleece.

The flock abandoned the lamb as it cried, and Generosity only sat down on her rump and gathered it in her arms in an awkward hug, trying to inspect it.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:50 pm

I prefer dangerous freedom
Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

As much as Zuri would have loved to take a nap, letting herself get some rest before the night began to bloom in the sky. Being awake during this time of the day was not great... though at least on the up side she had been able to interact with another member of her new home. It was nice to be able to discuss a mutual interest between the two of them. She had been trained back home, though her talents were more on the trading circle. Now that she was able to decide more for herself what she wanted to, it would be nice to turn her attention more on the art of combat. She had already begun with a bit of hand to hand, but that could only do so much.

A sound began to drag the pale woman from her path. It hadn't been the sound of another luperci getting injured, so that was something. Even so, it sounded like something was in distress. Guess the time for rest could wait a little bit longer.

The pale woman followed the sound of the voice until it just seemed to die down. At least she had been heading in the right direction. There was a pause when a flash of white appeared in the distance ahead of it. Upon closer inspection, it was easy to tell they were a flock of sheep. There was one more thing. There was a brown figure sitting among the white, one little bundle resting in her arms. Slowing down her pace, Zuri began to step forward, keeping a small amount of distance. As the sun came into view, one arm moved up over her eyes, giving them the shade they needed to allow her better sight. A little lamb cried in the woman's arms.

Closing space between the two of them, her own red gaze inspected it briefly, "Such a shame. Think it'll be alright?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:15 pm

(211)

Preoccupied by the struggling lamb in her arms, she didn't notice another approaching. When the stranger spoke up, it made Generosity jump and she released the hold she had on the baby. Owlish eyes turned to look up at the figure and she almost mistook her for her mother; both were white-furred and her mother was nearby, somewhere. But shocking red eyes were what she saw and it gave her pause.

She was bewildered for a moment before she found the words to speak. "Um, I think so," she answered, her tone uncertain and betraying the confidence she truly had. The lamb continued to wriggling in her arms but it was starting to tire, and Generosity could sense this. With more ease she took hold of its back leg and gave it an experimental push. The lamb cried and renewed its struggle.

"It doesn't seem broken," she observed out loud. Broken legs usually swelled and became hot. Maybe it was just a sprain. Generosity glanced around, and when it seemed she couldn't find what she was looking for, she looked back up at the woman. "Could you, um, hold it for a second? I need to get something, and I don't want it to get hurt more."

The lamb bleated loudly.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +300 words.

Zuri was not familiar with the concept of care fo any animal besides horses and bats. Most of the trading she had done back in Mortimer was for trivial things or items that were simply added to the kingdom's overall stock. It had been her job as well to take care of the horse she used whenever she left with her father to go for another round. Her other companions were easy enough to take care of, both of them looking out for each other and feeding themselves. It wasn't like she was spending time every evening catching bugs for them. They would be able to do that more effectively than her.

Red gaze focused on the lamb squirming about in the brown woman's arms. It was doing it's best to get free even though it had just been trampled over. Head turned up briefly to see one of the sheep pushing through to get ahead of the rest. The mother, of course.

When it was speculated that nothing was broken, that should have been the point where the woman should have set the lamb free to be back with its mother. Or.. maybe that was the mentality of Mortimer's culture kicking in again. She wasn't back in that place anymore.. this was a place of freedom and people with more care than the lack of it present in her old home.

The pale woman gave a small shrug as she made her way to the woman's side. It would be nice with some shade from the sun, but from the sound of things, the woman wouldn't be gone for long. Lowering the arm from her forehead, Zuri's eyes squinted. It was so much harder to see in the glare, but she could still make out the outline of white against the brown fur. Hands reached out, taking the lamb into her arms, doing her best to grab at the animal's legs so it wouldn't be able to kick around wildly, "Be quick. I don't know how long I'll be able to hold it."

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 am

(301)

The lamb was exchanged hands, and it wriggled carelessly. It mattered little who handled it; the entire experience was something it didn't want to be a part of. Regardless, it was tired from all the running and the fight it was putting up was feeble at best.

Generosity lingered on the ground for a moment, just to make sure the lamb was secured, before pushing herself to her feet. "I won't be long," she promised hastily, "Just need to get some scraps." Not wasting time to explain herself more thoroughly, she made for the fence and hopped over it, heading towards the dilapidated barn.

Along the outside of the building (where she made sure no wild chickens were poking around before intruding), there were all sorts of stuff. It was essentially junk. Piles of broken bricks, rusted metal, wooden handles with nothing on their ends and infested with rot. It was where Generosity found the "red rocks" to hammer the wood. There were also slivers of torn cloth.

The wolf was gone only for a few minutes before she returned with a handful of yellowed material. In her other hand she had two thin pieces of wood that felt sturdy enough for their purpose. She hopped the fence again, announcing, "Back," as she walked back to the two white beasts.

She stooped down, gesturing for the woman to keep a hold of the lamb, and took its injured leg to sandwich it between the pieces of wood. As she began to wrap it in a cloth, she began to relax, as if the excitement and anxiety were behind them now. "Thank you for holding her," she said, glancing up at the other as she wrapped the leg. "I'm, um, Generosity by the way. And this is Cotton." She patted the lamb.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +200 words.

Doing this sort of task was new to Zuri. Back home, she would be taking care of much more important things, such as handling the trade routes and inventory, not working with livestock. That was a task better left to the common folk of Mortimer. Then again, being in such a new environment meant that she would have to learn to adjust to new things. She wasn't part of royalty anymore. It had been the one thing she missed back home, but had all but left behind when she assisted in the escape of Drago and Casca.

Red eyes watched as the brown woman disappeared, then turned them back down on the lamb in her arms. The little thing kept fighting as best it could, but with the strong grip between both the women, it was clear it was starting to die down on resistance. At least this would be much more manageable in the heat.

The pale woman's head shifted back up when the woman returned with her supplies. Adjusting her posture and the manner in which she was holding the lamb, it was now easier for the other woman to do her work. She observed the making of the splint, then offered the animal back to the woman. Best not to dirty up her dress more since it would be a bit hard to clean it.

After the woman introduced herself, it was time for her to do the same, "Pleasure. I am Zuri Acidic-Trombetta. So I take it you work at lot with the livestock then to know how to handle things like this?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 pm

(234)

As they spoke, Generosity ran her fingers through the soft fleece of the lamb absentmindedly. It no longer struggled as she held it, though it needn't be held anymore. Perhaps it tired out and didn't have the strength to fight anymore, but it was somewhat responsive to Gen's petting. The babies were easier to imprint Luperci presence on them.

The dark girl blinked her large eyes at Zuri, sort of blanking for a moment as she tried to commit the rather long and odd name to memory. It took a second for her brain to catch up and after a few moments she responded hastily. "Oh, yeah, I -- I mean, my mom, she used to have a lot of animals. I helped out a lot with them."

As she spoke, she finally released the lamb. It lingered for a few moments in her lap, but it seemed to suddenly realize the hold on it was gone as it got up and ran. Its lope was awkward to accommodate the new splint it had and didn't seem to mind it as it rejoined its mother. Generosity watched this for a few moments before turning back to Zuri.

"I never met a wolf with red eyes before..." It was a rude thing to say, but Generosity didn't sound mean. Rather, she sounded curious and a bit mystified. "Where are you from? Are you from the Vale?"

Salsola
Indentured Servant
Shannah
Luperci dusk stars
CELESTE
fleeting heart

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Over peaceful slavery

OOC: +200 words.

Crimson gaze watched the animal resting in the brown woman's arms. Now that all the trouble was over, it was finally starting to relax. Guess that made sense even if it hadn't tired itself out. Surely by now it realized the two of them were helping it... well at least the darker one cared more than the pale woman.

Zuri's attention returned back to Generosity, having confirmed what she had first thought about her talents. So she had been around animals for a long time. No wonder she knew what to do in this situation. At least it would have been far more better than ending this broken lamb. Perhaps if no one had been around to see the scene that the two of them had walked on in the first place.

Her head moved back down when the brown woman let go of the lamb. It laid there for a moment before getting back up, quickly rushing over to it's mother. What a happy little reunion...

Red eyes met with her's. Considering one of the leaders was also an albino, it was strange this question hadn't been given to her first. Then again... maybe it had and she just didn't know about it. From the Vale? No... she was a stranger to these lands, and a bit of a dangerous one too. Giving a shake of her head, pale hands moved to her lap, fingers curling inwards slightly, "No, I am not from here. I come from a distant kingdom called Mortimer. I fled here after committing a crime against my uncle."

Lies were meant to be reserved for outsiders, not those within her new kingdom.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Salena
Luperci

Mistfell Vale