Welcome to the gospel of dismay

For Coaxoch

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:01 pm

And every broken heart will mend,
So help me, I won't let this be how it ends.

Dahlia had enough of it. She had grown sick of watching her beloved sister fall into the state she had put herself in. It didn't matter how many times her younger sister told her that it wasn't her fault, that there was no way they could have predicted this, that Izual was no longer around anymore to harm any of them, she would not accept her words. The older sibling was so caught up in her grief, and there was no pulling her out of it. Well then... it was time to take some matters into her own hands.

The younger sibling had asked Faith to meet her at a very familiar beach, to which she was at least willing to do. She stood along the sand, leaning against the staff gripped along her hands. Blue green eyes moved along the scripture words lined along the wood. This had been her father's... the only thing that was left of him. His body had never been found.. and it was something that wasn't a note.. They had the time to live their lives with their mother... but now she too was gone... but what was left of her's?

In the meantime, the younger sibling had traveled further to the north. Dahlia was not stupid. She had caught on to the sneaking around her sister had been doing, the talk of the one armed male whom had rescued her and shared meals with her. If her family couldn't get through to her, then maybe he could. The only problem was trying to find him. With any luck, her sister wasn't going to leave that spot until her sister returned. There was no way she could go back empty handed. He had to be here somewhere.

Feel free to skip over Dahlia finding him and asking him to go to the beach if you want. | [wc — 300] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:32 pm

If only God would talk to me, and promise me tomorrow
Word Count → 479 :: OOC: wowie hai there

Coax had been on a routine visit outside of Salsola. He had been doing some light searching around the areas that he had found the captors of both Sebastian and Faith. He couldnt ever stay away from home for too long, for Coaxoch had to make sure that Helena had not been abusing his friend. He trusted Helena in the same way that he trusted a snake, in which he didn't. He liked Helena, he thought that she was a good mother, but she had not really been his mother so despite him calling her as such, he still did not know if she would intentionally hurt him, and if his father had been too much under her claw to actually do something if she did hurt him. He had ridden around on Korosk with an ease that had been something that could be seen as unnatural, just had his helm been as he hunted with his one arm occupied not by reigns but by a sharp spear that he used to both poke at things and also protect himself if need be.

While most would have strayed when they saw the man with the elk mask, superstitious and afraid, she had not. She had walked up to him and looked at him with a glare as if she had known him. He was taken aback and he felt his hackles rise on his back before she boldly proclaimed that he must have been the "man her sister has been talking about". He only knew what she was talking about when she had brought up the meetings on the beach that were supposed to be secret. It was only then that he believed her and followed her direction to go to the beach on this day so that he may talk to the female.
He chased down a rabbit on the way to her but made sure that he was not wasting too much time so that she would not grow bored and walk away. He wondered what had made her sister come and look for him though, for she had mentioned something about Faith being mopey, but not what she was mopey about. Coaxoch worried slightly and would have fidgeted his hands together but, well, you know. Instead he took his thumbnail and scraped it against the wood of his spear's handle, damaging it ever so slightly, but not enough to break it. Not yet at least.

He finally saw her along the beach and he dismounted Korosk with ease as he found himself rushing towards her. He dropped his spear to the sand and pushed his helm back on his head. Faith. Are you okay? he asked immediately as he reached out to her. Your sister came to me...she ws worried about you... he told her, but still wondered what this all was about.

Drowning in myself as I am facing imperfection

Template by Kitty | Art by Jasmae@FA

Salsola
The Family
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Dahlia was not about to give up her search, not so soon. Patience was not one of her strong suits, that being saved for her older sisters. To be able to press on forward considering what their father had done to their family.. to look out for one another.. there was no better fit than her darker sibling.. but now all of that was thrown out the window. She had to do something. Sitting around and hoping things would get better on their own just simply wasn't an option.

Green gaze focused on the man with his horse, noting the one arm he had. Her sister's secret was safe within the circle of their family, though only the younger one had learned about it. His antler crown bared into her as his head turned, eyes showing some look of surprise through the skull's sockets. She was not afraid. Izual had been a terrifying force, considering what he had done to their mother, she had been the one to repay him for what he had done to them. If she had to do something when he threatened her, then she would stand her ground. He only had one arm, what damage could he possibly do.

However, at the mention of her sister, his demeanor quickly changed.

Worry seemed to surge through him, prompting the gray girl to have him follow her to the beach. She had given a basic explanation towards their destination about what had been going on, but no details about their mother's tragic end. As the sands began to come into view, the younger sister ducked into hiding, leaving the robed woman alone with her man.

Blue green gaze moved up as he appeared, tilting his mask back and dropping his weapon as he made his way over to her. A soft smile managed to make it across her face, "Coaxoch.. So that's why she told me to come here.." She should have known, but wouldn't say anything against her sister's methods. He had been there for her when he rescued her.. so here he was now.. even if by some outside means.

Once the tan male's presence began to sink in, the staff Faith held fell to the ground, her arms slowly moving around her friend, her face buried in his chest, "We.. we found our mother.. dead on Inferni's borders.. She had been torn apart.. eaten.. and left there.. I.. I couldn't protect her.."

ooc stuff here | [wc — +400] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Word Count → 460 :: OOC: bloop

Her greeting had been filled with an unspoken sorrow. His bright eyes of spring and flowers looked her up and down over her form. She looked well, much better than the last they had seen of each other, so he could not imagine what else had happened since their small break from one another. He worried of her, of Inferni because of their evident move, and the fact that he cared about her as he did for Sebastien. It killed him that she had been so far away, that she had suffered so much since they had met. He almost thought as if this was her God punishing her for seeing him. He didn't want this to be true, he just wanted her...he just wanted her to be safe. Coaxoch just wanted her to be safe, and it killed him to know that she was so far away, that he could do nothing to convince her to come to Salsola. That Salsola's values, that they were so different, sinful, blasphemous to her beliefs that it would take something so dire to convince her to come to him, to be with him, to live with him in his dark graveyard where the spirits protected them.

She let her own staff fall to the ground and she buried her face in his chest. He was taken aback a little bit, but knew that this touch was good, that he should not flinch away from her, and he didn't. Coax wrapped his one arm around her while his stump also wrested over her shoulder. He pushed the end of his stump to keep her head close to his chest as she mumbled about her mother being found dead at the borders. Coax drew in a sudden gasp at the news. You aren't safe there, Faith. How...How many times is things like this going to happen before you leave the coyotes behind? his words were abrupt and angry as he felt his nails from his one hand grip into her side slightly. The pressure pulled her closer, as close as he could have possibly been to her, where their bodies connected in ways that he wasn't used to.

Please Faith. I just want to protect you. I want you to be safe, I want you to be okay when I am gone, and Inferni is not doing that for you. Your family has hurt so much since the war, and I cannot watch you hurt anymore. he felt tears start to form in his own eyes as he looked down at her, hoping that she would reconsider staying in Inferni. He just couldn't watch her be hurt anymore to where he could do nothing about it.

Salsola
The Family
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Faith could feel nothing but overwhelming sorrow. She held this feeling when she was with Dahlia or Hope... usually not when she was alone with the spirits. She was drowning in her own guilt, trying to swim to the surface, but it kept pushing her back down. She could feel the man's one arm embrace, the stump of where his second arm would be resting along her shoulder. It felt strange, but not un-welcoming. Her body shook, in his arms, tears slipping out of her eyes as they fell down along her cheeks, "Sh-she went out... for the firs time... since m-" She stopped. Basilio was not her father... Izual was.

But she knew already by this point? What he had done to damage their family, "Si-since father abandoned... us... since... Izual raped her..." Her tears came faster, "The... the one time... I don't go with her... this happens... I failed her Coaxoch.. I was supposed to protect her and I couldn't even do that!"

The robed woman winced slightly, feeling his nails digging in at her side. Head broke away from the chest as her blue green gaze met with with his'. She wasn't safe in Inferni. Maybe... in some way... he was right... but she couldn't abandon all of them like Basilio had. Hope was an adult, as was Dahlia, but the three of them were all they had of one another. The three daughters of Crucifix. They had to look after one another.

Besides, Salsola went against everything her beliefs stood for.

She watched the tears start to form in his eyes. Now it was really hitting her. She was hurting him. She had already failed her mother, and now was she failing him too? How could she do this to him? He wanted nothing more to protect her, just as she wanted for her family... and she was the one refusing him because of her beliefs. Would Salsola even accept her if she didn't lie? If she couldn't lie? She would never be able to leave...

And what about Hope and Dahlia?

Faith's head lowered, eyes staring at the ground, "Inferni is all I've ever known... and I can't leave my family Coaxoxh..." She paused, thinking on a few other matters bouncing around in her head. When her head finally rose back up to him, her ears pulled back, tears streaming down her face, "Answer me honestly Coaxoxh... Would I be accepted in Salsola?"

ooc stuff here | [wc — +400] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:48 am

Word Count → 553 :: OOC: bloop

Her body trembled against his own. He thought he could never imagine how hard it was... but no. He knew how hard it was. His own mother had abandoned them, and his father brought the flattened, dead tail of their mother when she had passed. He had been almost a man when she had gotten sick and abandoned his father with the young Priya and Dirge. They were barely weaned when she had gotten sicker and sicker before she wandered off into the night. He knew what it was like to lose his mother, but he did not know how hard it had been to lose a father too. He did not know the dynamics of Faith's family, and he did not know what it was like to leave his family to try and find a safe-haven. He couldn't understand the gravity of what he was asking her, and all he knew was how he felt after seeing her in pain time after time.

This Izual would have killed you too. The Gods sought that he did not. hissed the male through clenched teeth. His nubbed tail lashed back and forth as his blood started to boil.

"This Izual. I will find him. I will kill him" he promised himself within his head as he looked down at the small female. Who is this Izual? Why has Inferni not murdered him for his transgressions? how could a holy place not execute one who would harm their own people? Coaxoch did not understand. Coaxoch did not know Inferni.

Is he the one who murdered your mother? Consumed her flesh?

She mentioned not leaving her family, that Inferni was all she knew. He knew the feeling, they both were young. Salsola was all he knew. He had heard of times where his own family had fled from Inferni, though, he knew it was the right place because of this. Coaxoch took in a deep breath, he tried to calm his nerves. He wanted to show her compassion. He wanted her to see his reasoning. Salsola seems to be the safer place. I have a friend, a brother that was of Krokar that came to my borders. Bloodied, beaten, much like you were, not long before you were. he told her, growling lightly as he did explain. He did not tell her of Sebastien's status in the pack, that he was a servant and nothing more, and while she would probably like to be warned, he was going to spare those details for now. Coaxoch still was working with Bun to make their debts "go away".

Coaxoch sighed lightly as the woman asked him about if Salsola would take her. He would grab her by the face if he could, but his hand rose to touch her cheek lightly. I'd....I'd pay any price to make sure you are safe. he told her as his hand wiped away a tear that rolled from her eyes that were as mystic as the depths of the Blackwoods. You accepted me as I am, did you not? Faith? If you will have me, then Salsola will have you, too. he told her, trying to reassure her that they would take her at any cost, so long as someone was willing to pay for it.

Salsola
The Family
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:24 am

Izual would have killed her too. Well it certainly wasn't the first time he had tried. First was when the male caught her and her mother together, him tossing her into the water before Crucifix agreed to spend time with him so long as he didn't harm her daughter. It was sickening, all the more reason to want to protect her mother more... and then again when she had rescued a stranger from his grasp. She had been put in the woman's place, only for her to return and save her rescuer. The two escaped from the unconscious man.

But if it came right down to it, she would rather give up her own life so that her mother could live another day. Hope and Dahlia might have lost a sister... but they would still have their mother to watch and care for them.

Her voice grew low, just barely a whisper, "I would have done anything to protect her... even if it meant my death..."

It hadn't dawned on the robed woman that he wouldn't know who this man was. Coaxoch didn't know any of those within the clan. Forehead rested against his chest, "He was once a member of Inferni... back when we still lived in the mansion territory. He was always interested in our mother... but hated my father for having her. So when Basilio... my father... left us, he made his move. He tried to get our mother to like him..."

She paused, "But when my mother refused his touch... he took her anyways, raping her and then tried to sneak off. He was chased away by my uncle... I... I don't know what he had been doing since then..."

Faith had grown silent, but he spoke up, wanting to confirm if this was the man who murdered her.. who ate away at her mother's flesh, "Yes... he is..."

The tan man was not going to give up on her. He wanted so much to convince her that Salsola was a safer place; and she truly wanted to believe his word on that... but there were far too many conflicting thoughts right now. The war had revealed to her the information that slaves were kept there. She had learned that it was the home of her half sister... Helena...

No doubt she would be bitter that her family would not release her when she had become Inferni's prisoner during the war. Her loyalty to the clan was strong, but she still came to make sure her sister was cared for while in Inferni's grasp. They valued secrecy over the truth. Head turned up slightly to the mention of this friend, someone who was like a brother to him that had come to Salsola's borders a beaten mess... rather than go back to his home in Krokar? Why? Why would he leave his home so easily? She could understand if it was to stay with someone close while recovering... but it seemed to be much more than that, "Why didn't he do back?"

Faith's head couldn't help but turn into the hand as it was brought up to her cheek. He'd pay any price for her safety... and he was so confident that his home would accept her. She was still not so sure, "Even if I can't lie? Even if I was part of the war against them?"

ooc stuff here | [wc — +500] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:03 am

Word Count → 525 :: OOC: bloop

She seemed to have the same dedication to her mother as he once had for his. Her devotion seemed to be just as his had been for his father, Till. It was not something that he could or would blame her for, because her family was family. The thing he could blame her for was letting her family remain in danger when they should have fled Inferni while they could. From the sounds of it, she had been dealing with this madman for some time before it had come to all of this. He flicked his tail, slightly irritated at what she was telling him. How do you know that he was not the one who kidnapped you before? The one who beat you, would have probably killed you if I had not found you? What if he still tries to come back after you even though he got what he wanted? he asked her, curious as to why she might not have thought of it before. He was angry, but not so much at her as he was this whole situation.

Her question did not come unexpected. He did not go back because he did not feel safe. he lied...sort of. Coaxoch made him return because of the debt he would owe Salsola, but Coaxoch also offered Bun safety. He had been unharmed since he had been in Salsola, and Coaxoch made sure of that. Everyday he went and saw the male at his mother's home and he made sure that Sebastien, albeit a servant, was being treated fairly. It had been a fault for Helena to take him in as a slave, but Coaxoch understood why she had done it in her weird way. It was a foolproof way to get the other across the borders and to make sure he was safe, even if it meant his temporary enslavement. Salsola might of chewed him up and spit him out otherwise.

I don't think you should feel safe there with your remaining family anymore. I think that since Salsola and Inferni had a long prosperous history that our Boss will allow you across borders. As long as you and your sisters? brought gifts to her. he told her, not knowing if Faith had more than one sister, but realizing that both her parents would now be out of the picture. Salsola has ways of forgiving those who might have wronged them in the past. The Family has accepted others from Inferni before now. As long as you have a sponsor, and I will be that for you. I'd be anything you'd want me to be, Faith. he told her, his heart being worn on his sleeve. He didn't want her to go back to Inferni and then come back weeks later to see him and have lost another family member, to have more scars, have been starved and ravaged. He didn't know how much more of her pain that he could bear.

You will not need to lie. I promise you. he told her, hoping that she would believe in him, hoping that she would at least think about leaving Inferni to slither with him in the bushes of thistle and peacock's feathers.

Salsola
The Family
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:32 am

Faith had wanted to block out the entire time she had been taken prisoner. Beaten... starved... tortured... All of it had been so painful, something that had kept her more inside the borders of the clan's new territory unless it was to come see him again. Had Izual been the one to do it? She couldn't remember. Neither of the two figures she remembered looked anything like him. Her head shook softly, "He wasn't there... he's not white... and he's not... younger..." But then something else came up. Once their mother's body had been found, justice was sought out.

Her uncle saw to that.

Another shake of the head, "He won't be coming back.. My uncle followed his scent. Dahlia followed him and I tried to stop her... I didn't want to lose her too..." She took in a deep breath, her body trembling slightly, "Izual is dead. Dahlia and Antioch saw to it. He... he was killed by his own daughter." It was no secret now what had become of that night before the demon had been chased out of the clan. It didn't matter though. Dahlia was her sister... and she should not fall into the same mindset that her father had put himself in. Salsola would be sure to do nothing but influence some of her more... questionable personality traits.

His brother... he had not gone back because he did not feel safe? There was protection in a pack, or a clan in Inferni's case. Any outsider to those in that group would be stupid to move inside the lines when there was a group that could easily deal with them once they had been discovered. Why throw it all away? It just... didn't seem to add up in her head.

He wasn't going to back down. He was persistent in trying to get her and her sisters to come home with him... to come to Salsola. He was convinced that she was not safe. Would he think that with the new knowledge that the mad man causing all her family's problems was now dead thanks to her uncle and sister?

She wouldn't have to lie, and that was a promise he had made.

There were just... too many uncertainties to feel safe in such a place. Inferni, in her mind, felt much more safer. Why wouldn't she feel safer in the home she had been a part of since her birth? The clan had been through so many hardships together, and so long as they looked out for one another, they were protected right...? The only threat to her family was gone. There was nothing more weighing her down but her own grief and guilt. That was the enemy now... something that Coaxoch couldn't even see.

Blue green gaze met with his' own, one hand reaching up to gently cup his cheek, "Coaxoxh... believe me when I say I do believe you, and that I appreciate you wanting to do so much for me... but right now I just can't. Inferni has always been my home..." She paused before a small smile managed to make it onto her tear stained face, "Will you... at least let me think about it...? Keep it an open option...? I swear to you... the moment I don't feel safe in Inferni anymore... I will come to Salsola..."

Would he be angry with her for this choice? He already seemed to be with how their conversation had been going. They could still continue to see one another, she could travel further than the beach to be able to spend time with him... but right now... in this moment... Salsola did not feel safe.

Inferni did.

ooc stuff here | [wc — +600] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

Sticks and Stones