Exciting over fair, always daily forward

Dandelion

POSTED: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 pm

300+

OOC:

IC:

Mystery hung on a low branch up in a tree, and then she counted the clouds, because the clouds would not count themselves. Like sheep frolicking in a field of blue, could not count themselves. She found herself counting in such an abstract way, that it could not truly be considered taking numbers. It was the herd, the one and the many, one two three as her head filled with sand. She grunted, the shag of her tail coiling up against the rough of the tree limb. But she wondered. Wondered how long things could remain that way, with the world standing on its weak little neck, and her weak little head swelling like a rock-filled balloon. It mattered so much that the numbness in her calves didn’t.

‘Up or down up or down’

‘Throw up you’re getting sick’

This ride took her into the green forests of the Vale, the roaming river that she stood above and watched as it rolled on. Adrian. Kitiara. How she came away from them like everything she ever knew. It didn’t make sense and it never made sense, and she couldn’t find a way that it did without looking deeper than she wanted. Deep like the sharp knives of other’s eyes, or that lake she’d almost drowned in one time thinking it was all a dream. Just another dream where she couldn’t breathe, where she couldn’t stay in one place.

But despite the motion sickness, something had her feel less heavy, and the pricking in her legs smoothed into a warm sensation of gravity and herself in some random tandem. That was when she spread her arms out wide and felt the slight sway of her body, in the pit of her stomach, in between her eyes. There was the balance, the one that those with plans felt. Floating on from the north to south—not east to west east west.

‘Birdy birdy’

‘Fly away’

‘You never had enough to say’

The twosome made her feel the pull of a thousand things again, so her arms fell limp toward the earth and her mind went damp. She tried to count the clouds again, but they wanted so badly to count themselves.
all the toys, and the tools in the box.
all the noise, all the voices never stop.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Daniel
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Still every mother's child sings a lonely song
So play with me, come play with me
Dandelion Damaichu

Dandelion, for his part, was finding his own was to look at the world in new ways. He paused at the top of the hill, scenting the tiny, brightly-colored wildflowers scattered over the slope. The sun felt good on his back, the wind combing through his dark hair. Then, with a loud whoop he threw himself down the slope, tumbling and yelping with excitement like a pup. When he landed at the bottom in a heap he would jump up again and run back to the top, only to send himself somersaulting to the bottom again. It dizzied him with the would spinning round, a kaleidoscope of green and white, yellow and blue.

Some time the day before he found this smooth green hill, with a nice steep slope and a flattish area at the bottom. No rocks to knock his head on. He had an awful lot of time on his hands, cause smoking the deer he caught a few days ago was mostly just watching. It meant that he didn't have a lot to do but hurry up and wait.

Even in the recesses of his memories when he was a sleepy pup, he'd always needed something to do. Sitting still was hard when the world was so big, and there were so many things to do in it. If he didn't have something to occupy his time he quickly found something that would.

The fourth or fifth time, he found something else to occupy his attention. A butterfly flitted just past the end of his nose, a brilliant yellow that captured his eyes like a flare. He loved it instantly. Each time he drew close it fluttered away, moving just in time to escape the snap of his jaws. He would be devastated if he succeeded, but in his mind the butterfly was elusive and untouchable as a sunbeam. It never entered his head that he could catch it at all.

Then he was face-to-face with someone, someone upside-down. Dandelion immediately flopped over on his back, his paws folded to his chest. His ears were squished uncomfortably against the ground, but he could live with that. There, now he could look at them properly.

Hi! I'm Dandelion, but you can call me Dandy.

The luperci had pale blue eyes and a silvery coat, with black spots all over. Of course he had seen luperci that had lots of dog in them before, but he never really got used to how flashy and pretty some of them were.

Why are you upside down? Are ya stuck?

Word Count: [430] Form: Lupus Date: 26/07/18 Time: 1:00pm

Table by Kitty. Edits by Nuki.

POSTED: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:39 am

300+

OOC:

IC:

As if at random the world spat out a new thing to look at, directly below. The girl visibly recoiled, muscles tensing at the massive black sight that had flopped down beneath her. But she steadied her breaths and took to looking elsewhere, away from those friendly green eyes. “S-salutations,” she responded, in wonder at her fanciful word choice. Hi or hello or something less on the fringe of abnormality would have suited this...completely normal conversation. Completely normal and utterly mundane. “Stuck,” Mystery tested, like a toe in depth or a hand in sand. “S-sure, stuck. B-but not here, somewhere e-else, somewhere only I c-can reach.”

‘How beautifully deep’ Crowley added in that drag along, haunting hush. The accent, the succinct lilt prodding her thoughts. Mystery felt the swarm of heat in her head, every pulse a knock at her temples. She looked down, making sure blue did not meet green for her sake. It would only make things worse. “Y-you're b-big,” she told him, water and winter eyes caught open in a nervous stare, “y-you could probably e-eat m-me...if-if you wanted to…” and therein the suggestive silence where she waited for the friendly reply, or the heinous follow up. Where he would pluck her from the tree like a ripe fruit, lick his lips, and she would be no more. No Mystery, no more mystery, no more history of Mystery. Just the empty tree and empty intentions fallen into the grass and loam to be absorbed. To be swallowed.

So by the time the world ended she looked up to the beautiful blue and pointed. “Th-that o-one looks like a f-frog,” she stammered, to the cloud of amphibian proportions. Not back down to the grand dandelion, dark and summery in the rolling green. Her ears perked, further than they did with the hands of gravity, and her head tilted crooked as if to say “now you try”.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Daniel
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Dandelion Damaichu

Salutations. Dandelion repeated, drawing the syllables out until they barely resembled the word. He loved words like this! They were all bouncy and rolling inside his head like a ball. It's a nice word.

Somewhere only I can reach. Dandelion didn't like the way her voice sounded when she said that, sort of all distant and weird, like she wasn't entirely there. He stretched as far as he could laying the way he was and - Boop! - the flat of his paw pad very gently poked against her nose. Looks like I can reach ya just fine to me!

Not a ghost, then.

Her next words cut off anything else he might have said. Dandy was reminded again that he was real big and kinda scary to little things. He folded his paws against his chest again, only a little sheepish. For just about as long as he could remember most creatures were smaller and more delicate, easily hurt and easily broken. Some creatures with that kind of strength would become cruel, but for Dandelion it filled him with such tenderness. This was a delicate and merciless world - like a spider's web - and he loved it with his whole entire heart.

You don't gotta be scared, lil friend. Dandy never wanted to cause fear. He wanted to build things in this world. He wanted, in some small way, to leave things better than he found them. I ain't gonna hurt you.

...I think it looks more like a rabbit.

Word Count: [260] Form: Lupus Date: 26/07/18 Time: 1:00pm

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:31 am

500+

OOC: Idk what this is lol

IC:

The unreachable was reached in a matter of seconds, and she was slow to catch the joke. It burnt her out a bit, but she knew he meant well. Her frown couldn't come fast enough there in the tree, and after she replied, “I-it was m-more of an ab-stract th-thing, y-yeah,” ‘but that's not okay’ a voice slid. “L-like a d-deep thing.” Like or as this instead of like or as that but not a ghost not a ghost yet.

Of course he tried to calm her down, he seemed to be that way as a general rule. And that was it, a gentle promise, but then it wasn't it was something more. She wanted to believe Dandelion’s sweet face and his kind words. But then not everything soft doesn't have thorns, and it all got mixed up again, up and again. “I l-like you,” as she rubbed an arm, “b-but I c-can't believe y-you,” she said, a quick smile blooming. She couldn't believe herself. Moving too fast again, jumping away at step one, it needed to slow down. Way down, she needed to not watch. But she couldn't believe anything, especially the unknown with its too many variables and happenings all at once. The dark was like that in the corners, under trees, in the bushes, everything something and nothing all at once until you lift the lid and peer inside.

Then on to the next thing one more time. It was how she counted up her life, really. A series of events that marched on. It scared her that no one else cared, or seemed to notice. It scared her too much sometimes, how things could come and go. “A r-rabbit o-oh! O-oh! M-maybe hmm no wait, n-no maybe,” her eyes told her to tell him. A rabbit frog perhaps. Because it was a yes no maybe and the middle was yes for both. The coydog found herself looking away from the clouds then down to the ground where Dandelion’s eyes were, and the weight of the fall terrifying because of what sat below. It was hard not to look when they were so close and they watched as she thought about them watching. She looked back up again. “L-long ears…” she pointed with a nod, at the mammal non-reptile. Another bright flake came along in the sun, all wispy and smooth. “A-aha! Th-this one's you, b-because its l-lumpy and funny t-to look a-at."Her eyes aimed at the cloud in question. They could do this and she wouldn't mind, it helped keep her away from other things, those hard-breathing other things. He was still dangerous, maybe or yes or not. But at least they were having fun, and he hadn't pulled her down from the tree yet to do whatever big guys did to lone little girls they found in the forest. “Th-that joke m-meant that y-y-you look f-funny,” she explained, and had to explain because everyone needed a reminder sometimes. Sometimes she liked to remind herself, too, about things lots of things.

Then. ‘This is a fit bloke this one’ Crowley added, and there was this feeling like she had just thought of something suddenly important and wanted to know more. Mystery stared out into the forest, other trees blank and bland without madness draped from their branches. “Wh-what n-no.” They were having fun with clouds and being upside down and now this. Always onto the next thing, nothing stayed the same or ever lasted. The good and the bad always found a way to mess things up.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Daniel
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Dandelion Damaichu

Oh, so she meant like.... a not-real thing. It wasn't like he didn't get the rough concept of a metaphor, but it was difficult for him to separate these things out in his head. He didn't fully understand what she meant, but he understood the feeling of the words. The words and all their meanings reflected a very real, concrete loneliness. That much he could reach out and touch.

I'm likable." Dandelion agreed, nodding his head. He was pleased she noticed that fact, cause not everyone did.

Well maybe you're the one that's funny looking! It was more teasing with only a touch of false offense. Dandelion wasn't insecure about his looks and never had been. He liked being himself. Dandy means a pretty boy you know!

His tail swept the grass, an open expression of happiness that was almost ubiquitous has his own fur. There was no reason for him not to be, as far as he was concerned. The sky was blue with big fluffy clouds, and the leaves cast glittery little golden spots on the ground, and he was making a new friend.

No? Well, it ain't a rabbit anymore I guess. He said, examining the cloud again with a critical eye. It was mostly round and featureless now, but part of him just wanted to keep the game going. It was rare that other luperci would indulge him. Maybe like a fat bee.

Word Count: [237] Form: Lupus Date: 26/07/18 Time: 1:00pm

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:16 pm

400+

OOC:

IC:

"Y-you are pretty," she replied, and she didn't know what she'd meant. Maybe then she wanted to know if she was pretty, but that was too much to be told about at one time. The game went on, as did the clouds and the words they shared, but one word was not a passerby. It stepped into everything like a shadow of the cloud overhead, the one he named for a third time. A bee. He called it, and something just set her off because she could feel a pandemonium tucked inside her gut. The heavy, thick thrum of little bodies buzzing away in her ears it drove her so far into the feeling. She looked further up until the sky turned green with overhead leaves, and that was when the trembles caught her. Catching a glimpse of something small, something powerful that could erupt at any moment and make you hurt a thousand times in a thousand different places. That sudden jolt wrenched her out of the tree, and she fell down where the dark wolf with the happy eyes laid in the grass. Impact, and the sound stopped, the static in her tummy finished as quickly as it had begun.

She glanced up again with her lungs empty from the fall, and saw nothing there, no hive just the light filtering through and the dark that came with it. ‘Scared little girl’ Lucifer told her, and that made her hurt more than the fall because the truth cut deeper than any lie. It could make you bleed. Through those pains she muttered, “And if the flyers they've flown too far rise too high and forget who they are I say off with their heads the affliction to stop I'll have more kids the cream of the crop,” without stutter, but slurred instead all together with the speed of the words that spilled.

‘What' his voice shot. ‘The girl is knackered oh goodness’ Crowley said. But goodness oh goodness what did it matter anyway because bees would sink their stingers into her shoulders until she fell over and kicked then stopped kicking. But wouldn't because there was none, but there had been so many, so many in that white hot moment where the terror ran fresh in her head. “B-bees. N-no no n-no b-bu-bees.” Then her breaths were pulled in hard and pushed out harder for a while as her heart hammered, she felt the blood return too fast to her limbs.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Daniel
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Dandelion Damaichu

Dandelion wasn't quite sure what made her get so upset, thrashing out with her words coming too fast for him to register. They all blurred together in his head, with a word or two popping out but nothing coherent. That much was probably his fault - it took him a minute sometimes. She didn't seem to be hurt but she did stink of fear, like a terrified prey animal with teeth in its throat.

If she were a goat or a cow, he could just squeeze her until she wasn't scared anymore. But she wasn't and other luperci seemed to have the opposite reaction, though he wasn't entirely sure why.

He rolled over on his belly and propped his head on his paws, thinking really hard on what he should do. Then he inched forward little by little, until he was fairly close to his new friend. Still and quiet and calm, less a living, breathing animal than another feature of the landscape. That was when he caught a word! Bees. Bees?

Maybe she was having a bad dream while she was awake? It happened sometimes, he'd seen it.

"You don't gotta be scared, it's okay." He was still as a stone other than his fluffy tail waving back and forth, slow and uncertain. "It's only a pretend bee."

Word Count: [200] Form: Lupus Date: 26/07/18 Time: 1:00pm

POSTED: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:52 pm

300+

OOC:

IC:

The fall made her realize how far down she really could go. Mystery still felt the bees, buzzing around her, buzzing in and over and under everything. It was like waves or sand, it could just weasel and worm and she couldn't stop it, she couldn't stop it. But Dandelion slowed it down when he crawled over, and showed her an innocent little world. “Nothing is pr-pretend, just m-make-believe and if y-you believe…” then that trail faded with a new one. She felt like she was talking to something odd, something unhindered by something she could not leave, and that was when she figured him out. Maybe, not really but enough to let some kind of idea take shape.

Mystery still looked up into branches, stone cold and still with the death of the bees of make-believe. ‘Do not do not’

“Y-you're c-cute,” she spoke in a shy hush below the warning, harsh hum of a thousand little wings. Whether this was a vie for something warm after being so scared, or her trying to say something happy for once, she did not know. But knowing was something of the past sometimes. She liked knowing, and the unknown was a shadow like Dandelion. A flower she liked to wear, and for some reason she wished she wore one now as if it would fit and becalm, and just make sense.

He wanted to believe the clean and simple lens. That everything was in this bright sphere like some kind of big frilly game that everyone could know and see. But Mystery couldn't, she was different, she liked to watch, to know, and where the shadows gathered in corners she could do neither. The coydog put her hands on her chest, and almost glanced over to him, but his eyes lurked somewhere in that future she didn't want. ‘What are you doing’

The girl frowned. “W-we're...we're d-different. A l-lot different.”

And those whisperings came again, the sweet nothings behind the shadows of doubt.

‘A lot different not the same’

‘You could’

‘Just don't’
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Daniel
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:15 pm

Dandelion Damaichu

Dandelion didn't understand. That wasn't a new thing for him, but it was rarely so frustrating. There were things in the world that were harder to grasp, things that even smarter creatures than him would have trouble understanding. Even if he had the explanation laid out for him in a scavenged medical text - which he couldn't read regardless - he still would have absolutely no framework to understand what plagued his newfound friend.

He watched her surface from her nightmare like a swimmer gasping for air, and tilted his head this way and that at her words. He didn't understand.

Then she said something he did understand. Yes, I am cute. He nodded his head agreeably. That was in fact true.

You're real cute too! You got shiny spotty bits, and eyes like, a sky color. That was also true. He never felt there was any reason to hold back praise. Dandy rarely failed to find truly honest reasons for delight. It was a rare talent, whether he knew it or not.

Who is different?" Dandelion scanned the hillside, trying to guess who they were different than. There was no one else here. He dropped his head to his paws to better consider this new mystery. Maybe it was like the bees? But no, she seemed like she was awake right now.

Word Count: [222] Form: Lupus Date: 26/07/18 Time: 1:00pm

Dead Topics