[M] Let’s go up in flames, pretty lady

p, John

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

284 Backdated to Aug 4th, Government Estate. It's a sad sack party! \o/

The small ball plopped into one of the filled glasses and bobbed to the surface. Slim gray fingers plucked it by the rim and tipped it over her tingling lips, and it's something to be said that despise her loose limbs and slightly tilted vision, she didn't spill the drink. Alcohol burned her tongue and throat and she placed the cup back in its place on the table. It was an old, rickety thing with uneven legs, and it had tripped over many a drunken Sapiens during the wilder nights in the bar lounge. A famous table, this one. The little notches on one of the legs wee marks of how many she had 'felled in active duty', or some silly inside joke like that. Tzila wondered how many would remember it in a few years. Hell, how many would miss it at all?

The Napier walked around the table, very careful not to lean on it, and with the ball in her hands, she aimed at the 'rival' side. Which was also hers. With a slight sway to her posture, she tossed and landed it on another cup. "Hurraaaay~!" She sing-songed in a sarcastically fake excited tone, and her own voice echoed back to her. Her only company was Itzal, the cat perched near one of the last kegs of wine she had dug from Sapient's ultra secret stash, his golden eyes one of disapproval and actual pity. Tzila certainly looked like a pitiful fool right now, but she was too drunk, bored and heartbroken to care about it. There was no one to see her, anyways, she could do whatever she wanted. Yeah, there was no one here.

Man, solo beer pong sucked.
Tzila Napier

Nina
I only procrastinate and yell at Kitty
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Johnathan Winthrop

ooc

Miles fell beneath his paws, pushed by the only energy he had. He had followed Red's scent for as long as it could be distinguished from the scents of the land. The fainter it got, the more desperate John became, the panic squeezing his heart. The landscape wavered in front of his eyes and he shook his head with grit teeth, trying to will away the weakness.

There were long stretches that he couldn't remember at all, but oh wasn't it fortunate he had come this way before. He ran a long time for his brother, searching but never finding and eventually John reached a stream where the trail simply faded away. Washed by rain and covered by other natural things.

He collapsed by the stream, empty of the few shreds of hope. Hours filtered by as he laid there, hidden by the brush and stinking of desolation and general ill-health.

A voice off in the distance had him struggling to his feet and limping on blistered paws, a wretched, ragged ghost of a man. Thinness defined every part of him, and the dull, dead look of someone who had just about lost everything.

"Hello? Is'n there someone out there?" His rasping voice called and he staggered and caught himself. Starvation was a heavy toll, he licked parched lips and was aware that he hadn't drunk from the stream at all.

"Fuck." He muttered to himself, and went down like a sack of potatoes, spots floating between his eyes and the things he saw.

So I'll run on gasoline
The Cartel
El Burro
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Down went another drink, this time from a mug that was probably made from some kind of animal horn, and kind of leaking. Tzila looked down at her red top and swayed in her feet, staring at the few drops of alcohol staining her chest. It took just a second longer than necessary to process the situation before she realized that, no, this was not worth stopping the game to wash and try to salvage. It was an old thing anyway, all faded and worn at the edges in ways that bothered her, and it reminded her of Anathema and her mother and sister, and she hated it and it had to go.

Putting the mug down with a solid plunk that made the table and all the drinks still on it wobble, she lifted her arms and chucked the offensive piece of cloth to some corner of the room. Hands clumsily petted down the fur on her belly and chest that stuck out from the rough undressing, and a second later she realized she had lost the ball. Fuck. Droopy lemon eyes searched the wreck of a lounge for the little thing, complaining all the while under her breath, until Itzal took pity on her and meowed a simple "Mug" to her. Oh, right, she didn't get it out of the mug yet. Silly her.

Just as she went to find it, both her and Itzal stood in alert at the tiny voice that slipped in from the hallway. The tom cat grumbled and arched his back, fur all bristly as he came to stand by Tzila's ankles. "Who?" Came the cat's hissy voice, and Tzila managed to frown through her wine-addled brain, and reach for the daggers she had unfastened from her waist earlier. Carefully walking down the familiar halls, she searched for the source, only to find a man collapsed by the entrance of the main hall. Shit.

The gray woman dropped to her knees by the man, who was practically fur on bones and smelled faintly of the Inferni coyotes. What the hell is he doing here?! She turned him on his back, the severity of the situation sobering her up some, and tried to lightly slap at his face to wake him up. "Hey. Hey! Hey, wake up!!"
Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Johnathan Winthrop

ooc

He came awake abruptly in a messy, undignified fashion, already spewing profanity in a croaky, accented voice,

"Fuck.. fuck. Whaaat? What.. what? Why you slappin' me?" John was an ungraceful idiot who narrowly avoided smashing his head into the woman's as he sat upright and wobbled in place. His words were not aggressive or harsh though, just a generally baffled buffoon, asking stupid questions,

"Shit.. how'd I git here." He looked up at the woman as though she might be able to provide him answers, her face was kinda.... weaving back and forth though. That probably wasn't good.

"Shit... fuck.." He shook his head, rather like a wet dog.

"Can you help me up." He didn't think he could stand under his own power, but he gave it a good old try anyway and if the woman didn't help him then he'd just fall flat back on his ass.

So I'll run on gasoline
The Cartel
El Burro
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:25 pm

The stranger came to himself as gracefully as most other Sapiens she had to wake up from an alcoholic coma to make sure they were okay, or just generally weird and inconvenient places they fell asleep on in some drunken stupor and had no idea how or why they got there in the first place. In short, Tzila was no stranger to this particular situation, and when he sat up in a daze, she knew to lean away to avoid bashing heads with the sickly-looking man.

He mumbled and asked confused questions, but the Napier was too busy sitting up and dusting her skirt off from the dirt and dust of the floor. She couldn't help anyone up until she herself could make sure she could stand on her own, that was basic drunk etiquette. After climbing to her feet, and ignoring the upset hissing of Itzal somewhere behind her, she bent down to throw an arm over her shoulders and heave the man to his feet. He was considerably shorter than her, so it wasn't too much trouble to lift him up. It was keeping him on his feet that was the issue. "U-use your legs, c'mon." She urged him, making their way back to the bar lounge in a sluggish pace.

Tzila dropped him in one of the torn and worn couches, and leaned down to stare at him. She was actually trying to figure out how to help him, but the wine in her mind made everything swim and the knowledge she knew she had escaped her. Like smoke slipping around her fingers. Shit fuck. "Okay, Mystery Man, what's your deal? What's wrong with you?" And the librarian only realized the words were a bit harsher than necessary after they were out of her mouth. "Shit. I mean, how can I help you?" She asked, and hoped he could help her help him to... something. "And also, why are you here again?"
Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Johnathan Winthrop

ooc

Well she helped him up, and that was awfully nice of her and still the spots swayed before his eyes. He managed to stumble and step, with her aid, inside somewhere. There was a hissing noise took and it took him several jerky turns of the head to realize it was a cat that was following and spitting at them. The advanced brain with him thought it must be the woman's pet but the base urge part of him saw food. Too bad the woman was here to let him slump onto some soft filled thing.

Holy shit, she was huge. He only just now realised how tall his savoir was. Pretty yellow eyes and grey... grey like.. Clover.

"Johnathan... i'm Johnathan.." He blinked as she asked what was wrong with him and looked down at his thin body, wasn't it obvious?

"Ya'll got any food? Water.....? I haven't eaten in... a while." He blinked again, more to try and clear the spots from his eyes. It was hard to focus... Andrew though.. he was looking for Andrew,

"My... brother. I'm trynna find my brother. You seen anyone that looks like me? Same green eyes an shit?" There was not really any hope at all, it was obvious, there was no spark to flare. John gave up in that moment, his brother was gone.

So I'll run on gasoline
The Cartel
El Burro
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Well, Mystery Man is Jonathan Man. No, just Jonathan. Maybe later she'd ask if he has a family name or clan name or something of the sort. Maybe it was the avid reader in her that made her think John was such a common name, even if she was pretty sure she had met no other Jonathans before. Tzila straightened her back, standing at her full height which made her have to really bend her neck to look at him, slouching on the low set couch with almost glassy green eyes.

In her wine drunk mind, she knew there were other questions bouncing inside her head, but first things first. "I'll uh, be right back. Hang in there, John." She said, pointing a finger at him to further illustrate her point before turning on her heels towards the storage. The librarian had taken to stashing the smoked and sun-dried meat she had there, just to keep all the perishables in one place. Juggling the pieces of dry venison jerky and the leftover hard goat cheese was easier than she thought, despite her uneven gait. As she returned, she found Itzal hiding behind the worn wood of the bar proper, leering grumpily at Jonathan.

"Here I am, I'm back. I hope you don't mind it's not uh, fresh? You eat smoked food right?" She rambled without paying any particular attention to what she was saying, using her long legs to hook her ankle to the leg of the coffee table and drag it closer to the faint man. After plopping the food down before him, she spun around towards the bar to fetch the pitcher of water, taking off the top and putting it on the table as well. Why bother with cups, right? Most of them were being used in the beer pong table anyways. "Dig in, Johnny. Can I call you Johnny?" She asked him, walking around the coffee table, nothing fancier than a plank of wood with legs nailed to it, to drop down on the other side of the couch. "And uh, about your brother, I don't think I have seen him. Some loners came snooping around but none that looked like you. Or had your eyes either." She rambled on, really looking at the male to see if she could remember anything, but came up with nothing. "Sorry..." Tzila said, knowing the ache of losing family to the world. "When was the last time you ate, though?" The question slipped out without remorse, as she eyed the slim body that only starvation could cause.
Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Johnathan Winthrop

ooc

She stood over him, and he thought maybe she looked unsteady or something, or shit maybe it was his eyes going funny. Anything was possible at this point in the shit fest that was his life. He nodded as she told him to wait here and honestly he didn't think he'd be able to stand up anyway. He did watch her ass as she strode away though, life might blow dicks but a nice rear could make some things better.

She returned with a veritable feast and his eyes bugged gracelessly as she set it before him. Holy shit, that was so much food. He almost missed her question,

"Shit woman I've been eatin' anything that isn't rotten crap." He grabbed the jug of water first and all just chugged the whole thing. He drew in gasping breaths when he was done and set it back down,

"Uhh.. sure, if you want." He shrugged a shoulder, it didn't matter. He began to shovel food into his mouth, not really noticing or caring what he ate. It was food and that was all that mattered. His neglected stomach clenched and convulsed, and he grunted, his brows drawing together. He'd be damned if he'd puke this back up though.

He nodded, weariness settling onto him, he had no hope anyway so it wasn't much of a disappointment. He stopped eating long enough to consider her question,

"I ate a dead bird a few days ago.. I think.." John had been giving too much to the remains of his family. They were all thin, starved looking things.

He had to stop eating though, his shrunken stomach could hold no more. He drank the rest of the water and then set his head into his hands, groaning miserably.

So I'll run on gasoline
The Cartel
El Burro
Jace
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Jonathan Man went for the jug and meat like a starved man, but not one used to it. Tzila had seen plenty of messed up crap on her few trading travels, and she met slaves that were deprived of food and ate slow and deliberate because they wouldn't be getting more anytime soon and they wanted to make it last. Not Johnny, though, he ate like the starved coyote he was. Him mentioning that he had eaten bad meat recently only proved her point. "Aaah, I see. That's unfortunate, Johnny. Didn't know you Inferni fellows were doing so poorly." She mumbled, arms crossed and hip cocked to one side to hide some of the sway in her stance.

Her head tilted to the side as she watched him slump into his hands, miserable. Shit, life must be rough for him. Sapient might have disbanded because Nivosus was a shithead, but Inferni seemed to have gone under because of much more tragic reasons. Just, shit. The librarian looked back to the bar, at Itzal's wide eyes as he kept glaring at them, and then to the room around them. This evening just kept getting more miserable by the minute.

"Wanna play beer pong?" The question left her lips before she realized it. It was so normal, so natural to invite someone looking down to a game, it was practically a tradition. That, or just go to the lounge for a drink. For a second she must have forgotten he wasn't pack, and that pack was gone. Both of their packs were gone, their families torn apart by forces out of their control. Only now did the Napier realize that she invited a starving man to get drunk, and how that was a terrible idea in every possible way. "Sorry..." She mumbled, again without much thought, looking away feeling a little embarrassed, but now that it was out there she might as well own it. "Uh, do you... know how to play?"
Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

Dead Topics