Getting Back into the Hunt

AW Archery stuph

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm

OOC: Dalia is trying to practicing her archery skills, if anyone wants to give her some tips, or wants to learn how to use a bow IC feel free.

Dalia was down near St John with her pet vixen, Red, and she finally spotted the old human settlement, or what was left of it, and she needed to get some target practice in. Ever since Aliyah’s death, Dalia hasn’t been able to shoot as well as she could have, so she needed to get back into hunting shape somehow. Luckily she found a the remnants of a wooden building that had collapsed, and there were areas where only a few stray pieces of wood stuck up from the original foundation. "Okay, let’s see how well we do today Red." She said as she looked down to her little fox briefly as she scouted out which areas would be the best parts to shoot at.

After a few minutes Dalia picked her targets and walked back about 25 feet and took an arrow from her quiver. She drew it back and held her breath then released her arrow and watched it get stuck in the side of the building, but to the right of where she was aiming for. Dalia groaned,"Ugh, what is wrong with me?!" then she took out another arrow and drew it back like the first one and released it, and it landed closer to the intended point and she sighed slightly more relieved, but this one was off to the left. She sighed to herself,"Dalia get yourself together girl."

Word count: 244
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Kenai has some archery experience that she's willing to share!

--------------------------------------

Kenai had spent most of the day in the old human settlement to hopefully find some things she could use for her own house if she ever got to fixing or building her own. Right now, she was living in a fairly run down building that would take too much effort to repair without stripping it down and using the materials to rebuild it. Kenai stayed out on the outskirts of the settlement most days, but today she was more in the center of the settlement in hopes to find some other things.

What she did find was another Luperci of the pack with a bow and a foxy friend. Kenai took a few moments to watch the way she was shooting her arrow and noticed that she was shooting a little to the side rather than the center of her target and she was getting frustrated. Kenai frowned a bit knowing her frustration and tried to watch her form a little bit to see if it was the way she was standing might have been contributing to her lack of not hitting the center of the target.

"Greetings," Kenai said in between shots to not distract her. "A little target practice, aye?" Kenai said with her heavy Scottish accent. She stood in her optime form with her hands clasped behind her back and a wide smile on her face. Kenai was friendly in greeting this wolf she had not yet met. She liked meeting her new pack members and she knew there were still many, besides the alphas and a couple other members, she had not yet met. Kenai made it her goal to try and meet everyone so she got to know them. That way she wouldn't struggle with names later on.
Kenai Stone

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Aislin

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Dalia shot arrow after arrow until she heard someone speak to her, so she lowered her guard and looked over to the new wolf. She had the scent of the lands so she had to have at least lived nearby. Red of course hid behind Dalia and Dalia sighed as she did this and turned towards the woman and smiled a bit then said,"I am, I've always been spot on with my aim until..." she paused as she said this and looked down to her damaged hand, wrapped in cloth. She then looked back up at the woman and extended her good hand after she set her bow down and said,"I'm Dalia, I'm new here to the pack, and the skittish little vixen here is Red. Don’t worry about her, she's always like that with new people."

She glanced over at the arrows and sighed then wondered if she should make more on her free time to practice more. She honestly felt a bit embarrassed that she was caught practicing like she was, especially since she found herself doing this one year prior to everything that has happened. Nonetheless she needed to get her act together and make a good impression now more than ever.

Word count: 218

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Kenai remained smiling as Dalia turned to meet her. Dalia mentioned she had been spot on her aim until she looked to her hand. Something happened it seemed? The injury looked fresh, but it wasn't recently fresh either. It seemed like time took over for a while and helped it heal, but it was not done healing yet. Kenai nodded as she introduced herself and the foxen friend. "Hello there." she said as she pulled out a little jerky and tossed it close to Red in hopes to appease her a little bit. Kenai then focused her attention back to Dalia.

"Even old injuries that limit us can't stop us." Kenai said from her heavy Scottish accent. Kenai stepped close and looked at the bow. "Have you had this bow for a long time? Maintained?" she asked as if to see if the issue was with her bow. "I was watching your stance and it seemed okay. If you feel encouraged to do so, perhaps pull your bow again and let me see. I used to hunt with a bow for quite some time, and was taught to craft my own. Though, it's been a long time since I have." she said with an embarrassing smirk. A huntress like herself normally would not go without a bow on her person yet she left in such a hurry that she didn't think about it. It seemed like there was plenty of resources here to make another, so perhaps she would.

253 words.
Kenai Stone

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Aislin

POSTED: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Dalia looked down and noticed Red's ears perked up as the fox stared at the jerky, and then she watched as Red hesitantly wandered up to it and took it. Red then ran back to Dalia again, and started eating it eagerly. "Heh, well that cheered her up. She'll definitely open up to you a bit more now." Dalia said and smiled a bit before she looked down to her bow and frowned.

"I've had it for a few months now, and I've done my best to make sure it stays as pristine as ever since I first made it. So, I’m sure it’s not the bow, and it has to be me." Dalia stated and held her bow out for the woman to inspect it briefly before she pulled it back and examined it herself before she turned to her hand. She undid the wrappings again and saw the clearly marked 'A' cut into her palm. A tear shed itself down her face as she looked at it before she wiped it and sighed,"This wound was.... self-inflicted, it’s just a reminder, a reminder of..." She paused and clenched the damaged hand and remembered Aliyah once more,"... someone."

She didn’t want to talk about that tragic incident right now so she looked off towards where she was aiming and took aim without an arrow and held it so that the woman could see it. "There’s not too much wrong, or at least I don’t think there is." Dalia stated then she noticed that her damaged hand, which gripped the bow was shaking, which was odd since she’s gotten used to the pain at this point. She wondered what the issue was, and at this point she was determined to resolve whatever it was.

Word count: 316

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

Mistfell Vale