[M] Teach me that thing you do

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm

WARNING: This thread contains: tables with images and graphics of an explicitly violent, gory, or racy nature. Sensitive readers are advised to disable images or to read in a text-only format.

**Forward Dated to Aug 24th**

Malfoy walked into the area near St. John with some trepidation. The male had returned home using that land bridge, it sure made traveling between his pack and the Casa a lot easier. This way he could also continue to train as long as the weather wasn't too harsh. Orange orbs scanned the area and he perked slightly in interest as he spotted a familiar form in the near distance. It was the female who knew he was gay...perhaps the only one that knew that information besides a random male he had met not too long ago. Brushing the thought of that other male aside he approached Dalia cautiously, especially since it looked like that the female was focused on what she was doing. Once he was close enough he stood off slightly to the side so that she would be able to see him, and hopefully not startle at his presence too badly.

"Hello Dalia, what are you working on?" he asked in a calm voice, his ear twitching as he swore he heard something besides the twang of the bow string. Shaking his head lightly he looked over the weapon, he had seen Ares use such a device before, but he himself had never touched that kind of weapon. Would he be able to learn if he truly wanted to? Perhaps he should add it to his list of weapons that he would look into learning. Of course, that list was growing larger the more he learned of the different ways you could arm yourself. Adjusting his stance slightly he searched out for any target that Dalia may be aiming for, or if she was just shooting to see how far the arrows would go. Either way gathering the arrows back up would be a task in of itself, and he would be willing to help her if she so needed it.

316 words
Last edited by Malfoy D'Angelo on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Dalia’s ears perked up as she released her arrow, and as she heard a familiar voice which caused her shot to veer off drastically to the left. "Oh god!" She barked as the arrow flew into a window and shattered what remained of the glass on impact before she turned to see Malfoy, and her eyes lit up as she saw him. Not long afterwards, Red ran out from some of the rubble over to Dalia. "Oh my god, Malfoy is that you? It’s been so long since we met. Dalia barked happily and pulled her bow over her shoulder and walked up to him.

"Malfoy I've joined the pack but haven’t been able to find you around here for quite some time. How have you been? What have you been up to lately?" Dalia asked happily and her tail wagged as Red suddenly ran up with a stick in her mouth, and dropped it in front of them then barked. Dalia then looked to Red and facepalmed then groaned,"Reeeed, I need that to make more arrows, not so you can have something new to gnaw on and play with." She then sighed and turned back to Malfoy and wondered what how he was going to respond to all this.

Word count: 223
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Malfoy winced as the glass broke, sighing as he figured that was his fault. Then he looked to Dalia and couldn't help by smile "I have been training with the pack across the land bridge. I came back, because I was actually missing home a bit." that and he had barely made any progress at all with his training as of yet. Still it would be nice to take a break from that other pack and actually try to help out with his new home pack. "I was thinking of hunting for the coming winter...I am not sure if they will arrange a pack wide hunt or not, but this is probably the best time of year to plan such a thing" lots of animals migrated near the end of summer and the beginning of fall. Orange orbs glanced down to Red and he chuckled lightly at the animals antics. "Can you really blame it? You are throwing sticks with another stick in their point of view. Or so I imagine" he couldn't remember the sex of the animal so he chose to go with a gender neutral term.

Clearing his throat a little he looked back to Dalia "Anything major happen while I was gone?" he meant more within the pack than anything else, but you never knew what news would be helpful in the future. Letting his gaze wander as he waited on her answer, he found himself focusing on the broken window. The glass would be sharp as a result, and they would both have to be careful if they chose to go and retrieve that particular arrow. Perhaps the glass could be useful in some way as well and he made a quick mental note to see how exactly it had broken and if the shards could be purposed for something else. What exactly he wasn't sure of, but it never hurt to have such things in case he found something he actually wanted. Or perhaps he could make a gift of some sort with the glass....he sighed lightly and tried to clear his thoughts and once again focused on Dalia.

360 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Dalia shrugged and sighed,"Red's just being Red, and nothing much has happened, at least that I know of. I'm starting to get my shot back at least since well, you know." She looked down at Red then picked her up and asked,"You hunt anything girl?" Red barked in response then jumped out of Dalia’s arms and ran off towards the wreckage in the destroyed city.

Dalia paused and crossed her arms then sighed,"So apparently she at least knows what the word 'hunt' means, or at least when I say it." Dalia took out the final arrow in her quiver and twirled it around in her hand now before she looked back at Malfoy and said,"So just out of curiosity, what were you training? I mean there’s plenty of skills you can learn in the world, but I don’t know all of them." She returned the arrow to her quiver then gave him a small gesture to follow and asked,"Wanna catch up more while I collect my arrows, or should we catch up some other time? Personally, I think it'd be nice all things considered but that’s just me."

Word count: 210

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Malfoy nodded and decided to follow her while he answered. "I was training in the sword, and some fist to fist" or that had been the main goal at least. Looking to her he smiled a little more "I do not mind catching up at all. You are likely the only one who will talk with me here anyways...besides my siblings." Sure, he liked his siblings, but he couldn't be with them for very long at the same time. "My end goal is to know every weapon that I can, and perhaps train others" it was a way to contribute to the pack in any case. The only problem with his plan is that it would take a long time. Sometimes he wondered if it was worth it...but it would make him happy even if he didn't get to train others as long as he could learn to better himself.

The male moved to pick up a arrow, twirling it in his hand a bit. "I guess it sounds like a lot, but that is my dream" he sighed and searched for other arrows to gather. Of course he needed to make sure that he didn't step on anything harmful, he also made sure that Dalia wouldn't get hurt at the same time. Not that she couldn't take care of herself, it was just something he felt he should do. Malfoy let his tail wag slowly as they walked, since he was actually enjoying himself. Twirling the arrow again, he looked around at the buildings again. "I wonder why there are so many?" they had been built by the humans right? Had they really needed this many to live in? Squinting a little he tried to look into a window that they were passing "What kind of stuff is in these anyways??"

309 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Dalia’s ears perked up as she heard Malfoy talk about his family and his goal then finally she heard his question and shrugged. "I don’t know, maybe if you ask around you'll find someone who does." She said as she started pulling arrows from the walls of the building, then she looked to him and said,"Weapons Huh?Well have you considered anything other than close combat? I mean if someone knows how to shoot like me they could pick you off before you even got within five feet of them." She continued pulling arrows out of the wall until she paused as a cold gust of air blew past her.

These gusts freak her out as they seemingly come from nowhere, and she’s felt them at least every other day now. She didn’t know if something was wrong with her or not, but she felt fine so she just ignored them. She refocused her attention on Malfoy and said,"Anyways, I mean I don’t kill others, I took an oath against it. However I can’t stop you from learning and training to defend yourself if that’s the case. I mean, I assume if you’re training the way you are that you're at least receiving training to fight and potentially kill, right?" She then looked off into the distance and thought,Where is that fox going?

(OOC: You may have just given him a reason for Malfoy to meet my other character XD)

Word count: 244

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Malfoy shrugged "It's not that important" he could always come and explore the area for himself. Looking to her he scratched his cheek, "I have considered close combat. I just...get nervous asking someone to teach me I guess." Flicking his ears back he looked to the ground for a moment "I am not sure if I will ever have to use it to kill. I hope that I won't have to." still he knew he couldn't always avoid it. Shrugging again he looked to her again "It's better to be prepared then to be caught empty handed right?" he picked up another arrow then looked closer at the window they had broken. "It looks like that arrow went inside...the glass might be right by your arrow." with a quick look he found the door and went to it. Testing the handle, he found it hard to turn and so he added more weight to it to make it open more.

Cracking loudly the door swung open and revealed the inside. The first thing he noticed was the smell, like a cave filled with stale air. The second he noticed was that it was quite dirty inside, likely from dust or dirt that got blown in from a different part of the building. Huffing he entered, squinting against the dimmer interior to try and see better. A glint of glass gave indication as to where the arrow was, so he carefully headed towards it while watching his footing. The glass might be spread further than just the window after all...he didn't really know how it worked, so he just made sure to be careful. Bending down slightly he reached for the arrow and picked it up and caught something out of the corner of his eye. A small shift of movement, and a brief flash of light on eyes. Probably a rodent of some sort, so he chose to ignore it as he stood straight "Got the arrow!"

335 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Dalia paused and looked at Malfoy then shouted,"Uh...thanks! Are you okay? There's a lot of shards from that clear looking hole I shot my arrow through." She then walked up to Malfoy and said,"I mean, I'd hope nobody enjoys to get trained to kill. I know it’s something I hope that I never end up doing, and I certainly don’t want someone to die..." she paused and suddenly zoned out as she said this and stared into space for a few moments before she shook her head, and looked back at Malfoy and said,"Sorry, anyways there’s no shame to ask for a mentor on something you've never tried before. I mean, I'm self taught, but I'd be willing to teach others if it meant to help them learn something new. I have well...lived in the woods alone for an entire year though, heh."

She then watched as Red bounded out from behind some of the wreckage with a dead rodent in her mouth and dropped it in front of Dalia. She sighed as Red then sat down and looked up at her panting happily and wagging her tail. Dalia rolled her eyes at this then looked back up at Malfoy and said,"Still as you said learning such skills is good for multiple reasons. Still, archery is an...interesting skill that I personally think is easier to learn....if you've got a half decent aim, and have a passion to learn it."

Word count: 264

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm

"I am fine" he responded to her query of his well being. He walked away from the glass, carefully keeping his eye out for smaller shards. He halted when Dalia came up to him, mentioning that it was likely never fun to learn to kill. Well, he personally thought it depended on the type of person or how you were raised, but didn't say anything out loud about the matter. The grey wolf dog gave a nod as she said there was no shame in asking to learn. He knew that, it still didn't stop him from getting nervous about it. His interest was perked as she said she would be willing to teach archery. Now that was a idea. "Would you teach me then? I am not sure about aim or anything like that, but I do have passion" a passion to learn anything he could. Moving towards the exit, he looked around the inside of the building a little more.

The area was oddly empty, he would have figured there would be something left behind by the humans. Pausing he scratched his chin. "We could practice in here perhaps? As long as we avoided that glass of course. Might be easier to find the arrows afterwards" of course he didn't mind going back outside, and actually would prefer the open field. However, since he didn't know how he would shoot, a more confined area like this building might be better in the long run of things. Malfoy didn't want Dalia's arrows to be lost after all. "Just a suggestion of course, it is up to you teacher" he looked to her and gave a gentle smile. That seemed to happen more around Dalia...him smiling. Was it because he felt more comfortable around her? Or was it because she knew he was gay?? In any case, it felt oddly good to be a little more open with at least one canine. Perhaps one day, he would be able to do the same around others as well.

344 words
Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Dalia sighed at his comment about retrieving arrows from within the cabin,"Malfoy I need to teach how to shoot, if the target is five steps away I'd just pull out an arrow and stab whoever’s attacking me, or break my bow upside their head.... relative speaking." She then walked outside and took out an arrow then stuck it in the ground by her feet about fifteen feet away from the small structure and said,"You'll learn like me, first you shoot from here, then you shoot from father away, and finally we'll see how you shoot something that moves."

She gestured for Malfoy to walk over to her and drew back her bow with nothing in it to gauge the distance to the demolished building and released her fake shot. She then turned to Malfoy and barked,"You see how I stood, how I brought the string here back to my chin? Now take my bow and do what I did." Dalia held out her bow towards Malfoy now, but kept her quiver with all of her arrows strapped to her back. She gave Malfoy a slight smirk and thought,If this boy is as talented as I think, I outta teach him how to make his own arrows.

Word count: 222

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

Dead Topics