M - Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality

Lux

POSTED: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:28 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Word Count → 300+ :: For Lux.

Leaving Salsola was not the best of choices right now. The witch was new to the cult-like clan and did not want to do anything to draw extra attention to herself... at least, not this kind of attention... but rumors abound and there was no doubt as to whom the large, black demon lurking in the Dampwoods was. This was the legacy of her leaving. Whatever the monster did, she was responsible, at least in part.

She did not tip off Jaketta, for if any rumors started about why she slipped out of Salsola under cover of night, she did not want her daughter to be implicated as an accomplice. Not that she was doing any actual, illegal, or underhanded work... but since the discovery of an enemy, Khael, in the pack lands she knew she could not be too careful of her actions.

The inky night had set upon the Dampwoods before the witch arrived, silver stars winking overhead in the eve of July. Despite the moon and the stars, it was peculiarly dark and quiet – but the quiet did not bother her, because she knew the monster that lurked in the dark. It was likely a result of his marauding, anyway, striking fear into the creatures of the Dampwoods and giving rise to a new level of caution.

With her was her bo staff, and her twin axes were lashed to her thighs. Her wardrobe had changed recently, lessened, and she had come in a pair of black breeches and a violet blouse, but still with necklaces dangling from her throat, and ash darkening the hollows of her eyes.

She made no effort to stalk the forest quietly... she wanted the monster to find her. A time or two she thought she was being followed, but she could not tell for sure. After an hour of traversing, she stepped out into a moonlit clearing. The woods were so dark her eyes needed to adjust, even in the still, low-light of the night.

The witch turned a circle, peering at the shadows in the trees, and then said, Come out.

The moon lights her way while she's howling at him.

Template by Kitty, artwork by Jagzcat.

Salsola
The Confidant
☥ Nukiira ☥
Luperci I command you, I control you Eclipse the Blood Moon
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:33 pm

In recent days, the demon had gone off of culling the Luperci herd, in favor of smaller, more reasonable prey. It wasn't a change of conscience or any sort or moral dilemma that brought him to this place, but rather the physical condition that his body was in. he was riddled with shallow cuts and bruises from encounters hard fought, though once the man had come too, he had cleaned off this body and treated it, so there was no infection in the demon. It lay in Secui, licking slowly at scraped up forelegs and reveling in the pure, quiet, darkness that surrounded him.

Not a sound was made that night, save for things like mice and crickets, who needn't fear something so big that they would barely serve as a mouthful or a mere taste of flesh to it. These creatures were deemed irrelevant to the demon, and so they remained overlooked. Something was here in his woods though, something awake and alive and unafraid, he could sense it. Slowly, the monster rose to it's four paws, it stalked silently through the night as though it were a part of it, and it followed her essence, the scent of her like a drug that had never fully left his system.

And he followed her, silent, watching, waiting, to see what she would do. She quieted the voices, calmed the energies, she made him tame, made his boiling blood tepid and stilled. She was everything, in a world of nothingness. And he followed her, and he would follow her to the ends of the earth, until the skies emptied of every last star. She stepped into the moonlight, and he waited and watched. When she called for him to come out, there was nothing to be done, but to obey her, and slowly, the shadows peeled away from the treeline and the one who dwelled within them was brought to light. A living shadow would stand before her, one eye locking onto hers.
Lux Einar

Loners
Wolfdog
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Word Count → 294 ::

Two glowing yellow eyes appeared first; in the shadows like a preternatural being lurking. They flashed as the beast moved forward, coming closer, eventually stepping out of the shroud of shadow and cover that the trees lent him. She could smell the blood at once, even if it was dry and scabbed up. His scent, the scent that had once been so familiar, had been replaced by the coppery scent of blood. It made all of her senses prickle, her fingers flex, and she resisted the urge to bare her teeth.

It was as bad as she feared. Possibly worse. Sure enough, since her abandonment, there was nothing that could calm the demon that festered inside Lux – the father of her children. She had hoped that somehow the presence of their son could keep him calm, for their children were a new factor which could not be counted on before. It was clear that Lux needed something more profound than fatherhood to keep his demons contained.

A demon himself, the black dog stalked out of the shadows and into the light. She turned to him, watching for just a moment, and then her paws worked, too. Footpaws began to move with even steps as she strode brusquely toward him. She didn't hesitate when she found herself in front of his jaws, those teeth, those fangs which would have killed so many... Maelyx dropped in front of him, crouching until she was eye-level with him and she actually dared to look him in the eye. Slowly, a hand came up to touch him gingerly under the jaw. The movement was maternal, and full of love, and full of pity, and full of sorrow.

Lux, she whispered. What have you done?

Salsola
The Confidant
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:36 am

Word Count: [000] Form: Optime Date: DD/MM/YY Time: 00 AM/PM

When the festering demon stepped from the darkness towards her, gazing upon her golden form, it was as though the darkness itself had been peeled back from her form and nothing but light lingered around her. He was drawn to her, like a moth to a flame, ever advancing towards the dazzling brilliance, despite the burn that he already knew only too well. He did not speak, for the words caught in his throat when he tried, he was powerless but to take her in as he came to stand before her, and she, in all her grace, moved forward to meet him.

She stooped, looking into his eyes of sun and moon, the scarred flesh of his face smoothing and his eyes softening as she came to him. Her touch was like nothing else to the demon, and it soothed it until the dark spirit returned to it's dormancy once again, gentle eyes growing sorrowful as she spoke those words. What had he done? Slowly, a beastly head would sway side to side in a gesture of denial, and the Secui began to shift, slowly, until a man knelt before the enchantress on one knee, his head bowed.

I don't... He began, but words would fail him in the moment. He looked up into crystalline pools of blue, and then he stood, towering over her yet wishing he could turn invisible. I gave up... He said at last, ears pulling back against his head. He reached out for her, the backs of curved claws tracing along her slender jawline and neck, and his gaze poured into her, as though already he were heavy under her spell.

Lux Einar
Nothing really matters. Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters to me.

Table by Kitty. Edits by Nuki. Image from DepositPhotos.

Lux Einar

Loners
Wolfdog
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:52 am

Word Count → --- ::

Gave up... yes, it was true. And though Maelyx would always swear that she had a good reason for leaving, in many ways she, too, gave up. Eyes full of concern watched the man as his countenance began to shift and shimmer, and transform. She waited in silence as his shape changed, and the man was before her... no longer the secui shape, the strange shape that Men would have once called an abomination of nature.

I am sorry, she crooned softly, petting his hair, though when he stood up she could no longer reach the top of his head. The claw that traced her jawline felt so familiar, yet so foreign. It sent a shiver through her, one that she could not hide from Lux, because no matter what happened with their minds, their bodies always attracted one another.

You are stronger than this, she whispered to him. Was it even possible to give him the determination he needed? Had he gone too far? Could she keep him alive, and not have future murders on her conscience? What happened to everything I taught you? Even as she asked the question, her hands traced his arms, running from shoulder to bicep to forearm, almost as though she did not even realize she was doing it.

Salsola
The Confidant
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 am

His mistress was made of glass in his mind, and he held her as such, delicately, firmly, as not to let her fall. In his mind, even this miraculous vision might soon shatter on the ground and disappear without a warning. His eyes were pained, as she spoke to him, shame heavy in his face as the goddess illuminated them by the face of the moon and stars. For her questions, he had no answer, his tail and ears remained low even as he looked so far down to meet her eyes, his fur crackling with energy where her fingers trailed, a lightness that the beast had not felt in months, one that cut through the darkness and decay like a hot knife.

After a long, long silence, the wolf dog could no longer stand it. He pulled her in, one hand cupping her face and twining in her hair, the other pressing the small of her back and drawing her in. "Maelyx..." He spoke her name as a sacred word, reverence on his breath. "How is our daughter...? Has your new life found you both well? Does it suit you?" He asked, almost, perhaps, afraid of the answer he might receive. He knew, deep down, that she had never needed him as he needed her, and it was a painful thing to accept, but one which he accepted nonetheless.

Her mere presence had a physical effect on him. How one person could make a man so tensed and so relaxed all at once he would never know, but she was like no other drug in his blackened veins. "I know... I let you down." He whispered, holding her tighter. "I'm afraid... Maelyx... That I don't have much time left... I can feel it... The Goddess wont share her light with me any longer..." He spoke quietly as if the goddess herself might hear them. "But you..." He whispered, leaning down then until he could press his forehead to hers, his eyes closed, mane falling down all around them. "The light you bring is more brilliant and beautiful than the sun, more pure than the moon... I need you..."
Lux Einar

Loners
Wolfdog
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Word Count → 500+ :: Out of Character text

The words from his maw were a distraction, but she could not blame him. She had taken his daughter from him – taken her to a new life where he did not belong. And she probably had so many questions, too, for the witch knew that there was no reason clear to others as to why she left. It bought him time, but it also forced them to talk about it in a way Maelyx had not planned.

Jakkie is thriving, she said, the words bringing an unexpected smile to her tawny muzzle. The queen has taken a liking to her and taken her under her wing. She already has an advantage with her wit and her beauty... she will flourish. Maelyx allowed a brief pause while a pained look of pity flashed in her eyes... pity for what she was going to tell him next. But he was prepared for it, and there was no dancing around it. We are both doing well. There is a coven, and powerful people to learn from. It can be... intense... she could not help but think of Khael... a presence which she would not tell Lux about. He would surely come charging through Salsola's lines to try to hunt her down himself. No matter the spirit, he would not succeed in killing the well-established Salsolan in her own territory. It would be no no one's benefit to tell him... But it is a prosperous place. And I can feel that it is where we belong.

Peculiarly, she did not retort with the same question about Elias. It was not that she did not care about their son, but she had faith he was well. Their son always had a type of stolid nature. She did wish she could bring him to Salsola, but suspected that it was not the place for him. She would find time to go see him soon enough.

The conversation mutated to more grave tidings as he lowered his forehead to touch her own. Though pain pinched the corners of Maelyx's eyes, she did not deny his admission that his time was running down. I do not want it to be so, were the only grave words from her. There were no empty reassurances from the African. She lowered her head to rest it on his chest, listening to the hypnotic, windy reverberations of his breath in his lungs. You must know, though, that you did not let me down. Although I do not believe the Goddess predestines our fate as some gods do, I think we are still players in a much larger scheme. You can do nothing but fulfill your own part. Despite her words, she could not help but wonder if that specific part was to be her own personal failure.

For now, though, she said, pulling out of his arms, we may have peace, if for a little while. Come, you must get cleaned up. Taking his hand, if he let her, she began to lead him toward a small, crystalline pond she had passed on her earlier travels. She would bathe him and show him love, even if it was for the last time.

If I am an angel, paint me with black wings.

Template by Kitty, artwork by Nectar.

Salsola
The Confidant
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

Dead Topics