Life can be beautiful

POSTED: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

Faith's eyes stared forward, staff resting against her robe covered body as she sat in the cave. Her mind was a buzzing noise, unable to focus on any one thing. So much conflict was going on within her mind. After all the time she had spent living... raising her family with her mother after Basilio had left them, he appeared before her. He came only now after their mother had been murdered... after Inferni was broken apart... after she had already spiraled downwards.

Dahlia had started taking charge... in much the same way she had when Crucifix had turned out the same. It didn't help that her strained beliefs were being caught on by her father's ghost. He probably didn't trust her because of who she was.

But there was another problem... the conflict of loyalty and morals. Coaxoch had offered to take her home, to take her and her sisters home to Salsola. When he had first given her the offer, it was shortly after her mother and Izual's demise. They were alone, and she was gripped by guilt.

But even then, Inferni was still a whole clan. What were they now? There were still some members left of the clan living within the cave system... but did that really mean anything? Could this small group even still be considered Inferni? Was she really still safe here? Anyone could wander into what was their territory and clearly didn't have any reserves in shooting the members that were still living here. Why should they have any respect for a pack that didn't exist anymore?

Should she leave those she had spent her whole life with to live with him? Izual was still gone... and now this pack was still the only threat left in the world.

Ears pulled back, eyes closing. Nothing was making all the chaos stop. The robed woman stood up, feet carrying her outside of the cave system and into the bright afternoon. One arm moved up to block out the sun momentarily before she made her way down the small path. Her sisters were no where to be seen. That guilt started to come back. What if something happened to one of them? She should be there with them.

No doubt Dahlia would be the one telling her not to worry. They were going to be fine. If only she could regain the confidence she once had.

Faith padded over to a group of wildflowers, one that was growing closer towards the caves. She slowly lowered herself down to the ground, sitting in front of them. One hand moved out, fingertips gracing along the petals. Her head lowered again, missing her mother just that much more. She would have loved to see the flowers that were coming into bloom.

+400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:38 am

The Eastern Realms were her father’s favorite haunt; though Dystopia, upon learning about the woman that he obsessed over and then eventually killed, had no idea it was because of Inferni and the woman who lived within it. After his death, the puzzle pieces all seemed to fit into place. They were so easy. Matching colors hidden in plain sight. Her father hadn’t loved their mother. It was foolish to ever think so. He had loved another woman. A woman that hadn’t loved him back.

Her mother, Charlie, knew bits about this woman, but Dystopia didn’t know everything. She had no idea who she was or what she did to deserve her father’s undying attention. Dystopia would’ve been envious of her if she weren’t dead.

Perfectly straight-cut bangs hung just above her brow, a black curtain allowing red orbs to peer out from beneath. Dystopia plucked aimlessly through the Realms, delving into territory that used to be Inferni, but now was no more. It was nothing but the skeletal remains of a beast that thrived so much. Bones lay in its wake and debris. Every few miles she’d find something on the land that didn’t belong – a broken arrow or a weathered basket. Signs of life that once claimed these lands.

If Dystopia were really being true to herself, she was looking for the woman’s grave. She sought after her scent, to learn about her, to know what was so perfect about her that captivated her father’s attention so much that he’d develop an obsession and kill her. Why couldn’t he have been obsessed with her? Dystopia would’ve taken obsession over the absence of love that seemed to give her family it’s trademark absence any day.

Steep rolling hills to her left steered her a certain way, being that Dystopia hadn’t been prepared to climb them. Eventually, she came upon another sitting in the grass, playing in the flowers. Dystopia slowed her step and watched the woman, falling as silently as she could just to observe her. When the breeze blew her way, she recognized the female’s scent. She was there – at least in the area – when her father was killed by the Infernians.

Word Count → 000 :: HAD TOOOO :)

Last edited by Dystopia Massacre on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Order
Pandora
Sammiie
Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Flowers... something so beautiful... and yet so delicate. It was no wonder her mother loved them so much. The two thing shared so much in common... and when stress was applied to something as simple as a flower, even it would crumble. Guess there was also some more similarities between herself and these flowers as well. Maybe not beautiful. Guess the only one who had told her something like that was Coaxoch. Any other time she was not. What great beauty couldn't even protect her own family?

A soft, defeated sigh brushed past her lips. What was left for her to do now? Of course she still had to look after Hope and Dahlia, even if the youngest of the trio was the one taking command of everything. Hope didn't seem to mind it much, but still held the same worry the younger one did about her sibling. Getting outside was good for her they said... neglecting that the same mentality got their mother's life snatched away from her and them.

There was so much danger lurking in the world around them. How were they supposed to face it? It was better to just avoid it.

Unaware that she was being watched, the robed girl began to carefully dig around some of the flowers. When their mother's body had been discovered, it was a quick race to catch up with Izual and put and end to his life for the crime he had committed. Once the hunting party had come back... once all the anger had worn off... it had been replaced with nothing but sadness. She had to be given a proper burial, and in Inferni's homeland.

The roots gripped at the earth she held in her hands, moving to her feet before moving off in another direction. Her mother would love these to be on her final resting place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Dystopia recognize Faith as the girl she and her father were torturing and starving? +300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:35 am

Dystopia stood not far away just watching the woman. She watched the roped girl grip the earth surrounding the flowers, pull away their security, and then eventually, pull them away. The roots dangled like exposed veins when the body was cut open. A piece of was removed from the earth just like her mother’s makeshift taxidermy. Many pieces were removed from her “friends,” and then they were thrown into a hole to rot.

Just as she had been once.

The woman rose with her new possessions and began walking away. Dystopia followed her, keeping a distance between them, though she was merely observing. Dystopia followed her for a while through the forest, ensuring to touch every tree she had passed in some way. They passed many things in the land; the residual scent of Inferni closer towards the middle than the edges.

”Who are you?”

Her question had not been friendly; in fact, it was more of a demand. Had the woman paused upon hearing the voice, Dystopia would have casually closed the distance between them.

Word Count → 000 :: A note previously discussed: we're assuming Dystopia hasn't because the thread had never been played out; sorry for the wait!

The Order
Pandora
Sammiie
Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:58 am

Faith had moved quickly through the trees, pulling herself deeper and deeper into Inferni's old lands. She wanted her mother to be close, somewhere where the flowers would always be in bloom. Whenever there were new flowers that grew from the land, she had wanted to take a few of them to her mother's grave, giving her spirit more to look at from the heavens. It was clear that her father had been stuck in the mortal realm, wandering around and watching his daughters... and his wife...

But she still wanted answers... answers she never seem to get.

Blue green gaze rested on the small mound as she came to it, ears folding down as she was remained of so many good memories.. only for all them to come crashing down on her. The failure she had felt in protecting her mother from the monster..

A few paw steps were taken before one ear moved up, turning to the sound of the voice behind her. The tone of this new woman's voice made her hesitate to turn around. It was so demanding. The scent of those that were staying here did not pass along her nose, so this couldn't have been someone from Inferni.

When her head finally made it's way over her shoulder, eyes setting on the newcomer, they were greeted with her bright red gaze, her body starting to close the distance that was between them. Faith, instinctively, began to take a step away from her as she made one closer. There was no telling who this woman was or what she might do, and it was better to keep her distance so long as this feeling was lingering with her. Holding the flower close to her, she spoke up, "W-who.. are you..?"

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

Eastern Realms