[M] Don't you worry Child

Bramble

POSTED: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:42 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Most of the Parhelion household had fallen fast asleep, the glow of the fire dimming as it began to die. There was one body that had not quite fallen asleep yet. The white bodied fluffy youth just couldn't fall asleep. Her mind had become troubled with how she could pay Ascher and Milos back for bringing her in, and more so to Milos, for allowing her to become a part of the pack and a part of his family. Though the Captain hadn't said she was a part of the Parhelion family, he treated her much like a father would, and Daisy treated her a lot like a sister. The feeling was overwhelming, in a good way. It was healing her slowly of her inner scars.

Though Inara never lived in a pack, clan life was almost like a pack. It was merely a group of families sticking together. They took care of their own, and their individual self, but protected one another. Packs, from what she knew and what she was learning, all took care of each other and protected one another. Perhaps she'd ask Milos in the morning what she could do for the pack. She had to show Milos and Ascher that she was worthy of their safety and care, and she was determined to become a very productive member of this family and pack. As she came up with that idea, she smelled the blood the same time she heard the approach at the door.

Her head popped up while her mind jumped to the worse scenarios. Her rich brown eyes looked to the door as it opened, her breathe bated for a moment as she saw Bramble. Her heart quickened as she saw where the blood came from.

Bramble and her never actually talked, but she could tell he left the pack lands merely by his scent, and that worried her. What if he never came back when he did those trips? Or in this case he got hurt. Questions flooded her mind, as she watched his silhouette come into view within the doorway. Her mind focusing on the fact a wolf could have done it. Were there wolf packs around here? Would they ever attack the pack!? She began to panic, but she didn't say anything, and nor did she move from her laid position. The tensity almost palpable from her clenched jaws and tense muscles. What should she do?

wc: 406
Last edited by Inara Ailurus on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krokar
Greenhorn
Bear
Krokar's First Mate
Tormented 'Soul
Devil in Angel's Clothing

POSTED: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:19 am

Bramble was grumpy. He’d been swept up in the dizzying height of the climb, his entire body alive with life, that he’d lost concentration and slipped. The gash wasn’t deep, but it had bled like on a graze can, and the blood had soaked into his upper arm. Of course, being the idiot he was, he’d not brought any cloth to wrap the wound. He’d cleaned it as best he could, but he was going to have to go home to find a few more supplies. The journey back had given him the chance to replay the mistake over and over again in his mind. Chetan would ‘ve been cross that Bramble had allowed himself to dwell on the issue for so long, but he found it hard not to.

The young Parhelion with the mis-matched eyes, closed the door to his folks home quietly, not wishing to disturb anyone’s sleep, or have to explain his wound. For a moment Bramble leant against the closed door, sagging slightly with the pleasant tiredness that always swept over him when he found himself in a place he felt utterly comfortable. All the home’s scents were familiar, the sound of even breathing and twitching limbs scraping on floor. Wiping a hand over his face, Bramble moved to the water gourd and filled a smaller gourd, looking around the room, easily spotting a pair of eyes glittering in the gloom, they were watching him with a fixed interest. As he drank, the water running down his muzzle he waved a hand in silent greeting, his eyes danced with good humour. Bramble had always been sensitive to the feelings of others and he could tell this little one was tense. Her name was dredged up from his memory. Inara? He put down his water and put a finger over his mouth, his eyebrows bouncing playfully. He took some of the rags and wrapped the wound, cleaning his arm, wiping away the dried blood and washing off what he could. He’d have to disappear early tomorrow morning so as to avoid questions. Inspecting his rush job he turned back to the low fire, near where Inara was and picked his way around sleeping forms to tend the fire. He squatted before it. Placing another log on it, he prodded with one of the smaller pieces of kindling. Turning to Inara, half his face in shadow so that only his strange eye could be seen he smiled easily and whispered.

”Sorry, I didn’ mean to wake ya. Inara right? Ya comfortable?”
Krokar
Greenhorn
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:06 pm

The young mixed breed took note of him relaxing the moment he closed the door. This only fueled her worrying mind. Had he been running from something or someone, and now he was safe, he let his guard down? She wasn't for sure, but the voice of anxiety had her gripped.

It took only a moment or two before Bramble noticed her. He gave her a small wave, his eyes warm and kind. Still she didn't move. It was as if she were too scared to say or do anything. That was only partially true, as the other part of it was that her mind was locked in a war. Anxiety and logic fighting to see who would take over.

Before she knew it he approached the fire and began to give it more life. Inara continued to watch him wordlessly before he spoke to her.

"You didn't wake me," she whispered back before taking a few moments to reply. Her honesty dry, "Trying to be comfortable...and yes, I'm Inara."

She sat up, careful not to make anymore noise that what was necessary. Her eyes scanned around the room seeing if anyone had stirred, but it seemed as though Bramble and her were doing a good job at being quiet. Slowly she stepped closer to the fire, and more keenly to Bramble, her eyes peering to see his wound. "...a wolf didn't do that..." Her tone matter-of-fact, but with a hint of a question. A hint to the inner battle within her.

Inara sat just a few inches from Bramble, trying to keep herself calm and without panic. It showed only as tense muscles and controlled words. It couldn't have been a battle with a wolf...there'd be more signs....it had to have just been an accident..nothing more..

wc: 297
Krokar
Greenhorn
Bear
Krokar's First Mate
Tormented 'Soul

POSTED: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Once more the fire began to pop and crackle as Bramble breathed life back into it. It was late summer and the evenings were already beginning to cool, besides who didn’t like the warmth of a fire’s glow against them? Her statement about wolves seemed odd to the Parhelion with the mismatched eyes, and it made him even more aware of the tension that the little thing carried around with her.

”Nah.” He said, his grin easy, but slightly sheepish.

”I was free climbing-“ he paused wondering if she understood the term ”I was climbing without a rope, up one of the mountains outside of the lands. Missed a handhold, scraped myself, well gouged myself on one of those sticking out rocks. All my fault for being an idiot.”

Throwing the stick he’d been using to poke the fire with, Bramble put his hands on the floor and sat himself on the floor, cross-legged and back to the fire.

”What’s up Inara? You sure you’re okay? I didn’t frighten you did I?”

While he was very aware of the emotions of others, he wasn’t a great counsellor. He had learned to deal with his own inner demons, but how to help others with theirs? That was a skill he wasn’t great at, all he could offer was a genuine and relaxed person to listen. Of course, he could well be blowing the girl’s reaction way out of proportion, but despite his aching body, he didn’t feel tired, and the fire was doing a wonderful number on relaxing his muscles, so he was there to listen.
Krokar
Greenhorn
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Her head turned to the fire as it cackled. The fire danced in her brown eyes as she stared intensely at it. It reminded her of the gypsy village when it as ablaze.

Wolves ran grabbing gypsies. Her eyes watched as a wolf cut the throat of the old dog that was reading tarot to her. Inara ran, and as she did, she had ran past another wolf who was ripping the dress from her mother's friend. Her heart had quickened as the memory took her from Krokar. She didn't know where to turn to. Everywhere she did, it seemed to be crawling with wolves laughing, hooting, and hollering with pleasure as they demolished the clan's homes.

"Nah'" Broke her train of thought, and she looked from the fire with a start as reality broke into view. Her brown eyes found Bramble as he grinned. She let a smile come to her muzzle mimicking his action. She quietly listened as he explained his wound to her without judgment. Her brow furrowed when he called himself an idiot, and before she could think she blurted, "Yeah, you shouldn't leave the packlands. It is pretty unwise. You never know what dangers lay out there." She then flicked back what little ears she had. "...umm...I mean.." She realized there was no recovering from her own outburst. "...sorry." Her muzzle dipped down to her chest as her eyes found the ground.

"What's up Inara? you sure you're okay? I didn't frighten you did I?"

She rolled her eyes in the way only a teenager could. "No..you didn't frighten me, really." She licked her lips unsure of herself. "...I am just unable to sleep is all." Her eyes felt suddenly glassy. The thoughts that came to her weren't easy to share, and how could she even if she could share them. "...have you guys never had anything bad happen? Is that why you can so easily leave the pack and go climb?" Her gaze looked up to him with hurt innocence.

WC: 346
Krokar
Greenhorn
Bear
Krokar's First Mate
Tormented 'Soul

Krokar