Through the eyes of a Goddess

- Coax

POSTED: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:49 pm

WC: 341

Things were changing, stirring within the growing youth. The wedding had set off a flurry of emotions within her, some that she wished would go away, others she played into because they made her swoon. Love. Courtship. The coming together of two souls to form an unstoppable force. It had Jaketta's thoughts wandering off to a peculiar place, one she had never been before. She had thoughts that made her heart flutter with anticipation. She needed a mate. Finding someone to join forces with so they may rise through Salsola's ranks was now on the top of her list.

Not only was her mind going through changes, but her body as well. She began to make her second shift, from a child, to a woman. Her transformation was nearly complete. With these changes, Jaketta became aware of her appearance, of her beauty. It would serve her well in the future.

The blood laced witch sat on her knees in the middle of the forest. Her claws were dug into the earth, fingers spread to their full width. She inhaled deeply, eyes fluttering closed as she focused on her surroundings. Before her, sat a small fire and shallow dish, risen above so its contents may begin to be broken down by the heat. It smelled of nature. Herbs, flowers, bark, blood. Everything gathered from around her and thrown into the shallow cauldron. Her mouth moved, words coming out in but a whisper, a spell to bind the ingredients and give them life. A love potion.

Who this potion would be used on was undecided, but she knew the gods would help her in that decision. Onofria, the Goddess of the stars was once an icon of love and happiness. Surely her divinity would help lead Jak in the right direction.

The drawing of power continued alongside her whispering. The energy was absorbed from everything around her, through her fingertips and into her very core. Once gathered, she would begin the transfer of power into this very strong potion she created.
Last edited by Jaketta Nocturne on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Warden
Sami
Luperci Witch Nocturne Family: The Untamed Heart
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 pm

I know your voice, I know your eyes
Word Count →401 :: OOC: guess who's back, back again

Coaxoch had spent this night like he had most of his nights. He had been praying in the Blackwoods, burning incense, and finishing up his worship of the The Red Eyes that he found his faith in. He easily finished his worship on this night and was about to head back to the Graveyard that he and Sebastien called home but he found himself being led deeper into the woods by a sickly sweet smell of brew and blood. It was not often that others came into the Blackwoods so deeply, in fear that they might not come back out, so the male wondered who could be brewing out here this late. He fixed his loincloth over his pride and he moved easily through the Blackwoods. These lands were his home, just as it was the home to the spirits. He was familiar with most nooks and crannies, and it was hard for him to even get lost here.

He didn't get lost. Every step was purposeful and calculated.

As he drew closer to the smell, he started to pick up the smell of a female, along with an undertone that he could not place just yet. He moved closer to where he could smell her scent coming from, and in this time he wondered who she was. The scent itself was not familiar, even though it did smell of The Family. Even as he drew more near he could see the influx of energy around the area. The spirits whispered around the circle of where her spell was cast, and he drew ever interested in what she had been doing. Who was this girl and what spells was she casting in the danger of the Blackwoods.

He finally came to see her and found that her pelt was licked with coal and flame. She was young, pretty, and her eyes were much like those of Helena's. If he hadn't known better, he would have guessed that she was daughter to the Lykoi, but Coaxoch knew his family, and she was not of the Ulrich and Lykoi bloodlines. The wendigo tilted his head as he looked to her. A slow smile crept onto his maw as he looked towards the potion. What are you making there, little girl? he asked, his tone slightly teasing as he came closer, and kept his missing arm turned away from her slightly.

You haunt me through my dreams at night

Template by Kitty | Art by Riorix@FA

Avvie by Hydra@Souls'RPG, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Confidant
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 pm

WC: 441

The specters of this part of the pack were gathering around her. She could sense them, eyes digging into her like daggers. They were drawn to the energy she was gathering, growing more potent as her casting continued. A soft smile spread across her lips as a shiver ran down her spine, evidence of the power she was creating.

When she felt she had absorbed all that possibly could be absorbed, her claws were lifted from the earth, slowly. The green energy followed her like a charmer to a snake, entering her palms which tingled with delightful competence. Her hands continued to draw upwards until they were in front of her where they molded the energy into a ball. Her slender muzzle pressed forward, susurrating the spell directly into the dense mass of energy.

She did not notice she even had company, of the mortal variety, until his voice cut through her chanting disrespectfully. She fell silent, turning her head to cast him a virulent glare with her mismatched orbs. His tone was condescending, calling her little, which she was most certainly not anymore. This boy didn't know a goddess when he saw one. He was foolish. Without a word, the chanting continued and the energy was directed towards the boiling water in the shallow cauldron. Potions were not her forte, but they were simple and better suited for this occasion than a blessing or charm.

Jaketta's head gently tilted backwards as she felt the energy leave her body, through her palms, and into the potion. It was the finishing touch. A loud gasp left her before she straightened herself out and stood so that she was eye level with the man who had so rudely interrupted her. Blood and gold hues scanned over him, analyzing every detail to his form, down to the way he had half of his body turned away from her. He was not what she was expecting, but he was drawn here by the power she gathered. It was most certainly a sign from the heavens.

Slender legs carried her towards the stranger, she hadn't met him before and knew not of his name. Most likely, he was in the same rank as her or even below if she had no name to match to his handsome face. Well boy, it's a potion. A powerful one that will achieve whoever drinks it great success within the Thistle Kingdom. Her smile grew wider. Jaketta inhaled slowly, her eyes fluttering closed for a moment. It smells lovely, doesn't it? Her head tilted to the side in a curious, seductive manner. Who was he?
Last edited by Jaketta Nocturne on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Warden
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:13 am

Word Count → 401 :: OOC: bleepbloop

She was young, younger than him by quite a bit, but by her skill he could tell that she had probably been doing witchcraft since she was but a pup. He saw her manipulate that energy, or at least that's what he thought he had seen as his eyes focused on a ball of energy pulsing in her hands before being pushed into by muttered words that he did not hear. He wondered who she was, really, for he had never seen the black and rust colored jackal girl before, and she was young, as if she had not been around for much more than maybe a year. He wondered where she had come from, seeing as that Jackals were not native to Nova Scotia, and the only other jackal he had seen was that..weird broody woman with the red eyes. This girl looked like she might be the daughter of that same jackal, but he couldn't imagine who would....breed with that scary foreigner.

He shook his head as he watched her size him up. He was still much taller than she was, as he had been with most women. He looked her straight in the eyes, for he was not scared of rank - he had no reason to be. Coax's half tail flicked back and forth behind him as he found himself looking at her and in turn sizing her up. She spoke confidently of her potion, as if she had perfected it's form as he had done with his own potions. She must have been doing what he did when he was her age, experimenting and casting spells into potions as so to learn more. He had to wonder if she cared much for taste, and he found himself curious as to what her potion tasted of. Her claim of success was also something that interested him as well. It does smell good. he told her with a friendly smile.

I haven't seen you here before. I'm assuming you are new to Salsola. he told her with the same smile and a nod of his head. My name is Coaxoch Ulrich. Who are you? he asked her as he looked at her. Her eyes reminded him of Helena, and he wondered if maybe this girl was related in some way, though he doubted it because of the obvious...Jackal in her.

Salsola
The Confidant
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:15 pm

WC: 375

Jaketta welcomed the stranger's eyes as he returned the glances she cast over his strange body. Her tail flicked excitedly, ears pressing forward with the intent of a skilled huntress. Behind the male's sky colored hues, thoughts were being had. Jak was curious as to what went through his mind having found her in the Blackwoods, concocting mysterious potions. She had to note, he didn't seem phased by it. That only added to her curiosity for the male. What type of soul had the Goddess chosen for her to carry her plans out on?

A sweet smile was reflected back at him when he agreed that her potion smelled lovely. He then mentioned he hadn't seen her before and kindly introduced himself. Jaketta Nocturne. You could say I'm new, but I am no stranger to Salsola. Elphaba made sure to that. She welcomed the lessons with open arms, eager to learn everything she could about the great kingdom she now called home. The more she learned, the more power she would gain.

Jak stood before Coaxoch only briefly before she turned with the whip of her tail to kneel before the small fire and her potion. She used a wooden ladle to scoop some of it from the small cauldron. She carried the portion over to Coaxoch, holding a hand underneath it in case any of it were to drip to the cold ground below, wasted to the earth. Well, will you be so brave as to try my potion? She cocked a shoulder towards him, slowly blinking blood and gold orbs gazed into his own inquisitively, daringly. Surely you wish to obtain great success within the pack. I'm not sure you could call yourself a Salsolan if you lacked that trait, happy to sit where you are while those around you prosper.

She hoped she was convincing. If she were honest with Coaxoch, she would tell him she wasn't sure how her potion tasted or that she had never made a potion of this variety. If she were lucky, he would taste it and that would be all it took to bind them together, so they both achieved the greatness she and many other Salsolans sought after.
Last edited by Jaketta Nocturne on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Warden
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Word Count → 455 :: OOC: bleepbloop

Coax's half tail flicked back and forth pensively as he watched the stranger. She made herself not a stranger in the matter of a few moments as he had asked her what her name was, and introduced himself. She knew of Salsola, or at least she said that she knew stuff about Salsola, and he wondered who her sponsor was, seeing as he had never seen her prior to now. His tail flicked again, more in reflection of her excitement rather than in the thoughtful way as it had before. Well, It's my pleasure to meet you, Jaketta Nocturne, of Salsola. he told her with the same smile, giving her the name of Salsola, for it would seem that she was young enough to be able to insert herself within the pack with ease, and she seemed like she really wanted to be there. Coaxoch was accepting of this, just as he was when Elphaba took the throne. This Salsola was built for the younger generations, and this girl would fit in, he was sure.

When she had offered him a sip of her potion, he felt the apprehension well up in his chest. She turned back to him with little regard and slithered up to him as if she was a snake, a true Salsolan. He felt his smile turn into a nervous one before she had assured him that it was a potion for success. He chuckled nervously. O-oh, of course, I would love to become a Faction member eventually he told her, with the same nervous smile on his maw as he stood there. S-Sure, I'll try it. he told her, before he took a sip from her spoonful.

To put it lightly, the potion tasted like it had soured, and she tried to use honey to cover it. Coaxoch did not let the concoction sit in his mouth for long before he forced it down his throat and drew in a breath of air afterward. He smiled to her lightly and chuckled lightly. I guess success has a bitter taste. he told her, as he motioned his hand for her to try it too. He looked her in the eyes, for they were of the same rank, and he couldn't help but admire the gentleness in her eyes. He liked her, in a way, the girl was a spitfire, but she really did seem sweet and a good fit for Salsola's future. He hoped that they would be friends, too, even though she was a jackal. I wish success for you too, for it's not often that Outsiders show such potential for greatness. he told her easily with another wag of his tail.

Salsola
The Confidant
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 am

WC: 575

The small talk seemed to drag on. She wanted to get to the meaning of his arrival here. This Coaxoch didn't show up by chance, she was sure of it. The light colored male with the missing limb was kind and had manners. Of course it was a pleasure to meet her. He would see just as soon as he was under her spell. A true pleasure. She mimicked, smiling brightly at him before she turned away to fetch her concoction.

It was clear he was uneasy. The excitement from before and disappeared with her simple question. His excitement was irrelevant though. Once he tasted the potion, everything he ever wanted would become clear. He would see her in a new light, surrounded by a radiant glow that would attract him to her. At least, all these things were meant to happen when she thought about it in her own mind. She wasn't sure any of the effects of the potion would be visible, but she could imagine and choose to believe in them. She continued to hold the potion up to him, hoping her words would be enough to coax him into trying consuming her magic. He finally admitted, nervously, that he wished to be a faction member someday. Jaketta's eyes narrowed on him, one red and one gold hue gleaming at him from beneath feminine lashes. He stuttered as he agreed, but his anxiety was unimportant to her. Great! She practically shouted before holding the spoon up to his maw so he may drink.

She knew the potion probably wouldn't taste that great. It wasn't meant to. Or at least, she hadn't worked with potions long enough to make it taste good. It was the effects it instilled that were most important. The magic that went into it was all that really mattered to her. She probably could have done this in a different way, maybe a charm or an incantation. But, she thought the ingestion of her spell would be much more effective. He made a comment on the taste, saying that success tasted bitter. Jak laughed brightly. Well, I did ask you if you'd be brave and you were. I never promised it would taste good. Silly. He was funny and kind. Despite never meeting him before, Coaxoch seemed to be the perfect choice for her spell. There were some individuals in Salsola she wished to steer clear of, many snakes and devils. Jak was a Goddess, an angel and she wished to build a life with someone of similar nature. That, was something that would be hard to do in pack such as this. Regardless, she would make it work for her.

Success can certainly be bitter sometimes as well. Especially in Salsola. I'm sure you agree. However, I'd say its the road to success that can be the most bitter. When obtained, that's when things start tasting sweet. Jak went to place the ladle back into her cauldron. She licked at her lips before turning back to Coaxoch. So, Coaxoch, I haven't seen you before either. Its a wonder that you happened to be in the Black woods at the exact time of my spell. I'd say, it must be Fate. The blood laced witch continued to smile sweetly at the light male. She'd like to know something about him before the end of the day.
Salsola
The Warden
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 am

Word Count → 502 :: OOC: bleepbloop

Jaketta had teased him when he had made a sour face at her concoction, and he chuckled lightly shortly after. You should work on making it taste a bit better, my friend. Others might actually want to drink some potions then. he retorted as he chuckled at her, and his bright eyes stayed focused on her. She seemed to be pretty intelligent, from what Coaxoch could see, and he actually kinda liked her from their short experience with each other now. He found that she might be a valuable friend in the future, should she also be a potion maker like he was. Maybe one day, they could switch recipe books. He wondered if she would be up for something like that, though he did not ask her yet. It was too soon to be switching recipe books, because they were definitely a personal thing...at least, his was.

She explained to him just as easily that success in Salsola could be bitter, and he nodded lightly. She was right. I cannot say you are wrong. he agreed with her as he got comfortable and he sat down with his legs crisscrossed. He sighed lightly and pushed his bangs back on his head, but they easily bounced back in their normal spot. He didn't think about how she could have been lying to him, he only thought about what he might be able to do to help make her potion taste better. He seemed to be slightly daydreaming when she had asked him her next question, and he shook his head lightly before turning back to looking at her. He caught her question and the suggestion that it must have been fate. Maybe it was. Maybe the gods brought the two together for some ultimate plan. Coax wondered what it could be, but he did not linger on it too long.

O-Oh, I u-uh... he started to speak as he ran his hand back through his blonde hair once more. He chuckled nervously again. The gods work in mysterious ways, I guess. I was just kinda finishing up my prayers and worship for the night. It's part of my nightly routine. he told her, smiling lightly. He normally did not tell others that he had a routine in fear of being called "boring" for having a set time where he would always venture out and to his nightly worship. I also live out here in the Springhill Church, so the Blackwoods is pretty much my home inside Salsola. Pretty sure Ankh is the only other person who lives out here besides myself, my brother, and my servant. he told her, possibly giving her a bit too much information. He was curious to know about her too though, seeing as she had definitely been a new face in these forests.

Are you in Salsola by yourself, or do you also have family? he asked her, easily as he let his baby blues linger on her for a bit longer.

Salsola
The Confidant
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 pm

WC: 731

Coaxoch commented on how she should make her potion taste better. She gave a slow shrug, but smiled, unsure how she would go about doing that. It would be rather grand if her potions actually appealed to others' sense of taste. She couldn't begin to imagine what went into making a potion taste good. She was no cook.

I'm not really sure how I'd do that. I can try I suppose. I agree that magic should taste like...magic. She would try, but who knew if the potion would end up tasting better or worse. The one armed man chortled at her. His laughter was infectious and she caught herself chuckling lightly as well. He was funny as well as easy on the eye and she had no trouble conversing with him.

There was no argument as she stated her opinions on success and how it might taste. This caused her sweet smile to sharpen into a grin as her lips pulled back to reveal glossy daggers. Coaxoch sat, and so she did as well, resting atop both of her legs as they folded underneath her like a dark bird. Her hands rested on her thighs as she gazed hopefully over at the blue eyed male, wondering if her spell was working at all. She couldn't tell from looking at him. He still smelled the same aside from the hint of her potion on his breath. Since she didn't know him, she couldn't tell if he was acting differently either. This was not panning out the way she hoped.

Blood and gold hues continued to assess him as he brushed his hand through the bangs of his short golden locks. It was clear her mind was at work. Her grin had since faded and her lips pursed as she studied him. He seemed to get choked up a bit as she mentioned fate. The fact that it rattled him confused her. Jaketta nodded sharply as he began to speak about the gods. They certainly did work in mysterious ways, at least for others. She had the firm belief that anything that happened to her was predetermined, by the Gods or Goddess. The Goddess had a mission, she was sure of it. What this mission entailed, Jaketta had not the slightest clue. While she knew nearly everything about the Goddess that was born into this world as an incarnation of, she still wasn't sure if Onofria's rebirth was the will of the gods, or simply the Goddess breaking free from her shackles. Time would reveal all secrets so long as she was patient.

Oh? What Gods or Goddesses do you worship Coaxoch? Her face brightened again, smile widening radiantly. Her Salsolan counterparts religious beliefs were always an interesting topic of discussion. She was always amused by learning of all the deities that made Salsola so strong. The vast number of religious beliefs was possibly one of her favorite things about their great Kingdom.

The man then mentioned that the Blackwoods were basically his home seeing as he lived in the Springhill Church. The intrigue for him was written all over her features. She was jealous of those who lived here in the Blackwoods. Maybe she'd think about making this place her home as well. I come here so much I might as well live here as well. These woods always sing melodies to me as I walk past and beckon me in. I think it knows who's fond of it and who understands its mystery. All the stories about the Blackwoods were almost certainly told by those who didn't understand the forces at work here.

Coaxoch directed a question towards her. I live here with my mom. She brought me here when I was young. Salsola can be a very confusing place for a young Luperci, but I learned quickly. Thanks to Elphaba. Jaketta had grown a fondness and unshakable respect for the Revlis woman. If not for her, Jaketta may as well be part of the Servatori. She was aware that her mother's acceptance into the back waged heavily on The Boss taking her as her ward. Never, did Jaketta think this a bad thing, and never did the Nocturne girl think ill of her mother for agreeing to Elphaba's terms. This was destined to happen after all.
Salsola
The Warden
Sami
Defiant Star

POSTED: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 pm

OOC - Bleepbloop WC:573

As we fall

She mentioned about not knowing how to make her potions taste all that good, and he wagged his nub at the prospect of maybe helping her one day in the future with getting a good potion together. "It's a matter of experimenting, for sure. My own potions have gone through a lot of experiments to get to where they taste at least a bit better than they would normally." he spoke, not wanting to toot his own horn but he did like to think that his hard work was paying off and his wines and potions were getting better. One day, he hoped to be a Potions Master, and a master of Poisons, for he found that poisons were a one armed man's easy way to rid themselves of a problem.

He noticed that she seemed to be waiting for something, and she looked at him a bit harder than he was comfortable with. His reaction for this was to push his hair "out of his face" again and look away from her nervously. He didn't exactly know what she wanted from him but it was making him quite a bit anxious, and he thought about finding an excuse to leave, but then she had started to ask him questions. She wanted to know about his Gods.

This was something that Coaxoch had never really been asked in detail about before, and he felt anxiety bubbling in his chest even more now. He smiled nervously and pushed his bangs out of his face for a third time as a chuckle passed his lips. "Well, about that. There are some Gods. They aren't really...well known, I guess. We call them the Night Bringer, and the Red God. I think they have other names too, but my father has not told them to me." he told her readily as he looked at her with little regard of if his eye contact was disrespectful or not. She talked to him about the whispers and songs of the forest as well, and Coaxoch nodded to her sentiment about the forest. It certainly knew who would hear it, and it did beckon those from all around. "I have heard them too. Living here, you hear a lot of songs, both happy and sad." he told her, nodding his head again as he thought about all the sad whispers he could hear almost on a daily basis because of the location of the Church and how haunted the halls of the Church had been.

She mentioned her mother was here, and he searched his memories to see who her mother could be. "She is not the ebony jackal lady right? Khael?" he asked, Khael being at the forefront of his mind even though she had been here for a decent amount of time and he would think that he would hear of a child between the two woman a lot sooner. It was hard to not picture her being the daughter of the ebony jackal because she had the red eye, and then she also had the floppy-ish ear like Katinka.

He had not met her mother yet, and he was confused about where she came from. "Did you have another pack before Salsola? Do you remember it at all?" he asked, curious about if she was born into another pack before Salsola or if she and her parents were loners who conceived.

I'll be reaching out to keep you safe

Salsola
The Confidant
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

Salsola