Put aside our differences, but keep a blade behind your back

Elphaba

POSTED: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:18 am

CdC Ambassador Co-Rank wrote:"Challenge 3: Meet with the pack leader to give them a gift and offer your services as an Ambassador."

Optime | SL Borders | Foredated: Late November
Character NPC: Kamari | Animal NPCs: Apollo & Agrona (+634)

Ambassador co-rank challenge.

I’ll keep Kamari as a background NPC for now. Feel free to PP her in your post!

It was concerning, the number of packs that had suddenly fallen in recent months. News of Sapient had come first, then of Inferni, and then Teagan herself had been witness to the aftermath of whatever had destroyed Krokar. It had been a headache for sure, to consider if it was all coincidence or if there was another factor afoot. Three packs in their region. Three. And all within a reported span of four months.

Casa di Cavalieri had good ties with two of the known three that remained. Cour des Miracles was one of their allies, and Honrin had seen to it that Casa di Cavalieri’s ties with the new pack, Mistfell Vale, remained pleasant. That left one shadowy realm to remain a complete mystery to the knights. Unchecked for ages, with social interactions strongly avoided at all costs, it was almost humorous to think that they could almost just look across the bay at one another, and, yet, they often pretended the other didn’t exist. A black mark on a map, a place to steer clear of, to avoid all contact with.

Their history with one another, their conflict of interests and ways of doing things, it had been what had set them so far apart. In a world that seemed to be quickly dwindling though, the War Lord had decided that, perhaps, it was time to see if some sort of frosty tolerance—for, she doubt there would be much more unless the hidden Kingdom had drastically changed their nefarious ways—could be met.

She had rode out to the last known location of Salsola with her comrade, Mako, to accompany her. Given the packs’ reputation with one another, she was not foolish to make the journey alone. As one of the Council, she already risked quite a bit by doing this herself. And if she were to be severely injured for whatever reason, she had a higher chance of making it back to Casa di Cavalieri with a comrade at her side. It was for this reason that her falcon, Agrona, had also been brought along for the journey.

Expect the unexpected, was one of her philosophies.

Once they had reached the Pictou River, Teagan had had Mako and Agrona stay quite a ways back. Enough that, if they looked for the man, they could see the Brotherhood member in the distance, but he was far enough away that, hopefully, these Salsolans would not see him as a threat. Teagan was not there to show off Casa di Cavalier’s might or to intimidate whoever showed up, after all. At a spot where the river was easily crossable—where the water ran so shallow, it babbled perhaps an inch or two above the riverbed’s slippery rocks—Teagan dismounted from her tall horse.

The Stryder checked her bags of gifted goods—a few choice leather pieces that could be made into armor, a few knives, as well as various forms of food or spices—before she threw up her head in a summoning howl. Her sword and armor, with her family crests upon her shoulder and the pack’s purple, Celtic knot worn over her breast, should have made her easily recognizable for what pack she might have belonged to. Her rank cloak, though green instead of the usual purple, and lined with cougar fur, might have also been a distinct sign that she was a Cavalier.

Patiently, Teagan waited, curious to see if any Salsolan would answer the call. They were rumored to be a secretive bunch, and any Cavalier that read their history records would know better than to carelessly cross into their land. In all, it made the warrior princess interested to see if these Salsolans were truly like what their stories made them to be.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:59 am

Word Count → ??? :: !!!

It is difficult to forget the taste of war. There is no clean, singular flavor; But a memory as strong as scent, clinging to the back of the throat like bile or ash. Some relished it as though there were no sweeter thing, and truly they were mad, for war tastes as rancid as only the dead can.

In spite of their apparent victory, the third such triumph to place upon their political mantle, Salsola had not yet forgotten war. Maybe it was for this reason that their ravenous gaze, so full of contempt and superiority, looked to all their dwindling neighbors but overlooked the one that was closest. Just across the grey waters was an enemy they were too proud to seduce, yet too wary to confront.

For confrontation would lead to another war, and the second Queen of Salsola wasn't certain the strength of her reign had grown enough to survive such a thing.

So it was a great alarm when the little Kaiser reported a knight on their borders. The hair on Elphaba's nape bristled, but she was careful not to let any sign of indecision bleed out into her expression. It was a discomforting situation - the Cavalier appeared to be alone and her call indicated a desire for parley, but liars look for deception in others. It seemed too naive to be truth.

Perhaps an ambush, then, or a trick.

She sent the fox to alert O'Riley and summon Brocade and his Shield for backup. Kamari seemed unwilling to allow the young Boss to risk herself without company, and for this reason - and certainly not through any fears of her own - she bid the master spy to accompany her at once.

There was no sense in keeping the knight waiting, especially unsupervised.

Kamari led her south along the Pictou, and where the water thinned out over flat stone and became little more than an ankle-deep crossing, they found the woman.

Elphaba stamped the butt of her simple wooden staff on the uneven ground, the dull thud punctuating their sudden arrival. She did not smile, though the slant to her deep red eyes indicated some perverse kind of amusement; The tendrils of her long, dark hair reached out like branches and crackled with friction. At her side, the smaller jackal was eerily composed, her clever fingers ready to draw on any number of hidden weapons.

"It is bold of you to come here," Authority made the words heavy with threat, but Elphaba's coy expression remained mild and unreadable, "Luck must be with you, Outsider, for you to make it this far. Tell me why the Knights have sent me one of their own - and why it is of any interest of mine that I allow you to return to them."

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Character NPC: Kamari | Animal NPC: Apollo (+846)

It didn’t take long for someone to arrive, and, not surprisingly, there were two of them that answered the call. They emerged from their side of the woods like shadows, their feet light upon the leaf-covered earth, their presence there suddenly, and without any prior forewarning. To a lesser creature, it might have been intimidating, particularly with the rumors that were whispered about this unknown realm beyond a supposedly booby-trapped border. Teagan had dealt with her fair share of nightmares though.

The taller of the two had hair that was as dark as firewood that had been burned in Mako’s forge. It was long, though, looked as if it was meticulously kept despite how it brushed down by the woman’s hips. Her figure was feminine, curvy, pretty. With how well kept her fur and overall looks were, the warrior princess highly doubted that the woman was a fighter, at least, not of the physical variety. The sharp look in her cardinal eyes, the arrogant stride to her gliding step, there was no doubt in Teagan’s mind that she held power of a different type; with her words and mind.

Her cohort was a small creature, perhaps of jackal origin like Iorek’s gay lover was. With how they were dressed, it was hard to tell much about them. Their cloak and loose-fitting pants distorted their form. Whether it as a man or a woman, Teagan couldn’t identify with their distance and with the autumn wind blowing parallel to the gathered parties. The cloak that they wore hid a lot about their features, particularly with the hood drawn up as it was. Of what the Cavalier could tell, they were an archer, judging from the bow and hip quiver. The shadows of the hood kept their eyes a secret from Teagan, and it was annoying to not know where they might be looking.

Whoever they were, they stood close to the tall one, though, they seemed to have purposely put enough distance between their comrade to allow for freedom of movement. The way their feet were placed hinted at someone who knew how to fight. A guard, most likely, though, whether it was a good one had yet to be seen.

When the cardinal-eyed woman spoke, her tone made it obvious that she was likely someone of authority. From what Teagan had read of Casa di Cavalieri’s last reports on who led the Thistle Kingdom though, the records told of a fierce woman of gold. Had this one overthrown the last? Somehow, Teagan didn’t seem surprised if such were the case given what little she actually knew about the pack.

Despite the obvious threat, Teagan offered the dark woman a cold smile. “Because I’m sure that you know as well as I do that such would cause quite a conflict between our packs. Word on the wind says that the Kingdom has seen some trouble in recent times.” Two large battles. And while she knew little to nothing of the other, one of them had caused the coyotes to flee their homeland of many years. “And I’m certain you, like the leader that I assume that you are, would like to avoid unnecessary conflict.” The Court was an ally to the knights, and the Vale was on good terms with them from what Honrin told. The other packs had disbanded, forced or otherwise, and large groups of sellswords often came from lands far from this one. From what the War Lord could see, things did not bode well for the Kingdom to act rashly with their visit here.

Hopefully, the words would dissuade the Salsolans from considering anything nefarious while they had a Cavalier so far from home.

Canary eyes shifted to the smaller Luperci to make sure they weren’t going to attack before moving them back to the cardinal-eyed woman. Teagan continued then, doing well to make her stance to appear lax and non-threatening, her words business-like and neutral in the hope that it might help relieve some of the thick tension between them. “I’m not here to fight or to demand justices of you or your Kingdom. As you may be aware, there are fewer packs than there were just last winter, and with more and more falling as of late. As such, I think it would beneficial to the both of us to begin to look beyond old grudges of years past.”

Teagan shifted, her arm moving slowly, eyes watching as the smaller Salsolan’s figure shifted in turn, tension beginning to build in their stance. “I’ve heard that you like gifts. I’ve brought a few if it’ll open your thoughts to consideration.” The Cavalier announced, placing her palm upon Apollo’s full saddlebags. She left the floor open for the woman to decide whether or not she would hear what the War Lord had to say, whether or not their conversation would stop there or if she would allow Teagan to continue.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:59 am

Word Count → ??? :: !!!

Her words sunk into the silence between them, stones thrown into icy waters. It was not so far from the truth; Between the Outsider and the two superior, the Pictou ran gentle and coy, chilled by the ice that had already began to cap the Halcyon ranges.

It fed Elphaba's power, in the same way that everything about this land did. Salsola had prospered in spite of the bleakness and in-hospitality of their land, not because of it. Every stone, every thorn, every gnarled pine - Though their borders seemed indistinct and vague to some, they were as bright and blinding to Elphaba as the noonday sun.

They were on home turf. Two leagues to their left, a pitfall with sharpened yew spikes. A stone's throw to their right, rope snaking between the heather, barbed here and there with little scrapmetal spurs.

Kamari was at her back, bow and quiver at hand. One arrow to pierce the eye. One arrow to pierce the throat. One arrow to pierce the heart.

These thoughts ran, a susurrus below the murmur of the water, serpentine in the coils of the young queen's mind.

It helped to calm her immediate urges, which were bloodier and viler than anyone knew.

The knight spoke coldly, with a diplomat's tongue. So it seemed there was more to her than handsome muscle and leather armor, a brain behind the impressive brawn. Elphaba's eyes narrowed against the same pale light that colored the Cavalier in shades of winsome gold. "Troubles?" She echoed, and a smile followed the word, black lips lifting to show the gleam of her clean teeth. "We have no troubles, Knight, or haven't you noticed? They're all gone, after all. Nothing stays a trouble to the great kingdom of Salsola for long."

It was not a baseless gloat, but something in her stomach grew tighter in response to the other woman's truths.

She felt, rather than saw, Kamari's readiness. All it would take was a word, a single unwise motion, for this meeting to erupt into violence. But in spite of her brashness, Elphaba felt the cold tendrils of caution stay her hand.

Once again, the Cavalier spoke.

For a moment, surprise disquieted the intensity of the young queen's red stare. Though her jagged smile did not falter, the uncertainty held it stiffly for a moment; Her eyes danced between the Outsider's hand and her saddlebags, suspicious but intrigued. "You're brokering for a peacetime treaty?" Incredulous though the sentiment was, she nonetheless looked suddenly and auspiciously canny.

Gifts were a staple of their culture. The knight had done her research.

After a pendulous pause, Elphaba wrinkled her nose. "Very well, I'll take the gifts - but only if you step back from the horse, and let my shield fetch them instead." She gestured to the conservative, unreadable figure of the jackal. "Only a fool would let a knight reach for something unknown on their own horse; Oh, don't take offense, consider it a compliment. I've heard your cavalry is quite exceptional," The young woman canted her head coyly, "And worry not, I've no business in stealing horses of lower quality than my own stock."

She made a wordless gesture with one hand to Kamari.

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:55 pm

Character NPC: Kamari | Animal NPC: Apollo (+1,610)

Yikes! Sorry this turned out to be so large @___@ Most of it is just Teagan trying to remain diplomatic-y with the “enemy” x3

“Tch.” This woman was arrogant as ever, and with every right to be. Confident as the War Lord was in her and Mako’s fighting prowess, they stood little chance when this woman could easily summon her army before they’d be able to make it across Drifter Bay. And Teagan had a feeling that this Salsolan woman was well aware of that fact too. With any luck though, Teagan’s words had made the cardinal-eyed female reconsider any hasty thoughts to get rid of the knights at her border. With winter coming, a war between their packs would not bode well for their denizens.

Teagan held her tongue from saying anything more. She wasn’t there to insult the pair’s pack, nor was she there to get into an argument with them. Diplomacy was her purpose, and it was in Casa di Cavalieri’s best interest that she did not allow herself to be lured away from such.

The War Lord’s offer of goods seemed to get more of a reaction out of the taller Salsolan. Interested, her eyes told, though her tone made her sound as if she didn’t believe the Cavalier. “If that’s what it takes to have you entertain what I have to suggest,” Teagan replied evenly. This all hinged on Salsola’s willingness to participate. If they would not budge, there would be nothing that the Stryder could do to make them. Force would not work with their kind. They’d merely go back to hiding in the shadows and behind their secrets, and they’d both be back to how things had always been between their packs.

Silence befell them, and, for a moment, Teagan wondered if the red-eyed woman would turn her away altogether. When she finally spoke though, the woman accepted the gifts, however, she made her conditions. Teagan’s canary eyes slide to the short figure that the woman had referred to, curiously, as her “Shield.” Though she could not see them, Teagan could feel their eyes digging into her flesh, watching her steadily, as if daring her to entertain any acts of deceit. It made the Stryder wonder how good of a fighter this mysterious Luperci was—to be given a title that might have been unsuitable for something so small and seemingly unfit for close-ranged combat—and how proficient they might have been with that bow—or anything else they might have had hidden away on their figure—in their grasp.

“As you wish,” Teagan accepted the woman’s terms. She purposely ignored the backhanded compliment—if it could be called a compliment at all. Offended as she was that the Salsolan would look upon her stallion poorly, she knew better than to be goaded. If things came to a fight here, it would not be because Teagan lost her temper.

She reached over to Apollo, unfastening and gathering the bags on either side before dropping them together in a pile at her feet. Her wolf genes made Teagan stand on the taller and heavier side of females, which required her horse to match her. It meant that his height would have made the whole affair of this short Shield agent retrieving the goods more difficult than Teagan had the patience for.

Teagan’s hands were held up and made clearly visible as she took a few steps back, inviting the Shield to move forth to receive the gifts she had to offer for Salsola’s compliance during their meeting.

They assessed her, and, only once they seemed sure that neither Teagan, her horse, or her partner in the far distance would do anything, they crossed the shallows of the babbling stream. Had Teagan not been paying close attention to them, she might have sworn that they hadn’t even gotten their feet wet. They were quick on their feet and light in their step, their actions minimal and drew little attention to their wraith-like movements towards the tall Cavalier and her horse. A stealth fighter, Teagan mused. It was the only explanation of everything she had seen thus far in the short Salsolan.

When they came upon the bags, they shouldered their bow and deposited their arrow into their hip quiver. They seemed to observe Teagan and her mount for a beat, purposely tilting their head just so so that the hood of their cloak still distorted most of their facial features. From their closer distance though, Teagan could make out a trimmed snout as they knelt to pick up the bags. Topped with large ears that poked through specially cut holes in their hood, Teagan felt more confident in her assumption that the individual might have been a jackal or a mix.

Quickly as they had come across the water, so too did they return. Teagan would have preferred if the Shield had rifled through the bags’ contents on her side of the river, but, could understand the reasoning behind the decision. It was a shame though, as it meant that the bags and their contents—whether these Salsolans entertained her further or not—were now lost to the War Lord.

The hooded Salsolan placed the gifts—with the bags opened so that their companion could see the bags’ contents—at the red-eyed woman’s feet, turning quickly and resuming their previous position with their bow drawn at the low-ready.

“I am Teagan Stryder, daughter of the Lune, Luca Knight, and War Lord of Casa di Cavalieri,” Teagan introduced while she had their attention on the offered goods. “I hope my gifts please you, Salsolan.”

Within one of the bags, one could see a few bundles of bound, leather material that could have been used to make clothes, perhaps armor pieces like bracers or pauldrons if one knew how. Metal gleamed off of the knives’ guards in the autumn sunlight. They were all of decent quality, not the best, but, such was to be expected with such a tense meeting between two groups that had been at odds with one another for so long. In the other bag, there were pouches that were marked with the names of herbs and spices, others that smelt heavily of dried meat and smoked fish, prepared and seasoned by the Cavalier’s butcher and their newest head cook. A few root vegetables could be found as well, as they were items that would not quickly spoil or to have been bruised with the journey to Salsola’s borders.

“As I said before, there are few and fewer packs within this region as of late, and while I am certain that neither of us are suffering enough to have to rely on others, I’m sure you can understand the desire to…” How should she put it? “…keep your options open if it is of benefit to your pack.” Teagan shifted her weight, the edges of her cloak fluttering as an autumn breeze gently rolled by. “I am not foolish enough to believe you’d want an alliance with the knights, but, perhaps you could tolerate one of them every now and again. I’m sure you stand nothing to lose from local trade, perhaps more if you have good behavior.” She smirked, indicating the last of her comment to be a tease, a light tap at Salsola’s previously recorded behavior.

“These are a small sample of what Casa di Cavalieri could give in trade. Whether you accept my offer will not change their ownership.” They were Salsola’s now. It was an attempt to show that Teagan was not there to play the bully role that the secretive Kingdom probably thought often of Casa di Cavalieri. Their participation would not be forced, and they were free to take advantage of the situation should it please them. Hopefully though, they would not.

“Should you allow it, I would like to become Casa di Cavalieri’s ambassador for your Kingdom. I see little benefit to stand between us continuing to ignore the other’s existence as one would mold in a dark cupboard, given acknowledgement to only when it disturbs something in our daily routine.”

Everything she had said thus far, Teagan hoped it would please this woman who stood before her. She had not lorded Casa di Cavalieri over the Kingdom, had not made them out to be the nightmare that the rumors and stories made the secretive realm often out to be. She did not accuse them nor bring up their past wrongs against the knights. She did not speak of their differences in opinion of what made some Luperci more comparable to property and what made others not.

She spoke from an angle of logic. If they did not know their enemy except on information that was years overdue, how could they properly defend themselves should it come to war? If their ways had changed, they only sought to hurt themselves by letting their opinions and actions be molded by issues made by members of older generations. There was benefit—in Teagan’s eyes at least—to local trade. In the winter months in particular, it meant less travel for the same items. Goods could be more quickly obtained with less distance, and it meant perishable ones could be more readily available. Less packs meant more room for new groups of Luperci to amass, and, if it came down to it, it never hurt to have the possibility of help—even if it came at a cost.

Times had changed, and Teagan was curious to see if it had affected the Kingdom as it did elsewhere in the region.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 am

Word Count → ??? :: totally got the hots for Teagan

Each barbed goad came as easily as breath. Each was a singular, penultimate test. Elphaba was a manifestation of the arrogance, the superiority, the nobility of her blood; This had been Salvia's design. For a woman purportedly only invested in the breeding of horses, she had certainly turned her hand to the manipulation of royal lines with ardor. Standing here, the butt of her staff as firmly planted in the earth as the nearby beech copses, her granddaughter stood as the wielder of the Law, the face of a kingdom with enough infamy to blood the water that burbled at her feet.

Take the bait, each sharp glance, each snarky word, each glinting tooth begged. Betray what you have come here to do. Take the bait!

And to her credit, the knight never did.

It garnered some small seed of respect, planted in ill soil. Begrudgingly, she saw something admirable in the stoicism of the Cavalier, who refused to be intimidated or provoked.

Elphaba's red eyes held firmly on the warlord, not even as Kamari deftly retrieved her bribe. Her stare was even, constant - perhaps, when the right light caught it, thoughtful.

For every opportunity there was a just reward. Already, she thought of how she would explain this surreal turn of events to O'Riley, and what he might say. Her cousin was less afraid of war than other men; Blooded many times over, she figured that he would not have batted an eye at the suggestion the knight had traveled here to make. He wouldn't have hesitated in exacting the old toll, the one set in place by her ancestor after the last time the Cavaliers had turned against them. Certain prices begged to be paid.

But O'Riley was not Boss, and Elphie had always been one to twist the old way of things.

"Teagan Strider, Warlord of the Cavaliers, princess to the castle of Knight," She tasted the names, and found that they rang iron and rusty with power on the tongue. Savoring the flavor of it, the young woman rolled her tongue around the words, committing them to the bright flame of memory. She held one hand, palm-up.

"I am my grandmother's chosen; Second Queen of Salsola, redeemer of house Revlis. I am the Boss, wielder of the Law of the Thistle Kingdom. You-" Almost seductively, one finger crooked and vermilion eyes flashing, "May call me Elphaba, seeing as we are to be well acquainted with one another. Only you; Because I like the look and the sound of you, Teagan Strider."

Appreciative, her eyes gave the tall well-built wolfish woman another bold once-over, before dipping to see the goods that Kamari had diligently sprawled at her feet. Using the end of the staff, she poked among it, not warily but almost carelessly - As though the greater gift had been to learn the other woman's name.

A name gives a thing power, after all.

"Who do you report to?" She asked, voice mild, attention still apparently diverted by picking through the assorted gifts. "Was it their idea, or yours, to come knocking at my door - will it bring you glory to return home with both your head and a verbal agreement?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Character NPC: Kamari | Animal NPC: Apollo (+819)

XDD Also, we could probably wrap this up soon, if you'd like? :O

Her titles seemed to either amuse or intrigue the woman, for, she tested their weight on her own tongue. From Teagan’s lack of knowledge of the cardinal-eyed female though, Teagan couldn’t be sure if the echo of titles were in her favor or against it. After a beat though, the conversation was moving again. The Salsolan introduced herself, and it seemed that Teagan had been right in her assumption that the woman was, indeed, one of the Kingdom’s powers of authority. And, from the sounds of it, was probably related to the golden-pelted leader that had been reported to have led the Kingdom in Casa di Cavalieri’s history books.

With the material goods in Salsola’s grasp, and their ranks and standings within their packs offered, it seemed this Elphaba woman was more open to speaking with the Cavalier before her. Though, Teagan was not entirely sure what to make of the suggestive onceover that the Boss gave her. She had received a similar look from men, even Mako sometimes, but, never so boldly from another female, and definitely not in recent times. Teagan found it safest to ignore the glance, to remain neutral as if it had never happened.

Canary eyes slid briefly to the other that stood at Elphaba’s side, but, the smaller Salsolan was silent, and it appeared that Elphaba would not introduce them further than their title of “Shield.” Her gaze returned to the leader of Salsola.

“I will ensure that any knights that I send to your Kingdom on official business are made aware of how they should address you,” Teagan replied with a minute dip of her snout in respect. It was highly unlikely that she would allow—her father or one of the Council could very well overrule her if they saw fit for it—any of the lower Cavaliers to interact with the Kingdom on their own, not trusting how they might act or what they might say and risk crumbling something so fragile. Teagan made no comment to the allowance for herself and herself alone. If such was how the Boss of the Thistle Kingdom wished for their interactions to continue, Teagan would abide by her rules…within reason, for course.

Elphaba rummaged through the bags, though, with how she poked at the contents with her staff, it made it seem as if the Boss was untrusting that there wasn’t some hidden threat within. Either that, or it was a show of power and control, to not seem eager or greedy, or perhaps to maintain the image of Salsola’s superior tastes to that of the knights’.

“Only my father stands above me,” she replied calmly. There was little reason to hide where she stood amongst the Cavaliers, not when Elphaba had made it known that she was the leader of the Kingdom. “Our meeting today was of my own doing, as you can probably tell by the fact that I only brought one of my own trusted knights along with me.” She canted her head a bit to indicate to the blacksmith that sat upon his tall horse in the background. Having dealt with the nefarious ways of the Kingdom before, Teagan suspected that her father or anyone else might have sent a few more Cavaliers, perhaps been more aggressive and showing of strength.

“The fact that I returned without a scratch will, perhaps, show my father that my journey here was not as out of reach as our history might have suggested.” Killing the War Lord wouldn’t have been an easy feat, and if she would have died that day, Teagan would have dragged as many Salsolan cowards as she could to hell with her. “As for the others, there will be no glory to be had. There will be questions, doubts, and opinions, but, it’s nothing I can’t handle. Many of the older knights, for example, will need time and physical proof before their old biases can be changed.” She trusted that the Boss would keep to her word and their interactions with one another would not simply end when they parted ways there that day. “I’m sure you understand.” She concluded, smiling frostily at Elphaba.

She waited a beat before she moved the conversation forward. “How would you like for me to come into contact with your Kingdom?” Giving prior notice before meetings? Only in person? By bird or another animal? In blood or some sort of warm-bodied sacrifice? “With the rumored, secretive ways of your Kingdom, I don’t believe you’d come down to Casa di Cavalieri, but, if you should, I would suggest that your person howl for me. I’ll ensure that there are…no mistakes or lack of hospitality made by an errant Cavalier.”

Teagan would not let a trigger happy knight destroy what she sought to build.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:04 am

Word Count → ??? :: can finish here or with your next post! xx

Her father's father had been a creature of outrageous tastes. For pleasure, no sum nor allowance was too frugal. For beauty, no bribe nor lover irreplaceable. Grandmother had told her that this was the way of men; Their weaknesses overcame them in the end, all to the lesser benefit of those who stood in their shadow.

Still - and it must be said - there is no taking the hunger out of a Revlis.

It was wise that Teagan had allotted herself this role, perhaps wiser than even the warlord had foreseen. If the man she said was waiting for her in the brush had instead announced himself a would-be ambassador, Elphaba would have enjoyed seeing what short work Kamari made of him. The arrogance of men was audacious, brash, crude. The arrogance of women was natural and ambitious.

So it had been set under Salvia's golden age.

The women looked almost to be of age with one another, though this was harder to tell in the wolfish types, who wore their youth disguised beneath the weight of a thick winter pelt. This reinforced Elphaba's assumptions, not only about her world, but the greater world too - It was destined to belong to the young.

"You will send no knights," She said pleasantly, and once more lifted the glittering rubies of her eyes to grace the warlord with a covetous glance, "Only yourself, and a guard or merchant as you see fit."

The sound of rummaging resumed again, and this time when she spoke the queen did not look up. The provocative nature of her words was daring enough. "Without a scratch? How bland. I feel it best that even my business relationships have a little bite to them, no?" The sound of her laughter ran beneath the burbling of the thin water, swimming like dark shapes therein. Still it seemed the Cavalier had no interest in the thrill of such forbidden talk, and plowed right ahead with her negotiations.

Charmingly single-minded, certainly, though Elphaba privately thought that her political foreplay could use a little work.

Seemingly satisfied that she had inspected each individual gift, the young Queen gathered the saddle-bag up and slung it over her shoulder. "If you must send a bird, tie a bright ribbon to its claw or else it will be shot down." Matter-of-factly, her shoulder shrugged to indicate the diminutive but no less auspicious hooded figure at her side. "My people don't like Outsiders, so please understand. If you seek an audience with me, you'd best come sweetly and say as much right-away." She pondered a moment over whether or not the warlord was capable of sweetness, and what such a thing might look like, before shrugging the indulgent thought away.

For a moment it seemed as though they might leave it there, but even as the Boss waved her hand dismissively she paused: "Oh, and Teagan?" That name again, spoken with a purr, "Do give my warm regards to your father, won't you?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

Dead Topics