[m] heart of the darkness

POSTED: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:21 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

”How much do you want for all of this?” Ciprian was surprised that he had found such a young trader so far from the pack territories. She was pretty, with two long braids that hung over each shoulder and eyes that were the color of a blood moon. Her voice was lightly accented, and when she introduced herself it was with the name of Symettra.

She had a small horse with her, a creamy-paint creature with a mane that matched the ink-dark of his fur.

The horse tossed her head every time Ciprian spoke – and he could see the way the girls shoulders were tensed despite the confidence that gleamed in her eyes.

”Well, I ask that we trade fairly.” She was naïve. Too young to be so far from her camp alone.

Ciprian stepped closer, lifting a hand to stroke her horses velvety muzzle as he pretended to consider what to offer her in exchange. ”I don’t have much – but,” He reached into his cloak and brought out a leather bag filled with the rings that he had taken from his fingers and shook them so that they rung together like bells, ”I do have these.”

He planned to follow her and steal them back. When she looked at him he smiled with too many teeth, tucking the bag back into the many folds of his cloak.

"Where did you say you came from again?"

"I'm from a camp not far away. My family is close." She clicked her teeth, "Very close."

He hesitated a moment and tapped his chin before allowing the grin to slowly come back.

"I don't believe you."

He began to creep forward, one hand reaching for the hidden hilt of his dagger.

Symre is attempting her first merchant duty - but has run into the wrong character :') Come and meet Ciprian and save the day! If no one joins I will be bringing Broc in to crack some skulls. :) M because... maybe violence?

Loners
DEAD
Amanda
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 am

I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

OOC: +400 words.

Idrieus kept herself close when it came to the inner workings of Salsola, and keeping to note of everything that was happening around her. It paid to live close to the center of the Ruins, hearing about all the rumors that seemed to be spreading around the kingdom as of late. Something that had become obvious was the... what appeared to be falling out between the Director and his niece. Though unsure of the reason behind this, it had been an interesting thing to take note of. She had seen in on her last outing with the gray male, and wondered what would break such a family apart?

Maybe she was starting to see the same things that the Paladin was in some regard. It would be smart of anyone to just not blindly accept things given to them.

The dog woman paced along towards the northern border, picking up the young woman's scent, it seemed she had covered her scent at the least, which was smart, and the new trail began to head north. Considering how attached she seemed to be to her uncle's side, it was strange to see that she was moving outside of Salsola on her own.

Then again, maybe this was a way of trying to prove something to him.

Following along the trail, along with disgusing her own scent along the way, the woman brushed her golden locks over her scar before her blue gaze narrowed on what was before her. There was Symre's dark figure, but another that was even darker than her... and moving slowly towards her. One hand seemed to be moving at his side. Even if the younger one wanted to make a move, it wouldn't do her any good on her own. Resting one hand over the grip of her rapier, the dog woman pushed out into the scene, "Symettra." It would do them no good to reveal who they truly were by using her real name. Stepping closer, her gaze narrowed on the black man in front of her. Keeping a steady pace as she approached the younger girl, her claws tapped on the grip of her weapon, curled tail pointing more outwards, "There you are. Everything alright?"

Her gaze broke only enough to Symre, hoping she was at least smart enough to catch on and play along. Her head moved up to the man, her tone stern to keep up the act, "Do you mind?" She had always been a firm believer that if there was no need for a fight, then why spill the blood...

But even if there was, better her than Brocade's niece. Placing herself just in front of the younger one, she crossed her arms. She was not frightened by whatever this male could do.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:21 pm

The truth about Salsola was this – for all his secrecy and great size, at its core they were driven by the simple demands of Family. In a wolf pack this meant providing both sustenance and protection.

Though his actions continued to waver between the two of these, Grievous was always quick to follow after Idrieus' scent when she was close. Since they had danced he had recognized a shifting dynamic between them and with it arose new demands. She was someone he could not bear to see alone, and indeed did not like to be very far from her at all these days.

It was more important, though, that his presence be there for situations like the one he came upon now.

Though there were two of them now, the girl (she was still Bambino yet) and a warrior who did not need his assistance – but the man was still a considerable threat. Loners did not so often travel alone when they could help it, and he was wary of those bold enough to encroach near a pack.

Leggy and fast, Grievous slipped through the brush and made his presence known with a rumbling growl despite lingering where he was still mostly-hidden by branch and leaf. The wolf could move faster on four legs, and he was already making motions intending to limit the man's routes of escape. If it came to violence, they would have an advantage.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:13 pm

She was staring at him with all of the false bravado of youth. Symettra as she was called was twitching her fingers as she attempted not to tug on her braids. The braids reminded Ciprian of the young girls who had flitted about the streets of his childhood – the cacophony of their cries filling alleyways as they chased one another from door way to door way. He resisted the urge to tug on one long dark braid, the pieces of silver woven into it catching his eye like a magpie.

She was smiling as she spoke, ”You should listen to me.” Her expression was toothy, ”My family is very close.”

Ciprian straightened, plucking dust from the shoulders of his cloak with a smooth expression that had him scanning the silent trees around them. There was nothing but the quiet that came with rustling leaves, the silvery-green of the birch trees shining brightly as the clouds parted to reveal a buttery sun. He clicked his tongue, ”I don’t know-“

The sound of a stick cracking made his ears twitch, and suddenly a woman emerged through the trees. She was mottled all over, with sharp blue eyes and a firm mouth. The weapon at her hip shone, and he could hear her nails tap against its pommel as she eyed the space between the young trader and himself. Both horses nervously shifted their weight, and Ciprian allowed a smile to slide across his features.

”Well hello.” Symettra took a step towards her horse, ”Do I mind? I was just looking to trade.”

The rumbling growl had his expression narrow slightly as a hulking wolf padded through the brush and he shrugged his shoulders as he continued speaking.

He crossed his arms and leaned against his flea-bitten ride, ”You don’t look related.”

Loners
DEAD
Amanda
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:57 pm

I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

OOC: +300 words.

Whenever such a threat came up, it seemed Idrieus was content to take the brunt of the damage. She had already proven herself a capable fighter and leader when it came to battles and wars, so it only made sense that she would be able to take such heavy hits and fight back even when the pain was slapping her in the face. Watching as the dark male made his approach made the Paladin feel uneasy. It was not normal, and given his tone of voice, would be more than happy to prey on Symre to get what he wanted.

Which was why it was a good thing she noticed him back up a bit when she revealed herself to be close by, making herself the shield between the two "traders."

A familiar growl began to ring in her flopped ears. Grievous... He had always been so reliable in battle, and the two often fought aside one another. It was only fitting that he be the one here to back them up in case something gout out of hand. He was still hidden, so of course the pale male's power was kept from view.. but then again Outsiders were not always the greatest about making decisions, usually leading to confrontations.

The male spoke, but then questioned whether they were even family, a lie that the dark girl had been using to warn this male about trying something with her. While it was true that neither of the members present as her defense looked anything like her, that didn't make her any less of family. A scoff exited her lips before the tip of her tail gave an annoyed flick, "Family doesn't always mean being connected by blood. She came to us and we took her in."

At least it wasn't a total lie. She had come to Salsola along with the rest of her siblings and was now a part of the pack family. In a way, she was family with the Paladin and Grievous. Even so, she remained wary of what this dark male might try to pull.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

It was hard to see them, from where he was. Grievous didn't like that about his chosen position, but he could hear well enough – and he had been heard, which gave him reason to linger. Even if he could not see his target, he would be able to rush ahead and find it.

Running in blind sounded foolish. He supposed many things he had been doing were foolish, and often lingered on the thoughts of misdeeds. A part of him felt some regret, and perhaps some guilt, but everything had been done for the greater good. It had been war, always war. This had so refined his senses and his sense of duty that Grievous could overlook behavior which put him at risk.

There was only one man. He wasn't entirely worried.

Under the cover which obstructed his view, Grievous fell silent and began to listen.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

Dead Topics