I can't let it break where it starts to bend

Sebastien

POSTED: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:47 am

OOC - ohigh here's that thread i said we needed forever ago. I' going to have this dated to present day, so the kids are about a month old. WC: 648

I know you'll stay by my side

Things had been extremely hard for him in the past few weeks. Since the death of Faith and the arrival of his children, he had to become a father - a single father - to two little bastards. One of them had the unique markings of their mother, and the other looked astonishingly like Coaxoch himself. He loved them, more than anyone could have imagined, but he also hated them all the same. They had ruined his life, taken their mother from him, and while he knew he couldn't blame them, he wanted to. He wanted to hate them so much. He wanted to hate them like Isabella hated Dirge - how the Heiwas hated the Ulrichs - he wanted to leave them to the spirits in the woods. Elphaba saw that he didn't. She had commanded him to raise them, to teach them and provide for them like his own father had done for not only Coaxoch himself, but also Dirge, and the plethora of other children that he had at his heels.

So for weeks, this is what he did.

He had help, from Calla, Nephele, and from Sebastien respectively. He also had help from Faith's younger sister, Dahlia. Coaxoch did not question why Nephele had been producing milk when she had been, mostly because he did not understand the biology of women all that much. He had heard mutterings of women producing milk when there was young around, and he simply did not question these mutterings. He took the help as he needed it, and the children grew with her milk, they grew from little beans, to something more. Granted, Coaxoch had not had much interaction with his siblings when they were first born, so he did not know much about how they could not see, or hear for a few weeks, and how they just wanted milk and warmth and that was it. It was when they opened their eyes and actually started to look at Coaxoch with some sort of intelligence that Coaxoch felt more fatherly to them, and with this, he had become slightly more protective. He stayed next to Nephele as they were nursing, he watched Sebastien closely - though Dahlia was a different story. She had been rather elusive and invasive with the children and took them to see Calla often. He tried to stop her several times but she did not listen to him. Sooner or later, he had to start going out for more hunts, for the pups started to wean, and these were the days that Coaxoch had been a bit of a mess, until he was able to get back to his children. They always greeted him with excitement and joy, and this was when he found his hate dissipate to love.

Eden and Evelyn were babbling on this day, while Coaxoch had been stroking a fire in the chimney. The church had been dreadfully cold in the winter, and the new children needed the warmth, so it had been quite a feat to get the chill from the air. He wondered when would be a good time for the children to finally meet their family too, for they did have children that they could play with that were their age. It would be strange because the children would be their aunts and uncles in relation, but it still would be beneficial for them to get the interaction with the others while they were young, and perhaps establish a relationship as strong as his and Sebastien's, or Till's and Dullahan's had been.

"Hey Bun? Do you want to start the stew for me?" he asked his companion as he turned an eye to see the children tumbling over themselves and each other with an energy that Coaxoch wished that he remembered. Coaxoch wished that he could remember Valtin as clearly as he could remember Faith.

Together we'll face what lives on in the night

Avvie by Hydra@Souls'RPG, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

[WC] +400. sorry for the delay <3

Life was keeping the Serf busy. The never-ending blur of tasks left Sebastien pleasantly tired by the end of the day, yet he could not shake his worries away. Coax needed him as much as the children did. He didn’t resent his brother for the extra workload piled onto him; if anything it was a way of repaying the gratitude he felt towards the Ulrichs. They had saved him from the horrors that lurked beyond the safety of the Kingdom’s borders. The hound sometimes felt like he was stepping on the fair male’s paws too much - he would try to bring a glimmer of light to those blue eyes.

Deep down though he knew he was out of his depth. The event had touched them all, himself included. It would be foolish to compare his grief to that of Coaxoch’s, a bittersweet twist of fate. All Bastien could do was be there. He hunted when he could, the frozen lands yielding much prey as it struggled to adapt to the changes. The sun had started to dip when the hound completed his hunt and loped towards home. Two rabbits bounced from between the hound’s jaws, the others had been buried in a cache for later.

Smoke curled into the pink-stained sky, a signal that with one last push of energy he’d be home soon. Shifting into his Optime, he pushed open the heavy wooden door to inhale the scents of home and hearth. Bastien switched the rabbits from his maw to his hands so that he could bark a greeting. Excited chatter met his ears from one of the other rooms, a sound that thawed the cold from his pelt. His face lit up when he saw Eden and Evelyn playing, entangled in each other and their own private world. He sighed happily, thinking back to how he and Coax had been like that as boys. Not that they were old now or anything.

“Hope I wasn’t gone too long, bro.” Bastien nodded at the other when he was asked to start dinner. The rabbits were put aside as the Serf collected up the utensils and ingredients he needed. The skinning of the meat would be the most time-consuming and messy step. With a grimace as he started work on extracting the flesh from hide, he distracted himself with conversation. “How’ve they been today? Not too much hassle right?” He raised a gore-slicked finger as he pointed at Coax, “Have you eaten today? If not, help yourself to this meat.”

Every turn I take, every trail I track

Sebastien Stone

Art Credit: Jacoby!
Salsola
The Serf
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:47 am

OOC - <3 WC: 542

Coaxoch did not know what he would do without Sebastien. While the male was not the only figure in his life, Sebastien had been arguably the most important person to Coaxoch in such a time. He had helped with babysitting and hunting and cooking and cleaning. Nephele had been hard to keep track of at times, and only showed up when she wanted to, and Dahlia...She had been around, but much less interested in being around Coaxoch, and merely wanted to be around the children. It made sense, she didn't need to have a relationship with the man who basically made her sister's life end. Coaxoch in turn, had not been too entertained or interested in Dahlia always taking the kids too, but he knew that she had a right to be there for her sister's children. He didn't argue with her, and he let her take them sometimes, and took those times to nap, or to do things that he wanted to do.

Today he had the son and daughter though, and had been undisturbed by Dahlia. Coaxoch breathed easy and paid more attention to his children than he usually was able to. He wondered what they would be like when they were older, and he hoped that they would make Elphaba proud. He hoped that they made his family proud. He hoped that they would make Salsola proud. Coaxoch smiled as Evelyn had pounced on her brother and caused the two pups to fumble and stumble around. Coaxoch only got up when he had heard Sebastien at the door and he entered.

The pups were excited as always to see their "uncle" Sebastien and they tried to stumble over their large paws to get to their uncle to greet him. Coaxoch quickly scooped them up in his one arm and pinned them against his chest for a moment. "Guys, Bun is busy and needs a moment, please wait to greet him" he told the pups before he placed them back on the floor. They continued on playing while the autumn haired boy moved from their foyer towards their makeshift "kitchen".

The autumn boy that reminded him so painfully of Helena in appearance had busied himself immediately with dinner, and Coaxoch was not complaining. He moved towards Sebastien and made sure to glance over to the children once more before he paid attention to Sebastien. "They've been pretty well behaved today. They didn't have me chasing them around too much, haha." spoke the male as he smiled at his partner. Coaxoch was happy that Sebastien was here, in Salsola, still in Coax's life even after all this time, after being a slave for what seemed like a long time. He was grateful for Elphaba's mercy, for Helena's mercy. He couldn't imagine doing this without Sebastien by his side.

When the other offered him some meat, he opened his mouth and waited for the piece to be placed in his maw by the other. "How was your day? Me and the kids missed ya. It's been pretty lonely around this big ol' church without uncle Bunbun." his smile widened as he chewed on the meat the other had given him.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

[WC] +400. I love this thread so much! Sorry for the wait <3

It wasn’t just Sebastien that was giddy with excitement. The pups sounded active today, he thought with a chuckle. Coaxoch appealed for order, before placing them on the ground. In between working on the kills, his pale eyes flicked between his brother and their children. It was a little strange at first to think of them as ‘his’ or ‘theirs’ - he hadn’t played any part in bringing them into the world afterall. The hound had been willing to let their father and aunt do as they please, but once they started to call him ‘uncle’ and ‘papa’ a rush of protectiveness swept over him.

The vulnerability of children and their need for love and support pulled at Bastien’s instincts, with such power and suddenness that he found it difficult to tear himself away from. The fair Ulrich was beside him now, and with his proximity the world looked brighter. Warmer. Freckled hands marred with crimson tugged loose a sliver of meat from the rabbit’s body as Bastien returned the smile. He chuckled as Coax ran through his day with Eden and Evelyn. “That’s great!” He turned to the pups over his brother’s shoulder as he practised his best stern sing-song voice, “Don’t go wearing out your dad, okay? That’s an order from Uncle BunBun!”

Two wide-eyed faces turned towards the men, before an uncertain sound left their mouths. Sebastien let them see he wasn’t being serious with a wiggle of his tail and the lol of his tongue. He turned to see that Coaxoch was waiting, open-mouthed. For a moment, the Serf could only see a hungry baby bird with tousled hair in front of him. “Mama bird to the rescue!” He’d never fed another canine, as he gently lowered the morsel into the other’s mouth, mindful of anything touching. It wasn’t an unpleasant experience and something he could see himself getting used to. Maybe he should ask Coax to be the mama bird next time.

How could he not smile at the sweetness in the other’s eyes as he spoke about their life? They called each other brothers, and yet their relationship had changed in other ways. They lived as a mated pair and family would, but that wasn’t quite right. Either way, Bastien wanted to keep things as they were. Why ruin what was working? “Uncle BunBun. I like it when you call me that." Taffy-coloured eyes danced with mirth as the corners of his muzzle rose.

"The hunting is fair game. I know these guys are a bit on the lean side. Tomorrow is another day, so maybe we'll find some fat ones." He turned his attention towards dinner. "I missed you too, hon. I missed you all. Maybe… we could ask Dahlia to look after them sometime, and go hunting together - just you and me?”

Every turn I take, every trail I track

Sebastien Stone

Art Credit: Jacoby!
Salsola
The Serf
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:05 pm

OOC - <3 WC: 632

Coaxoch had been very proud of Sebastien and how he had stepped up to the plate when Coaxoch had needed him to. Coaxoch had explained to Elphaba that he wanted to raise the children with Sebastien, rather than with a random woman, and she seemed to have accepted this, seeing as she had not sent a woman his way yet and the boys had been raising the children mostly by themselves, with the "crazy aunt" whom would often come and take the children to Milstone to do whatever she did with them. It made for good time off from watching them all the time, and while Coaxoch often appreciated it, he often found that Eden had come back and started talking about his mother and asking questions about who she was and all of that nonsense. It was like reopening a wound, every time he had to think about the woman, and Coaxoch knew that Dahlia had to be talking about her to the children for them to be so interested in her all of a sudden.

Coaxoch laughed as Sebastien told the children not to use up all their energy on their father, and they both yapped in reply to their other father. They were confused at first, and once they saw the wiggle of their father's small tail, they knew he was joking with them. They yipped more as they drew closer to the two adults, but were careful to not swarm their feet, as they were not "allowed" in the kitchen, and they knew that. Coaxoch told them long ago that it was dangerous in the kitchen and because of that, they were not allowed. This gave Coaxoch and Sebastien a safe place from them as well, keeping knives, and fire safe away from the children. When the other finally offered him the meat, Coaxoch lapped it up greedily and found himself coming behind the other and wrapping his one arm around the other's waist, pulling him against his chest and placing his head on the crook of Sebastien's back. Coaxoch was confused about the way his body felt like it needed a closeness, and even more so since Faith had perished. Since she had been gone, he had become more touchy with Sebastien, to the point where he could not fall asleep without snuggling the male, even though there was no sexual nature to any of this actions.

Coaxoch closed his eyes, and took in the musk of the other, for the male smelt like woods and freedom. It reminded him of their youth, when they ran around and played in the farmland that Sebastien's father owned. Coax's arm gripped at Sebastien's chest then and he pushed his face more into the smaller canine's back. Coaxoch tried not to think of better times these days, because it just made him sad.

"I think that would be good for us, for a day off, just to spend together." his words were soft and sad as he pushed his face into the back of the other male, but held tight so the other could not see his face. "This whole thing has been a bit of a mess.." he whispered so softly that he could barely hear himself say it. He didn't want the kids to see how sad he was, nor did he want Sebastien to look at him with his bright eyes that were like pink crystals. Coaxoch sighed. "Together we can probably take down a deer. Or if we are lucky, a boar. That is some good eats." he told the other, his tone louder, and less upset as he thought about hunting, trying to push his other feelings out of the way for the sake of the children.

Salsola
The Tradesman
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

Dead Topics